Official Character Story End Thread (All Discussions Completed)
Before posting, please keep in mind that any off-topic discussion will be edited or deleted, which means that if you missed your chance to discuss a character, then you cannot bring up their discussion when we've already moved on to someone else; no exceptions. Also, with the recent release of endings for certain characters, keep in mind that we're discussing the possible endings and continuations for characters, not their actual endings, so don't spoil them for the rest of us.
Jerrod

I talked with Jerrod and he thought it would be a cool idea, I don't know if he's going to pin this (I guess if it becomes popular enough, but for the sake of not repeating myself... well here we go...
1. We put a character from the MK cast (going in order of the games) So the first characters we do will be the characters that debuted in MK1, then MK2, then MK3 and so on... you guys can give suggestions as to how goes next.
2. I will post a summary of that character's storyline, then after post my thoughts on the story, and then state how you would like it to end... or offer up different possibilites such as "he should live and this is what should happen..." or "I think this character should die and here's how"
3. One rule: Do NOT come here to post... "This character SUCKS! I HOPE HE/SHE DIES FOREVER!" Give mature, professional, and well thought out debates. It's ok if you don't like that character, but be professional.
4. If enough people want to help, then the limit will be two per character.
5. The time limit for discussion will depend on how deep the story is or how long that character's been around: like Sub-Zero could last a week while Motaro would only last 3 or so days.
Well, I'm going to start off with Scorpion first and then the next person will be Noob Saibot or the older Sub-Zero. (I'm going to ask Sub-Zero7th to do it, hopefully he'll be back from his computer problems soon, if he doesn't then I'll leave it open...) I just want to hear your humble opinions and proposals first.
smileClick the names to be taken directly to their biographies and discussions; the last discussion is the current one.
Scroll down to see Scorpion.
Sub-Zero/Noob Saibot
Raiden
Liu Kang
Sonya
Johnny Cage
Reptile
Kano
Goro
Shang Tsung
General MK1 Cast Discussion
Current Sub-Zero
Kung Lao
Kitana
Mileena
Jax
Baraka
Kintaro
Jade
Smoke
Shao Kahn
General MK2 NEW Cast Discussion
Cyrax
Sektor
Sheeva
Kabal
Stryker
Nightwolf
Sindel
Rain
Ermac
Khameleon
Chameleon
Motaro
General MK3 NEW Cast Discussion
Quan Chi
Shinnok
Sareena
Fujin
Kai
Tanya

Reiko
Jarek
Meat
General New MK4 Cast Discussion

Kenshi
Mavado
Li Mei
Bo' Rai Cho
Frost
Nitara
Moloch
Drahmin
Hsu Hao
Blaze
Mokap
General New MK:DA Cast Discussion

Shujinko
Ashrah
Dairou
Kira
Kobra
Havik
Hotaru
Darrius
Onaga
General New MK:D Cast Discussion
One other thing I forgot. You can tell me which characters you'd like to do through this topic or PM. It doesn't matter to me. As for a limit as to how many people can write character story summaries... Well.... not sure if there should be a limit yet... I edit this post when I decide...
Well... I'm going to post Scorpion's anyway, it hopes that seeing one for yourselves will generate interest in participating anyway...

Scorpion's storyline

Scorpion’s real name is Hanzo Hasashi, he was a family man, who wanted his wife and child to have the most comfortable life possible. His best option seemed to be joining the Japanese ninja clan known as the Shirai Ryu. His father, a former member of the Shirai Ryu forbad Hanzo from joining as he didn’t want his son to spend his life as an assassin, but Hanzo was forced to join in order to provide his family with a comfortable life. He was given the code name “Scorpion” and became a master of shuriken.

One day, Scorpion was hired by the sorcerer Quan Chi to steal the Map of Elements from the Shaolin Temples in China, it was inside the temple that Scorpion met the Lin Kuei Warrior, Sub-Zero, rivals of the Shirai Ryu. Scorpion proclaimed that Sub-Zero would fail and ran off laughing. Ultimately they both reached the chamber where the Map of Elements resided and the two challenged each other for possession of the map. Ultimately by either arrogance or not being as skilled, Scorpion was defeated, as he lay on his knees, Scorpion pleaded for mercy. However, he was refused. Sub-Zero ripped his head from his body with the spine dangling beneath.

Scorpion’s soul descended into the Netherrealm where he was transformed into a ninja specter, most likely by either Shinnok or Quan Chi. Scorpion was told by Quan Chi that Sub-Zero and the Lin Kuei clan, after they had killed Scorpion, went and massacred his entire family and clan. Enraged, Scorpion sought revenge on the one responsible for it all: Sub-Zero.

In the Prison of Souls, Scorpion met with Sub-Zero, who had been sent to the Netherrealm by the Thunder God Raiden to recover an ancient amulet. Scorpion angrily yelled at the Lin Kuei Warrior, claiming that he killed him in cold blood and then killed his family and clan. Sub-Zero proclaimed innocence, but Scorpion refused to listen. Scorpion attacked Sub-Zero, but was defeated again. Now Scorpion had lost everything: his life, his family, and his honor. All Scorpion knew now was anger and the desire for revenge.

Two years later, Scorpion was offered the chance for revenge by Shinnok and Quan Chi, who for their own reasons wanted Sub-Zero dead as well. Scorpion was sent back to Earthrealm and would participate in the Mortal Kombat Tournament where Sub-Zero was said to competing as well. On the boat to the tournament, Scorpion grabbed Sub-Zero by the throat. Sub-Zero was shocked that Scorpion had returned. Scorpion proclaimed that he could very well kill Sub-Zero at this moment, but he was not a murderer and that they would fight at the tournament. Scorpion released Sub-Zero, who claimed that Scorpion was a fool for sparing his life.

At the tournament after Goro’s loss to Liu Kang, Shang Tsung sent his army to kill the other warriors while he himself challenged Liu Kang to Mortal Kombat. Scorpion along with Sub-Zero and Raiden fought off Shang Tsung’s army. When the battle was finished, Scorpion and Sub-Zero turned on each other and the two fought for what they knew would be the last time. Although the fight was long and hard, Scorpion came out the victor and in retribution killed Sub-Zero. With his mission completed, Scorpion turned to ash.

Not long after word reached Scorpion’s ears that Sub-Zero had somehow returned from the dead. Scorpion once again rose from the pits of Hell, where he stalked the Lin Kuei Warrior once again into Outworld to compete in a new tournament.

(Now here's where things get complicated. So... A. is Vow storyline. B is no vow storyline)

A. Scorpion witnessed one of Sub-Zero’s battles where he was shocked to see the Lin Kuei Assassin grant mercy to his defeated opponent. Confused, Scorpion would later learn that this was not the same man who murdered him in cold blood, but his younger brother.

Scorpion fought with Sub-Zero in the tournament, where he defeated him, but this Sub-Zero he spared. Feeling guilt and the need to atone himself, Scorpion vowed to protect this new Sub-Zero to atone for killing his older brother.

B. For one reason or another, Scorpion failed to kill Sub-Zero and went back to the Netherrealm, awaiting his next chance.

A short time later when Shao Kahn made a failed attempt to steal souls from the Netherrealm, Scorpion was accidentally set free, free to roam the Earth once more, Scorpion declared allegiance with no one. He became a wild card in Earth’s struggle against Outworld.

A. Wandering Earth, Scorpion was met by Shao Kahn himself, who knew that Scorpion could make a powerful ally against Earth’s warriors. As long as Earth and Outworld were merged, Scorpion could not return to the Netherrealm. Scorpion was enlisted into Shao Kahn’s army.

However, Scorpion’s allegiance to Shao Kahn quickly dissolved when he discovered Sub-Zero to be one of Earth’s warriors. Scorpion immediately switched sides and fought for Earthrealm. After Shao Kahn’s defeat, Scorpion was summoned back to Hell, only to know that he would one day rise again.

B. Scorpion once again went after Sub-Zero, determined to make him pay, however he once again failed, by either being defeated or somehow never getting his chance. Either way he was sent back to the Netherrealm.

As Shinnok and Quan Chi planned their invasion of Edenia and their war against the Elder Gods, they desired to make Scorpion into an ally. Quan Chi made Scorpion an offer he couldn’t refuse: the chance to be alive again.

A. But Quan Chi knew that if Scorpion finds out that Sub-Zero is one of Earth’s warriors, he will try to protect him. Quan Chi told Scorpion that the younger Sub-Zero took part in the slayings of Scorpion’s family and clan. Enraged, Scorpion broke his vow and joined Shinnok, but hid under ulterior motives.

B. Scorpion accepted, but secretly desired to use this as a way to find Sub-Zero and once and for all, slay him.

Eventually Scorpion found Sub-Zero and the two fought one last time; ultimately Scorpion came out the victor and proclaimed that at long last his soul could rest, but Sub-Zero proclaimed innocence to the murder of Scorpion’s family and clan. Scorpion somehow knew he was telling the truth. It was then that Quan Chi revealed himself to be that murderer. Quan Chi had just been using Scorpion as a pawn to kill the Sub-Zero brothers. With that, Quan Chi attempted to send Scorpion to the 5th Plane of the Netherrealm. Thinking quickly, Scorpion grappled with Quan Chi and together the two were standing in the Netherrealm.

For the next few years, Scorpion would brutalize Quan Chi at any chance he could get. Scorpion’s powers increased the longer he remained in the Netherrealm while Quan Chi’s would weaken as they were in the lower planes of the Netherrealm. One day, Scorpion was attacked by the two Oni Moloch and Drahmin, who Quan Chi recruited to protect him from Scorpion’s wrath. Scorpion was defeated, but yet he continued to pursue the evil sorcerer.

Scorpion found Quan Chi reading a stone tablet. Scorpion’s spear shattered the tablet and Quan Chi ordered Moloch and Drahmin to protect him while he was to open a portal to escape the Netherrealm. Scorpion managed to fend off Moloch and Drahmin and chased after Quan Chi, who escaped to Outworld. Scorpion follwed him through the portal only to land in a different location. Scorpion could feel the sorcerer’s presence and would hunt him wherever he would go.

Scorpion found Quan Chi outside the sorcerer Shang Tsung’s house and attacked him again. However, Quan Chi’s powers began to resurface and Scorpion was surprised and overpowered. Ultimately it was a Rising Star attack from Quan Chi that caused Scorpion to fall into the acid bath.

Somehow Scorpion returned again and once again pursued Quan Chi. The hunt for the sorcerer led Scorpion to the palace of Shang Tsung. As he made his way through the lower chambers, he once again came across Moloch and Drahmin. Shang Tsung had secretly allied with the two Oni should Quan Chi attempt to double cross him. Scorpion fought well, but was overpowered by Moloch and Drahmin. The two Oni could not consume the ninja specter, but devised another way to eliminate Scorpion that would satisfy their cruel nature.

The Oni brought Scorpion before the Soulnado, which Shang Tsung had used a unlimitied source of souls, they hurled Scorpion into the soulnado. He surely would’ve been ripped apart had he not managed to escape into the void. Scorpion found himself in the Heavens, where he first lay eyes on the fabled Elder Gods, he would forever be changed by this encounter.

Scorpion and the Elder Gods witnessed the Dragon King’s return and the death of Raiden, taking notice of Scorpion, the Elder Gods transformed Scorpion into their Champion, making him more powerful than ever. For the first time, Scorpion descended from the Heavens with a new purpose: stop the Dragon King.

My thoughts: Ah... Scorpion, Scorpion. You've been my favorite since MK1, but man the MK Team has fucked up your story as of late. With the Vow storyline, his story is one of the best, but the non-vow storyline well it's probably among the worst MK character arcs. My only hope is for the MK Team to finally give you the story that you deserve in this game. I think that Scorpion should one way or another, kick Quan Chi's ass, but I would like to see him get involved with the Noob Saibot plot, it's Vogel and the story team's perfect opportunity to redeem themselves for fucking up Scorpion's story in MK:DA.

So yeah, I think we could be seeing a Scorpion and Sub-Zero team up soon and they'll both stop Noob Saibot. But since apparently they are going by non-vow storyline, it looks like this will be the first time Scorpion learns that there are two Sub-Zeros and Scorpion is going to feel like a fucking idiot. *sighs*

As for how I would like to see his story end: I personally want his soul to be allowed to ascend to the Heavens to be with his family, but I have a feeling that if the MK Team does this, they'll leave it open in a way that he can come back. Though he could also become something like the Guardian of the Netherrealm, making sure that no evil creature gets out again too, but I would prefer the former ending.

If Scorpion is somehow destroyed, I think it should involve him sacrificing himself to destroy Noob Saibot and/or Quan Chi, or saving Sub-Zero. After that, he is told that his sacrifice has redeemed his soul and he is worthy of Heaven.

Well anyway, what are your thoughts on Scorpion's storyline and where would you like to see it go? How do you want the ninja specter's story to end?
tgrant
About Me
Project MKK: Coming soon...

Currently working on: MKD & MKA - The One Ring Theory
02/23/2006 08:42 PM (UTC)
To put it shortly, the story is boring, played out and very weak. He had his day in the beginning of the series but they keep on brinign him in and add more stall factors to his tory so that he never gets his revenge.

Somehow he's supposed to be mor epowerful but always ends up being beaten up by whomever.

MKD was the last straw and there we see him not get hos revenge again and become the Elder Gods champion. they were grasping at straws here.

He just needs to have his revnege and be done with that story.

As good a thread as this is, we've seen alot of ideas of how people want things to end for different characters in a good number of other threads.
tharealbig1
02/23/2006 10:25 PM (UTC)
Scorpion has always been one of my favorite characters since MK1. As a matter of fact his fatality was one of the first ones i pulled off and that was a big deal to me since i was only 4 years old. I really don't have any complaints about his storyline. In the end I hope we get a surprise that Scorpion becomes the hero. He helps stop Noob Saibot from taking over the Netherealm and he be the one to kill Onaga. If anybody deserves to be the hero it should be Scorpion. furious
tgrant Wrote:

As good a thread as this is, we've seen alot of ideas of how people want things to end for different characters in a good number of other threads.

Yeah... that's why I made an "official" one. Ya know where everyone can post their ideas? Of course this thread may fail but heh...
Jerrod
About Me
MKO Moderator, Story Writer, Actor
Signature by Pred
02/24/2006 04:47 AM (UTC)
Scorpion needs to finally get his revenge once and for all. He needs to get over his whole "you killed me, now you die!" phase with Noob Saibot, and move on to Quan Chi and finish him off. He wanted to get revenge on Sub-Zero for killing him in MK1, and he did, fair-and-square. He needs to learn the truth that he actually did somehting right and start hunting down Quan Chi. As the Champion of he Elder Gods, he should have a lot of power, especially if he was designed to destory Onaga, who couldn't even be killed by Shang Tsung, Quan Chi, and Raiden. They should just end Scorpion's story with him finally torturing and burtally murdering Quan Chi, and allowing him to rest "in peace" (as much peace as one could have while being condemned in Hell at least).
Since we already have stickied threads concerning returning character bios, gameplay, news and developments, and fatalities, I don't see why a final ending thread shouldn't be stuck on top as well.
Drifting_Ravage
02/24/2006 05:26 AM (UTC)
I see Scorpion having a great possibility of continuing past MK Armageddon and on to next gen. Becoming the Elder God’s champ may not have went over well with some of the fans, but I see it as one of the best storylines in MKD. After all of the unfortunate mishaps that Scorpion has been put through, something finally goes right for a change. I don’t see it as a stalled attempt to delay the storyline, it had to be this way. Just when you think he is at his lowest point getting destroyed in the soulnado, fate comes and gives him this golden opportunity to be in control of even more server power than he had previously known. This event opens gateways to much more opponents. I believe he’ll still keep his previous vendettas, because I view the Elder God’s champ position like a job, he can still keep his previous goals, but this position has to be the top priority.

Possible foes in MKA
Quan Chi
Noob Saibot
Drahmin
Moloch
Shujinko
Onaga
Havik
Baraka (For supporting Onaga)
Hotaru
Shinnok
MKM19
About Me

Once a legend, always a legend!

02/24/2006 05:22 PM (UTC)
finish the story with sub,scorp,noob.......make it count though, no more of these stories where the foe dies, and in the foes ending the other guy dies.

I really think overall it will be one universal ending where everybodies story somehow relates to the end of this generation of mk.

i would personally like a BiG end with major story impact for Ermac, kind of my fav, but mostly enjoyed how they made him out to be in the last 2 games he was in.
OneBeing
02/24/2006 10:35 PM (UTC)
i think that scorpion should live through the games because since he is dead already u cant really get rid of him he will always come back.
but i agree that he should get to go to heaven with his family. then still fight in the games now as a hero, not neurtal but good.
SubMan799
02/24/2006 11:27 PM (UTC)
When did this thread get stickied? Oh well. Great thread. I'll try to be active in it after my storyline thread. Once again, awsome thread!
Well guys since Sub-Zero7th is having some computer problems, I'd like to leave the subject, in a week or so. We will start discussing the Older Sub-Zero/Noob Saibot's storyline and where we would like to see it go. Anyone want to write out that story?
Jerrod
About Me
Signature by Pred
02/25/2006 01:02 AM (UTC)
I'll write the story when the time comes, but since we've just seen Scorpion galavanting with his closest buddy Quan Chi, despite being mortally enemies, I can imagine that there will be better discussions for him during this week.
We should wait one week before posting about Sub-Zero/Noob Saibot, sorry guys. But well... it has to be done, I am pissed that Scorpion has apparently been ruined once and for all.
ReignofRain
About Me

When Chuck Norris does a push up he doesn't push himself up but pushes the earth down.

02/25/2006 03:50 AM (UTC)
Well I like both the Sub(noob) stories and the Scorpion stories now I will fill the position and make the work load shorter by telling you all Reptile's hopefully the thread creator will not mind.
Jerrod
About Me
Signature by Pred
02/25/2006 03:52 AM (UTC)
ReignofRain, as nice a gesture as it was, we're discussin Scorpion first... Save what you've written for later, and it'll be used when the Reptile discussion begins.
Keith
02/26/2006 01:17 PM (UTC)
Scorpion kinda had personality back in the old days. You know? When he shouted 'Get over here' and in his endings and bios he struck me as someone who had been deeply hurt and wanted revenge no matter what the consequences. However, lately hes a puppet. The team sticks there hand up is butt and makes him dance. his story seems forced and desperate. And Scorpion deserves much more than that. Scorpion shouldn't be portrayed as a hero, nor as an anti-hero. He should just be his bad-ass old self.
ErmacMaster92
02/26/2006 04:20 PM (UTC)
amen to that keith
deathgrave
About Me

http://www.myspace.com/bradinpreston

02/26/2006 09:01 PM (UTC)
I really cant see how they can continue Scorpions story without him gunning for revenge though unless:

Scorpions does something noble say kills Quan Chi for good

and then perhaps instead of ascending into heaven, the gods grant him AND his family life, and he becomes Hanzo again.

Perhaps teaming up with Sub-Zero against the Tekunin (who have taken over Japan and IIRC Shirai Ryu are from Japan rite...?) who have aligned with Noob Saibots robot army!

If he PREDICTABLY continues the revenge for family death charade, at least let him kill one of Noob or Quan, or possibly reveal another person in the scheme against his/his familys death.

Just a few ideas fluttering round my head.

I really dont want to see him gone forever, he makes MK for me
PsychoFight
02/27/2006 09:33 AM (UTC)
I agree with what seems to be the general consensus - Scorpion should get what he deserves and put an end to his torturous life. He needs a happy ending.
Arab-man666
About Me

I'm taller than a hall of midgets.

02/27/2006 06:47 PM (UTC)
Well in my opinion Scorpion should get a higher ranking than elder god's champion. I honestly think that Scorpion should basically be made into a god who gets destroyed somehow in the story. I know it sounds farfetched but we must rember this is a game were bacialcally no one dies, and i feel a death of an elder god would be excellent, and it doesnet have to be a death, possibly he could be relinquished. I feel that Scorpion should then take the X-Gods status as rhe God of Fire, once again sounding corney but hey, Raiden is the God of Thunder...... This is a suggestion that can be tweaked and anyone with better ideas or tweaks to this suggestion is encouraged by me to speak up, i mean i just thought of this rather quickly.
Arab-man666
About Me

02/27/2006 06:50 PM (UTC)
I forgot something, Scorpion will never leave the cast of mortal Kombat, I could easily see Radien leave before Scorpion, Scorpions too much of a fan favorite and on top of that, hes an evil badass, he's a trademarked character, it would be taking a huge amount of spark from the MK series if he were to leave.. I think he should be glorified.
Arab-man666
About Me

02/27/2006 06:58 PM (UTC)
this goes out to the user Keith:

I don't think at all the Scorpion has become a puppet, in fact i believe he's as indepth as ever, how do you see him as a puppet, he's still the bad ass, Even says "come here" now, and has all his old moves, even the spear wich has him say "Get over here!!!" I think that if anything his style grew and evolved, like when he wins in deception, he spears the camera and sends it flying towrds him, all of his fiting stlyes suit him.. There's really nothing puppet like about him at all, his style, his glare, everything even his story is dramatic and ties you to him, makes you feel for him.
Please use the edit button to add stuff to your posts rather than posting multiple times in a row. Thanks.

TonyTheTiger
Grimm
About Me

02/27/2006 09:04 PM (UTC)
All I really want as of right now is for Kenshi to be the one that kills Shang Tsung.
We're not discussing Kenshi now... keep the topic on Scorpion people at least until Thursday.
Pages: 39
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.