Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Best Mobile Challenger?
Baraka (24.6%)
Jade (39.7%)
Lin Kuei Cybers (27.3%)
Freddy Krueger (8.2%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • February 7th, 2018
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Injustice 2 Gameplay Trailer [Read On]
  • February 5th, 2018
    Injustice 2 Ninja Turtles Reveal This Week [Read On]
  • January 5th, 2018
    Enchantress Takes Control in Injustice 2 Trailer [Read On]
  • January 4th, 2018
    Great Big Story Spotlight Voice of Shao Kahn: Steve Ritchie [Read On]
  • December 22nd, 2017
    When The Disaster Artist Met Mortal Kombat [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

3D Kombat Klassics

Discussing the 3D MK Klassics: Everything from MK4 to Armageddon.
Page of 3

DArqueBishopPosted: 03/02/2006 07:00 PMStatus ::
Midway Pulse 2006: MK Online Interviews Ed Boon!

During the Midway Pulse 2006 event, I had the opportunity to sit down and chat with Mortal Kombat: Armageddon project lead and series co-creator Ed Boon. During this conversation, we discussed the possible fates of characters, touched on create-a-fatality, and other topics of conversation. We now present this video to you in Quicktime format.

A bit of warning: the video was taken in a very loud area, so Ed's answers may be a bit difficult to hear. We've gone ahead and made a transcription available, which you can view here. The transcription may not be 100% accurate, as I also had difficulty making out what he was saying in the video. If anyone wishes to send in corrections, they would be most welcome.

This concludes our coverage of the Midway Pulse 2006 event. Thank you for joining us for this event, and stay tuned with us as we look forward to E3 and beyond, for the latest coverage of all things Mortal Kombat.

razorxzPosted: 03/02/2006 07:04 PMStatus ::

Visits::696
Nationality::United States
RE: Midway Pulse 2006: MK Online Interviews Ed Boon!

Good, now lets see what he has to say, its kind of sad that this is the end though. When next can we expect another coverage like this?

!
MK_krazyPosted: 03/02/2006 07:04 PMStatus ::

Visits::3290
Nationality::England

alright i have watched it and the good thing is that we are getting unique fatality moves (like sub zero doing ice etc), also not every character is going to die and the bigger characters are going to move a bit slower and jump a bit lower than others to make it even. but some bad points are that we are not getting a wake up game or any sort of teching (he seemed to dodge the question) and the only new character we are getting is hero side notes: the next installment after MK:A is MK: shaolin monkys (cheesy, i know) where two monkeys escape from a zoo(?) and have the same powers of liu kang and kung lao (o_0)

skorpionrulzPosted: 03/02/2006 07:06 PMStatus ::

Visits::1357

i didnt watch it yet, but ive always wanted to be the first one to respond to one of these.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
skorpionrulzPosted: 03/02/2006 07:08 PMStatus ::

Visits::1357

DAMMIT! 2 people responded while i was typing! i never get to be first. someone else is probobly responding while i type now...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
SubMan799Posted: 03/02/2006 07:10 PMStatus ::

Visits::15204
Nationality::Vatican City

I can;t watch it for some reason. It won't download.

PretentiousPosted: 03/02/2006 07:12 PMStatus ::

Visits::1860

Reading the transcription... wonderful move of him to force people to use a fatality system that's seemed to have gotten an overwhelmingly negative reaction. What a genius. Why ruin the main selling point of your game?

SubMan799Posted: 03/02/2006 07:17 PMStatus ::

Visits::15204
Nationality::Vatican City

Read the transscript and I'm disapointed. No FMV fatalities? At least the fatality system will have signature moves for each character.

Drifting_RavagePosted: 03/02/2006 07:19 PMStatus ::

Visits::1312

Notice he said he's modding Onaga's fighting style to fit in with the rest, it might be Blaze that is the big bad.

PsychoFightPosted: 03/02/2006 07:28 PMStatus ::

Visits::3225

I think they're still not sure of who they wanna kill off. It also seems like they're re-thinking this whole thing.

nobrainerPosted: 03/02/2006 07:37 PMStatus ::

Visits::3294
Nationality::Antarctica

Well done Scot! I must say your voice is booming and mighty compared to Boon's! He has a very quiet voice, so thanks for the Transcript.

Regardless of IGN revealing Motaro's appearance, it's a first for me that he has been included. I also liked how you pressured Boon gently on the wake up game issue. Boon was rather vague though, lets pray he implements a wake up game in the end as it's extremely vital to a working gameplay system. Again, well done Scot!

MK_krazyPosted: 03/02/2006 07:46 PMStatus ::

Visits::3290
Nationality::England

one thing though, you was going to get to create a character but then you skipped it and i thought you was going to do it later in the interview but it just got blow out.

quevePosted: 03/02/2006 07:51 PMStatus ::

Visits::4110
Nationality::Bolivia

This was EXCELLENT. Im not sure if you asked people for questions or whatever, but these were much much much better questions then the silly stuff people submitted and gets chosen to ask the mk team in the fight night events.

Excellent job with that, I think you digged the most important details about this game. Sad to know we wont get any classic fatalities like in the past games.

The ONLY thing that I wish you would had asked is “what about special moves”. I really want to know if the classic infamous specials are being brought back. I would just puke over the team if the nut punch and leg grab don’t make it.

Once again, excellent job with the questions.

PsychoFight Wrote:
I think they're still not sure of who they wanna kill off. It also seems like they're re-thinking this whole thing.

You know, to me it sounds like we WILL get the:

“***WAT IF*** ENDINGS” again.

I too don’t think they want to kill most for good or that they will never bring back the ones that are “left to rest”. And shit, Scorpion WILL be back……agh.

ProudNintendofanPosted: 03/02/2006 07:51 PMStatus ::

Visits::6877

Hmm, I would've liked to get some confirmation that Scorpion won't have an evil alignment or will be fighting alongside Quan Chi... sorry but I was hoping that you could get that cleared up, but overall pretty good interview.

seanayPosted: 03/02/2006 07:52 PMStatus ::

Visits::9275
Nationality::United Kingdom

Well to be honest he hasn't revealed anything new has he! just aloada crap about shaolin monkeys very funny not!
I guess we know that creat a fatality has signiture moves init!! thank god! i was a bit put off after seeing the preview of it!

VasculioPosted: 03/02/2006 07:55 PMStatus ::

Visits::4570

I'm greatful for the MKOnline team to interview Ed Boon. What tick me off was the freakin noise in the background. I couldn't hear anything that boon had to say.

Does anyone have video experience? Maybe edit the video to block off the background noise?

Photobucket
seanayPosted: 03/02/2006 07:59 PMStatus ::

Visits::9275
Nationality::United Kingdom

Vasculio Wrote:
I'm greatful for the MKOnline team to interview Ed Boon. What tick me off was the freakin noise in the background. I couldn't hear anything that boon had to say.

Does anyone have video experience? Maybe edit the video to block off the background noise?

Just read the trans script!!

nobrainerPosted: 03/02/2006 08:00 PMStatus ::

Visits::3294
Nationality::Antarctica

queve Wrote:

The ONLY thing that I wish you would had asked is “what about special moves”.

I was asking the same thing during the MKA presentation. I was just waiting to see Shinnok and the other new characters perform their as yet unseen MKA special moves. I also really want the leg grab and nut punch back, I hope they don't forget about the classics as they are dealing with all this newness.

SatyagrahaPosted: 03/02/2006 08:00 PMStatus ::

Visits::7267

Wow, that was actually a pretty decent interview - only read the transcript. GG on mentioning wake up. I don't know why people are getting slanted on this create a fat idea; I mean, it's "new" and "different." I thought that's what MK was all about...:shrugs:. It's going to be kinda cool, if they do it right. We'll be seeing fat combo vids, combo shit like oldschool sub and reptile; it'll be great!

After that interiview, it's gotten me a bit excited in the pants but, I'm holding my reserves. Though, MKD brought back the OG aura, perhaps MKA can bring back some sense of OG MK's mechanics. At least in the "fun" and creative sense - because it will still be broken, there is no other way for MK to be.

Anywho, again, thanks for the interview and a double prop to the transcript, that's awsome. :thumbs-up:

"You see, I face a whole new Monster!! I face a man, who represents, the Nintendo Entertainment System..."
subzero6969Posted: 03/02/2006 08:10 PMStatus ::

Visits::2647

Great Questions. It seemed kind of awkward in the beginning though, then I think that Ed loosened up.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
VasculioPosted: 03/02/2006 08:17 PMStatus ::

Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monkeys was a joke! But was it intended to be a cruel one toward the question. Or just having fun in general meaning no answer but maybe.

Photobucket
blacksaibotPosted: 03/02/2006 08:35 PMStatus ::

Visits::9078
Nationality::Bahamas

wow, that fat guy has a major speaking problem. Lord of mercy, I'd hate to see him try and go on a date with a hot chick. He'd probably studder like a damn crack addict.
Next time hand Boon a damn sheet of paper with the questions on it. Sheesh.

Dragon Points:
VasculioPosted: 03/02/2006 08:38 PMStatus ::

Ouch! Maybe this is his first interview?

Maybe his shudder has to do with him being nervious.

But thats what transcripts are for lol

Photobucket
ShinnokxzPosted: 03/02/2006 08:51 PMStatus ::

Visits::3441
Nationality::Zimbabwe

BlackSaibot, quit being a douche rag. Guy takes time out of his life to deliver you news and you insult him. I'm afraid we couldn't hire any CNN anchors for your pleasure but we do have some volunteers that devote a lot of time into the site that you will unfortunately have to stomach. Hopefully your useless unappreciative ass gets some skulls.

FROST4584Posted: 03/02/2006 09:01 PMStatus ::

Visits::2947

Good interview like past MKO,MKteam interviews around this time of the year. I was thinking that why don't the MK team bring back the Max damage cap that was in MK4. I mean it was a great idea. It also help keep characters in check. It was cool to see both characters fall back one the Max damage limit was hit. I hope they bring back that feature one day.

Page of 3

© 1998-2018 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.