Complete Breakdown of the New 62 Character Select Screen (Because someone had to do it...)
posted07/25/2006 06:28 AM (UTC)by
Gillbob316
Because someone had to do it...

As some of you may have already seen, a tiny blurry picture has surfaced from a magazine scan of the new revised 62 character select screen. I can't post it, cause it's a scan, and I likes me to respect the forum rules, but it's out there, and as near as I can tell, this is what it looks like...

Top to bottom, Left to right...

ROW 1 (Ninjas): Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Reptile (Shaolin Monks?), Rain, Ermac, KAK Shadow (Chameleon?), Noob Saibot, Smoke, Cyrax, Sektor

ROW 2: Stryker, Kabal, Dairou, Jarek, Darrius, Reiko, Fujin, Bo Rai Cho, Mavado, Hotaru.

ROW 3: Nightwolf, Mokap, Cage, Kano, Jax, Kai, Kenshi, Shujinko, Hsu Hao, Kobra.

ROW 4: Random Select, Unknown (Most likey Daegon, since it looks just like Taven but Bald), Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Shang Tsung, Quan Chi, Shinnok, Raiden, Taven.

ROW 5 (Girl Row 1) : Sonya, Kitana, Mileena, Jade, Ashrah, Li Mei.

ROW 6 (Girl Row 2): Tanya, Frost, Sindel, Nitara, Kira, Sareena.

ROW 7 (Monsters & Bosses): Sheeva, Baraka, Motaro, Havik, Drahmin, Moloch

ROW 8 (Monsters & Bosses): No idea (Red, Possibly Meat), Shao Kahn, Goro, Kintaro, Onaga, Blaze

So there you have it folks. That's them.

I'm positive about everyone listed by name, what really interests me however is the anomolies...

-----------------------------

Reptile's picture appears to be his Shaolin Monk's picture. Go figure.

In the top row, which is otherwise all Ninjas or Robot Ninjas (or both in Smokes case) theres a picture that appears to be the one used for KAKs at E3. Could it be holding Chameleon's place? Seems he'd be the only one that fits in this row.

The two characters next to the ?'s both look like Taven, and appear almost identical, but one is bald, which leads me to believe one is Daegon.

One of the portraits is very red, and in the "monsters and bosses" clump of characters, which leads me to strongly believe it's Meat, but I cannot say this for sure.

----------------------------------------

So there you have it. 99% complete breakdown of the new select screen. grin

Seems like our roster will be the already confirmed characters + Daegon and possibly Meat, with a very slight possibility that the KAK turns out to be Chameleon? *Shrug*
NickScryer
07/20/2006 05:39 PM (UTC)
It's kano (between jax and cage) and

the red box in the bottom left, he is in the boss section so "The one being" meh...i dunno.....

But i know i cant wait!!

ANd a SF VS MK game in the future!! woo-hoo!
tgrant
About Me
Project MKK: Coming soon...

Currently working on: MKD & MKA - The One Ring Theory
07/20/2006 05:41 PM (UTC)
Good stuff, I guess.

So many characters to master. Should be fun.
Tekunin_General
About Me

Twitter~Facebook~Youtube~~~~~PSN: Casselman/LockUpYourBones
07/20/2006 05:42 PM (UTC)
where is this pic u speak of?
Gillbob316
07/20/2006 05:42 PM (UTC)
NickScryer Wrote:
It's kano (between jax and cage)

Already edited it. wink

Realized shortly after posting, but I couldn't edit it immediately cause I was getting a "Server is busy" message.
NickScryer
07/20/2006 05:44 PM (UTC)
Ok cool.

One thing is very strange is the reptile MK:SM costume, odd, why is it there??......

and the Red box in the bottom left seems to be an invisible being (its kind of ripples) when you make it a bigger size, it could actually be the one being.....
Tekunin_General
About Me

Twitter~Facebook~Youtube~~~~~PSN: Casselman/LockUpYourBones
07/20/2006 05:46 PM (UTC)
where is the pic!?
Gillbob316
07/20/2006 05:49 PM (UTC)
Casselman Wrote:
where is the pic!?

If we could post links to scans without getting threads shut down we would! tongue

Go hunting. Use the magical powers of the internet.

I know that there are links in the midway forums. Some have also popped up on these forums which may or may not have been removed already. (Either way they should be removed soon)
shutterpb14
07/20/2006 05:50 PM (UTC)
Casselman Wrote:
where is the pic!?

Yeah, I have no clue what you are talking about without seeing the picture of it.
Ruler_Of_Outworld
About Me

You can't spell slaughter without laughter!!!
07/20/2006 05:53 PM (UTC)
The pic has been posted on the midway forums. Can't rember thread name but it'll be near the top.
ReptileJr
07/20/2006 05:54 PM (UTC)
Sweet So they won't seperate the characters?
Ruler_Of_Outworld
About Me

07/20/2006 05:57 PM (UTC)
You mean noob and smoke. If so they are seperate, just next to each other lol.
titanwarrior
07/20/2006 05:59 PM (UTC)
r u guys saying everyone is playable to start, that we don't have to unlock anyone?
Subzero2
About Me

PSN: Eazail70x7

07/20/2006 06:19 PM (UTC)
FFs, why the fuck are so many users online!!! GET OFF NOW SO IT DONT GET TOO FUCKIN BUSY!!

You fucked me over earlier today cause it was busy. DAMN YOU, I HATE YOU ALL grin

Btw, chamealion cant be on there, can he?
Toxik
About Me
07/20/2006 06:26 PM (UTC)
This new Select Screen looks way better. I love it. That's how I wanted it to be. tongue
Reptilefanatic
07/20/2006 06:30 PM (UTC)
i love the new one. Especially how everyone's divided into groups. And I can't beleive i'm excited that Reptile's in his MKSM costume!
Shinomune
07/20/2006 06:35 PM (UTC)
I still think that this character select screen is a "copy paste" render, only to reveal all the fighters, but the real select screens will be remain like E3...
Subzero2
About Me

PSN: Eazail70x7

07/20/2006 06:35 PM (UTC)
There are zoomed in pics on midways site
Pretentious
07/20/2006 07:02 PM (UTC)
Shaolin Monks Reptile leads me to believe that's not the actual select screen but rather, a placeholder for whatever reason. Either they're finished with adding whoever it is they want to add or they want to hold off on showing one or two characters in order to "surprise" the fans/players (like with Raiden and Liu Kang in Deception).
Gillbob316
07/20/2006 07:08 PM (UTC)
Subzero2 Wrote:
There are zoomed in pics on midways site

Zoomed in doesn't really help much when the resolution still sucks... : /

You would think that someone out there with a subscription to the magazine would know how to scan at 300 DPI. (Sadly I do, but don't have the magazine. *Sigh*)
Shinomune
07/20/2006 07:10 PM (UTC)
Pretentious Wrote:
Shaolin Monks Reptile leads me to believe that's not the actual select screen but rather, a placeholder for whatever reason. Either they're finished with adding whoever it is they want to add or they want to hold off on showing one or two characters in order to "surprise" the fans/players (like with Raiden and Liu Kang in Deception).

I agree for the same reasons.
SicilyzBabe86
07/20/2006 07:16 PM (UTC)
I have not seen these scans but I can assure you, posting them is against the rules of the site. You can however, submit it as a news lead and D'ArqueBishop will update the site on this info. That is whoever has obtained these scans.
Reptilefanatic
07/20/2006 07:16 PM (UTC)
Pretentious Wrote:

That makes alot of sense, but why would they use the MKSM reptile as a placeholder for his MKDA costume, when they can easily use the MKDA reptile anyway. Thats the part that gets me.
Ruler_Of_Outworld
About Me

07/20/2006 07:25 PM (UTC)
Anyone else think that the question marks in the select screen may have only been randoms at E3 and they were there to throw us? And that in actual fact they'll be hidden characters like you used to get in the old MK games.
Just a thought.
Hikari715
07/20/2006 07:31 PM (UTC)
Toxik Wrote:
This new Select Screen looks way better. I love it. That's how I wanted it to be. tongue

Agreed. It looks better.
Pages: 3
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.