Mortal Kombat Armageddon Facts Thread
posted04/26/2008 10:40 AM (UTC)by
shadowcat
About Me

========================================================== UP COMMING MORTAL KOMBAT RELEASES ==========================================================

NAME: MORTAL KOMBAT ARMAGEDDON

RELEASE DATE: October 9, 2006

RELEASE DATE: Europe - Australia and other PAL October 20, 2006 (NOTE:)There are currently no plans to release a Xbox PAL version of MK Armageddon

AVAILABLE ON: Playstation 2 ~ X-BOX ~ Nintendo Wii (No word on a gamecube version)

STRATEGY GUIDE

This 176 page guide is scheduled to be available on October 9th, 2006. Retail prices are $16.99 U.S. and $22.95 Can.

Details Included->

*Moves for all fighting styles, weapons, and finishing moves for all 60 playable characters.

*Detailed maps expose all traps and danger zones.

*Detailed walkthroughs help you master all "Breaker"and "Parry"Technique.

*All secrets and unlockables revealed.

*Tips and tricks to help you make the most of the new Create-A-Fighter feature.

*A pull out poster listing all of the characters moves and finishing moves.

COLLECTORS EDITION CONFIRMED

Retailing at $49.95, three of the higher-end limited editions of the game will ship with different embossed, metallic covers that feature paired characters Sindel and Shao Kahn; Kano and Sonya; and Johnny Cage and Goro. The fourth edition's box art will be identical to that of the "regular" edition of the game (the MK logo), but metallic.

While the boxes are different, all four versions appear to feature the same "kontent:" A 60-minute bonus DVD with a History of Fatalities movie and new videos for more than 50 characters, an animation cell of the cover art autographed by creator Ed Boon and an arcade-perfect version of Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3.

COVERS

Walmart: Kano & Sonya

EB Games/Gamestop: Johnny Cage & Goro

Best Buy: Shao Kahn & Sindel

Gamecrazy: MKA Dragon Logo

CREATE A CHARACTER THEMES

->Appearance
->Fighting Style
->Weapon Style
->Extras
->Biography
->Special Moves

-> For more in depth info check OFFICIAL KAK THREAD

STYLES

Styles are included in this instalment of mortal kombat a character may contain 1 hand to hand fighting style or 2 hand to hand fighting styles

WEAPONS

Weapons are included in this instalment of mortal kombat a character may contain 1 weapon stance or 2 weapon stances

KONQUEST

Little is known about this mode except for hints that are given seems
to reflect some sort of similarity to the gameplay of mortal kombat
shaolin monks and has strong ties to the create a character mode

FATALITIES

It is stated that we will have control over every single step in a fatality how many moves possible have not yet known
Fatality Level Input

Level 1 -> Fatality
Level 2 -> Deadly Fatality
Level 3 -> Killer Fatality
Level 4 -> Bloody Fatality
Level 5 -> Mortal Fatality
Level 6 -> Brutal Fatality
Level 7 -> Evil Fatality
Level 8 -> Vicious Fatality
Level 9 -> Savage Fatality
Level 10 -> Extreme Fatality

DEATH TRAPS AND INTERACTIVE ENVIRONMENTS

Seems these 2 will be playing a big roll in this new up coming
installment

ARENAS

Classic and new arenas

->Goros Lair (MK 1-4)
->The Armory (MK 2)
->The Subway (MK 3)
->Living Forest (MK 2-4-6)
->Kahn's Arena (MK 2)
->Wastelands (MK 2)
->Bell Tower (MK 3)
->Hells Foundry (MKD)
->Tekunin Warship (NEW)
->Lumber Mill (NEW)
->Reptiles Lair (MK4)
->Sky Temple (MKD)
->Soul Chamber (UMK3 - MKG)
->Pyramid (NEW)
->Pit II (MK2)
->Scorpions Lair (UMK3)
->Wind World (MK 4)
>Meteor Storm (NEW)
>The Church (UMK3)

AIR KOMBAT

Little is known about this type of combat so far but it has been stated that such air kombat can result in a 15 hit combo

CHESS AND PUZZLE KOMBAT

Will not be returning

CHARACTERS

These characters will appear in this up coming installment of mortal kombat

Shang Tsung, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Shinnok Shujinko, Kai, Kung Lao, Quan Chi, Reiko Kabal, Kano, Cyrax, Sonya, Jarek, Stryker, Rain Ashrah, Sindel, Kitana, Johnny Cage, Liu Kang, Reptile, Baraka, Raiden Kenshi, Li Mei, Dairou, Sareena, Tanya, Darrius, Noob, Smoke Nightwolf, Ermac, Mavado, Kobra, Kira, Fujin, Frost, Havik, Jax Bo' Rai Cho, Hotaru, Drahmin, Mokap, Mileena, Jade, Sektor, Hsu Hao, Nitara The Dragon King, Kintaro, Shao Kahn, Goro, Sheeva, Moloch, Blaze, Motaro,Taven, Meat, Daegon

Click to Enlarge

VAULT

This will be replacing the krypt buts seems to serve the same purpose

COMBO BREAKERS

Will return

DIRECTIONAL THROWING

Seems we will be able to throw ur opponents in any Direction while
in Kombat and airborne

PARRYS

DEFINITION

Seems this feature will be included in this installment

COSTUMES

2 costumes will be available (primary - alternate)

SECRET CHARACTERS

Secret Characters (Chameleon has been confirmed)

BOSS

(BLAZE) has been confirmed

VS SCREEN

VS Screen will be making its return

KOINS

Seems will be getting 1 color type koin this time around

WAKE UPS

DEFINITION

Wake ups are being taken into consideration (Taken From Interveiw)

ALITYS

Hara Kiri - Freindships - Animalitys - Brutalitys -> Which one has not been decided if "ANY" will make it (Time Concern) (Taken From Interveiw)

MOTOR KOMBAT

Special moves such as scorpions spear and sub-zeros freeze can be executed in this new side feature (Funny Mario Kart Type Game) 10 Characters will be available to use so far ========================================================== ADDITIONAL CONTENT ========================================================== ========================================================== ARENA ART

Wastelands

Belltower

Battle Arena

Lumbermill

Meteor Storm Arena

tgrant
About Me
Project MKK: Coming soon...

Currently working on: MKD & MKA - The One Ring Theory
01/17/2006 02:28 PM (UTC)
Nice one!
shadowcat
01/17/2006 02:37 PM (UTC)
THX!
shadowcat
01/17/2006 08:22 PM (UTC)
i just updated it already i added more content to it i hope this is going to help clear up some space on the boards alot of the same thing is being posted over and overwow
Subzero2
About Me

PSN: Eazail70x7

01/17/2006 10:29 PM (UTC)
scorpions_harpoon
01/18/2006 02:46 AM (UTC)
shadowcat Wrote:

CHESS AND PUZZLE KOMBAT:
Will not be returning

Chess was my favorite mode in MKD V_V
That's a total let-down sad

slayerovgods
About Me

only the fallen have won,because the fallen can't run my vision is not obscure for war there is no cure.

01/18/2006 10:10 PM (UTC)
good job dude.this game will own.
Exavior17
01/18/2006 10:14 PM (UTC)
There are only 57 characters listed. If there are going to be more than 60+ and montaro many not be one of them. then i take it they are adding atleast 3 new characters for this game.
NIRVANA
01/19/2006 01:23 AM (UTC)
i cant freakin wate to this to come out , me and my freinds have been talkin about this for like a week now its out of freakin control becuz half the people who go to my school love mk its every were. in my own opinoin i think that midway shoulda put everything they got into this game ... they got the create ur charcter mode which alot of my freinds wanted b4 they heard about this,regular arcade fighting style, konquest, they should have puzzle kombat, chess , and i think that they should have mk trilogy in it cuz thats like the best 2d mk fighting game besides mk2 i love that one, but u no wut would top all that ...to have one more game with dan "toasty" forden! seriously it would be funny to be walkin in the living forest on konquest and out of now were TOASTY!!! right behind the tree that would rule.. but i just hope this aint the last mk game
Big-K
About Me

The face of evil lies beneath the mask...

01/19/2006 04:51 AM (UTC)
This game really exceeds my expectations, hell, I'm 27, this game will be so good, I'll probably get a heart attack, lol.
eugenicz
01/19/2006 07:32 AM (UTC)
I'm thinking that the new fatality feature could be somewhat of a minigame, like that in God of War when finishing off enemies.

When it says "FINISH HIM / HER", once you enter your designated fatality code, it goes into a minigame mode, in that your joypad keys will appear on screen, and you have to tap them quickly and in proper succession as they appear, and with each key you press you execute a series of moves that eventually become one long combo / fatality!

If this is what it will be, then that would be awesome!
xtc-alec
01/19/2006 08:23 AM (UTC)
friggen awesome grin
death_by_pwning
01/19/2006 02:14 PM (UTC)
everything that Shadowcat said in his post is true, except for one thing. He claims that there will be 8-player multiplayer. I dont know where he got that from. I'm pretty sure he just made it up all by himself. The game's going have up to 2 players online just like Deception did.(except I'm not sure if Puzzle and Chess kombat will be coming back. I hope Puzzle Kombat comes back. As for Chess Kombat, they can get rid of that, Chess Kombat sucked majorly.)
Adam Ronin
01/19/2006 10:25 PM (UTC)
death_by_pwning Wrote:
everything that Shadowcat said in his post is true, except for one thing. He claims that there will be 8-player multiplayer. I dont know where he got that from. I'm pretty sure he just made it up all by himself. The game's going have up to 2 players online just like Deception did.(except I'm not sure if Puzzle and Chess kombat will be coming back. I hope Puzzle Kombat comes back. As for Chess Kombat, they can get rid of that, Chess Kombat sucked majorly.)

Maybe you should read the article in GI. It states simply, there is a new mode that can support 8 players online.
Dark_MK
About Me

If you can see into my soul...Its already to late...Damnation arise...To become...Your fate. TRANSFORM!!! and FINISH HIM!!!

01/20/2006 12:50 AM (UTC)
Nice work Shadowcat, And easy to read info to:)
Ermac_88
01/21/2006 01:25 AM (UTC)
Ya go Shadowcat. Well written facts!
shadowcat
01/21/2006 08:10 PM (UTC)
I just wrote new next to the updated info and added some color so make it easy to read
SmokeNc-017
About Me
art by fear-sAs
01/21/2006 09:05 PM (UTC)
The green is a little hard to read.
shadowcat
01/21/2006 09:18 PM (UTC)
ya i was just playing with the colors i have used a few but still agree white to be the majority of color so red will be tittles blue will indicate new added info yellow will remain the theme for the tittle of the game so it stands out and thats that.... hope it helps to make it easy to read
Hey Shadowcat, Goro's lair is 2 areas, at least.
Kreate A Player Page 3 of 6 is Upper Body.
The Kreate A Player main menu options are:
- Appearance
-Fighting Style
-Weapon Style
-Extras
-Biography

Ka-Tra
molsen81
01/22/2006 01:29 AM (UTC)
I'm impressed so far!
Vasculio
01/22/2006 03:24 AM (UTC)
I hope they give us a small sample of the Armageddon Story
scorpions_harpoon
01/22/2006 05:02 AM (UTC)
death_by_pwning Wrote:
(except I'm not sure if Puzzle and Chess kombat will be coming back. I hope Puzzle Kombat comes back. As for Chess Kombat, they can get rid of that, Chess Kombat sucked majorly.)

In my opinion, Chess Kombat pwns Puzzle Kombat. I played Chess Kombat more than I did Arcade mode. There's only so many times you can beat your way to the top and defeat the Dragon King. Chess offered so much stragity.
Puzzle was just a bore. It was boring because it was too easy to beat, even at the hardest difficulity level.
Chess Kombat took the stragity of regular Chess and expanded it with the addition of Sorcerers that could cast spells and Death Trap Squares. Being able to teleport and exchange pieces. Reviving the dead and remotly killing others. etc.

Chess Kombat was one of the best things about MKD

Puzzle Kombat was just boring and has no business returning. Chess Kombat however *should* return as it was so awesome.
DeathScepter
About Me

Save a life; Kill a necromorph

01/23/2006 05:55 PM (UTC)
Chess Kombat=Great

Puzzle Kombat=Good but it is tetris with gore.
queve
01/24/2006 07:32 PM (UTC)
Good thread, you should change the red letters though, kind of hard to read. Yellow would be great.
Pages: 13
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.