Mortal Kombat: Awakening
posted12/20/2006 03:20 AM (UTC)by
Lone_Wolf
500 years before the original mortal kombat.

Great Kung Lao
Origin- Earthrealm (China)
Status- Order of Light Representative
Alignment- Good
Allies- Raiden, Bo Rai Cho
Foes- Shao Kahn, Shang Tsung, Goro

- Kung Lao lived and trained in a monastery with Shaolin Monks called the Order of Light. Kung Lao prepared for his entire life to earn the chance to fight in the mortal kombat tournament. Kung Lao received extra training from master Bo Rai Cho. Kung Lao was taught through intense concentration and meditation, he could perform moves many would think physically impossible.

Bo Rai Cho
Origin- Outworld
Status- Teacher
Alignment- Good
Allies- Raiden, Great Kung Lao

- Bo Rai Cho does not enter the mortal kombat tournament himself, as his victories would benifite his native realm of Outworld, only aiding Shao Kahn’s relentless goal of conquering realms. Instead, Bo Rai Cho choses to help end Shao Kahn.

Raiden
Origin- Earthrealm
Status- Realm Protector
Alignment- Good
Allies- Chosen Ones

- Raiden has been the protecting god of Earthrealm for many millennia. Shao Kahn devised a tournament that would allow the victor to gain control of Earthrealm. For generations, Raiden choose the best warriors to fight Shao Kahn’s offenses, but never before has Earthrealm battled against the Shokan Prince.

Shao Kahn
Origin- Outworld
Status- Emperor
Alignment- Evil
Allies- Kitana, Shang Tsung, Goro
Foes- Earthrealm

- Ages ago, Shao Kahn served as an advisor to Onaga, the former emperor of Outworld. Shao Kahn grew hungry for power and embarked on a treacherous mission to get rid of the current leader of Outworld. Shao Kahn successfully slain the only position higher than his and claimed Outworld as his own. Ever since then, Shao Kahn still remains hungry for power. Shao Kahn has merged many lesser realms with Outworld to strengthen his stronghold.

Kitana
Origin- Edenia
Status- Assassin of Shao Kahn
Alignment- Evil
Allies- Shao Kahn
Foes- Bo Rai Cho, Great Kung Lao

- Ever since Kitana could remember, her father Shao Kahn has encouraged her to kill. Kitana wants to prove to Shao Kahn that she is not only a killer, but the most vicious killer he has ever seen. Kitana plans to be so good at being an assassin, that Shao Kahn will only pay attention to her.

Goro
Origin- Outworld
Status- Shokan Prince
Alignment- Evil
Allies- Shao Kahn, Shang Tsung
Foes- Earthrealm

- Goro has good relations with the Emperor of Outworld, Goro gradually became a loyal general in Shao Kahn’s army. To ensure that Outworld would get the victory, Shao Kahn sent the Shokan prince to Earthrealm to aid Shang Tsung.

Shang Tsung
Origin- Outworld
Status- Sorcerer
Alignment- Evil
Allies- Shao Kahn, Goro, Drahmin
Foes- Earthrealm

- Shang Tsung returns to the tournament after his defeat from the Great Kung Lao a generation earlier. Soon afterwards, one of the three tournament grandmasters mysteriously dies. Shang Tsung has received orders from Shao Kahn that Outworld must not lose, Shao Kahn sends the shokan prince Goro to aid Shang Tsung in the tournament. Through whatever means necessary, Outworld has gained the odds in their favor.

Takeda
Origin- Earthrealm (Japan)
Status- Shirai Ryu Founder
Alignment- Neutral
Allies- Shirai Ryu
Foes- Lin Kuei

- A former member of the Lin Kuei, Takeda became dissatisfied with the profit oriented goals the Lin Kuei pursued. Takeda left to his homeland of Japan to form his own clan focusing on the purity of martial arts. Takeda shown his students many of the Lin Kuei’s deadliest techniques. The Lin Kuei viewed this as an insult, the clearest form of treachery. Takeda was instantly marked for death once the news reached the Lin Kuei headquarters.

Homiro
Status- Lin Kuei Grand Master
Alignment- Neutral
Allies- Lin Kuei
Foes- Shirai Ryu

- The Grandmaster of the Lin Kuei, betrayed by a former clansman founding his own clan, Homiro seeks to destroy the traitor Takeda. Homiro doesn’t just plan to kill Takeda, he plans to exterminate any last reminisce the Shirai Ryu possess. The Lin Kuei’s sacred knowledge shall remain sacred.

Sarahi
Status- Lin Kuei Assassin
Alignment- Neutral
Allies- Lin Kuei
Foes- Shirai Ryu

The Lin Kuei is a clan of elite assassins, only the best are chosen. Before coming into the Lin Kuei, Sarahi was a mastermind thief, bankrupting many villages. Her failed attempt of robbing the Lin Kuei is what caught the eye of the Lin Kuei Grand Master Homiro in the first place. She was given two choices, join them or be marked for death. She made a wise decision.

Drahmin
Origin- Earthrealm (Prussia)
Status- Warlord
Alignment- Evil
Allies- Shang Tsung
Foes- Ark

- Drahmin had it all, he was rich and powerful, he even had a small army to command. But one thing he feared was losing his status. One night, Shang Tsung visited the exhausted warlord, telling him what he already was suspecting, his army was crumbling. Drahmin knew he couldn’t afford to fend off his village forever, one of these nights, a larger army was going to strike leaving nothing left. Drahmin and Shang Tsung advised a plan, to stop funding his army and remain the good guy in the eyes of his allied kingdoms, Drahmin was going to have all but his best cavalry wiped out and start anew.

Ark
Origin- Earthrealm (Prussia)
Status- Knight
Alignment- Good
Allies- Raiden
Foes- Drahmin

- Ark was assigned a special assignment from his warlord Drahmin, fending off knights of invading kingdoms at a distant location. Ark took his best cavalry and searched the land for most of the night, but to no avail. Returning to his station early the next morning, all they could see left of their kingdom was ashes. Drahmin returned riding on horseback, Ark seen Drahmin had a disgruntled look on his face seeing all the damage of their former kingdom. Drahmin told Ark the invading knights arrived late last night when they were out, and that he shouldn’t dwell on what had happened, these barbarians were bound to strike sometime.
sitebender
About Me

Test your Mortal Kombat trivia with 6 levels of difficulty: http://sitebender.deviantart.com/art/Mortal-Kombat-Trivia-Generator-75305107

12/19/2006 04:48 PM (UTC)
I do absolutely love this idea. I did a screenplay for a writing class based on my idea. The only real differences were Shang Tsung was in the Neatherealm as a demon and made a bargain with Shinnok to be granted passage to Earthrealm to gain his own power. In return, he would send souls of Earth's greatest warriors to Shinnok to amass an army to invade Earthrealm. Shinnok loved the idea, but did not trust a demon, so he granted Shang the power with one condition, he would rapidly age if he did not get soul after soul.

I had a similar cast of characters as you do too smile Your cast of characters is more diverse than mine, because mine was strictly Eathrealm warriors that had no idea the other realms existed, until Shang Tsung's victory.

It is a great idea.
Lone_Wolf
12/19/2006 11:46 PM (UTC)
Cool Shang Tsung idea, it never really is mentioned how exactly his curse came to be.

With these bios, even though they’re short, I tried to make sure there were no loopholes.
Sub-Zero_7th
12/20/2006 01:09 AM (UTC)
It's an interesting concept. It's sort of like taking MK: Conquest, turning it into a game, but having a more accurate story.

One thing I should point out is Drahmin. I'm pretty sure he was from Outworld before his banishment to the Netherrealm.
XiahouDun84
12/20/2006 02:30 AM (UTC)
Sub-Zero_7th Wrote:
One thing I should point out is Drahmin. I'm pretty sure he was from Outworld before his banishment to the Netherrealm.

Far as I know, they never specified where exactly Drahmin was from before he was sent to the Netherealm. It only said he was a warlord from 500 years ago.

I like this as an idea for a prequel. Bios are good and nice to see every character's place timeline-wise is accurate.
Sub-Zero_7th
12/20/2006 03:20 AM (UTC)
Hmm, it seems that I misread his backstory. I had thought he was from Outworld, but it simply says that he was feared and famed throughout the empires of Outworld after his transformation into an Oni. My apologies.
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.