15 Things MKD lacked and MK7 should have!!!!
posted12/26/2004 07:34 PM (UTC)by
Fireblade
About Me
Again I am at it, playing mkd and thinking what it lacked that bothers me.........

1. Torn clothes

2. Real Hidden Characters, its an mk Tradtion.

3.new fighting engine.....or drastically different to MKDA

4. at least 3 alternate costumes. Two new costumes and one Classic eg: an exact replica of costume they had in their first mk appearance.

5. The appearance of a new ninja! Mk was always famous for introducing new ninja in most mk games.

6. An improved Elder god enhanced Scorpion

7.FMV endings

8. A new God who enters the tornament

9. An animated living forest....capturing the original classic feel.

10. More realistic powers (especially the look of powers if thats at all possible Raidens lightning is best example)

11. Create a character

12. Create a Costume (if number 11 is not possible)

13. FMV cut seens to help tell story.

14. Improved Arena interaction: eg: If lui kang moves towards a wall he should be able to run up and to a jump kick .

15. Increasing battle damage system: Imagine if MKD had a scale system where there the further you get beat up the less power your hits will have when you try to fight back
blackmagik
About Me

Bye, Bye Bitches.

12/23/2004 01:20 PM (UTC)
Fireblade Wrote:
Again I am at it, playing mkd and thinking what it lacked that bothers me.........

1. Torn clothes

2. Real Hidden Characters, its an mk Tradtion.

3.new fighting engine.....or drastically different to MKDA

4. at least 3 alternate costumes. Two new costumes and one Classic eg: an exact replica of costume they had in their first mk appearance.

5. The appearance of a new ninja! Mk was always famous for introducing new ninja in most mk games.

6. An improved Elder god enhanced Scorpion

7.FMV endings

8. A new God who enters the tornament

9. An animated living forest....capturing the original classic feel.

10. More realistic powers (especially the look of powers if thats at all possible Raidens lightning is best example)

11. Create a character

12. Create a Costume (if number 11 is not possible)

13. FMV cut seens to help tell story.

14. Improved Arena interaction: eg: If lui kang moves towards a wall he should be able to run up and to a jump kick .

15. Increasing battle damage system: Imagine if MKD had a scale system where there the further you get beat up the less power your hits will have when you try to fight back

Amen
mkdfan
About Me
12/23/2004 03:41 PM (UTC)
Amen Twice

lovin the torn clothes bit and the new ninja thats always a good thing.grin
xxakonzxx
12/23/2004 03:45 PM (UTC)
I couldn't have put it better myself!
JimboLimbo
12/23/2004 04:43 PM (UTC)
i like the sound of 7, 11 (especially, that wuld be great!), 12 and 14. wat i think wuld be the BEST if u culd create ure own fatality sum how, then ne one who doesnt like the fatalities the MK team make, they culd make their own and show others online when they beat them! id also like to see a return of such things like friendships, brutalities, animalities, etc, they were always fun in MK3!
EdenianNinja
12/23/2004 06:37 PM (UTC)
i have 2 more to ADD!!!

1) Better Character selection screen wit better renders
2) 2 endings (atleast) for characters - it will add more replayability......and like u can have one ending for each of their costumes
titanwarrior
12/23/2004 06:59 PM (UTC)
perfect!!! just a couple more things.

better combo juggles
tougher combo breakers
no silly stuff ( bo rai cho, dumb fatalities, puzzle)

if they do not have all of the things you guys mentioned above and what i said corrected by mk7 or at least by mk8, i am going to buy the rights to mk and have the people on this site fix it with a combined effort.

i'm not kidding!
Fireblade
12/24/2004 05:28 AM (UTC)
Oh well will we ever get a game exactly how we would want it to be
JimboLimbo
12/24/2004 10:56 AM (UTC)
Fireblade Wrote:
Oh well will we ever get a game exactly how we would want it to be

yea, but all MK games r damn good fun neway i think!

but these r just a few ideas of what we'd like to see.
Chrome
About Me

12/24/2004 11:41 AM (UTC)
Fatalities and harakiris should be realistic (no Kabal spinners, Li Mei brutality, Kenshi tele-strech, Bo'Rai Cho fartality...)

Realistic fighting styles (what a massacre was judo, aikido and some others in MKDA and MKD)

Reasonable characters (no more ninjas, we have enough, Bo' Rai Cho should be more serious, no more resurected characters)

Torn clothes and wounds -yes, definitely

Cliffhangers in storylines explained, those who are dead, reamin dead!!!

JimboLimbo
12/24/2004 12:45 PM (UTC)
so ure saying u'd prefer MK to be completely serious and have no humour in fatalities or characters? then it wuld just turn into a sadistic killing game like that manhunt game for instance... not that it alredy is, but fatalities like kabals spinny one for instance r funy i think and shuld stay that way in sum cases
-NIGHTWOLF-
12/24/2004 11:26 PM (UTC)
I agree with most of them. The humour should remain.
I would have liked to see all the characters have unique victory poses. Nightwolf had a great one in MK3 but they gave him a recycled MKDA one and they gave it to Darrius.
Chrome
About Me

12/25/2004 12:17 AM (UTC)
Umm, only the lame humour should be gone. I prefer a more grotesque aproach to the fatality genre. Hmm, working with realistic equipment, magic and stuff like that. If there was an explanation for something like Kabals fatality (like he speeds up molecular resonance) than it should have logic and I would have no problem with it at all.

But please shy away from the laughing humour and add more grotesque humour.
Libra
12/25/2004 12:42 AM (UTC)
how about injured body parts??? like if the leg is "broken" the character can limp around and fight.

or how about weapon that breaks. while fighting, the weapon can break in half in the middle of a battle (like Soul Blade, only the weapon breaks instead of flying away).
ulsebillylo
12/25/2004 04:41 PM (UTC)
hello, how about crossovers or butt kicks a.k.a mk2 actullaly have the jump kick mean something faster movement in the air. I THINK CROSSOVERS IN THE NEXT VERSION. will make alot of people suck because the cant handle a crossover block or reaction thus counting for jump kick pop up air juggles yeeaaahhhaa more action thats what we really need.gringrin
Chrome
About Me

12/25/2004 05:34 PM (UTC)
IN BIO F.R.E.A.K.S. (another Midway fighter) you could sever the limbs (arms and legs) of the opponent and each button was assigned for each bodypart. Example: 1 is for the right arm, and 2 is for the left arm. Should the left arm be broken, you could forget combinations that use 2.

Another idea: each martial arts should have differernt blocks, counters, reversals and recovery time. For example, capoeira has a good defense but we rarely see blocking in it. Pankration has powerfull joint locks and blocking stances and wu shu and tang lang is good at counters.

For gods sake use real martial arts (Kenshis judo was a massacre)!

The tekken controlls were not bad, using a punch (1,2) or kick (3,4) and a direction (forward, backward, up-forward) at the same time could determi-ne where the attack lands and what kind of punch/kick/anything else it was. For reversal based martial arts, they would not have attacks, instead they would get very easy reversals-example: instead of a forward+1 punch they use a forward+1 reversal. Therefore Judo and Aikido would become reversal, lock and counter heavy styles, what they are in real life too.
obsessedashfan
12/25/2004 10:39 PM (UTC)
I think there should be an Arcade mode and a Story mode. Like Arcade mode would be just a normal fight ten characters and you get an ending kind of thing, and Story mode could be similar but have mid-bosses that are unique to each character and have a cutscene involving these mid-bosses to help to explain a characters storyline. For example:

Scorpions mid boss could be Sub Zero. Both characters have a lot of history with each other, and the stories could intertwine. Sonyas mid boss could be Kano etc.

I also think that they should work on some of the new characters they add to the series. Alot of the more recent cast additions (MK: DA - Hsu Hao for example) were bland characters that just weren't interesting enough and didn't add much to the story line.

Plus of course loads of killer secrets. Im talking heaps of characters, costumes, game modes, arenas, weapons and fighting styles.
Fireblade
12/26/2004 01:28 AM (UTC)
Yeah bio freaks, thats the game i have been thinking about for ages I mention injuries and limb removals and thus fighting can continue in other posts I did and on my website, mk7 section. Mk needs to add this .......

Bio freaks!!!!!!!!
Sub-Zero_7th
12/26/2004 07:34 PM (UTC)
1. good aerial properties; To me, MK4 had the best aerial properties out of all of the MK games

2. more accuracy with each fighting style

3. better defensive system, namely style-oriented defense (e.g. Aikido using joint-locks, Ninjutsu using rolls and flips, Shotokan using parrying, Dragon using elbow and grabbing techniques)

4. certain stages should be bigger and more interactive such as the Portal, Living Forest, and Courtyard

5. each stage should have its own song; The Pit and Lower Mines had the same song; Beetle Lair and Nethership Interior had the same song; Liu Kang's Tomb and Golden Desert had the same song; Dark Prison and Hell's Foundry had the same song

6. customizable soundtrack such as importing your own songs and stuff

7. more side games such as Test Your Might, Test Your Sight, Galaga, Space Invaders, Pong, as well as some original, character based side games (e.g. zapping things using Raiden...)

8. prizes when you beat Arcade mode like in MKT

9. super unlockable characters (if there really aren't any in MKD)

10. video endings; CG would take too long and would cost too much to do so using in game graphics would be better

11. other gameplay modes such as 2 on 2, 3 on 3, team, endurance, 8 player tournament and more options in practice mode like in MK4

12. better Krypt kontent

13. more move properties (e.g. Snake using lots of pressure point techniques for various effects such as weakening, paralyzing, slowing down, etc.)

14. some of the moves and combos should have that backdash cancel ability like in MK: DA such as the moves in Pi Gua

15. more special moves for some of the characters (e.g. Scorpion getting back all of his specials from MK: D plus his other specials like the Scissor Kick, Air Throw, and Fire Breath; Sub-Zero having all of his specials from MK: D as well as get the Slide, Ice Shaker and also have an Ice Wall)
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.