MKA Advanced Movlist Project: 13 Characters complete. Newest Additions: Scorpion, Hotaru, Havik, Mavado.
posted12/29/2006 11:15 PM (UTC)by
Uranius

Explanation: I want to create a movelist for MKA, which is not only a copy of what you get when pressing start; but also supports information in terms of Gameplay. It is easy to find out how fast a move is, and how long it reaches (practice mode), but will it hit crouched enemys, or opponents lying on the ground? The answer to those questions is supposed to be in this list.

Basis: I found a very good Movelist online, made by xxJagoxx at IGN.com. I began to use it as a basis for my movelist, I hope he won't mind. Thanks a lot to my brother Phokjong for writing a conversion script that can transform his list to my tables. Movelist by xxJagoxx

Volunteers: It is obvious that I am not going to test all 60 Characters myself, so I need volunteers who are willing to write down move properties of a character. Since I want to include the list xxJagoxx made, ONLY additional information is required: Move Height and things in Effects of a Hit xxJagoxx didn't write down.

Gameplay and Juggle Combos: Take a look at HJS' Gameplay Thread. He also linked to this page, if you can't find my post, go there first. (HJS' Post is sticky)

Legend and supported Features:
Air Combat is listed as two seperate styles. (Hand to Hand and Weapon) Many characters share them.
Each move is represented by a combination of buttons like this: eM; combos are several moves divided by colons: H,H,L.
Combo parts that can be continued can be omitted. It is sufficient to list the single moves and the longest Combos. If you can do 4 punches in Ashrahs weapon stance, it sould be sufficient to write down one punch as a move and 4 punches.
I like to use every word english has to offer, a good dictionary for germans is LEO.

Table of Contents
Basic Move properties: Height Each Hit is represented by one capital letter, describing the height. All prefixes and suffixes (small letters) can be ignored: sL, L'G and L+ are all Low Moves. H High: can be ducked or blocked to escape. M Mid: can only be blocked high L Low: can only be blocked low (or jumped over).

Mixup

A 50/50 Mixup is called a strategy of mixing Mid moves and Low/Throws, with the aim to catch the opponent blocking the wrong height.
High and Blockable Moves are not suited for Mixup, because the can be blocked at both heights.

Advanced Move properties: Sidestepping and Stance: These properties will be attached to the Height Letter as a prefix: tH h horizontal: Sidestepping opponents will get hit because the move covers some angle. Nevertheless the direction the fighter is looking will not change, even if the opponent is behind him. I suspect that all horizontals do only prevent sidestepping to one side, that would be the direction the (horizontal) move hits. Low horizotals are referred to as Sweeps. t tracking: When sidestepped, the Fighter turns around and attacks/continues attacking to the direction of the sidestepping opponent. e evading: This move sidesteps and evades an attack performed at the same time by the opponent. Evading moves are always tracking. s standing: Low moves that are performed from a standing position are marked like this. c crouching: Other than low moves performed from a chrouched position are marked like this. They will duck under High attacks, just like normal Low Moves do. LG Ground: Hits also opponents lying on the ground. (suffix) MG is not worth a try, the opponent gets up and blocks the attack. LG is very good, it will hit in most cases.

Sidestep Mixup

Another Mixup could be mixing unsidesteppable moves with unblockables, for example sweeps with Hellfire.

Special Move Properties: B Blockable: can be blocked high or blocked low. U Unblockable: The Hellfier type hit: must be avoided by stepping around or jumping. You can do it from anywhere on the screen.

You cannot get thrown while performing a special move.

Effects of the Hit: This section describes some effects moves cause when they hit successfully, so they are of interest when thinking about the right follow-up of a move. stun After that technique the opponent cannot punch back, parry, sidestep, jump or duck for a fraction of a second. Continue immediately with a (Mid / Low) Mixup. No free throw, but High moves turn to Mid ones, since they cannot be ducked. bleed The enemy will hold his hurting eyes for a moment, this is the long version of the stun. Although the enemy cannot duck, you can't throw him, while he holds his eyes. knockdown The enemy gets slammed to the ground; ends juggle combos and air kombat. trip Low move, The enemy will fall to the ground. Horizontal (Low) trip moves are called "sweep". free throw The enemy cannot duck fast enough after some techniques, so you can perform a throw he cannot avoid. Sometimes you have to sidestep to get the free throw. popup Tosses the enemy into the air, enabling juggle combos or air kombat. In air kombat it means that the opponent stays in the air, and you can continue the combo. uppercut Tosses the enemy too far into the air to enable juggle combos or air kombat; some special moves can still reach the opponent. bounce Air kombat only: The opponent gets slammed to the ground and bounces back, you can continue the combo. The opponent can stay on the ground by pressing Block (R2). L Unparryable: Low Kicks are unparryable as well as special moves that hit without body contact, some throws are unparryable as well. I'll try to mark the unparryables, if known. Thanx to HJS for this info. When High, Blockable or Mid Moves are unparryable, they will interrupt the parry move and instantly turn the opponent blocking. So only the Low unparryables are important to know. Hit Effects for special moves: free hit Sub Zeros Ice Ball gives you a free hit or combo. L' Unbreakable: Moves are unbreakable when there is no follow-up to that move in some combo. Throws are breakable at the last move as well, I think. Therefore only special moves have to get marked. Scorpion has Exceptions. 11+ No Damage scaling is applied to this move. It will always hurt the same.

Wake up Game: Buttons: Action: When planted: Dmg: R2 stay lying on the ground, block high ←↓R2 Quick recovery, block low block low, recovers later. Press ←↓ instead of just ↓ to prevent rolling. ←↓Move Quick recovery, fast attack ↓R2 roll sidewards, block low Block low ↑R2 roll sidewards, block high Block high ←R2 roll backwards, block high Block high Pushing Block keeps you safe in case you are planted; and blocks when you get hit while rolling R2 High Wake Up Block High, Wake Up 4 R2 Mid Wake Up Block High, Wake Up 4 R2 Mid Wake Up Block High, Wake Up 4 R2 Low Wake Up, unparryable Block High, Wake Up 3 When planted, you need to push Block to perform a Wake up.Normal Hits automatically miss when you perform a Wake up move at the same time; special moves with no body contact turn your fighter to a blocking pose immediately, thus they don't hit but interrupt the Wake Up move. You can block immediately after the Wake Up, even if the animation doesen't show it.
After a plant move most people block high, thus a fast low poke that hits on the ground has 90% chance to hit. In Practice mode it shows a combo with its damage added, this is a bug: The low hit can get blocked, and is not part of a combo. Wake ups are Parryable, except for the low one.

Kreate a Karacter Moves:
Since there are too many Moves in KAK I am not planning on writing them down. However I will mark some moves with MoveKAK to show that they are available in KAK mode. Moves that start a Combo will also start a Combo in KAK, and cannot be chosen as a follow-up. Same goes for follow-ups: they cannot be chosen as first move in a combo. The moves have the same names in KAK, so if you know a good move of some fighter, look at the name and search for the move in KAK.

Air Cancel
Some Air Combos have a air throw Combo that can be interrupted by pressing Style Change right before the throw animation starts. The result is that you fall to the ground prior to your opponent and can continue the combo. I will mark Air Cancels with "cancelable"

Air Kombat - overview

Buttons Name Height Dmg Follow ups [any] Jump Kick
(opponent not airborne) M 9 knockdown
Bombardment Buttons Name Dmg Follow ups Bombardment Updraft popup Fire Fly Whiplash throw Power Bash 12 knockdown Back Up 16 popup Reset Fists 16 bounce Zero Cool 19 throw X Marks the Spot 14 knockdown Ploted Tree 12 knockdown Shaddy Heel 12 knockdown Null G 19 throw Cyclone Buttons Name Dmg Follow ups Cyclone Blue Sky popup Hovering Strike Dead Meat knockdown Air Waves bounce Take it 12 knockdown Red Sky 14 popup Wavelength 15 bounce Fallen Hero 18 knockdown Fallout: Buttons Name Dmg Follow ups Fallout Airborne popup Straight Up Over Head Air Toss bounce Power Slam knockdown Gravity Strike 12 knockdown Toss Ya! 16 knockdown Ending It Now 17 knockdown Air Death 18 bounce Grounded 16 knockdown Air Kick 12 knockdown Time to Hover 18 bounce Onslought Buttons Name Dmg Follow ups Onslought War Cry: Buttons Name Dmg Follow ups War Cry Smash Down bounce Gut Kick Flip Throw throw Downward End 16 knockdown Swipe 16 bounce Pinwheel 20 knockdown Bounceback 22 throw Crashing Wind 18 throw Downtime 20 knockdown This is the End 22 throw Power Down 16 bounce Spinning Wheels knockdown End Times 18 throw

Armed Air Kombat - overview

Buttons Name Height Dmg Follow ups [any] Jump Kick
(opponent not airborne) M 9 knockdown
Downfall Buttons Name Dmg Follow ups Downfall Lucky Change popup Marked Humanoid Spinning Feet Grab throw Fresh Air 12 knockdown Air Slinky 16 popup Air Barrel 16 knockdown Boot Slam 22 throw Shove It 18 throw It's All Over 16 knockdown

Back in Action

21 knockdown
Zero G 22 throw, cancelable Unlisted 12 popup Barrel Roll 12 knockdown Downward Spiral 18 throw Powerhouse Buttons Name Dmg Follow ups Powerhouse Buttons Name Dmg Follow ups Thrash Out Bogie popup Long Legs Spinning Feet Grab knockdown Fresh Air 12 knockdown Spinning Attack 15 popup Guiding Light 16 knockdown Zero Gravity 22 knockdown Flip Down 18 knockdown Summer Sault 14 popup Boot to the Face 12 knockdown Pincer Throw 18 knockdown
DarkPurple
10/29/2006 12:56 AM (UTC)
I was with you up until MKA Advanced Movelist Project then you lost me...

The Move Lists:

Blaze by HJS (Boss Tier) - overview
Air Kombat: Only the Jump Kick

Special Moves: Buttons Name Height Dmg Follow ups R1 Inferno Throw H 13 knock down. ↓↓ Quake Slam U 8 hits from any range. →→ Steam Roller M 16 Knockdown. ↑↑ Charge Up Heal -7 Recovers Health. ↓↑ Melting Lava Teleport (no hit) Teleports. Flames: Melting Pot H 9 none. Flaiming Forhead M 16 knockdown. Low Flame Hand L 9 knockdown. Infernal Crunch M 9 pop ups / 0.4. Rising Flames H 8 pop ups / 0.2. Blazing Uppercut H 16 knockdown. Scoop of Lava H 16 knockdown. Low Flame Kick L 11 none. Stepping Flame H 13 knockdown. Lava Trip sL 9 trip Hot Heels L 9 trip. Fiery Slap H,H 16 none. Melting Death H,M 17 pop ups / 0.4. Third Scoop H,H,H 28 knockdown. Molten Death H,H,H 27 knockdown. Cinder Fumes L,H 15 knockdown.

Drahmin (High Tier) - overview
Air Kombat Styles: Fallout - Thrash Out

Special Moves: Buttons Name Height Dmg Follow ups R1 Punching Bag Throw 14 popup, ends in Iron Club ← → Ball -O- Flies H 9 → → Propeller Clock MMM 14 popup, ends in Iron Club ↓ ← Rising Uppercut H 11 misses at near distance, ends in Iron Club ← → ↓ Ground Smash U 8 ends in Iron Club Hung Gar: Buttons Name Height Dmg Follow ups Krusty ClawsKAK H 7 Double Claw Strike H 8 Low Scratch L Chameleon PalmKAK H 10 Razor NailsKAK HM 14 Oni Cut H 13 Twisting Kick H 16 Turning Low Kick L 5 Quick Shin Kick sL 6 Low Kick L 7 Twisting Sidekick H 6 Roundhouse SweepL 6 trip Leaping Frog Legs H 12 popup 0,6 Wake The Dead Leg L 6 Open Palm Fury H,H,H 23 knockdown Chameleon Trap H,H,H 25 Dreadful Things H,H,H 21 L1 Iron Smack H,H,M 22 popup 0,5 Iron Club: Buttons Name Height Dmg Follow ups Club Bunt H 8 Bloody Bash M 16 knockdown Ducking Gut Punch L 3 Old Timer M 12 uppercut, sometimes misses Black Jack Strike M 7 popup Rocket Launcher H 6 uppercut Power Mummy H 17 knockdown Leg Brusier sL 8 knockdown Abdominal Pain L 3 Shoulder Chop H 12 Psycho Power Swing H 12 knockdown Ducking Snap Kick L 4 Iron Pain H,H 19 knockdown Iron Fist H,H,H 20 Klubbing Time H,H,M 26 uppercut Stench Of Decay H,H,M 21 popup Krusty Skin H,H,H 26

Ermac (Mid Tier) - overview
Air Kombat Styles: Cyclone - Thrash Out

"> L1
Special Moves: Buttons Name Height Dmg Follow ups R1 Set And Spike Throw 16 ↓ ↑ Mystic Float (no hit) (special) Mystic Bomb
during Mystic Float U 10
Dive Kick
during Mystic Float M 8 knockdown
→ ← Telekinetic Throw BA 11+ knockdown ↓ ← Hado-Energy cH 9 ← ↓ ← Telekinetic Slam B 5 ... popup Choy Lay Fut: Buttons Name Height Dmg Follow ups Tiger Claw H 5 ...free throw ? Sloping Ridgehand M 9 plant Deadly Palm H 8 plant Kneecap Strike L 4 Rising Ridgehand H 8 plant Ridged Knife Chop H 5 popup 0,65 Grasping Uppercut H 13 uppercut Mid Attack H 8 ...free throw ? Twin Fingers H 9 ...bleed Choy Lay Foot L 4 Ermac Sidekick H 8 Dragon's Tail H 5 trip Sneak Kick sL 5 Whirling Demon L 4 Strong Mule H,M 10 popup 0,5 Carving The Way H,H,H 13 popup 0,35 Twin Ox H,H,H 14 Bloody Master H,H,H 14 plant L1 Buzzsaw H,H,H,tMMM 24 plant http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/5130/ps21rn3.gif
Low Wake up
while turning around
Axe: (same as Jarek's) Buttons Name Height Dmg Follow ups Overhead Slice M 12 Whirling Blade MMM 17 knockdown Sideways Cut H 13 knockdown Power Jab L 3 Horizontal Slash hH 12 Windy Axe H 8 uppercut Slice You In Two M 10 popup 0,55 Unresting Axe H 16 uppercut Stomach Mash H 11 Low Slasher L 8 Pelvis Cut H 13 Foot Slice L 4 Ankle Slicer L 4 Fast Hands H,H,H 11 Shadow Tricks M,M,H,H,H 23

Havik, based on xxJagoxx' list - overview
Air Kombat Styles: Ambush Downfall

SPECIAL MOVES: Buttons Name Height Dmg Follow ups R1 Chaos Axe Kick Throw 11% Popup↓ ← Torso Spin H 18% Knockdown← ↓ Diving Corpse L 9% Knockdown← → Crackling Legs Projectile L 9% Stumble TANG SOO DO: Buttons Name Height Dmg Follow ups Open Palm H 6% Downward Elbow M 8% Knee Chop L 4% Foward Open Palm H 7% Hard Fist H 14% Knockdown Power Uppercut H 13% Uppercut Front Ball Kick M 6% Spinning Sidekick H 16% Knockdown Inside Crescent Kick H 12% Knockdown Low Parallel KickL 4% Stumble Knife Hook sL 6% Sweep Low Foot Strike L 5% Tango H,H 9% Face Breaker H,H 9% Head Knocker M,M 14% Flood Plant H,M 11% Hero Of Pain M,M 9% Time Stopper M,L 15% Sweep Rushing Palm H,H,H 11% Open Palms H,H,H 13% Skull Warrior H,H,? 13% Elbow Pain M,M,M 18% Knockdown Triple Air H,M,L 14% Sweep Burning Flesh H,H,H,H 14% Nightfall H,H,H,H 18% Knockdown Gloomy Road H,H,H,M 15% Vile Habit H,H,?,? 14% Decaying Guard H,H,H,M,L 16% Sweep L1 Rotting Spike H,H,H,M 16% Popup MORNING STAR: Buttons Name Height Dmg Follow ups Iron Swing H 13% Stomach Stab M 12% Knee Punch L 7% Finger Jab H 4% Uplifting Mace H 10% Popup Upward Mace M 16% Uppercut Downwards Spike M 9% Popup Two Handed Swing M 16% Knockdown Spikes To The Thighs eH 8% Sweep Toe Bash cM 8% Hip Takeout M 11% Rib Slap H 13% Knockdown Shin Swipe cM 5% Stumble Basic Steps H,H 7% Fast Fists H,H,H 9% Stun

Hotaru, based on xxJagoxx' list - overview
Air Kombat Styles: Fallout Thrash Out

SPECIAL MOVES: Buttons Name Height Dmg Follow ups R1 Bouncer Throw 9% Popup→ → Grasshopper H 18% Knockdown← → Fury Punch And Escape H 8% Knockdown← → Quick Tricks (no hit) Teleport↓ ← Lava Burst B 9% Popup 0,65 PI GUA: Buttons Name Height Dmg Follow ups Ridge Hand H 13% Knockdown Knife Hand Chop M 9% Popup 0,65 Swing Chop MH 16% Low Hand Chop L 4% Spear Hand Strike H 10% Spearhand Sweep shL 7% Sweep Wing Chop M 12% Knockdown Sharp Uppercut H 13% Uppercut Stepping Heel Kick M 12% Knockdown Low Shin Kick sL 8% Stumble Pointy Toe Strike L 4% Stumble Power Heel Kick H 13% Knockdown Low Spin Kick L 4% Sliding Hands H,M 17% Popup Chop Chop H,H 18% Rushing Ridge Hand H,H,H 24% Knockdown Rain From Above H,H,MH 27% Falling Tree H,H,M 25% Knockdown Good Order H,H,H 25% Knockdown L1 Rolling Heels H,H,HH 24% Knockdown NAGINATA: Buttons Name Height Dmg Follow ups Face Cutter H 9% Raging Uproar H 6% Popup Blunt End H 4% Stomach Slash H 6% Leg Takeout sL 7% Sweep Razor Spin H 13% Knockdown Diamond Cutter cH 16% Uppercut Face Poker H 16% Stun Long Hilt L 4% Stumble Hot End H 4% Shin Splitter L 5% Stumble Power Kick H 11% Knockdown Cartwheel Pain HH 15% Knockdown Sharp End cH 4% Samurai Spirit H,H 15% Royal Guard H,H 13% Popup Honor Guard H,H,H 23% Knockdown 7th Death Dealer H,H,H 20% Knockdown Demonic Warrior H,H,HH 21% Knockdown

Jarek (Mid Tier) - overview
Air Kombat Styles: Bombardment - Downfall

Special Moves: Buttons Name Height Dmg Follow ups R1 Gut Bash Throw 16 ↓ ← Lasso Snatch H 4 popup 1,0 ← → Tricky Switch H 9 knockdown ↑ ↓ Rhino Stomp hU 8 ← → Flying Legs M 14 knockdown Dragon: Buttons Name Height Dmg Follow ups Back Knuckle Strike H 8 Upper Lunge Punch H 9 Ducking Claws L 4 Sun Fish H 8 Dragon Attack H 11 Uppercut H 8 Roundhouse Kick H 8 Low Talon Strike L 6 Front Stomp Kick L 6 trip Sidestep Claw H 11 knockdown Low Dragons Kick L 4 Scratcher H,H 14 stun Ice Pop H,H,H 15 popup 0,32 Switching Axe H,H,H 20 knockdown 3-Hit Claws H,H,H 17 knockdown Frozen Wilderness H,H,H 17 Star Dragon Kick H,H,L 14 Twisting Dragon H,H,H 16 Yielding Fire H,H 13 Tiger in Cave L,H 13 knockdown Kick Axe: (same as Ermac's) Buttons Name Height Dmg Follow ups Overhead Slice M 12 Whirling Blade MMM 17 knockdown Sideways Cut H 13 knockdown Power Jab L 3 Horizontal Slash hH 12 Windy Axe H 8 uppercut Slice You In Two M 10 popup 0,55 Unresting Axe H 16 uppercut Stomach Mash H 11 Low Slasher L 8 Pelvis Cut H 13 Foot Slice L 4 Ankle Slicer L 4 Fast Hands H,H,H 11 Shadow Tricks M,M,H,H,H 23

Mavado, based on xxJagoxx' list - overview
Air Kombat Styles: War Cry Downfall

SPECIAL MOVES: Buttons Name Height Dmg Follow ups R1 Rubberband Feet Throw 15% Knockdown→ → Grapple Hook Strike B 8% Knockdown↓ ↑ Change Sides Hook (no hit)↑ ↑ Anger Management (charge)← → Low Grapple Slide L 8% Knockdown→ ← Escape Grapple (no hit) LONG FIST: Buttons Name Height Dmg Follow ups Flat Punch H 8% Knee Strike L 8% Stumble Double Fist Strike H 12% Knockdown Low Snake Bite L 4% Long Straight Punch H 12% Knockdown Crane Strike H 12% Popup 0,6 Hammerfist Uppercut H 13% Uppercut Head Bash M 7% Killer Heel L 4% Stumble Cutting Kick H 11% Popup Spinning Crane eH 8% Popup 0,65 Floor Kick L 4% Long Fist Rush H,H 12% Long Fist Pain H,H,H 16% Longfist Blast H,H,H 19% Knockdown Long Tiger Claws H,H,H 20% Popup Under The Mountain H,H,M 14% Popup 0,35 Pole Distance H,H,H 19% Knockdown L1 Red Dragon Hunter H,H,LH 23% HOOKSWORDS: Buttons Name Height Dmg Follow ups Chest Strike H 10% Shoulder Rip HH 17% Knockdown Twisting Hook H 7% Low Reverse Blow L 4% Power Hook H 9% Twin Overhead Strike H 11% Popup 0,6 Chin And Neck Slice LH 16% One Hook Sweep L 4% Spinning Sidekick MH 8% Leg TripperL 5% Sweep Leg Hooks eL 8% Knockdown Scissors Swipe L 6% Double Axe Kick MH 10% Knockdown Shin Strike sL 5% Upward Cross Strike L 5% Razor Moon H,H 18% Furious Edges H,H 17% Shady Blows H,H,HH 28% Knockdown Strength And Balance H,H,H 23% Disciple Of Doom H,H,H 22% Unholy Strength H,H,MH 24% Blazing Fury H,H,H 20% Popup 0,45
I think he wanna tell u that he didn ́t understand ur concept at all - at least that ́s what I make out of that post...
slimjimSLIM
About Me

r.i.p nujabes

10/29/2006 05:42 PM (UTC)
Yes, Yes, this is just what we need. Nice example BTW.
Malheur Wrote:
I think he wanna tell u that he didn ́t understand ur concept at all - at least that ́s what I make out of that post...

You are right, I think thats it.
What about you, do you get it?

Maybe you should read the examples first. Images are missing, but I defined alternate text, there should be numbers (of the buttons, universal) in the "broken image"-boxes.

Vile
EDIT: I rewrote the first lines, as an introduction, and added a header to the examples table.
DarkPurple, does that help you? Otherwise could you give me a more precise question? I'll send you the link via IM, to make shure you find this page again.
EDIT#2: I have some space problems, so I put some Characters here:

Moloch (Boss Tier) - overview
Air Kombat: only the Jump-Kick. (M, 9Dmg., knockdown)

Special Moves: Buttons Name Height Dmg Follow ups R1 Angry Creature Grab Throw ↓← Power Ball H 8 ←→ Super Charge Heal -4 ←→ Ragin Oni H 16 (at right distance Mid) ←→ Beast Lord Heal -9 ↓↑ Furious Hows Heal -7 ↓↑ Ground Bash U 10 (20 in close distance) ↓← Suction Breath M 9 Moves: Buttons Name Height Dmg Follow ups Deadly Claw H 11 Stronger Uppercut H 16 plant Twisting Palm L 8 Stone Claw H 12 popup 0,6 Wild Thang H 14 uppercut 5,5 Creature Kick H 14 Ultra Fierce Trip sL 12 trip Flying Claws H 12 plant Ducking Low Kick L 9 Head Hunter M 12 popup 0,6 Unstoppable Force M 16 Creeping Leg L 9 Monster Bash H,H 27 popup 0,6 Blast Off H,H,H 31 Untamed Beast H,H,H 31 popup 0,6 Hidden Danger H,H,L, 27 Lurking Creature L,L 15

Motaro by Kabal Zero (Mid Tier) - overview
Air Kombat: only the Jump-Kick. (M, 9, knockdown)

Special Moves: Buttons Name Height Dmg Follow ups R1 Feirce Toss Throw 13 - ←→ Power Charge B 16 - ↓← Donkey Kick cM 12 Popup ↓↑ Teleport (no hit) Teleport ↓← Mount Stance (no hit) (special) Tail Projectile
in Mount Stance H 8 -
Low Shoulder Charge
in Mount Stance B 16 -
Propel
in Mount Stance L 13 -
Back to Normal Stance
in Mount Stance (no hit)
Horse: Gut Strike M 9 Furious Palm M' 12 knockdown Low Finger Stab M' 9 - Bone Smasher H 12 Stun Wild Beast Smash H 9 popup Chin Popper H' 16 uppercut Stomach Swipe M 12 - Hoove Pain L' 9 - Scooper M' 12 uppercut Spinning Knuckles M' 17 uppercut Horse Leg L' 12 - Second Arrival M,M 16 stun Double Elbow Kombo H,H' 24 knockdown Follow Your Gut M,M 18 stun Deadly Taro M,M' 24 uppercut The Charm M,M,M' 20 - Horse Is Down M,M,H 22 Stun Horse Palm M,M,M' 25 knockdown Final Scooper M,M,M' 24 uppercut Elbow Room M,M,H,H' 26 knockdown

Shang Tsung (Low Tier) - overview
Air Kombat Styles: Bombardment - Downfall

Special Moves: Buttons Name Height Dmg Follow ups R1 Body Stomper Throw → ← Close Fire Ring hB 11 ← → Outer Fire Ring hB 11 ↓ ← Soul Steal Heal, B -4, 8 ↓ ← Forward Fireball H 8 ↓ ← Mysterious Magic L 9 teleport Snake Bai She Tu Xin H 6 Cross Fang (Unlisted) H 13 bleed Low Palm L 4 Viper Strike H 8 Gut Buster ? 13 knockdown Snake Bite H 16 knockdown Twin Fang Uppercut H 13 uppercut High Snapkick H 12 Kobra Venom H 11 popup 0,5 Low Cobra Kick L 5 Mid Kick M 10 Eagle Pecking M? 14 Quick Low Kick L 4 Thrusting Fang H,H,H 14 Cross Fang H,H,H,H 22 knockdown ( ) Chrushing Palm (H,H),H,H,M? (21) 23 L1 Slitherly Master H,H,H,H 20 bleed ( ) Spiritual Snake Tail (H,H),H,H (14) 20 knockdown ( ) Blood Point (H,H),H,M? (19) 22 knockdown Snake Whipping Tail H,H,H 18 knockdown Sunken Fangs H,H,H 17 popup 0,3 Straight Sword Gut Swipe hH 8 Dodge This sL 9 Low Slash L 5 Face Smacker 9 Face Kut H 16 Middle Slash H 7 2-Handed Uppercut 16 uppercut 0,55 Middle Chest Slash M 12 knockdown Befallen Edge 12 knockdown Foot Stab c? 5 Head Poker H 11 knockdown Twisting Death MM 12 Mule Slash M 7 Gravity Killer hH,hH,? 20 uppercut Destruction Blows hH,hH,M 26 Dancing Swords hH,hH,H 25 Twisting Blender MM,MM 17 knockdown

Scorpion, based on xxJagoxx' list - overview
Air Kombat Styles: Fallout Thrash Out

SPECIAL MOVES: Buttons Name Height Dmg Follow ups R1 Knee Launch Throw 19% knockdown← → Bloody Spear H 4% free hit↓ ← Hellfire U 10% bleed→ ← Backflip Kick M 9% knockdown→ ← Hellfire Punch H 9% knockdown HAPKIDO: Buttons Name Height Dmg Follow ups Right Cross H 8% free Hellfire Face Strike H 10% free Hellfire Twisting Palm L 4% Neck Chop H 6% free Hellfire Hammer Uppercut H 13% Uppercut Axe Kick MM 8% Knee Knockdown L 4% Back Sweep L 7% Foward Snap Kick H 8% Backside Kick H 11% Front Thrust Kick H 6% Popup Front Sweep L 7% Stumble Left Cross H,H 12% Chained Up H,H 17% Hop Sweep L,L 16% Sweep Lethal Legs H,H 17% Liftoff H,H 16% Popup Flowing Water H,H,H 17% Knockdown Rear Ended H,tMM,H 24% Knockdown free Hellfire Triple Combo H,H,tMM 21% Inner Power H,H,H 19% Burning Soul H,tMM,H 22% Popup Overlord of Darkness tMM,H 15% Knockdown, free Hellfire L1 Hell's Warrior H,tMM,M 27% Knockdown, free Hellfire MUGAI RYU: Buttons Name Height Dmg Follow ups Bloody Tip H 8% Hilt Blunt M 9% Popup Ducking Horizontal Slash L 5% Horizontal Slash H 8% Swinging Vengeance H 8% Uppercut Dark Lifter H 10% Popup Fiery Saber M 11% Speed Demon H 8% Knockdown Agony's Edge H 12% Knockdown Low Thigh Slash cM 4% Stumble Gut Slicer H 8% Stumble Bloodfire H,H 14% Blood Bath H,H,H 20% Stun, free Hellfire Swift Fire H,H,H 20% Knockdown

Shinnok (High Tier) - overview
Air Kombat Syles: Bombardment - Downfall

Special Moves: Buttons Name Height Dmg Follow ups R1 Leg Breaker Throw 14 corner juggle, Parry ↓→ Summoned Fiend U 8 ↓← Tricky Portal M 16 ↓← Judgement Fist H 9 Kou Shou: Buttons Name Height Dmg Follow ups Stomach Smash M 8 Razor Elbow M 10 popup 0,6 Lower Claw Strike L 4 Chin Lifter H 8 Evil Uppercut H 7 popup 0,6 Volley Up H 13 uppercut Elbow Grease H 13 trip Steel Teeth Strike L 10 trip Creeping Kick L 4 Mid Section Kick H 11 Steel Toe Kick HH 17 knockdown, free Summoned Fiend Heel Tapper L 5 Hurtful Touch H,M 17 L1 Red Crown H,H,L 23 trip (last hit sometimes misses) L1 Shin Lord H,H,H,L 24 trip Amulet Staff: Buttons Name Height Dmg Follow ups Gauging Slash M 12 Turning Glowing Staff M 16 popup 0,6 Chin Cut cH 3 Head Chopper H 11 Twisting Hilt M 12 Upward Staff L 8 trip Reaching Edge c?H 4 Ranged Staff M 8 Feet Cutter L 7 Staff of Power H 8 popup 0,75 Whirlwind Chop L 4 Liver Slice M 8 Head Saw cH 5 Amulet Edge M,L 17 Ancient Secret M,H 18 popup 0,55 Slashing Underworld M,M,M 18 popup 0,3 Keeping Distance M,M,M 19

Tanya by HJS (High Tier) - overview
Air Kombat Styles: War Cry - Downfall

">http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/5130/ps21rn3.gif"> ">http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/9633/ps24ud3.gif">
Special Moves: Buttons Name Height Dmg Follow ups R1 Front Flip Throw 16 Knockdown. →→ Human Cannon Drill B 9 Pop up / 0.4. ↓↑ Air Fire Blast M 9 stun, free throw follow up. ↓← (while in air) M 9 stun, free throw follow up. ↓← Surging Fire Blast H 9 none. ↓← Split Flip Kick M 16 knockdown. ↑↓ Find Me (no hit) Turns invisble. Yue Chuan: Death Knuckle H 8 none. Wide Arm Palm M 13 Knockdown Grasping Palm L 4 none. Forearms Strike H 12 none Uppercut H 13 knockdown. Stomach Palm M 8 none. Low Freaky Kick L 4 none. Side Kicker H 11 none. (sweep) Low Turning Kick L 8 Trip Quick Low Kick L 5 Trip, Free throw in corner. http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/5130/ps21rn3.gif
Knuckle Punches H,H 16 none.
Knuckle Master H,H 18 none. Let's Dance H,H,H 21 pop ups / 0.33 Finishing Touch H,M 20 Knockdown. Power Heels M,M 12 none. Lucky Tricks M,H 16 stun, free throw follow up. Savage Hands M,H,M 24 Knockdown. Yellow Tail H,H 18 Knockdownn. cs, Triple Strike Change M,H,H 23 none. cs, Passing Of strikes M,H,H,H 26 Knockdown. cs, No Name H,H,H 23 none. cs, No Name H,H,H,M 27 stun. cs, No Name H,H,H,M,M 29 stun. cs, No Name H,H,H,M,M,H 31 Knockdown. cs,← No Name H,H,H,M 26 Pop ups / 0.9 cs, No Name H,H,H,M 26 Knockdown. cs, No Name H,H,H,H 26 none. cs, No Name H,H,H,H,H 27 stun, free throw follow up in corner. Kobu Jutsu Under Arm Twirl M 10 stun. Inward Duan Strike H 10 Knockdown. Overhead Smash M 8 pop ups / 0.5 Crossing Low Strike L 4 none. Head Basher M 8 stun, free throw follow up in corner. Razor Swipes H,H 20 none. Cutting Uppercut H 16 knockdown Crpssing Pain H 9 stun. Crushing Side Blow H 8 knockdown. Low Snap Kick L 6 none. Elbow End H 6 none. Defensive Bash H 6 sidesteps (evades), pop ups / 0.4 Long Ranged Trip sL 7 trips. Walking Short Kick L 4 none. Underarm Slap M,M 16 stun. Snuff Attack M,M,H 21 knockdown. Head Strikes H,H,M 31 stun. Mad Momma H,H,M,M 37 stun. Cloud Stars H,H,M,M,H 42 knockdown. Stick Bashing H,H,M 28 pop ups / 0.5 Head Knocker H,H,M 28 knockdown. http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/827/ps22fk8.gif
Steel End H,H,H 27 none.
Vengence Strikes H,H,H,H 30 stun, free throw follow up in corner. Yellow Sticks H,H 9 stun, free throw follow up in corner.
queve
10/30/2006 08:27 PM (UTC)
This looks awesome, complicated, but very very good.

I hope to see more later. Good idea.
Uranius Wrote:
Malheur Wrote:

You are right, I think thats it.
What about you, do you get it?

Maybe you should read the examples first. Images are missing, but I defined alternate text, there should be numbers (of the buttons, universal) in the "broken image"-boxes.

Vile

EDIT: I rewrote the first lines, as an introduction, and added a header to the examples table.
DarkPurple, does that help you? Otherwise could you give me a more precise question?
I'll send you the link via IM, to make shure you find this page again.

Well, I have to admit that it ́s a bit complicated indeed but a very good idea for sure! It will eat time though...

You should get some dragon points for this!!
When there are moves in the movelist it would be worth Dragon points, indeed. But its way too early to talk about points now, LOL
But thanx for your interest!

Please ask questions, I tend to write things more complicated then they are, and I want to know which things I have to describe better.

The low-high mixup after some moves (I called it ...stun, when high turns into mid), I think its gone in MKA.

Did you understand the difference between move Heights,
especially the ones I introduced myself: Blockable, Unblockable ?

I would be glad to have some response!

Vile

EDIT: Parryable misses. Some lows are parryable, others don't, so I can't just say lows are unparryable, that wouldn't be right.
Also the specials need a statement whether they are parryable.
hjs-Q
About Me

I Rock

10/31/2006 09:32 PM (UTC)
Hey Uranius,

Great idea.

Few stuff:

1. Just point in the begging all moves are parryble besides projectiles and low kicks.

2. Plants are gone, so all you need for moves with special properties is either bleed (Kano's knifes u+3, or MKD Scorp Moi Fah b+2) and stun (Tanya Yue Chuan 3,2)

3. The most important thing, for me atleast is if a move is high or mid, (I hate making my friends test dummys lol). So that should be the most important thing.

4. Just my opinion but it's kinda hard to see the symbols because they are really small and many of them lol. I would just do: bleed * stun **

So for example, Tanya will be 3,2**

Kano will be u+3*

5. Another idea, which is better and simpler if you ask me is to add 1 more colum in the table named "special" in there just write, sidestep / tracks / stun etc.............

That's my ideas so far,

Good luck, if you need help let me know.

And bring out those dragon points wink
Thanks HJS! smile

hjs-Q Wrote:
1. Just point in the begging all moves are parryble besides projectiles and low kicks.
Good! Does that mean low punches are parryable?
2. Plants are gone, so all you need for moves with special properties is either bleed (Kano's knifes u+3, or MKD Scorp Moi Fah b+2) and stun (Tanya Yue Chuan 3,2)
I want to point out whether they fall to the ground or not, maybe "trip" would be a better word for it.
3. The most important thing, for me atleast is if a move is high or mid, (I hate making my friends test dummys lol). So that should be the most important thing.
Sure, absolutely right.
4. Just my opinion but it's kinda hard to see the symbols because they are really small and many of them lol. I would just do: bleed * stun **
Good idea, but if I write ...popup after some moves, I can use the same column to write ...stun as well, this space will be free anyhow. It will also add symbols you need to memorize. At the moment I prefer the method I used to write this down, but I'll keep it in mind.
5. Another idea, which is better and simpler if you ask me is to add 1 more colum in the table named "special" in there just write, sidestep / tracks / stun etc.............
My Idea was bringing in a chronological order:
-1 what buttons do you press to get.....
0 which move?
1st does the move touch the opponent or does it whiff
2nd does it hurt him or does it hit the blocking arms
3rd does it kill him: Damage it deals
4th what can you do after a succsessful hit.

But what you say is right, you wouldn't need to memorize the letters t, e, h, c, s. I'll think about it.

Thanks a lot, HJS, besides there is a slight update with Molochs Moves...

Vile
EDIT: Plants are not totally gone, IMO. There are still moves that prevent tech rolling, thus giving a free Hellfire (well if you time it, you might even work around that, since during wakeup moves you are invincable for some frames.) Also you can't do the wakeup immediately. The effect is not big.
kabal-zero
About Me
There is no knowledge that is not power.

11/01/2006 05:07 PM (UTC)
Voulenteers? I'll do Motaro for you if you don't mind?
Sure, that would be cool, kabal-zero!
But please write it carefully, I will transform it into a HTML Table, with search and replace.

Write it down as follows into this post:

Stylename:

1,1,2 / Super Move / H,M,L / blank or ...popup, etc.

I will replace the slashes / with HTML code: </td><td> for the table.

Don`t bother about Breakable and the other stuff, I can add that later.
High and Low would be cool, and if you have a second controller, it would be cool to test the Mids: I use a "sado-maso"-Conroller for this grin , I tie it up with chords, so the stick will be hold down and the block button gets pushed permanently.

I give no thanks in advance, I don't want to give you the feeling that you have to make Motaro's list. wink

Vile
PS: I want to leave out Unbreakable as well: Every move that has no follow ups in some combo is unbreakable. Only hits that allow going on with the combo can be broken. It would be better to write that into the explanation than marikng every move. If Parrys have no exception to the rule HJS posted, I would leave them out, too.
Shinnox
11/01/2006 07:38 PM (UTC)
i dont think its confusing at all. this is almost exactly how i write my combos and such in my notebook.
hjs-Q
About Me

I Rock

11/01/2006 08:12 PM (UTC)
Only upercuts and plants (Kabal sun bin b+2...) are unbreakable.

As for parry, there are few other lows that are unparryble, u+2 in Hookswords of the top of my head.................

I can do Tanya if you want.
That would mean, I must include a sign for unparryables.
Do you think my definition of unbreakables is right:

* Moves are unbreakable when there is no follow-up to that move in some combo. Therefore only special moves have to get marked.

I have uploaded the images to www.imageshack.us, much better now!

HJS, It would be great if you could write down Tanya!
You know what to do: five colums divided by slash "/" ...
If you want to include Unparryables, write a unique addon to the Move Height letter, like H° with the degree sign. If you use the degree nowhere else, I can search and replace to transform it to whatever I need.

Vile
Iori9
11/02/2006 04:23 AM (UTC)
Give this guy a dragon point, he deserves it.
kabal-zero
About Me

11/02/2006 04:46 PM (UTC)
I can do it in HTML if you don't mind, I'm very familiar with it.
Sure, You can do that.
It will be a bit tricky but I can manage to extract the source code from the page, thus from your post.
Just make shure you have the five colums with the right order, even if they are left blank.

Vile
Update: one Air Style of Ermac and a Character select screen.
Does anybody know where to get the MKA Avatars?
I will insert only characters I have a movelist of.

There are only four air styles and four armed air styles, I think; if you look at the KAK mode. I can easyly copy & paste them later.

Vile

Edit: Ermacs second Air Style added, some lines rewritten.
How do I determine the damage of air combat moves?
Has anyone an idea?
In practice mode I have to do a popup, so I have damage scaling and won't be able to extract the true damage.
In versus, when both jump, It doesen't show the damage.

I will try to do it in versus with the combos of three moves or more, first, but what to do with the single hits, I don't know.

Vile
kabal-zero
About Me

11/06/2006 04:27 PM (UTC)
I'm just about done with Motaro except I'm having a problem trying to find something strong enough to hold the right trigger down on the 2 player controller. Should I include air kombat as a style since he only has the one move? All the kharacter icons are on: http://www.mortalkombatwarehouse.com/mka/#fighters
kabal-zero Wrote:
I'm just about done with Motaro except I'm having a problem trying to find something strong enough to hold the right trigger down on the 2 player controller.

- use the stick, not the cross. I have long hair and wear it as a pony. those rubber bands to tie it together like this are perfect.
Great, you are doing the mids as well! grin
Should I include air kombat as a style since he only has the one move?

- No. Maybe I'll make a general moves list, with Wake ups, Breaker, Parry - and the jump kick.

Cool, I'll check that out.

@HJS don't do the air moves as well, unless you already started writing them down. Air moves seem to be all the same, just names and appearance change - like alternate costumes! I can just add the other names to my existing Table.

I started writing Shinnok, maybe he gets finished tonight.
Maybe I will make the list of Shang Tsung as well, later on.

Vile
P.S.: I just completed Shinnok, he is available now.
Those characer icons are good, and there are all of them.
I will use them from now on!
Small update:
-air Kombat added from Shinnok
-invisible improvements to the tables grin
It would be great, if one of the moderators could make this thread sticky, the project can only grow if possible participants and the bug testing users can find it.

Kabal-Zero, what is up with your Motaro List?
If you have problems, please tell me

Uranius
Pages: 2
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.