MKO ~Kreate-a-Kharacter Tournament~: Rules Topic
posted05/31/2007 01:23 AM (UTC)by
~Crow~
Mortal Kombat Online's Kreate-a-Kharacter Tournament: Edition 4

After a short recess, I have decided to revive this contest. Many of you may remember the first three tournaments, and the struggling of the predecessor of this tournament that bore the same name. However, given the past success of this tournament I refuse to allow it death. I will put forth more effort than I ever have before for this edition, and I hope the members of the MK community do the same. So without further adieu, here are the rules, regulations and instructions on how to enter your character in this contest. You will also find information on the prizes available (they're something more than DPs this time) and openings for judging this contest should you wish.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Judges:

1. ~Crow~
2. MegaBabe
3. Pink_Ranger
4. TomTaz
5. Keith
6. DigitalDebaser
7. The MKO Community

Currently, there are three openings for the position of judge. To become a judge, simply send me a PM and express your interest. This is open to all members, but keep in mind you will need to be fairly respectable and well known to be chosen, given that this is an official site contest. The judges panel will decide the results of each match by voting for who they believe to be the better character. Since there will be an even number of judges, the deciding vote will come from the MKO community itself. You, the users, will vote for your favourite character in each match when the time comes. Whichever character receives the majority of the votes will be awarded with the seventh and final vote to decide the match, and also prevent ties from occuring.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prizes

Prizes will be awarded to three members. The overall winner of the contest (1st Place), the runner-up of the final match (2nd Place) and the secondary final match that occurs between the two characters who lose their matches in the final four of the bracket. The winner of this said match will receive the prize and be given "3rd Place". Prizes are currently as follows:

1st Place: A Premium Pack edition of MK: Armageddon (with your choice of Shao Kahn/Sindel or Kano/Sonya) signed by the MK team at Fight Night 2006 and a free MKO Flawless Account.
2nd Place: A Premium Pack edition of MK: Armageddon (whichever not chosen by the winner) signed by the MK team at Fight Night 2006.
3rd Place A regular edition of MK: Armageddon signed by the MK team at Fight Night 2006.
All others: 3 Dragon Points simply for entering successfully.

General Rules

• You may enter the contest no matter what rank you currently are.

• Only one KAK per user

• Characters must be ORIGINAL creations; no recreations of minor characters (i.e. Tremor, etc.) or crossover characters from other games

• Absolutely no plagiarism. Users found stealing characters from others will be disqualified as well as being temporarily banned from this site altogether

• Users can not both submit characters and judge the tournament; judges cannot enter characters

• All regular forum rules apply here as well. No flaming, spam, etc.

Character Submission and Profile

I will list below what is required to be present when submitting your character me. You may submit your character by sending me a PM and then replying in this thread. Please do not post your character inside this topic. You can ask any questions you have in here about what is required, however. The items in bold are requirements for me to accept your character, items in italics are optional.

Character Name:
Height:
Weight:
Origin:
Alignment:
Allies:
Foes:

Note: Given it's popularity, we are using MKDA/MKD's three style system in this tournament, so you may assign your character up to three styles, though if you prefer two that is fine as well.

Fighting Styles:
Weapon:

Note: Be sure to describe your special moves rather than simply naming them. Do not exceed five special moves for your character. They may be your own creations, not something from MKA's KAF engine. Fatalities should be in the style of the "classic" signature fatalities I'm sure most prefer.

Special Moves:
Fatalities:
Hara-Kiri:

Note: You must provide some form of character description that is an image. You may draw your character, create it in MKA and post the formula (I will create it for you if you cannot take a picture of it) or use Hero Machine or such creation programs.

Character Appearance:
Alternate Costume:
Other: In case you want to add something extra here.

Note: The storyline/bio may be as long as you wish; it is not limited to how much you can type in MKA or anything else. The more detailed your character's storyline, obviously the better it will be.

Bio:
Winning Quote/Slogan:
Other:

Tournament Setup:

There will be 32 characters (at least) in this tournament. Registration will end when 32 characters have been successful accepted or on December 20th, 2006. If more than 32 characters have been submitted by this date, judges will decide which characters advance into the main tournament. The 32 selected will be divided into four "realms" and "round robin" matches will be held, which means that each character from a particular realm will face every other character in the realm with it a total of one time. Characters will then collect a record, and depending on their records will be given a seeding number from 1-8. The characters will then be rearranged with these seeds in a standard bracket type tournament, with the winning characters advancing until a winner is decided.

Once again, if you have any questions feel free to ask them here and I or the judges will do the best we can to answer them for you. Good luck to everyone, and I hope you enjoy this first of hopefully many MKA related contests.

Users who have submitted characters:

1. MortalKombat2007
2. Barakaz_cuz
3. owen_pwned (Awaiting Image)
4. Jaded-Raven
5. Subman799
6. Infern07
7. Gideon1217
8. The_God_Bogard
9. Inplax
10. Dark_Schneider84
11. Kombosus
12. Tempyst
13. SickFreak
14. ~Nova
15. Derrick999
16. Sickles
17. G_Ninja
18. Nibel
19. Klark
20. zulu-alpha
21. StreetKing
22. laofan
23. SmokeNC-017
24. SubZero1477
25. Sindra
26. DamRho
27. Thunderstudent
28. Ermacsmainman
29. coolio548
30. Gunner_Gunter
31. sean79
tgrant
About Me
Project MKK: Coming soon...

Currently working on: MKD & MKA - The One Ring Theory
11/17/2006 10:12 PM (UTC)
I may just enter this if I have the time. I've been wanting to brush up some concepts for ages.
Shinnox
11/17/2006 10:15 PM (UTC)
ok so then this is a "make believe" tournament? i thought it was for real kak's :(
MortalKombat2007
11/17/2006 10:22 PM (UTC)
I will enter.
~Crow~
11/17/2006 10:25 PM (UTC)
Well, not everyone may have MKA... plus it can be rather restricting to be honest. I'd rather give a prize away to someone who has the highest level of creativity, as that's how this contest has always worked.

As I said, you can use MKA if you want, but I can't make it completely mandatory that you do so. It's more fun this way anyway.
Ermacsmainman
About Me

how bout a cup of shut the hell up.

11/17/2006 11:00 PM (UTC)
Ill enter this. Sounds like fun
Barakaz_cuz
11/18/2006 03:49 AM (UTC)
This sounds like fun....

Count me in.
Chrome
About Me

11/18/2006 08:42 AM (UTC)
Count me in as a judge.
owen_pwned
11/18/2006 09:30 AM (UTC)
I'm in but how does this work? do I post the character here ??
Jaded-Raven
11/18/2006 10:38 AM (UTC)
I want to enter the tournament!
matthewhaddad
11/18/2006 10:57 AM (UTC)
I would also like to enter this contest.
sean79
About Me
11/18/2006 11:34 AM (UTC)
I also plan on entering. do i just send my kak to you in a IM??
Infern07
11/18/2006 11:55 AM (UTC)
Is it alright if a noob to this forum such as myself enters?
herored
11/18/2006 11:58 AM (UTC)
I guess I will enter.I dont know the rules though. confused
Jaded-Raven
11/18/2006 12:25 PM (UTC)
herored Wrote:
I guess I will enter.I dont know the rules though. confused

Read the first post, the rules are explained there :)
DamRho
About Me

The world is built upon the bricks of shame

11/18/2006 02:14 PM (UTC)
You know you can count me on Crow grin
Jaded-Raven
11/18/2006 03:21 PM (UTC)
I have a question, Crow...

When at the MK timeline does this competition take place? Is Armageddon near or is it way before that, or maybe even after the Armageddon?

I ask this because I want to know how much I can mix the main MK characters into my storyline...
TikiTheTiki
11/18/2006 05:21 PM (UTC)
Im joining.
~Crow~
11/18/2006 11:54 PM (UTC)
Well, being that we don't yet have the MKA bios it will be a tad difficult I know. However, I would say the timeline you need to use will be just before Armageddon, leading into MKA itself. I think that should be good enough. We know MKD and MKA happened a few months or so apart, so during that in between time is where you could base your character profiles from.

Anyway, don't forget to submit your images everyone. I need to have a drawing, a KAF formula or something to confirm your position.

Oh, and it doesn't matter if you're a "noob"... this contest is for everyone in the community, old and young, vet or new member alike.
Ninja_Mime
11/19/2006 02:18 AM (UTC)
When do we need these things in? And can we just sign up here?
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
11/19/2006 04:56 AM (UTC)
The kharacters entered in this competition require more information than the real MKA kharacters. Oh yes! I did! :crazyeyes:
Ninja_Mime
11/19/2006 05:27 AM (UTC)
Just a question;

I'm not respectable/well known enough to be a judge, am I? Because I think it would fun.
Barakaz_cuz
11/19/2006 05:36 AM (UTC)
Ninja_Mime Wrote:
Just a question;

I'm not respectable/well known enough to be a judge, am I? Because I think it would fun.

Well at least I think you are...wink
RomanK
About Me

11/19/2006 10:04 PM (UTC)
I might join the contest.
The_God_Bogard
11/19/2006 10:23 PM (UTC)
Hi, I'm new here in the forums, also knowed as Sub-zero99 in the Midway and Mortal-kombat.org forums. I want to enter, but I have some questions:
1. Can I enter if I am in Mexico?
2. What I need to enter?
3. The image of the character need be a draw or can be a pic take it from the MK Armageddon KAF option?
4. The styles need be real? Like Shotokan or Hapkido? or can be original creations?

Thanks a lot.
Pages: 16
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.