Update on www.noob.com and possible solution to the riddle
posted05/08/2008 01:45 AM (UTC)by
_RaptoraS_
(UPDATE 03/09/08)

Now it has a countdown widget !!!! I was right yesterday that I told you It was a countdown but I was wrong about the update date. see here I think the answer to puzzle with the moon and the earth is the distance between them. It is 384,403 Km. So the countdown counts 38 days the first 2 digits of the distance. Anyway if you download this widget you can have it on your desktop and if
you go to the countdown settings (right click on gadget and then preferences) you can see that it has event title ANSWERS date: 17 APRIL 2008 and time: 3.00 PM So at 17th April 2008 at 3.00 pm we will see something! It has begun.

(UPDATE 03/12/08)

The dot after the word NOOB has been replaced by a MK dragon logo. We all know now that at 17 April '08 we will have news related to the next gen Mortal Kombat . Credits goes to the user cek12345 for finding this one.

As you can read to Cyberdog's Theat you can see that Midway's gamers' day is in mid April. So at this event we will get information and see for the first time the new next gen Mortal Kombat. Credits go to Shinomune, cyberdog and JAX007 who discovered where the presentation of the new MK will take place.

(UPDATE 03/13/08)

With the help and the link provided by Cyberdog I figured out what these symbols are and mean. These symbols are called Trigrams, and are related to various aspects of the Taoist world, such as the Elements, the Seasons and Compass Directions. Here we are going to examine the season relationship. The earth symbol is called K'UN and is related to early autumn. Moon symbol is called K'AN and is related to the season of winter. As you can observe you can see that the letters are mirroring as they are above a lake. The symbol of lake is called TUI and it is in the middle of the the phrase noob.com. The TUI symbol is related to the AUTUMN season. So if you put them in one line K'UN-TUI-K'AN you have EARLY AUTUMN-AUTUMN-WINTER. It's a timeline!! The MK dragon logo is betwwen AUTUMN and WINTER. So this is an ecrypted message that simply says: MK8's release date is between autumn and winter (ofrcouse this year according to cyberdog's link find and to S-A-M666's link find ). And because mk logo is closer to the moon (winter) I would say it's coming November 08 as Ed Boon said in his last interview.

(UPDATE 03/17/08)

Boon added the number 238,868. This number is obviously the distance between the earth and the moon in miles. That's all for today. That's where the reasonable human mind should stop. But it has no fun. We want more right? So let's search it a bit deeper. As we all can see except from the people who are colorblind, the number 8 that is icluded 3 times in the whole distance number, is colored red and it forms the number 888. This number represents the number of Jesus. It's funny I know but it does. Because if you take the word Jesus, and translate it in Greek you have ΙΗΣΟΥΣ = Ι + Η + Σ + Ο + Υ + Σ = 10+8+200+70+400+200 = 888. This is an ancient Greek method, the method of LEXARITHM.
A=1 Ι=10 P=100
B=2 Κ=20 Σ=200
Γ=3 Λ=30 Τ=300
Δ=4 Μ=40 Υ=400
E=5 Ν=50 Φ=500
F=6 Ξ=60 Χ=600
Ζ=7 Ο=70 Ψ=700
Η=8 �a=80 Ω=800
Θ=9 Q=90 (ΣΑΜ�aΙ)=900 -this letter is called sampi and is not including to the keyboard cause is an ancient Greek letter- Also many of you may not be able to see the Greek letter because you haven't installed the gr input language. The letter "pi" also cannot be seen here.
See more HERE So does this mean that jesus coming in 32 days? No, I don't think so.I think the 8 represents mk8 and that will be first shown in the midway gamers' day - 17 April 08. But it was fun to mention it though. Another interesting thought is cyberdog's theory that talks about a new hero fighter that he will replace liu kang in this tournamet. His exact words are:
It is indeed the distance from the earth to the moon but are you ready to have your minds blown by this bit. 888 is a biblical reference to jesus christ. 666 is the anti christ. Bibal revelations say that after the end of days or armageddon as its also known christ will return to earth to lead the survivors against the darkness. Its a biblical reference. A new savior will emerge to combat darkness during mankinds darkest time.

Let's see what else we have got here. If you move the three 8s you get 2 3, 6 . The number 6 is particularly the number of man and his works. As for 23 you can see the movie with jim carrey - The number 23- which is based to several books written about this number. Here's an interesting LINK If take a better look you can see that it is also a date 23/6 -> 23 June. So
1 possibility) maybe we will take futher information for the game at this date
2) June 23 is the 174th day of the year (175th in leap years) in the Gregorian SOURCE link Calendar, with 191 days remaining so 03/15/2008 + 191 days -> 22 Semptember 08 -> release date? I think it is too early.
3) 236 days remainig -> 6 November -> release date -> It's possible
4) it means nothing
5) something else.
The choise is yours. I choose 6 November 2008 .
I would like to close with another interesting theory:
The Check's calculation theory -> 238,868 divided by 888 = 268 268 divided by 30 = 8.9 maybe 8.9 means almost 9 months till mk8 is released.
That 's all I had to add. Maybe you find it silly maybe you find it interesting maybe we are wrong maybe we are correct. All it matters is that we enjoy it and we try. I would like to give credits to Shinomune, cek12345, Check and cyberdog

(UPDATE 03/21/08)

Added a couple of eyes under the m. And the word "GREA" under the no.
(UPDATE 03/22/08)

Noob.com updated again. The 'eyes' are now below the coutdown. Above the coutdown is 'Answers' and a yellow 'pulse' type line connects the moon and the earth. Credits to cek12345 .

What it means? only boon knows... The only thing I can think of is that boon telling us the MK franchise will become alive again and will reget all it's glory (if we take that this pulse is a heart pulse). The certain thing is that we will get our answers at 17 April 2008 and a first glance at the new istallment of the best fighting franchise of the planet!

(UPDATE 03/24/08)

This time the kreator of MK added 4 animals. A Rhino, an Aardvark, a Gorilla and an Elephant. If you take the first letters of the animal you get the word RAGE. Boon had hinted before this word the same day he added the eyes. He had put the word GREA. if you change the order of these letters you also take the world RAGE. Why Boon keeps mentioning this word? Is this word included to the new name of the brand new MK title? Is this game built with the word rage in the minds of the developers like God Of War? Is this game too dark and includes rage and anger in it? Or is it something else? Another theory is that these animals represent characters of MK depending on their animalities. If this theory is correct we have Kabal, Noob Saibot, Reptile and Rain. Will these 4 come back? We will get answers in 22 days. Another theory is that Johnny Cage will be in MK8 because if you play the subway station level on MKA you will see a poster named CAGED RAGE and has johny's picture. So maybe it has a connection with this.Credits to Code-EM41_25, hwoarong, NinjaX, Shinomune and TheSoulOfErmac.
(UPDATE 03/28/08)

Numbers under the first and last animal added divided by fullstops. The first number is 06.18.05.05 and the last is 11.12.15.19.5. If we put letters in numbers places we have: F.R.E.E ______ _______ K.L.O.S.E. Because MORTAL COMBAT is written MORTAL KOMBAT we have : F.R.E.E _______ _______ C.L.O.S.E. So we have to wait for the 2 middle words to have the full sentence. Credits to Bleed and BigHeadAl

(UPDATE 04/01/08)

The numbers 20.15.21.03.08 added under the images of the aadvark and the gorilla. It is the word TOUCH. So till now we have FREE TOUCH KLOSE. And if we tranlate the image of eyes to a word we have. SEE FREE TOUCH KLOSE. With this he means that we will be able to touch freely, play and see from close the new MK soon . So the next gen MK will be in a playable state at Midway's Gamer's DAY . Also Boon added a hidden message at the bottom of the page wich says:

" It is with deep regret that after over 20 years with Midway, I will be leaving as of today to pursue my dream of becoming a chef. I will never forget the incredible experience I've had with such an amazing group of talented people" smile

Boon ispired by the hero of the movie Ratatouille made his 1st April Joke. Just highlight it to reveal it. Credits to cloudscollide, Poto2222.

(UPDATE 04/05/08)

Boon updated his site by inserting a crossword puzzle with numbers. The classic tactic is to put letters in nubers using the method we said before. Trying to solve the puzzle we got these words:

Now, Lets, Read, line, See, Free, Rage, Klose, Story, Evolve,Crime, Odd, Rain, Island, Sea, Sweden/Eden, Spear, DNA, Love, Victim, Bait, Venom, Turn, Around, Fool, Finish, Her, Dead , Leda, Tear, Lied, Help, Freeze, Sleep, Deep, Dream, Teleport, And, Evict, Grow, Age, Dark, Cave, Ant, Rat, Life,Tree, Home, Cat, Net, Tod, Rot, Dot, Won, Ace, Kombat, Mode, One, Arcade, Peer, Two, Online, Perspective, Bleed, Vegas, Wii, Slim.

The certain things are that a new MK is coming out for Wii .
Also MK8 has online feature .
Credits to Mick-Lucifer, Porto2222, TheSoulOfErmac, Garlador..

(UPDATE 04/1808)

Noob.com updated today with a blury picture of scorpion and the words down embargo lifts tomorrow.

This is the last update I do in the main post of this threat because I don't want to spent time writing news about this sissy MKvsDC piece of crap. Also it's pointless because Boon was giving pointelss clues that were leading nowhere except the clues LIED and FOOL.

Adam Ronin
03/09/2008 05:50 PM (UTC)
HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

finally something exciting and mysterious.
skillz
03/09/2008 06:11 PM (UTC)
hmmm...finally...something!!!!
nice :) ,

and the page ist still registered by Ed Boon

Administrative Contact: Boon,
Ed edboon@XXXXXX.COM
Midway Games 2727 W Roscoe Chicago,
IL 60618 US (773) XXX-1000
fax: 999 XXXXXXX

Record expires on 09-Nov-2011.
Record created on 10-Nov-1997.
Database last updated on 9-Mar-2008 13: 51: 45 EDT.

lets hope all this DC/MK stuff was fake!!! :)

MK-DA
About Me

03/09/2008 06:26 PM (UTC)
Nice find neighbor! Hope this is MK related.
Seb-Star
About Me

Formaly known on MKO as crash-kid.

03/09/2008 06:52 PM (UTC)
YAYYYY

I really hope theres something other then that leaked teaser thats on youtube, if it is real I hope we get a little bit more stuff in the so called teaser so it shows a bit more, also some screens grin
Sanjei1
About Me

03/09/2008 06:54 PM (UTC)
HELL YEAH!!!!
I am Excited on what will happen. grin
XTREEMIST
03/09/2008 07:40 PM (UTC)
MK-DA Wrote:
Nice find neighbor! Hope this is MK related.

Nah, I'm thinking it will be some news on Tekken 6.
MK-DA
About Me

03/09/2008 07:57 PM (UTC)
You never know.. wink
Onaga
03/09/2008 08:15 PM (UTC)
I'll believe it when I see it.
again sorry for the negative tone
Sub-Frost055
03/09/2008 08:19 PM (UTC)
The END OF THE WORLD is coming... I betcha... yeah.... heh heh... end of the WORLD is comING!!! And we'll all die! Muhahahaha. Five bucks says that the website is active again.

CHEERS for DOMINATION!grin
PANOS_SOFOS
03/09/2008 08:25 PM (UTC)
Ela re Raptora mpravo re su pou to vrikes! Nice find man thnx ;)
illu§ion
03/09/2008 08:25 PM (UTC)
MortalKombatde Wrote:

There is no way Midway will be able to obtain copyrights of all the DC characters just look how long EA struggled and eventually failed.
outworld222
03/09/2008 08:27 PM (UTC)
Its funny, because I checked noob.com 5 minutes before Raptoras post and it was the earth and the moon sign. Weird.
ShaolinChuan
03/09/2008 08:45 PM (UTC)
OMG, this is exciting lol. But damn, 38 days is a long time :"(
XTREEMIST
03/09/2008 08:58 PM (UTC)
ShaolinChuan Wrote:
OMG, this is exciting lol. But damn, 38 days is a long time :"(

Especially if you're starring at a count down...............

I suggest living on with your lives, go play some sports since the weather is getting warmer. Then before you know it, when you go back to your computer there's only 11 days left. You'll be back to cleaning the MK-induced jizz off your keyboard agian.
illu§ion
03/09/2008 09:05 PM (UTC)
...lol. Someone still has their swagger. ;)
outworld222
03/09/2008 09:11 PM (UTC)
illu§ion Wrote:
MortalKombatde Wrote:

There is no way Midway will be able to obtain copyrights of all the DC characters just look how long EA struggled and eventually failed.

Good thought. Whomever said this thing will be a vs game is truly out of their minds. After all, there is a new Street fighter game, so it can't be that.

And DC is out of the question. It's just so obvious this thing is not a vs game.
Ninjakata
About Me

Life is a journey. Enjoy it.

03/09/2008 09:26 PM (UTC)
I can recall Capcom doing some sort of countdown thing on their site before releasing that teaser for Street Fighter 4. This is getting more exciting because 37 days form now we may possibly have info on who survived Armageddon. I can anticipate that some will be very happy, and some will be extremely pissed. Cant wait to see what happens.
McDaniel
About Me

Creator of John the MK Janitor.

03/09/2008 10:49 PM (UTC)
Its probably just a count down untill the other O turns into something.
jpetrunak
03/09/2008 10:55 PM (UTC)
I just hope they got with an alternate reality / alternate time line story, that will retro con Armageddon. Armageddon's storyline was the most tacked on, last minute ho hum storyline ever, and it really killed the universe for me.

That games story reminded me of when a TV show runs its series finale, and ending it with the old "it was all a dream" , or "it was a story within a story" type endings.

Just take the story back to its darker roots like the original trilogy.
Garlador
03/09/2008 11:06 PM (UTC)
jpetrunak Wrote:
I just hope they got with an alternate reality / alternate time line story, that will retro con Armageddon. Armageddon's storyline was the most tacked on, last minute ho hum storyline ever, and it really killed the universe for me.

That games story reminded me of when a TV show runs its series finale, and ending it with the old "it was all a dream" , or "it was a story within a story" type endings.

Just take the story back to its darker roots like the original trilogy.

"it really killed the universe for me."

... Ironically, isn't that EXACTLY what they wanted to do? Kill most everybody off and start over? Lol. (I know what you meant, but I just found the comment ironic.)

That being said, this countdown will either be something really good (a sweet trailer, promo website, renders, etc.) or something really lame ("teaser" trailer, something vague, something we already know, or Zebron...)
firesnake
03/10/2008 12:20 AM (UTC)
I'm happy we finalyy got something usefull. I just hope i'm not disappointed with whatever news.
RaginRep08
03/10/2008 12:32 AM (UTC)
I can't see how it would be Tekken 6 news, because Midway or Boon has nothing to do with it. Tekken is by Namco, not Midway. Secondly, wtf is up with "Zebron" anyway? It would never become an actual MK character. As far as noob.com/countdown is concerned, it is a puzzle of some sort and an interesting thing. I too am getting excited, but not enough to wet my noodle (sarcasim). I took a good look at the earth and the "moon" and compared them. I think that the "moon" is really just a negative pic of the earth. As they say, "whatever anyone thinks it is...that's what they see".
EagleClaw4
03/10/2008 01:19 AM (UTC)
so then was there any significance to the 2 silver balls that were on the site before?
Pages: 18
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.