Should Death Traps come back for MK7?
posted12/17/2004 02:44 AM (UTC)by
Brunão
About Me

The PM / IM system doesn't work for me, so PM / IM TomTaz, Toxik, tgrant, 17wpermacwp17, etc, and they'll give me the message, thanks :-) ------------------------- SHUT UP AND SING

I think they should, they were a great addition to the game and IMO they were better than stage Fatalities.
Some say that the Death Traps are cheap, but I beg to disagree, they actually make the game more fun and you actually care for the stages and you really feel like you want to search for new stages on the krypt smile
At least I do. I couldn't care less for the stages in MK:DA, but I loved the ones in MK:D glasses
What do you all think?
YingYeung
12/16/2004 07:03 PM (UTC)
I totally agree with you. Death Traps were among the best additions to MK so far, and it's another MK-only feature. But for those who dislike them, I must say that the option of putting them on or off should also be in MK7 and future MKs...
Damn right they should.

I love the death traps, one of my fav additions to MK period. When your playing online or against your friends and you are near a deathtrap, it's pretty exciting trying to get out of the situation as quick as possible. Also, it's pretty funny when you are getting your arse whooped, then do one hit on your opponent and they go into the deathtrap, muahaha.
Sub-ZeroMasta
12/16/2004 07:24 PM (UTC)
I think that they should be back. I enjoy knocking my friend err opponent off if they get to close or I manuever them over near one. Altho I do not like it when I have a big advantage on them health wise and I get knocked off when they have hardly any energy and I have almost a full bar lol.

But that is what makes them fun to have on. It can change the match at any point in any round. Makes for a more exciting game I think.

So yes I hope they include them in MK7 and future Mortal Kombat games.
GhostDragon
About Me

Ghostdragon - Fan Submission Director ghostdragon@mortalkombatonline.com
Mortal Kombat Online - The Ultimate Mortal Kombat Experience
http://www.mortalkombatonline.com

"Tis true my form is something odd, But blaming me is blaming God. Could I create myself anew, I would not fail in pleasing you. If I could reach from pole to pole, Or grasp the ocean with a span, I would be measured by the soul, The mind's the standard of the man."
-Isaac Watts
12/16/2004 07:28 PM (UTC)
I think there should be Death Traps in future MK games, but not so many of em.

GD
Toxik
About Me
12/16/2004 08:02 PM (UTC)
I think Death Traps were great additions to MK. I think they should return in MK7 & they should be even better. I think is fun to send people to those deadly traps plus a lot of people enjoy them too.
Death Traps were great additions to MKD. I think they should return with new death traps & with some from MKD in MK7.
FROST4584
12/16/2004 08:18 PM (UTC)
I think not. There too much of a cheap kill. I want MK7 fighting to be all about who is the bettter fighter rather than your in the wrong place at the wrong time. With that said ideas for death traps should be reserved for only for stage fatalites for the victor of the match.

Should death traps come back for MK7?
My answer: No
krsx66
12/16/2004 09:55 PM (UTC)
I think they are great, and deserve to come back - seeing as they were one of the best additions to MK6...

I do think there should be less, perhaps about 50% of the arenas should have them. Maybe then, the stages without them will get some consderation too, please no more stages like Deception's Living Forest...

Many times a Death Trap has saved me online, when I'm losing badly - I have to try and lure them into a death trap to win, and occasionaly it works - and is one of the most satisfying aspects of online...

Also, it is a good counteractive to cheeser's / cheater's. That way it is not a certain loss when u come across a Bo or Dairou etc cheese...

And finaly, I like doing a combo that results in sending an opponent off the edge / into the death trap. Another fun advantage of them.

On the flip side, it is VERY annoying destroying someone, and then they luckily death trap you to win...furious
Grizzle
12/16/2004 11:38 PM (UTC)
I would want them back too. It was great playing against people and actually using my brains rather than mashing against buttons. I tricked many people by setting them up. Great strats to make up, and I love hearing people scream in anger after I set them up for a loss in a death trap.
takermk
12/17/2004 12:22 AM (UTC)
I see the death traps as the ring outs that you see in Virtua Fighter and Soul Calibur.

Do I want them to come back? Hell yeah.

Brunão
About Me

The PM / IM system doesn't work for me, so PM / IM TomTaz, Toxik, tgrant, 17wpermacwp17, etc, and they'll give me the message, thanks :-) ------------------------- SHUT UP AND SING

12/17/2004 02:44 AM (UTC)
takermk Wrote:
I see the death traps as the ring outs that you see in Virtua Fighter and Soul Calibur.

Do I want them to come back? Hell yeah.

I don't actually see them as ring outs, because even though I like the ring outs, I think the death traps are way cooler wink I see them more like stage fatalities only more realistic smile

Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.