Official MMA Thread! (M-1, K-1, UFC, Super Brawl, etc.)
posted09/13/2016 04:51 AM (UTC)by
Juergen
This is for all the fans of MMA.

Here's a list of the current UFC champions:

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=fighter.TitleHolders&cid;=3

And here is a video from the heavyweight Andrei Arlovski. Seems like he is the man to beat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UmMBfwBntU&search;=Andrei%20Arlovski
:::::
03/14/2006 05:57 AM (UTC)
Woo. Hopefully this thread lasts longer than the previous one now that we can bump threads that are a few months old. And now I don't have to post MMA stuff in the wrestling thread.

Anybody know how long it's going to take for Franklin's hand to heal? I've seen the x-ray pictures and it looked like a really nasty break. I'm pretty sure it was from when he checked one of Loiseau's kicks, but it might have been that elbow, I dunno. I was hoping Loiseau would win that fight too, but Franklin just did too much of a good job avoiding being put in a position to eat the elbows to start with. Well most of them anyway. Was a good fight, I think.

And does anybody know what Musashi is up to nowdays? Is he competing in the K-1 circuit or the MMA circuit? Or both?
Juergen
03/20/2006 03:20 AM (UTC)
Who's going to watch the Pay Per View on the 15th of April? On the heavyweight title match who do you think is going to win? Arlovski or Sylva?
Satyagraha
About Me

"You see, I face a whole new Monster!! I face a man, who represents, the Nintendo Entertainment System..."

03/20/2006 06:32 AM (UTC)
Yeah, these threads don't last long, lol. To bad, too; you'd think with all these MK fans who are into "hardcore-blood", martial arts and shit we'd have more MMA fans on MKO. :shrugs:

Not sure about Masu, sorry. Tim is getting taken out, lol. Though, isn't this Andrie's last UFC fight? I think it is, his contract is up. Unless UFC offers a BIG contract he's jumping over to Pride, where he belongs, IMO. Better HW comp; UFC's HW division blows - even though mir is back, meh.

April 15? Meh, I'm more interested in Horn/Tanner than Arlovski/Sylvia. Horn/Tanner should be good and both need wins; poor tanner, though, lol. I think Horn takes this, but I want to see Tanner get back on track.

I'm more interested in UFN - Leben is a home town boy, WOOT WOOT!! tongue Though Bushido 10 is going to take them all. Bushido's are always off the fucking hook. My new fav fighter Imanari is fighting Pulver. Imanari is sooo fucking fun to watch, though, he's lost both of his Pride bouts - granted, he has to fight out of his natural wieght for the Bushidos.

Speaking of vids - thanks for the links, btw.

Deep 22 Highlight

Great shit, has my boy Imanari in it - takes the tourney, actually. Some REALY good shit in this highlight. Anywho, WAR MMA!!

Edit: Oh, Franklins hand..I believe he'll be out for a few months, possibly four to six. A year ago I'd say the UFC would just line up contenders and see who gets a shot at him when he comes back, but with this PPV a month shit that they have going on now, I'm not sure....hope they don't strip him.
Juergen
03/22/2006 02:27 PM (UTC)
Those were some tight videos. Yeah, too bad these threads get burried!
Satyagraha
About Me

"You see, I face a whole new Monster!! I face a man, who represents, the Nintendo Entertainment System..."

03/22/2006 04:08 PM (UTC)
Haha, well, we can try to keep them alive. April is good month for MMA, so we'll be bringing the thread back now and then. smile
Satyagraha
About Me

04/01/2006 04:40 AM (UTC)
K, I'm bringing it back, lol. Bushido 10 is this sunday, anyone going to order it? Here are the match-ups:

Bushido 10 Card
Takanori Gomi vs. Marcus Aurelio
Dan Henderson vs. Kazuo Misaki
Yuki Kondo vs. Phil Baroni
Murilo Rua vs. Paulo Filho
Joachim Hansen vs. Luiz Azeredo
Jens Pulver vs. Masakazu Imanari
Denis Kang vs. Mark Weir
Mitsuhiro Ishida vs. Paul Rodriguez
Akihiro Gono vs. Dae Won Kim
Seichi Ikemoto vs. TBD
Ikuhisa Minowa vs. Paulo Cesar Silva

I guess Imanari had an asthma attack or something earlier this week and needed to be hospitolized 0_o. I heard he isn't not fighting now, which sucks because he and pulver would have put on a great show. I was really looking forward to seeing him fight, his sub style is unreal.

Anywho, I'm taking Gomi over Aurelio because, well...it's Gomi, lol. tongue I'm not familar with Aurelio, either, but he's ATT and has wins over some pretty nice names - including my boy, Imanari.

I'm Taking Henderson over Misaki, too. He's our american boy, so GO GO GO!! I'd also like to see Minowa get a W, but I'm not sure if he's capable of such deeds, lol. He's an entertaining dude, though. And I hope Baroni gets his ass KTFO. Again, he's an entertaining fighter, but his attitude is sooo sour.

Come on MMA fans, lets hook it up. smile
Juergen
04/03/2006 04:28 AM (UTC)
Satyagraha Wrote:
K, I'm bringing it back, lol. Bushido 10 is this sunday, anyone going to order it? Here are the match-ups:

Bushido 10 Card
Takanori Gomi vs. Marcus Aurelio
Dan Henderson vs. Kazuo Misaki
Yuki Kondo vs. Phil Baroni
Murilo Rua vs. Paulo Filho
Joachim Hansen vs. Luiz Azeredo
Jens Pulver vs. Masakazu Imanari
Denis Kang vs. Mark Weir
Mitsuhiro Ishida vs. Paul Rodriguez
Akihiro Gono vs. Dae Won Kim
Seichi Ikemoto vs. TBD
Ikuhisa Minowa vs. Paulo Cesar Silva

I guess Imanari had an asthma attack or something earlier this week and needed to be hospitolized 0_o. I heard he isn't not fighting now, which sucks because he and pulver would have put on a great show. I was really looking forward to seeing him fight, his sub style is unreal.

Anywho, I'm taking Gomi over Aurelio because, well...it's Gomi, lol. tongue I'm not familar with Aurelio, either, but he's ATT and has wins over some pretty nice names - including my boy, Imanari.

I'm Taking Henderson over Misaki, too. He's our american boy, so GO GO GO!! I'd also like to see Minowa get a W, but I'm not sure if he's capable of such deeds, lol. He's an entertaining dude, though. And I hope Baroni gets his ass KTFO. Again, he's an entertaining fighter, but his attitude is sooo sour.

Come on MMA fans, lets hook it up. smile

I think everyone ordered WM22
Juergen
04/03/2006 04:29 AM (UTC)
UFC PPV predictions for April 15th:

Arlovski VS Sylvia: Arlovski wins

Tito Ortiz will lose!
Juergen
04/16/2006 05:21 AM (UTC)
Well my predictions were wrong. Regardless of everyone's opinion, in my opinion Arlovski got screwed. I think that the referee stopped it prematurely. Well what is everyone's else's thoughts?
Satyagraha
About Me

04/18/2006 03:58 AM (UTC)
AA didn't get screwed, he got careless. Whether you hate him or love him, Tim can rock a fucking elephant. AA's jaw has been suspect, this puts even more question into it. It was a fair stopage, though. Tim would have just continued to lay on top an rain blows. Doesn't really matter, though, Mir will get a few wins then grab the belt again; wouldn't have mattered if it was AA or Tim.

I'm pissed Diaz is loosing so many close decision. sad Yes, he's a punk ass, but he's a punk ass trying to do the right thing for his family. Also, the kid ua fucking amazing, he's just missing that "thing" to put him over. I hope he finds that missing element.

Next is the Open Weight GP, i think in early may, WOOT.

WTF is up with the IFL? Rampage is announcing, but the talent doesn't really interest me.
Juergen
05/06/2006 05:38 AM (UTC)
So Brock Lesnar signed with K-1, that's cool. I hope he comes to the UFC soon. Also, in the match where Royce Gracie fights Matt Hughs. Who will win?
Juergen
05/26/2006 07:46 PM (UTC)
Everyone ready to see Matt Hughes submit this Saturday?
Subzero2
About Me

PSN: Eazail70x7

05/26/2006 08:42 PM (UTC)
mma? wtf is that?
Satyagraha
About Me

05/26/2006 09:02 PM (UTC)
Subzero2 Wrote:
mma? wtf is that?

Mixed Martial Arts
Why We Watch MMA. smile Also, I think there are some other links above.

Wooooo! Glad to see this thread back. Hmm, I'm taking Hughes by highlight reel, lol. Gracie's are bomb, but come on, this is hughes. I'm not even a hughes fan, but he takes this match by whatever the fuck he wants. Barring a huge mistake for Royce to jump on, that is.

Vera/Silva
Not sure about this, but I expect a nice fight. Not to familar with either, but Vera has been impressive and Silva has the goods from what I understand. Looking forward to it. Vera by BJJ prowess.

Swick/Riggs
I want swick to win, but I'm not sure. RIggs coming of a win over Diaz. Meh, another potentially great fight. Should be stand up goodness. Riggs by GnP late round 2 or early round 3; or swick by KO round 1.

Sanchez/Alessio
Sanchez by mauling. Used to hate Sanchez, now I want to see him destroy everyone in his path. Not to familar with Alessio, so meh. Though, Sanchez is coming off a virus or something that hopitolized him, so hopefully he'll be healthy.

Gullard/Davis
Only know Gullard from TUF, know nothing of Davis. Meh. Hopefully it wont be boring. Gullard has strong wrestling from what I understand. He has been touted pretty highly, but meh. We'll see how this turns out.

Gullard by Slam.

Sakara/Lister
Lister by BJJ dominance. Though, Sakara looks like a sociopath.

Ganzaga/Scherner
Scherner over Ganazga. Why? Not sure. But, last Time I saw Ganzaga fight he was one man in the most hideous, boring two man fight I have ever seen.

Scherner by not being boring.

Looking forward to a couple of fights, though, I really am underwhelmed by Gracie/Hughes. Just doesn't appeal to me. Like to see Gracie take it, but I dont' see how he can. Gracie wins expect "work" to pop up all over the net, lol.

TZPhelps
About Me

Those who dance are considered insane by those who do not hear the music

05/26/2006 10:16 PM (UTC)
I'm getting to watch UFC 60 tomorrow night, and yes, I am ready to see Matt Hughes sumbit. I wouldn't root against Royce Gracie in a spelling bee, let alone a fight in the organization that he established, he is right when he calls the UFC "his house." Ken Shamrock, Dan Severn, and other legends of the UFC are notches on his belt, and I think that Hughes is going to be next.
Juergen
05/27/2006 11:20 PM (UTC)
Good trailer:

http://60.ufc.com/

Reminds me of the start of a round in a 3D fighting game.

Predictions:

Gracie

Silva

Riggs

Sanches

Davis

Wiman

Sakara

Scherner

Horn

Juergen
05/28/2006 05:49 AM (UTC)
Juergen Wrote:
Good trailer:

http://60.ufc.com/

Reminds me of the start of a round in a 3D fighting game.

Predictions:

Gracie

Silva

Riggs

Sanches

Davis

Wiman

Sakara

Scherner

Horn

I got 2 out of 9 right.

Results:

Hughs
Lister
Sanchez
Vera
Swick
Horn
Fischer
Gonzaga
Guillard

And from the website:

"In attendance tonight, Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson, James Caan, Kazushi Sakuraba, Gary Goodridge, Paris Hilton, Nicholas Cage, David Spade, Everlast, Paul Walker, and Marlon Wayans"
Satyagraha
About Me

05/28/2006 06:10 AM (UTC)
Pretty decent show, better than I expected. Gullard was rock solid. Fighting at 155 will do him good - though, if Penn drops down, bleh. Looking forward to following this kid. He lost his home and belongings durring Katrina from what I understand, so I'll be rooting him on for quite some time.

Still impressed by Swick.

Sanchez pulled it out on agression. Though, Alessia has an AMAZING sprawl sub defense. Holy shit, that match was fun to watch. I've never seen a standing back mount for such a long period of time. Then Alessio tries to armbar Sanchez, using his head for leverage....simply crazy. I'm looking forward to seeing more of Alessio.

Vera is up and coming. Though, I have no clue what his chin in like. If he can take shot, then watch out. He just may be the second man in the UFC to have ever held belts in two different weight classes.

Suprised by Ganzaga. Last fight I saw him in was pure shit, even though he won with a superman-punch, lol.

Flying knee from fisher was nice. Hell, it's always nice to see a flying knee. tongue

Anywho, I expected Hughes to win the way he did; even though I didn't want him too. Be sick if Royce and Florian fought at 155. Again, great card for what it was on paper. Really wish they would have shown horn. sad He's my main for UFC on the dreamcast, lol. grin

Edit: Oh, and once again UFC shows why their fans lack a frontal lobe with all their booing. Only time I agreed with their booing was when Paris was shown.
Juergen
05/28/2006 06:22 AM (UTC)
UFC 61 will be cool. Ortiz VS Shamrock and Sylvia VS Arlovski rematch. I'm actually going to cheer for Shamrock this time and put Ortiz in his place. Also, I want Arlovski to regain his world title!
Satyagraha
About Me

05/28/2006 08:46 PM (UTC)
Yeah, 61 sounds like it could be a great card. Tito is going to take it again. Ken IS a MUCH better fighter now than he was back in his "glory" days. He's just, old, lol. Reflexes slowing down, recovery taking longer. He's a beast and has "evolved" as a fighter so much. It's just to late, though. Not only is Tito just a bad ass, he is also a tough match up for ken, style wise. Hopefully it will be more competitive this time around.

If AA can keep from getting hit then he'll win the belt back. That's all I have to say, haha.

Man, that Strike force card sounds pretty good, too. Belfort/Overeem; hope Vitor continues to win. Like to see him back in the big shows again. Also, Puder is fighting, lol. That kid is awsome. tongue
Juergen
05/31/2006 05:20 AM (UTC)
Do you think Brock should join UFC instead of K1?

Also they posted the Royce match on Youtube:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IQRMG5DlH2w&search;=gracie%20hughs
Satyagraha
About Me

05/31/2006 06:24 AM (UTC)
Brock should definately fight in K1. He's pretty big in japan and they can set up their "freak show" fights for him. K1 will pay him WAY more money, too. K1/Hero's is the place to be now. Saku, Killer Bee, Brock and countless other exciting fighters. If K1 keeps signing big names, they will have a significant market share in japan. Also, UFC's HW division has a weight limit, though I forget if it's 280 or 260. If it's 260 then he'd have to drop like 35-40 lbs. Meh.

Man, I'm soooo looking forward to the upcoming Bushido. Lots of great matchups. That, and Krazy Horse is fighting!! tongue

Edit: just checked, HW division in UFC peaks at 265. Brock is around 300lbs. That's a shit load of weight to cut.
Juergen
05/31/2006 07:21 AM (UTC)
Yeah but you do know that the WWE increases everyone's weight by like 40 or 50 pounds and makes everyone taller by like 2 or 3 inches. The Undertaker is really like 6'8" and Kane is like 6'9" in reality.
Pages: 7
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.