In his human form, Smoke was a lethal assassin working for the Lin Kuei. But when they decided to automate their ninjas, Smoke is caught in the middle. He became a cyborg assassin, whose human form would exist as a memory forever more.
Spear: Back, Back, Low Punch.
Teleport Punch: Down, Back, High Punch.
Air Throw: Block in air when next to airborne opponent.
Combo 1: Low Kick, Low Punch.
Combo 2: High Punch, High Punch, Up + Low Punch.
Combo 3: High Punch, High Punch, High Kick, Back + High Kick.
Combo 4: High Kick, High Kick, Low Kick, Back + High Kick.
UMK3 Fatality: (Close) Run, Block, Run, Run, High Kick.
* Fatality 1: Forward, Forward, Back, Run
* Fatality 2: (Half Screen Away) Run, Block, Run, Run, High Kick.
* Animality: (Half Screen Away) Forward, Forward, Forward, Back, High Kick.
Babality: Down, Back, Back, Forward, High Punch.
* Friendship: Down, Forward, Forward, Forward, Run.
Stage Fatalities: Forward, Up, Up, Low Punch.
* Brutality: High Punch, Low Kick, Low Kick, High Kick, Block, Block, Low Punch, Low Punch, High Punch, High Punch, Block.
Winning the tournament enables Smoke to escape his artificial body. He then devotes his life to study the fighting skills of his counter part ninjas: Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Reptile. Withouth Warning Smoke once again vanishes...
He retreats into the hidden forest to continue his study, and will remain there until he has perfected the skills of the remaining ninjas and can compete in Mortal Kombat 4.
Before his transformation into a cybernetic ninja, Smoke was one of the Lin Kuei's finest ninjas. It was during this time that he came to know his greatest ally - Sub-Zero. When the Lin Kuei decided to automate their warriors, the two attempted to escape. While Sub-Zero successfully eluded capture, Smoke did not.
He would become a robotic nightmare, his soul trapped inside a living machine. In his human form Smoke was a fierce warrior. In his mechanical body he is even more lethal. But his true form is that of a human, one he'll know again only in dreams.
* These finishers can't be performed in the arcade version of UMK3.