MK2KungBroken
About Me
The Prophet - R.I.P. 1979-2006www.kombatnetwork.com
- Your Source for UMK3 Competition -
When something better than UMK3 comes out, I'll let you all know, because it still hasn't happened yet.
12/08/2006 08:27 AM (UTC)
Collision detection is a big factor, simultaneous collision goes to the character which is predetermined at the beginning of the round in terms of who gets the hit.

If you see some run in and jump, do an upward JK and chances are you will always win on the way up. Characters like Kabal, Nightwolf and Kano have a very well placed jump kick in comparision to their hittable collision box, so they will snuff a lot of uppercuts and standing HP counters. There is a way around it and you have to wait just a bit long before uppercut so you get them on the way down when their hot box is gone, or, get them as soon as they leave the ground very early.
SpitFir3
About Me

Established MCMLXXIII

01/10/2007 02:55 AM (UTC)
Hi All,

I'm new here but not to the MK universe; hopefully I'll contribute something meaningful to this community in the near future and when I practice and get my game back up since I'm fairly rusty at this point with anything MK related.

Just to add to the previous mentioned about the Xbox 360's D-Pad, I can attest that it's very difficult to work with, it's the worst out of PS2 and (the best fighting joy-pad on any console thus far) Saturn.

I don't think is the conversion that was handled by Digital Eclipse (if memory serves correct) but I can definitely say that I have certain problems with Street Fighter II on XBLA as well. There's a certain unresponsiveness about the D-Pad that's hard to nail down but it's definitely there; now, I'm rusty as I've said before with my 2-d fighters in the las few years but when I go back to play UMK3 on either PS2 or Saturn I perform much better, it's very noticeable to say the least.

I'm thinking of buying the Mad Catz 360 joy-pad since I've read elsewhere that it performs better that MS's original D-Pad. I'm also interested in the performance that the DOA4 Joy-Stick may do for UMK3 but that's a expensive/hefty investment (at least for me at this point).

I've already signed up for the upcoming ultimatemk.com XBLA (Jan. 21st. '07) tourney... I look forward to seeing some of you there even though I may loose in the firsts few rounds - no matter, is about having fun too tongue

XBLA GT: xi SPITFIRE xi
dreemernj
01/15/2007 03:06 AM (UTC)
The DOA4 stick seems good, but the stock button layout is basically unuseable for UMK3. However it can be rewired.
the_shirt_ninja
08/13/2012 06:17 PM (UTC)
Hey competitive duders

I'm considering buying the MK Kollection on Steam (Ya I'm late who cares?) so I can play the old MKs online against friends, but so far I've read nothing but shitty reviews. Maybe one of you can tell me if it's worth the ten €?
lizhe8282
06/28/2013 04:30 AM (UTC)
hello,oksmilesmilewinkwink
Guilherme-0
02/27/2019 09:58 PM (UTC)

Old but gold. UMK3 is one of my favorites.

Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.