J-spit
About Me
Twilight Muthafuckin' Sparkle

Sig by TheCypher
01/09/2013 03:10 PM (UTC)
So....a woman that looks great, is weird, and is in a nearby city wants to meet me.

I want to see where this may go.
Tekunin_General
About Me

Twitter~Facebook~Youtube~~~~~PSN: Casselman/LockUpYourBones
01/09/2013 08:50 PM (UTC)
Sick for 20 days, and counting.
[Killswitch]
About Me

Shao Kahn did nothing wrong

01/09/2013 10:19 PM (UTC)
Found mold in my room so it's being sprayed out. Hopefully it will make my coughing cease. It's really bad.
UlcaTron
01/10/2013 12:08 AM (UTC)
Google Chrombook, very tight.
acidslayer
01/10/2013 12:42 AM (UTC)
download more music onto my x-box and finally listened to the albums i bought. the source presents hip hop hits vol.6 and slipknot antennes to hell.
01/10/2013 02:35 AM (UTC)
coltess Wrote:
God this gun nonsense is pissing me off. Piers Morgan purposely brings on a conspiracy nut to discredit all lawful gun owners when he has absolutely no idea what an assault rifle is, no idea what semi-automatic is, and no idea what people hunt with. I used to not mind the guy, now I downright dislike him.

The only thing that bothers me about this gun fiasco is all the gun toters constantly shouting "It's my second ammendment right!" as a defense to improper gun use.

It's like someone shouting "freedom of speech" when they burn a country's flag.

I don't like guns, anyway. I think if you feel the need to have one, you need to adjust your life to a position where you don't.
Coltess
01/10/2013 06:43 AM (UTC)
Riyakou Wrote:
coltess Wrote:
God this gun nonsense is pissing me off. Piers Morgan purposely brings on a conspiracy nut to discredit all lawful gun owners when he has absolutely no idea what an assault rifle is, no idea what semi-automatic is, and no idea what people hunt with. I used to not mind the guy, now I downright dislike him.

The only thing that bothers me about this gun fiasco is all the gun toters constantly shouting "It's my second ammendment right!" as a defense to improper gun use.

It's like someone shouting "freedom of speech" when they burn a country's flag.

I don't like guns, anyway. I think if you feel the need to have one, you need to adjust your life to a position where you don't.

Well, that's just not a option. Now, don't think I'm talking down to you or anything, but coming from Chicago you're too urbanized.

I grew up amongst wolves, rattlesnakes, coyotes, bears, cougars, rabid animals, and Indians (we don't usually shoot the Indians tongue).

People forget, a lot of the time, that the west is still not tamed. We are not like England which has eradicated rabies, wolves, and most venomous snakes and we never will be.

I myself once overturned a rock to find baby rattlesnake, which is actually more dangerous than the adult version. Were it not for the quick thinking of my elder brother, I'd have been bitten. In a matter of seconds he unholstered his Ruger 45. and shot the snake square in the head (which splattered it all over me).

Besides that, we have gas thieves. Many logging sites and workshops have their own fuel pumps which people often steal gasoline from. One of my favorite family stories is how my grandma warned a bunch of punks to stop stealing her gas, they kept doing it, she grabbed a sawed off shot gun, fired it into the air, the kids ran and left behind one of their guys who begged her not to kill him.

Since about the age of 4 or 5 I've been shooting and handling firearms. Sometimes as a hobby and sometimes as a necessity. I personally own a Colt Single Action Army, a Roughrider 22. Revolver, and Mosin Nagant. I've shot a plethora of guns in my live from single shot cap and ball to my step-brother's AR-15.

Yes, indeed, my step-brother owns an AR-15; built it himself too. Why? Well, it's light, fires a readily available ammo, is quite easy to repair, and has an extremely light recoil. He uses it for hunting and protection. But, since it was originally manufactured for military use it's the "Big Bad Assault Rifle"

Well, news flash everyone! An assault rifle is defined as "A rapid-fire, magazine-fed automatic rifle designed for infantry use." By that definition, my Mosin-Nagant - manufactured by the Red Army in 1945 - is an assault rifle. In fact, my Mosin-Nagant came with something my step-brothers AR-15 didn't, a bayonet! That's right, it came with a cruciform bayonet. Yet people aren't complaining about it. Why? It's not semi-auto

Something about having a rifle that is semi-auto just drives anti-gun folks crazy. I could wander down to a school with my near 70 year old soviet surplus rifle and my revolver whose design dates back to 1872 and kill as many children as that scumbag in Connecticut. Hell, I could do even worse things with a Cruciform bayonet. However, and here is the big however, the media would never once call my guns an assault rifle or an assault weapon. Why? Because anti-gun advocates hate semi-auto rifles more than any other type.

And let me tell you, I love my Mosin. I use it for target practice mainly (not much of a hunter) but some people do use them for hunting, despite how loud they are. But it won't protect you from a bear, a wolf, or a cougar. Bolt action rifles are just too slow for immediate danger. And, can ruin a hunting trip as a poor shot with bolt action rarely gets a second chance and the poor animal limps away with a bullet wound to get infected.

Also, heheh, Mr. Piers Morgan went on some spiel about how an AR-15 is not meant for hunting; something about pulverizing the animal, well I wanna show you guys a little something

Going from left to right in that picture we see L-R 5.45, 5.56, 7.62x39, 7.62 Nato, 7.62x54R.

The second shell is what the AR-15 is (normally) chambered for, not a very large shell. The final shell is what is chambered for the Mosin-Nagant, a shell still made specifically for sportsmen and target practice. This shell is classified in hunting for medium- to large-sized animals. A deer is a medium sized animal. Piers Morgan wishes us to believe that the AR-15, a semi-automatic rifle with a relatively small bullet, is going to pulverize a deer? It isn't so! I actually doubt he understands the difference between automatic and semi-automatic.

Also, the term assault weapon is an extremely stupid term as it has been warped and modified to fit anything from guns with a pistol grip and folding stock to guns with a bayonet and a grenade launcher.

I'm not a gun nut; I'm a (fairly) reasonable human being. I sympathize with the plight of those suffering in areas of great gun violence, but I refuse to allow national regulations to infringe upon my rights to lessen a crime which won't be affected. The guns on the street aren't coming from the corner gun shop or pawn shops, they're coming from gun runners who enter the U.S. from Mexico and China and sell their arms to gangs. Or the gangs are extensions or have dealings with Mexican and South American drug cartels which in turn arm them and supply them with product to sell.

Furthermore, I'm not against some regulation. Who would want armor piercing rounds or high capacity mags on the street? Not me! But I am against placing blame where the blame is not due. I stress how much I hate to speak ill of the dead, but a mother with a mentally disturbed son should not introduce firearms into the home. And, if they are present, they should be kept locked in a gun safe with trigger locks on each weapon and all ammunition in a lockbox. Adam Lanza's mother made a fatal mistake of not securing her firearms.

Finally, I'd like to stress again that America is not just New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, and all of those places. I grew up with 1.8 million acres of national forest land at my doorstep. I've been to Forest Service and Logging Camps accessible only by pack mule. I've killed rattle snakes, and I've seen Moose out my living room window. Don't ever think that America isn't wild anymore.

(Erik)
01/10/2013 07:10 AM (UTC)
It's crazy how those of us from the city look at all of these midwestern and southern people like they are so backwards, and then these rural folk look at us like we are so advanced and progressive as if that is a bad thing.
Coltess
01/10/2013 07:12 AM (UTC)
(Erik) Wrote:
It's crazy how those of us from the city look at all of these midwestern and southern people like they are so backwards, and then these rural folk look at us like we are so advanced and progressive as if that is a bad thing.
We don't see them as advanced and progressive. We see them as condescending, pretentious, and disconnected to wants, needs, and desires of those who do not live in urban settings.
Coltess
01/10/2013 07:16 AM (UTC)
Now, since I went on a somewhat political rant. I've decided to pay reparations to those of you who were upset, bored, or TL;DR with pictures of attractive people. Hopefully you'll find something you'll like; I'm not gay, so I just sort of took a gamble on the photos of guys.

(Erik)
01/10/2013 07:36 AM (UTC)
coltess Wrote:
(Erik) Wrote:
We don't see them as advanced and progressive. We see them as condescending, pretentious, and disconnected to wants, needs, and desires of those who do not live in urban settings.

I feel like we often look at the good of the people in the country as a whole, and you guys will often only care about your own needs. So I guess we do also view you as a selfish extremist group as well.
Coltess
01/10/2013 07:48 AM (UTC)
(Erik) Wrote:
coltess Wrote:
(Erik) Wrote:

I feel like we often look at the good of the people in the country as a whole, and you guys will often only care about your own needs. So I guess we do also view you as a selfish extremist as well.
But you don't understand us. When was the last time you waited for 200,000 sheep to cross the road? Or tilled up an Arrowhead on your farm? When was the last time you were at a logging site or on the river with anglers? When was the last time you drove 50 miles to see a movie or 200 miles to see a play? We find it puzzling as to why you think we actually give a damn about what city dwellers say/think because you don't understand how we live. What you believe is the greater good is viewed through an urbanized perception filter. I've known people that are dependent on hunting season for supplying food for the winter. People like that still exist, and city slickers don't get it. There is no public transit where I'm from, there was only one elementary school and 1 high school, there was no fast food, it was 50 miles to the nearest multiplex, 50 miles to the nearest Walmart, 200 Miles to the nearest city of over 50,000, and surrounded by 1.8 Million acres of national forest land.

I'm going to college at George Mason University, a few miles from DC and I've been downright offended by people at college. They've basically written off my home as irrelevant or hickish and expect me to be less intelligent. Where as I view the crime, HIV rate, unexpected pregnancies, and dependence on things I never had growing up as a great sign of urban weakness.

I thank God I grew up where I did. It's given me a greater appreciation for things I never had. Those of you who grew up with theatre and great centres of culture will never appreciate them as much as I do because you've always had them.

You folks know what works for you, but you don't know what works for us. We are a complex nation and there is no "common good" because we often have very little in common. That's why I'm state's rights guy, I don't like having congressmen from New York, Massachusetts, or any other dissimilar states having say over what happens in my mine.

This idea of "urbanizing us" or "educating us" is pretentious, dense, narcissistic, and downright foolish.
I've been taught the same responsible teachings about knife use for survival & outdoorsmanship.

Wounding animals, and leaving them to fester is cruel. Watch Princess Mononoke.
Like what you said about certain guns not being fast enough, when animals randomly attack, the same can be said about "proper storage" of guns/ammunition.

What burglar/thief/rapist is going to wait for you to unlock your gun case, then travel across the house to the unlock the ammo case, all the while, fumbling with the keys, let alone the damn bullets?!
They make it so tedious to defend yourself.

Semi automatic rifle? Brother, I don't even need gunpowder, with a coil gun. Hail of ballbearings tearing through shit.

The 2nd amendment is to prevent foreign invasion, though some fundamentalist, and extreemist groups fear the government as much as any foreigners. They think the constitution n shit gives them the right to defend their land as if it was their own sovreign country, uncontrollable by the "corrupt" "establishment", which is only half right. It's not that the Indians didn't/don't have concept of posession/ownership, they do. The land wasn't theirs to trade, they were only looking after it. People are supposed to migrate freely with natures' cycles, not stagnate in cities, disrupting the flow of the atmosphere/convection processes.

Bringing up the Attawapiskat financial audit was a malicious diversion, how is this news? It's well known the natives have money issues. It certainly does not excuse hundreds of years of abuse, and oppression.
Coltess
01/10/2013 08:36 AM (UTC)
Tetra_Vega Wrote:
I've been taught the same responsible teachings about knife use for survival & outdoorsmanship.

Wounding animals, and leaving them to fester is cruel. Watch Princess Mononoke.
Like what you said about certain guns not being fast enough, when animals randomly attack, the same can be said about "proper storage" of guns/ammunition.

What burglar/thief/rapist is going to wait for you to unlock your gun case, then travel across the house to the unlock the ammo case, all the while, fumbling with the keys, let alone the damn bullets?!
They make it so tedious to defend yourself.

Semi automatic rifle? Brother, I don't even need gunpowder, with a coil gun. Hail of ballbearings tearing through shit.

The 2nd amendment is to prevent foreign invasion, though some fundamentalist, and extreemist groups fear the government as much as any foreigners. They think the constitution n shit gives them the right to defend their land as if it was their own sovreign country, uncontrollable by the "corrupt" "establishment", which is only half right. It's not that the Indians didn't/don't have concept of posession/ownership, they do. The land wasn't theirs to trade, they were only looking after it. People are supposed to migrate freely with natures' cycles, not stagnate in cities, disrupting the flow of the atmosphere/convection processes.

Exactly, and I can say as a gun owner I am sick of these militia idiots and conspiracy nuts. The worst detractors of the Second Amendment do less harm than those nuts who claim it for any situation.

And I agree about the proper storage thing, but I do think there are certain situations, as I said about Adam Lanza's mother, that call for extreme lockup. I always felt the best possible combination of safety and preparedness would be loaded Colt Detective kept in a locked drawer by your bedside. Keep the key's location a secret but hidden within reach and tell no-one that there is a gun in the drawer.

Also, kudos to you on the knife skills. That's something I could never do; I'd probably end up hurting myself.

SubMan799
01/10/2013 07:50 PM (UTC)
Toxik's avatar gets me hyped for Injustice

btw, does anyone know how to upload photos directly to your computer with a Samsung Galaxy 3? I'm hooking it up to my laptop but I can't access my photos directly
Icebaby
01/10/2013 09:10 PM (UTC)
Here's something that has always bothered me with this mental disability issue and guns. I've mentioned this issue before about having a roommate hold me up at knife point because an argument between us got so carried away by her. She is diagnosed with bipolar, and the school knew that she had this condition. Despite that this isn't a gun issue, it's still a weapon issue, and knives are as dangerous as guns.

When I reported her actions to everyone that I had to talk to about this issue, not a single person took into action that this disease could have led into a dangerous situation, which it did clearly. But because I had shoved her away from me, because it was between her and I and no one was in the room, she got a slap on the wrist and walked away from this issue like nothing bad happened. We both got punished with a small offense because I shoved her away, and she had wielded a knife in my face. But I had also mentioned that she grabbed me and slapped me, still nothing.

People were saying to me that "she is diagnosed with bipolar, she might not have known she was doing it." Bullshit because she yelled in my face, "don't mess with me I have fucking bipolar." She was well medicated as well, to a pint where you could hardly tell she is diagnosed. A school could have gotten into a huge mess with this situation if I had continued to press charges against her. I backed down because I was told that she too could press charges on me because I shoved her away. But I could have gotten people in so much trouble due to this, and because of medical issues, people were treating what she did to me like it wasn't that big of a deal.

So really, I don't know what to think about how people want to treat others with mental illnesses if the kind of situation I've been in is what could possibly happen. I mean, I have a medical condition too, but I don't wave that into the air as an excuse for my actions. And I have family members and friends who are diagnosed with bipolar who all agree that if she said what she did say to me and was aware of her own condition and actions, she should have gotten into so much trouble rather than a slap on the wrist.

I really have no idea how people are going to treat these issues if this is the kind of experience I went through...

And this whole gun control thing... I have a lot of stuff to say, but I am really sick right now...
(Erik)
01/10/2013 11:16 PM (UTC)
SubMan799 Wrote:

btw, does anyone know how to upload photos directly to your computer with a Samsung Galaxy 3? I'm hooking it up to my laptop but I can't access my photos directly

Is that a phone with apps? I'd recommend dropbox.
01/11/2013 12:52 AM (UTC)
IT HAS BEGUN!!!

I am now officially a college student!

My first class starts Tuesday!
01/11/2013 02:48 AM (UTC)
coltess Wrote:
(Erik) Wrote:

I am none of those, thank you.

And I have lived in many places in many areas and states, Texas being my least favorite.

I have no problem with those who hunt (for food) with guns. It's those who have them for any other reason that bother me. I just view a gun as a pointless tool that's powerful and destructive for no reason.
KingBellsprout
01/11/2013 03:25 AM (UTC)
I want a Pomsky so bad.
xB$INx
About Me

01/11/2013 04:21 AM (UTC)
Hey what's your guys advice for workouts to tone up? I unfortunatley don't have much time for going to the gym, so it's got to be stuff I can do in my room and whatnot. You know push-ups and stuff like that. I'm already pretty fit, I just want to tone my upper body and stomach more.
SubMan799
01/11/2013 05:01 AM (UTC)
(Erik) Wrote:
SubMan799 Wrote:

Is that a phone with apps? I'd recommend dropbox.

Yeah I have dropbox set up, but I was just wondering if there was a way to directly take the pictures from the phone onto a computer. It's not a big deal,it's just kind of odd that I can't find the photos
Icebaby
01/11/2013 05:43 AM (UTC)
xB$INx Wrote:
Hey what's your guys advice for workouts to tone up? I unfortunatley don't have much time for going to the gym, so it's got to be stuff I can do in my room and whatnot. You know push-ups and stuff like that. I'm already pretty fit, I just want to tone my upper body and stomach more.

P90x is the only thing I can think of to help you out.
Coltess
01/11/2013 07:27 AM (UTC)
Riyakou Wrote:
coltess Wrote:
(Erik) Wrote:

I am none of those, thank you.

And I have lived in many places in many areas and states, Texas being my least favorite.

I have no problem with those who hunt (for food) with guns. It's those who have them for any other reason that bother me. I just view a gun as a pointless tool that's powerful and destructive for no reason.

I own three and I don't hunt. Never had much interest in deer hunting, all that effort for a meat I don't really like, coming from an animal I've hit in the head with an apple before. I much prefer target shooting, I find it therapeutic and relaxing; focusing mind and body on a single target, remaining still, and firing - no more relaxing passtime I can possibly imagine. Blows fishing out of the water entirely. And, as I said before, I carry for protection as well. Encountering rattlesnakes, coyotes, wolves, and bears isn't just something that happens when you're camping or hunting- they're on your porch, in your backyard, stalking your pets or livestock.

And personally, I find the aesthetics of guns fascinatingly beautiful. Gunsmithing is an art form; to create something so elegant, so beautifully complex, yet strong enough to withstand the intense heat pressure of firing a round is utterly astounding.

It's just a hobby of mine, like any other hobby. I store them safely, clean and oil them regularly, and I've even done some light restoration work for a few bucks. Guns are just something I've been around my entire life, have a pretty good understanding of, and thoroughly enjoy. And really, there's nothing like the feeling of slamming a long silver bullet into a well greased chamber.

But, back to the subject at hand. I don't like being looked down upon for being a gun enthusiast, which really this whole ordeal has become. Chiding those who own guns for having them and trying to create some sort of moral highground for those who don't. It just disgusts me the way the media has played this.
Coltess
01/11/2013 07:32 AM (UTC)
And for continuing on with the subject, I will again pay reparations.

This time with pillowy mounds of mashed potatoes.
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.