MK: Unchained, and how it relates to MK: Armageddon...
posted02/26/2006 06:00 AM (UTC)by
Gillbob316
So, here's my question...

Since MK: Unchained is suppsoed to be the handheld MKD ala MKDA and MKTE, here's my question...

If MKU is MKD, and fits in its timeframe, will Jax, Kitana, Frost, and Blaze have new stories written to fit the MKD timeframe, the same way Noob, Sektor and Sareena did in Tournament Edition? And will these stories effect their MKA stories? Or will their stories kindof leap straight into MKA?

Something to ponder. That's all.

PS. My apologies if this is in the wrong place. I wasn't quite sure where to post it, since there's no MKU forum, and my post did kindof relate to MKA and current events. *Shrug*
Blue-Phoenix
02/25/2006 08:08 AM (UTC)
I think you posted it in the right forum, but yes that is a question to ponder about. I think it won't mess their storylines up though, but perhaps it could be the other way around. What do I know? I am just a newbie.
KenshiMaster16
02/25/2006 11:39 AM (UTC)
I'm guessing it'll show Jax and Kitana and what happens once they are freed from Onaga's control, with Frost it'll show what happens after she thaws out from being frozen, and I think with Blaze, it'll show how he gets the way he is in Armageddon. I think it'll all tie in nicely.
tgrant
About Me
Project MKK: Coming soon...

Currently working on: MKD & MKA - The One Ring Theory
02/25/2006 12:43 PM (UTC)
I for one am interested to see how these bios work out.

Frost was laid to rest in MKD, but she suddenyl resurfces as soon as Sub-Zero's back is turened? I can't wait to see how that is explained.

At least we'll get to see what Blaze has been up to. It would seem his story is bigger than we thought and they needed a second game to put some of it in.

Using Kitana makes sense given her involvement in Sindel's ending. I see this bio being from her perspective in terms of her being under Onaga's control. The same could be said for Jax (though there is Ermac's ending), but I don't see why he's being used given that he wasn't heavily involved in Deception. They should add Lao, Cage and Sonya imo if these two have made the cut, especially if Jax has made it due to Ermac's ending
KenshiMaster16
02/25/2006 01:03 PM (UTC)
Kitana and Jax I'm guessing will be evil in this one. Blaze, I'm hoping, it'll explain if he becomes the vessel for the One Being, sort've like Onaga and Reptile.
NinjaFromHell
02/25/2006 01:48 PM (UTC)
tgrant Wrote:
Frost was laid to rest in MKD, but she suddenyl resurfces as soon as Sub-Zero's back is turened? I can't wait to see how that is explained.

Maybe Blaze defrosted her. tongue

The Kollector's Edition and Gamecube version of MKD were never released in Australia. So I hope that Midway do decide to release MK Unchained worldwide instead of just the USA.
queve
02/25/2006 03:36 PM (UTC)
I didn’t even know this system existed! Just checked some info about it and it seems like it’s a mix of Ps1 and Ps2 in terms of graphic and loading, but it sucks that its a portable thing.

Im honestly not interested in the portable game consoles (Gameboy, etc), for some reason I just don’t like them and probably never will. I havent bought one nor any game for those things.

But I am interested to know the storyline of all those characters, though Im sure Kahns and Goros will still be the same.

I have absolutely no idea how Jax fits there, but I hope they do a good job with him, and Im happy about Frost and Blaze, those 2 I cant wait to see (bios/endings). And Kitana fits perfectly, since practically all her family is there, I bet her role ties with Sindel, Mileena and Jade more then anything else.

I wonder why they always leave Kitana as a last option in most of the games. She is always taken out, replaced, and when lucky included in an update.
tgrant
About Me
Project MKK: Coming soon...

Currently working on: MKD & MKA - The One Ring Theory
02/25/2006 03:39 PM (UTC)
NinjaFromHell Wrote:
tgrant Wrote:

Maybe Blaze defrosted her. tongue

Lol! She can become his apprentice and be known as Frost-Blaze! tongue

queve Wrote:

I wonder why they always leave Kitana as a last option in most of the games. She is always taken out, replaced, and when lucky included in an update.

You know, you're kinda right about that. Tanya replaced in MK4. When she made it to MKDA she sucked. She should've been in MKD but now shift her to a portable side game. No love for Kitana I guess.
XiahouDun84
02/25/2006 04:12 PM (UTC)
tgrant Wrote:
queve Wrote:

You know, you're kinda right about that. Tanya replaced in MK4. When she made it to MKDA she sucked. She should've been in MKD but now shift her to a portable side game. No love for Kitana I guess.

I know, what the hell? She was going to be in MK4, but they left her out to make room for more "new faces," only to throw her in MK:Gold. Then she was apparently going to be a secret character in Deception, but left out 'cause they "ran out of time."
I didn't have a Dreamcast, and I don't have a PSP.....so once again, I'm getting screwed. Grumble.

That said....
I'll be interested in seeing how this affects the storyline. I'm guessing we'll be seeing Kitana and Jax while under the spell. Kitana makes sense, since she ties to Sindel and Jade's stories. Nothing else, I'm looking forward to seeing how this affects her storyline going into Armageddon.
Jax....I don't know. Don't really care either, frankly.

Also interested in seeing what they're doing with Frost. How she's back and what impact it'll have on Sub-Zero and Noob Saibot.

Since Blaze, judging from the promo render, is going to have a large role, should be interesting what he'll be doing.

Shao Kahn and Goro will probably be just as they were in Gamecube's Deception.
Gillbob316
02/25/2006 10:31 PM (UTC)
Oh, I have no doubt that Goro and Shao Kahn will probably be the same as they were in MKD, it was the other four that got my brain cooking.

I agree with others, that Blaze was probably chosen to lead into his "Power Up" As for the other 3, I have no idea.
MoonMist
02/26/2006 05:16 AM (UTC)
tgrant Wrote:

Hell, I still wonder how Goro got put in molten hot lava, then come back while Lui Kang gets his neck snapped and look like a zombie.

Anyway, Kitana should of been in MK: D in the first place. First of all, she is the only person in other people's ending who didn't make it to MK: D. Then, how the hell could they put, Jade and Mileena in MK without Kitana? And I really wanna know what Kitana's gonna do now that Mileena got control over her army. I hope one of Kitana's costume is Mileena's costume in blue, she had that costume in Sindel and Ermac's ending, it wouldn't make sense for Midway to not put that costume in MK: U
Vasculio
02/26/2006 05:23 AM (UTC)
Simple Kitana's DA ending isn't cannon
NinjaFromHell
02/26/2006 06:00 AM (UTC)
Vasculio Wrote:
Simple Kitana's DA ending isn't cannon

Actually, that ending is still canon because it was revealed in the Gamecube version of MKD that Goro had left his seal with the body of a fallen Shokan warrior that wasn't in good enough shape to be indentified. Noob Saibot still attacks Goro but his death was retconned to say that he was terribly wounded.

@MoonMist - The zombie form is just his corpse reanimated, Liu Kang himself exists as a spirit (Ghost from MKD's Konquest).
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.