Free Art program downloads and resources/Free image hosters thread
posted01/23/2011 09:23 PM (UTC)by
Jonin01
About Me

=Jonin01=

My DeviantArt Site - Check out my Artwork here

Feel free to add any and all LEGAL links to downloads and other resources or tutorials here folks! smile

(Illegal links will be removed upon discovery, and your rating will be penalized for it as well.)

Here are a few to get you started:

Free Paintshop Pro 8.0 Beta on registration: Here

Free program that is similar in nature to Photoshop: Here

Free program that is similar to Painter: Here

(cool thing about this last one...network capability! lets several folks work on one piece at the same time! smile)
stealthninja
03/09/2003 05:08 AM (UTC)
cool and its legal!wink
sure beats stealing.grin
Khardynyl
03/09/2003 02:28 PM (UTC)
I didn't know about the PSP 8 Beta test, thanks for the NFO
SubScorpTile
03/09/2003 07:52 PM (UTC)
WOW KOOL THANX ,BUT WHICH 1 WOULD U SAY IS BEST FOR A BEGGINER
RammSPOOn
03/09/2003 09:40 PM (UTC)
Just pick one and play with it, dude. There is no 'best for a beginner'. I was a beginner and I had Photoshop 4.0. 4 years and two upgrades later, look what I can do. grin And I still need to get 7.0.

So just find one and stick with it.
SubScorpTile
03/09/2003 10:33 PM (UTC)
ok then i shall
Khardynyl
03/10/2003 03:04 AM (UTC)
PSP8 is way different to PSP7, it is nothing like the step from 6 to 7. I would think carefully before you get 7.
RaMeir
03/10/2003 06:28 PM (UTC)
Here are some art resource links.

Farp
It is a general art tutorial page with a large section on Computer Art.

Bakaneko
Good tutorials on different topics. Anime inspired

I'll post more as I find them,
Wyatt
RaMeir
03/11/2003 02:29 PM (UTC)
Here are some 3D sites for those that are dabbling or creating.

I use Lightwave 3D so most of these are LW related sites. However, the concepts for modeling, lighting, and texturing apply to any 3D application.

Lightwave Tutorials on the Web.
Scott Cameron's be-all end-all for LW tutorials.

Flay.com
Not only covers tutorials but plug-ins and galleries for different artists.

Lightwave World
Excellent tutorial list.

Wyatt
Now that lightwave stuff is really helpful.
I've been wanting to do something with it for a LONG time.
But all the other stuff is really cool 2.
Thanx guys.
Murdoink
03/16/2003 11:28 PM (UTC)
OMG Thanks Jonin, I won't recieve those PMs saying "Where can I download this program?", no offence to those who sent me those PMs. =P

Btw, if you found something related to Ulead Photo Impact, plz post it. =]
white_tiger_tsd
03/19/2003 07:56 PM (UTC)
are they full programs or are they beta program links
SubScorpTile
03/20/2003 01:54 AM (UTC)
they are all full version downloads...i downloaded the jasc software one and it works great
white_tiger_tsd Wrote:
are they full programs or are they beta program links

axeman61
About Me

Why care about people if they're not bloody and on your carpet right now?

03/21/2003 08:35 AM (UTC)
RammSPOOn
03/22/2003 02:27 AM (UTC)
I doubt anyone cares... Since I'm just... soooo Talentless according to some... ;) But if you're interested in how I create such Realistic Hair in Photoshop...

ArtLair

Other turotials there, too. But I stole the hair thing ^______^ I tweaked it, but yeah... that's the basis of it there.
NoobSaibot
03/30/2003 02:39 PM (UTC)
Wow, so many useful programs, I think I'll get PSP 8 - Looks good enough, maybe I'll learn something from it.
By the way, to all the PSP7 users, do any of you people know how to do a "FIRE" effect? Because I cant figure it out.
yankeefan4life3
04/06/2003 07:12 PM (UTC)
i just use paint
DRFATALITY
04/08/2003 12:02 AM (UTC)
can someone please post photoshop?
RammSPOOn
04/08/2003 07:05 AM (UTC)
Photoshop isn't free, so...

NO

k? :)
ShoeUnited
About Me

Puto, ergo non est deus
Non opus est, si pretium non habetis.

04/09/2003 01:59 AM (UTC)
I don't know if this counts, but since music is an art and it is totally free I'll drop this line.

It is a proggie called Hyper Symphony. I stumbled accross it. Some dudes at MIT are passing it out. Basically, easy music. I know it isn't pen and paper (or 1 and 0). But you could do fan music. I haven't played with it. But it would be cool to add music with some of the fan art in swf files or something.

I ain't looking to get flamed here. And I don't know if it specifically fits the premise of this area. But, it is grey enough for me.

Just a thought...

-Shoe
ShoeUnited
About Me

Puto, ergo non est deus
Non opus est, si pretium non habetis.

04/09/2003 02:12 AM (UTC)
I love IRfanView for image viewing and conversion.

It changes just about any image format into any other. It even recognizes incorrect formats, and asks if you would like to rename the extension to the proper one.

All around good program, but make sure that you don't give it total control over all media formats.

It is free.

And so am I...

-Shoe
NoobSaibot
04/13/2003 09:35 PM (UTC)
SlowView is a free multimedia viewer, combining an image viewer, a video player and an audio player in one single program. It allows you to quickly view and browse your multimedia collection, always with the same simple yet powerful interface. SlowView is working on all Windows platforms and supports more than 50 image, video, and audio formats! You`ll be able to browse images in thumbnail/report view, or one by one. You'll find such features as creation of custom image effects, batch processing, or catalog creation. It supports Drag-n-Drop, wheel mouse, and other technologies. You can easily convert many images at once into another format, or quickly start Slideshows to show off your media to your friends. You can even use it as a music player while you work on something, where SlowView will automatically play a whole directory full with your music, as long as you want it to. Further it has support for many different languages besides English like German, French, Spanish, Chinese and others. And its price (FREE!) will definitely make it your favourite program for multimedia management...
SeKt0r
About Me

04/27/2003 06:39 PM (UTC)
I'm wondering if anyone had any work from PSP 8.. I'm having a hard time doing sektors body and stuff... :(
NoobSaibot
05/02/2003 12:36 AM (UTC)
Heh...Are you sure about that man?! PSP is so easy to learn..just look at my sig. I get so much PMs and compliments from it smile!

SeKt0r Wrote:
I'm wondering if anyone had any work from PSP 8.. I'm having a hard time doing sektors body and stuff... :(

_bathori_
06/04/2003 05:49 PM (UTC)
here's one for both the 2D and the 3D artists, though there is a definite slant towards the poser folk. They have tons of free resources and tutorials for almost any need you might have. You DO have to be a member to download the free stuff, but membership is free :)
Renderosity.com

Pages: 4
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.