Klassic Combo Videos -MK4 Extreme released 9-22-07!
posted06/05/2014 08:05 AM (UTC)by
MK2KungBroken
About Me
The Prophet - R.I.P. 1979-2006www.kombatnetwork.com
- Your Source for UMK3 Competition -
When something better than UMK3 comes out, I'll let you all know, because it still hasn't happened yet.
A new MK4 N64 video has been released by ded_ and Juggernaut featuring some editing from Battousai and DreemerNJ. This is a truly insane and ridiculous MK4 video that everyone should see, even if you aren't an MK4 fan. Special thanks for Hanzo for his effort and contribution to this video and MKK for keeping MK4 alive, and also Selpex and Frozen Worm for misc combos.
MK4 Extreme HQ
MK4 Extreme Youtube
Last update:
ded_ and Shock have once again put their heads together and come up with another way to milk 2D MK. It is in the form of Mortal Kombat 1, and it is in fact a combo video. Combos by ded_, editing by Shock. Insanity, 9 minutes 45 seconds.
MK: Old School
Youtube link: MK: Old School
All Combo Videos can be found here:

UMK3 and MKT Combo Videos

Klassic Combo Vid Staff: Shock, ded_, DreemerNJ, Selpex, Konqrr, Juggernaut, Battousai, Hanzo
MaRcElunbeatable
09/21/2003 08:40 PM (UTC)
That fucking owned! I finally got a chance to see it, and damn it fucking blew me away. Thats nice, man really nice. Nice job. Btw do can u give me permission to post this on other boards? I bet a lot of ppl will love it.
MK2KungBroken
About Me
When something better than UMK3 comes out, I'll let you all know, because it still hasn't happened yet.
09/21/2003 09:04 PM (UTC)
Sure you can post wherever you'd like, just PM me or post here the places you do so I can read the responses.

Matt
MaRcElunbeatable
09/21/2003 09:06 PM (UTC)
Thanks and I will.
Konqrr
About Me
MKII is a Glorified RPG...Turn Based Chip Damage!
09/22/2003 02:49 PM (UTC)
Service Pack 1 is available at my website.

http://www.aros.net/~konqrr/umk3sp1.zip

Enjoy!
MK2KungBroken
About Me
09/22/2003 08:43 PM (UTC)
Konqrr is the man. Thanks again.

Matt
dreemernj
09/22/2003 10:51 PM (UTC)
*bows in awe of Konqrr's greatness*
Konqrr
About Me
09/23/2003 12:15 AM (UTC)
What you guys are doing is a great thing, and I know how hard it is to make a combo movie of this calibur...all props are for you guys.

Keep up the great work!

For the next vid, I'll have to remove the first one to make space. I only have 50MB, but unlimited bandwidth. It comes with my monthly ISP service tongue
MK2KungBroken
About Me
09/23/2003 03:00 AM (UTC)
I wish Comcast offered that, I'd put it up on there. I think they offer like 5 megs, and there's probably a cap on bandwidth lol.

Matt
MK2KungBroken
About Me
09/24/2003 02:58 AM (UTC)
Another thing I wish is that people on an MK board would care about a video like this...
: \
Konqrr
About Me
09/24/2003 04:20 AM (UTC)
Maybe you could get Darque Bishop or someone to put it on the main page, it'd get some attention then.

Also, you should edit your first post's subject line to read "Released!" instead of
"Soon..." So when people see it on the forum, they will know it's out.
MK2KungBroken
About Me
09/24/2003 10:46 AM (UTC)
Well if anyone can get in touch with the people who run this site, that would be great, I think they pretty much cater to the new stuff though, I think fans that come here are less interested in classic MK than people at something like shoryuken.com where there is a generalized fan base for fighting games. You have people here who love MKDA and hate every other MK, and then people on srk.com who have never played MK but still check out the video.

Matt
MaRcElunbeatable
09/24/2003 07:09 PM (UTC)
I could do u the favor of advertising it on my signature since i go to boards like MKWarehouse or Gumeleon and soon I will join ChiefThunder's boards and im always acive too. Just let me know.
MaRcElunbeatable
10/04/2003 11:09 PM (UTC)

ChiefThunderBoard:

http://www.thundersphere.mkstory.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=324

MK2KungBroken Wrote:
Sure you can post wherever you'd like, just PM me or post here the places you do so I can read the responses.
Matt

MaRcElunbeatable
10/04/2003 11:15 PM (UTC)

Gummys:

http://members.lycos.co.uk/gumeleon/beta/index.php

Go to General Mortal Kombat.

I posted the video on other sites but I hardly got any replies. So enjoy reading them smile

Shinnox
10/07/2003 10:34 PM (UTC)
why is it called umk3 when it has mkt on it?

cool vid btw
Hyuga
10/08/2003 12:28 AM (UTC)
I don't usually post in this forum, but I feel I have to. First, you suck. So do your combos. I could kill you. I could kill you with any character at any time in any game.

haha.. Just kidding. You fucking own.
MK2KungBroken
About Me
10/09/2003 08:43 PM (UTC)
Scorpio:

Out of all the combos in the video, the majority are from UMK3, the MKT combos are just a bonus and are only done with characters who appeared in PSX MKT exclusively. Not a single combo was done with any member of the original cast of UMK3 on any version other than UMK3 Arcade.

Hyuga:

Thanks! =)

Matt
MKSECRETS
10/13/2003 05:47 AM (UTC)
It's videos like this one that reminds me why I (used to) love MK so much grin

Damn, did you see Cyrax's combo??

7 hits = 99% damage = FUCK!wow
MK2KungBroken
About Me
10/14/2003 03:49 AM (UTC)
Yeah we discovered the way to get insane damage, is to get as few hits as possible. For instance Jade's 83% combo is only 6 hits, but 3 hits are roundhouses, and 3 roundhouses in one combo = ridiculous.

Matt
Khardynyl
10/17/2003 04:13 PM (UTC)
The combos are mad, but you all seem to be missing one thing. IT is bullshit like those combos that make UMK3 such a bad game. 99% of those combos are there because the game is a broken, untested piece of shit. They should have only been in an alpha version of the game.

This is exactly why no one likes Mortal Kombat, you can do cheap ass crap that just isn't in the leading Japanese fighting games because they play test the stuff before releasing it.

Those combos = unfinished game.
Konqrr
About Me
10/17/2003 04:37 PM (UTC)
MK has always been an "unfinished" game, since MK1. They were always released, then upgraded mid-cycle...ie revisions. The only exception to this was MKDA.

Deadlines are krap...they should do it like Rare and release the game when it's done for christs sake. Play test the hell outta it.
DeadlyWarrior
10/18/2003 01:25 AM (UTC)

Khardynyl Wrote:
This is exactly why no one likes Mortal Kombat,
Those combos = unfinished game.

If no one likes MK, why does this site have about 3000+ members?
dreemernj
10/19/2003 04:07 AM (UTC)
There are problems with many many fighting games. Thats why roll canceling is doable in most versions of CvS2, why the custom combo groove in that game is so abused, and why anything is possible in MvC2. Other capcom gems include Xmen vs Street Fighter which is still the brokest joint I know.

What it comes down to is, UMK3 was definately good enough for high level play. The skilled players at the game know this. There are glaring examples of things that should not have been allowed, mainly Kung Lao's Spin corner infinite, but other then that I consider UMK3 a nicely balanced game. I honestly think the only way you could watch this vid and say that this breaks the game in any way that matters is if you have no comprehension of the difficulty of these combos. I doubt any of these will be seen in actual gameplay, cause they were created just for show and to exploit the loopholes.

Maybe if there were more breaks in the combo system that could be used during actual gameplay, like the Iron Man inf from MvC2 I'd understand. But, there just aren't that many.

So, even though I was a little disheartened by some of the things that ended up being possible with this combo vid, I still feel this is a tight, fun, well crafted arcade game when it comes to actual gameplay between skilled players.

But thats all just my opinion :)
MK2KungBroken
About Me
10/19/2003 04:38 AM (UTC)
To sum it up, the statement "IT is bullshit like those combos that make UMK3 such a bad game" has no basis in reality.

You'll never ever see any one of those combos ever done to you, not ever, never. Think about the combo videos you see for MvC2 where they use at least 6 bars of super meter in training. You can't do that, and you can't cancel supers more than 3 times in MvC2. Those combos are for show, like these combos.

Those are small words, from a small being, trying to attack what it doesn't understand. The only premise we went for with the video was for the combos to be unblockable, like someone who makes a VS game video and might go for combos that are unrollable/untech hitable.

In the service pack, I can't even guarantee that every relaunch combo I got was legit because the timing is that difficult. I don't see the point in complaining about a game being bad from combos you've never seen before, and will never see other than in this video. wink

Matt -UMK3 Kombo Kreator
Pages: 28
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.