Ultimate MK 3 patched ! (Sega Genesis)
posted09/08/2007 09:26 AM (UTC)by
Asesino
About Me
Im making this topic cuz i don't see it anywhere.
Tell me youroppinion about this upgrade ?
Here is information bout this "new" UMK 3 :

http://mksecrets.net/indexeng.php
You have too many active threads in this forum; the maximum one could have is five, so I'm closing all the ones that have not been responded to recently on this page. Do not make any more threads until the rest are pushed to the next page.

Jerrod
dreemernj
01/05/2006 03:36 PM (UTC)
MK2KungBroken showed this to me a couple of weeks ago. Its very very well done. I was incredibly impressed by it. The new characters work great and the whole thing is actually really fun to play.
psykosonik
01/05/2006 04:59 PM (UTC)
and shock is responsable for this news at mksecrets too...
Asesino
About Me
01/05/2006 05:43 PM (UTC)
I got a fucken msg and the game freezes when i try to select anione from the bottom of the select screen like MK2 reptile Shang etc...why is that ?
And ded_ why dont you tell this guy to post here ?Ya know him ?Will he add MK 1 fighters too ?
AND WHAT THE FUCK is this error im getting everytime ?
psykosonik
01/05/2006 05:52 PM (UTC)
no, what i meant is that he told me about it.
Its really well done for the fact that its just a "patched" UMK3 for Genesis.
These Russian guys should try to make something similar for UMK3 on MAME.

MK2KungBroken
About Me
The Prophet - R.I.P. 1979-2006www.kombatnetwork.com
- Your Source for UMK3 Competition -
When something better than UMK3 comes out, I'll let you all know, because it still hasn't happened yet.
01/05/2006 08:49 PM (UTC)
I was talking to DreemerNJ about that, we don't know how likely it is but there is a possibility, or glimmer of hope. Dreemer said it's because the 68000 processor and it's command set, however MKII and up used a command set with a robust amount of things they never even had to use, but I think we will see it happen. The only problem is who edits it, with the way things look it would be a really out of control MvC2 of MK, so we'd need to be able to contact them and put a leash on it so to speak in order to get a balance version of Arcade MKT with netplay. If I can get into contact with them I might throw them some Rubles and see what I can get out of it. This is a serious matter though because it seems to be at our fingertips.
What emulator are you guys using? When I try to load the ROM with Kega Lazarus, it's says this file is too large...this isnt a genesis ROM. Any of the other ones I try, nothing happens. What gives? And how can I keep from running into the error that Asesino was talking about?
EDIT - My stupid ass decided not to look in the folder right away, no idea it was even in there. Does anyone know why sub zero and smoke don't have fatalities? Not to complain, but just curious...

Later
grinwow
dreemernj
01/06/2006 02:20 AM (UTC)
KungLaoGlitch86 Wrote:
What emulator are you guys using? When I try to load the ROM with Kega Lazarus, it's says this file is too large...this isnt a genesis ROM. Any of the other ones I try, nothing happens. What gives? And how can I keep from running into the error that Asesino was talking about?

EDIT - My stupid ass decided not to look in the folder right away, no idea it was even in there. Does anyone know why sub zero and smoke don't have fatalities? Not to complain, but just curious...

Later
grinwow

This whole thing is a big work in progress it seems. From what I've heard they update it with more regularity then you usually find in projects like this. I would expect that all fatalities will end up back in there correctly eventually.
PrinceBlade
01/06/2006 06:18 AM (UTC)
All I can say WOW!!! I would have never guest in my lifetime that someone would remake UMK3(last game for 16bit systems) for the Genesis, the way is should have been if not for the Genesis limitations, I could honestly cry right now, I'm in the process of downloading it, does anybody know if Shao Kahn announces the character(s) names now or not.
outworld222
01/06/2006 06:23 AM (UTC)
Yes, can someone please help me with the button configuration??

The game plays fine but I don't have the button configurations..if anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated...
PrinceBlade
01/06/2006 08:01 AM (UTC)
outworld222 Wrote:

The game plays fine but I don't have the button configurations..if anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated...

What kind of controller you are using?, if you are using a Playstation type controller, here is my setup base on my two controllers:

Square or Button 4 = High Punch
X or Button 3 = Low Punch
Circle or Button 2 = Low Kick
Triangle or Button 1 = High Kich
R1 = Run
R2 = Block

Hope that helps Can Anybody Translate the text for the Moves.
Konqrr
About Me
MKII is a Glorified RPG...Turn Based Chip Damage!
01/06/2006 09:42 AM (UTC)
This hack owns lol...brings back memories of getting a new arcade mk.

It's broke as hell though right now.
outworld222
01/06/2006 04:01 PM (UTC)
PrinceBlade Wrote:
outworld222 Wrote:

What kind of controller you are using?, if you are using a Playstation type controller, here is my setup base on my two controllers:

Square or Button 4 = High Punch
X or Button 3 = Low Punch
Circle or Button 2 = Low Kick
Triangle or Button 1 = High Kich
R1 = Run
R2 = Block

Hope that helps

Can Anybody Translate the text for the Moves.

I'm using a PC keyboard. I knew I should have posted..sorry...can anyone still help???
dreemernj
01/06/2006 06:03 PM (UTC)
There's a place in the emulator to set the keys. Just look for something that lets you configure a gamepad.
outworld222
01/06/2006 07:11 PM (UTC)
dreemernj Wrote:
There's a place in the emulator to set the keys. Just look for something that lets you configure a gamepad.

Ok thanks you helped me out with you're statement.

By the way, I hope this game gets ported to the PS2 or the PS3 in the future, it definetly is pricelss.

MK Trilogy does not compare. This game seems a thousand times better for one reason or another...
psykosonik
01/06/2006 07:16 PM (UTC)
outworld222 Wrote:

MK Trilogy does not compare. This game seems a thousand times better for one reason or another...

LoL
Smoke01
01/06/2006 10:19 PM (UTC)
This is indeed a great patch. I only wish I could do this kind of stuff, but anyway, does anyone know where a fatality list can be found? If EVERYONE in the game is supposed to have a fatality, then what is MK2 Smoke's?

Thanx for the patch...
Konqrr
About Me
MKII is a Glorified RPG...Turn Based Chip Damage!
01/06/2006 11:21 PM (UTC)
The thing comes with a movelist...with some studying you can understand it.
psykosonik
01/06/2006 11:58 PM (UTC)
BHI3 - Down
BPER - Forward
HA3 - Back
BBERX - Up
X - High Punch
A - Low Punch
B - Block
Y - Run
C - Low Kick
Z - High Kick
ДЕÐaЖÐ?ТЬ - Hold
ОТПУСТИТЬ - Release
Ð?Ð?ЖИМÐ?ТЬ - Press
dragonj87
01/07/2006 03:09 PM (UTC)
This game rules, I've been playing it all of last night and this morning. I've been playing with Cage, Raiden, Goro, and MK2Liu so far. The new characters rule, they play just like the normal UMK3 characters. I haven't encountered no glitches or bugs yet, which is amazing. Does anyone have an english version of the movelist that comes with it?
DAVE101
01/07/2006 06:12 PM (UTC)
Exelent game. I don't know if I would isay it is as good as trilogy, but it's deffinitely something. Chameleon is wierd. You don't morph, your already all the ninjas in one. This is actualy confusing because some ninjas have the same button combos to do moves.
for extra fun, choose the ultimate fatality demo.... wink
MK2KungBroken
About Me
The Prophet - R.I.P. 1979-2006www.kombatnetwork.com
- Your Source for UMK3 Competition -
When something better than UMK3 comes out, I'll let you all know, because it still hasn't happened yet.
01/07/2006 08:27 PM (UTC)
Instead of clicking OK, press enter, the program locks up for some reason.
PrinceBlade
01/08/2006 05:39 AM (UTC)
I been playing for long hours since downloading the game, it somewhat depressed me that I could'nt had this version on my Genesis ten years ago, but anyway, it well done, but like Konqrr said, it fighting engine is broke as hell right now, but I pretty sure that will be fixed, I hope also they will do the following:

If its possible, make MKT type select screen with all the characters on it, also for more room, they can add the MK2 extra characters like Lui Kang, Scorpion, Reptile, Sub-Zero etc. to there UMK3 counterparts, Like press start over there picture to flip there character picture for the classic one,

They can also spell the female Cameleon as "Khameleon"
Make or add character icon spots on the select screen for the Following character(s)
Baraka
Rayden
Goro
Kintaro
Johnny Cage
Cameleon
Khameleon
Sheeva
Human Smoke
Shao Kahn
For Human Smoke and Khameleon should be easy, Khameleon's icon(in MKT for N64) is just like Kitana's, except she is grey and the background is green, Human Smoke's icon(in MKT) is just like Classic Sub-Zero's, but he is grey and the portal is red.

Make Khameleon pallette grey and(if the Genesis graphics can take it) transparent
Make Cameleon transparent with him changing color of the other male ninjas

The few missing details to the backgrounds(Garage flying everywhere on The Street and The Bridge stage, Fire torques in The Balcony, and the Fire Torques and candles in The Temple Stage)

There is a few more but I pretty sure they will get done.
dragonj87
01/08/2006 08:37 AM (UTC)
O yea, this game still has no Sheeva. wow

I wonder if they still have room to add stages like the Graveyard. Not complaining though this game is basically MKT already. grin
Pages: 13
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.