Create a Special Move for a character! What are your ideas?
posted01/28/2011 06:28 PM (UTC)by
Jaded-Raven
Alright, this thread is about taking a character from the new Mortal Kombat and then you come up with a special move for that character. Be creative and write down your ideas.

Here's an example.
I would like for Jade to have more kicking moves, seeing she's got those long gorgous legs. I think it would be cool if she got a handstand-spin kick, somewhat like B. Orchid's Flik Flak from Killer Instinct or Chun Li's Spinning Bird Kick from Street Fighter.

Or maybe an upwards spin kick. There aren't many of the Mortal Kombat characters who have special moves that are good against opponents jumping towards you, unless you jump yourself or time an uppercut perfectly. Again, Chun Li from Street Fighter has a fitting move I'd like for Jade to make use of.

Perhaps make it simpler like Cammy's Cannon Spike.

If you could add a special move to a character, would it be?
Fatherdeath
01/20/2011 11:55 PM (UTC)
Nice ideas. Here's my suggestion:

If Quan Chi is in this game from the start or as DLC I think they should make more use of his necromancer powers. For example he could summon skeletons like in the MKA intro, or he could use his skeleton wall as a defensive power against projectiles.
Jaded-Raven
01/20/2011 11:58 PM (UTC)
Fatherdeath Wrote:
Nice ideas. Here's my suggestion:

If Quan Chi is in this game from the start or as DLC I think they should make more use of his necromancer powers. For example he could summon skeletons like in the MKA intro, or he could use his skeleton wall as a defensive power against projectiles.

I would definately like to see Quan Chi make use of those. Quan Chi is a sorcerer, but his only magic special move is his skull projectile, so making him use more of his necromantic powers would be optimal for him.
colt1107
About Me

Anarcho-pirate

01/21/2011 12:02 AM (UTC)
Best Created thread in awhile. I have no ideas because I have no imagination but there are a lot of characters that are lacking in special moves. Especially the women Sindel excluded. Mileena's specials are very bland for the most part as you can tell in her gameplay trailer. I know she seems to make up for it with speed and impressive combos but I'd like to see some more flare in her special moves.
Jaded-Raven
01/21/2011 12:07 AM (UTC)
colt1107 Wrote:
Best Created thread in awhile. I have no ideas because I have no imagination but there are a lot of characters that are lacking in special moves. Especially the women Sindel excluded. Mileena's specials are very bland for the most part as you can tell in her gameplay trailer. I know she seems to make up for it with speed and impressive combos but I'd like to see some more flare in her special moves.

Exactly the reason I made this thread. :P
A few characters like Mileena have only three special moves (though it seems she's gotten one more this time around, the one where she jumps the opponent and bites him in the neck) which I simply think isn't enough for a modern fighting game! 4-6 moves should be the minimum of special moves for each character in my opinion.

The reason I chose to use Jade in my example, well, besides she's my favourite character, is that she only has four moves, maybe three if Kitana keeps the teleportation move which she stole in MKvsDCU.

And this gives you guys the chance to be creative while we wait for the game's release. ^^
Sindel18
About Me

<a href="<a href="<a href="

01/21/2011 12:16 AM (UTC)
I think those kicking moves are more suited for Sonya then Jade, But i would like her to have some speacial moves with her spear, and i always thought her green kick was really hot like acid so maybe she could kick her opponents with the green glow and it burns them too.
Thibideau
01/21/2011 12:43 AM (UTC)
Stryker- Riot sheild- Basic anti-projectile move. Doesn't need to reflect it back but neutralize it. Could also be used as a charge move if he doesn't get his baton slide throw back.

Semi-automatic pistol improved- Goes for a head shot, or auto aims for where the opponent is(Crouching, or Mid-air).
AcidSpitter93
01/21/2011 01:10 AM (UTC)
I guess it's not so much a special but a throw. I would like to see Reptile have a move that makes use of his tongue. I think it pays respect to his classic fatality plus would be sweet as hell. Like maybe wrap it around their throat, slam them once or twice then throw them behind him for one direction and for the other direction he could pull them onto a forceball or something
johnnycage77
01/21/2011 02:12 AM (UTC)
I think Johnny Cage should have a shadow Kombo, kind of like Tavens fire combo in Armageddon.glasses
johnnycage77
01/21/2011 03:13 AM (UTC)
Or he could have a shadow counter (if he doesnt already) where when they attack he blocks and smacks them back.
unleash_your_tounge
About Me

"Life, for all it's anguish, is ours Miss Ives. It belongs to no other." - Ferdinand Lyle

01/21/2011 03:40 AM (UTC)
These are all characters that, imo, are in need of new/more specials.

Smoke (human & cyborg) - He lunges toward the opponent and dissipates into smoke, confusing them. Then reforms behind them following with a punch, kick, x-ray, etc..

Rain - Rain Dance. No, really though...Variation/upgrade of his MKT projectile...He summons a whirpool vortex kind of thing in front of him, and it draws the opponent in for a free hit.

Ermac - He has plenty, I'd just like to see this. Think Rain's MKT projectile. He grasps the opponent with his powers, brings them to him for a free hit.

Noob Saibot - Clones, clones, clones.

Sektor - I was thinking something along the lines of another chest cavity projectile...hmm perhaps he opens his chest cavity and spews 10-15 small, needle pointed um...stakes? Metal toothpicks? (you get the idea)...at the opponent.

That's all I got atm.
Jaded-Raven
01/21/2011 08:09 AM (UTC)
There are some pretty nice ideas so far. ^^
Keep it up guys.
colt1107
About Me

Anarcho-pirate

01/21/2011 11:26 PM (UTC)
Sub-zero- ice hands- it's a chargeable move in where you can see his hands freeze up. After he freezes his hand for a short period he would unload two big haymakers that cause 15 to 18 percent damage. But it's easily blockable and should be used after he freezes an opponent. IDK if y'all like it but I'm trying to be creative. Kabal- Xray- he takes his hook knives and impales each shoulder one at a time. He stretches his arms forward to create distance then pulls the opponent toward himself headbutting and breaking the jaw of his opponent. He creates distance again then brings the opponent back and drives his knee or foot into the chest breaking the sternum. The hooks come out and the opponent falls on his knees to the ground. I do like this idea.
scaryharpy
01/22/2011 03:59 AM (UTC)

In homage to MK2, I would like Jade to have a brass projectile (razor-rang or whatever). It would look so much better than that purple purple projectile.

She could throw the projectile like Kitana tosses her fans. I can see her throwing a forward and up projectiles but she would have to be in the air to throw a down projectiile.

Someone once suggested she should have a staff of carved jade (or look like it). I think that would look better than the purple staff.
acidslayer
01/22/2011 04:08 AM (UTC)
sub - zero's spike punch/spike kick. sub - zero forms a sharp iceacle onto his fist to punch the crap out of the opponnet. sub - zero forms an iceacle on the tip of his foot and kicks the crap out of you.
.........................................................................................................................................
scorpion's spear spin. scorpion whips out his spear and spins in a circle hitting anything in his path.
.........................................................................................................................................
reptile's tounge sweep. reptile takes his mask off and sticks his tounge out in the form of a c then sweeps the opponnets feet from beneath them.
kitana's fan slap. kitana whips out her fans and slaps the taste right out the fighters mouth.
jade's staff extend. jade extends her staff jabbing 3 times. each time the staff extends out a bit farther.
sonya's backflip bycicle kick. sonya turns her back on the opponnet then performs a back flip but halfway through the flip she pulls a bycycle kick.
hope you enjoyed.
Jaded-Raven
01/22/2011 04:28 AM (UTC)
I actually made my handstand spin kick for Jade as an UMK3 animation.
I posted it in the fan submission section, and you can find it here:
http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/forum/showmessage.cds?id=129882

You guys have some nice ideas. Keep those inspirations coming. ^^
etchaSKETCH
01/22/2011 04:45 AM (UTC)
Scorpion: an air-spear, throwing the spear diagonally downwards to grab the opponent for an aerial slam afterwards.

Smoke: sandman inspired moves obviously involving smoke. Like a punch, kick, or a cannon-ball type of charge involving smoke and/or fire since without fire, there will be no smoke wink.

Raiden: definitely needs more electrical moves like electrifying the ground to stun the opponent.

Quan Chi: necromancer moves as mentioned above. He needs oni inspired moves since he was an oni at one point. I'm thinking a move like the flying spirits from the villians playing that string instrument from 'Kung Fu Hustle'

Jax: His arms need to turn into "inspector gadget" like contraptions. Use your imagination.

Reptile: How about a move that involves his tongue? He can reel you in with his tongue or even trip you up or grab you while your in the air.

Goro: how about a four arm fire ball? Four fireballs at once.

Sindel: a move where she grabs you to fly you into the air to slam you down.

Stryker: a stun grenade or even a tear gas type of move.

Ermac: a move where he telekinetically grabs you by the throat to choke slam you down.

Nightwolf: a move where the form of a wolf forms around him to attack you. or a smaller variation of the light from the sky.

Cyrax: a part of his body (forearm and hand) detaching from him to rocket towards you as kind of a projectile.

Sektor: small missiles raining down to form an explosive path of fire or a small napalm like attack.

Shao Kahn: i just want him to be faster and to utilize his hammer more. Like slam the ground and a wave of concrete/earth comes rolling towards you.

all i can think of for now.

Dragonkeeper1982
01/22/2011 04:52 AM (UTC)
I agree with Mileena really needing a new move, would like to see her get a falling pick move similar to Maya in KI2/KIG.

Noob Saibot needs his clone powers to be used more and return with his blackhole on the ground that move's a one-of-a-kind

He should summon a clone instead, and depending on which button you chose similar to Liu Kang's Cartwheel move in MKvsDC, will do 4 different moves and also a super version of each.

quickly summons clone close to him (front):
a. MKT style - releases clone and they catapult opponent twards him
b. tosses clone similar to Venom's Fang move in MvC2 at an arched angle making it different than Kano's cannonball as an impacting projectile
c. clone does a similar crawl like that of Reptile in MK4 was kinda creepy
d. Cancel/Fake
Super Version - could be a ricochet ball

quickly summons clone far away from him:
a. makes clone fall through blackhole onto opponent's shoulders and they leg-scissor them twards him into an air launch attack
b. clone borrows Reiko's flipkick that juggles opponent back to him
c. clone hold - simply holds the opponent in a full-nelson for 5 seconds
d. Cancel/Fake
Super Version - could be an uppercut juggle back-and-forth and again with him and his far-away clone
01/22/2011 05:25 AM (UTC)
Let's see...

MILEENA: Seductive Betrayal
Mileena grabs the opponent by the ankles and yanks him/her to the ground. She then stands seductively, only to stomp the opponent's crotch in the end.

REPTILE: Skull Crack
Reptile grabs the opponent's head with his hands, then bashes his head against the opponent's three times, and leaves the oponnent to a stunned fall.

RAIDEN: Shocked and Confused
Raiden teleports to switch places with the opponent, then after a second's passed, he shoots a bolt of lighting at him/her.

SUB-ZERO: Wind Chill
Sub-Zero grabs the opponent and tosses him/her into the air. He then leaps into the air himself, and flipkicks the opponent to the fan end of the arena at high speed.

ERMAC: Knee by Force
Ermac uses his telekinesis to shove the opponent through the ground, leaving only the torso and above visible. He then speeds forward and knees the opponent in the face with enough force release him/her from the ground.

JAX: Mega Missile #1
Jax mega punches the opponent, sending him/her flying to the far end of the arena.

JAX: Mega Missile #2
Jax uppercuts the opponent, then mega punches him/her, sending him/her flying to the far end of the arena.

JAX: Mega Missile #3
Jax lifts the opponent by the neck, punches him/her her in the face twice, then mega punches him/her sending him/her flying to the far end of the arena.

JAX: Missile Backfire
Jax mega punches the opponent with enough force to send both him and the opponent to opposite ends of the arena. Both players lose a fair amount health.

JADE: Calling the Birds
Jade wields her staff in a circular motion with her right hand, landing multiple blows on the opponents head.

SINDEL: Inevitably Deaf
Sindel breathes in heavily, moving the opponent towards her. She then screams loudly damaging the opponent greatly.

SHAO KAHN: Hell Before Remorse
Shao Kahn grabs the opponent by the neck and choke slams him/her to the ground, dealing a great amount of damage. He then slides the opponent to the far end of the arena, giving him/her a chance to recover.

Are those good?

acidslayer
01/22/2011 03:28 PM (UTC)
cyrax's oil deploy. cyrax shoots out some oil from his arm onto the ground. opponnet walks on it slips and falls.
sektor's dreadlock attack. sektor swings his dreadlocks towards the opponnet smacking them.
cage's shadow sweep. cage perfoms his sweep but has the shaddow effect along with it lounges before it strikes.
baraka's ground blade flurry. baraka crawls towards the enemy and performs blade flurry but while laying down/crouching.
quan chi's freeze time. quan chi stops time to perform a free hit. basically what you saw in mk gold ending.
millena's nail spit. millena eats some nails and spits them out but as a special move instead of a fatality.
hope you enjoyed.
Jaded-Raven
01/22/2011 04:29 PM (UTC)
There are some really innovative ideas amongst here that fits the characters perfectly. I love it ^^
You guys done good.
acidslayer
01/22/2011 05:05 PM (UTC)
sindel's scream levitate. sindel puts her head down like she sad about something then screams which causes her to levitate for a few sec.
........................................................................................................................................
night wolf's double tomahawk throw. night wolf throws both tomahawks at the opponnet.
shinnok's skeleton flick. shinnok summons a skeleton hand that walks on two fingers then flicks at the enemy knocking them back.
nitara's wing smack. nitara smacks the opponnet with her wing.
jax hand clap. jax hand claps which causes wind to knock the enemy on there butt. similar to the hulks hand clap.
stryker's grenade's. striker can throw flashbang grenades,smoke grenades,explosive grenades and shrapnel grenades. it would be random every time you perform the input. just to mix thing up and keep it fresh.
hope you enjoyed.
SmokeNc-017
About Me
art by fear-sAs
01/22/2011 06:14 PM (UTC)
Sektor:
Chest Laser:
Shoots a across from his chest plate across the screen. Can't be jumped over, you have to duck or block it.

Reptile:
Triangle dive kick
Reptile flips backwards onto the top edge of the screen before doing a missile drop kick down onto the opponent.

Cyrax:
Hover bomb:
Cyrax shoots a bomb out of his chest that floats in the air instead of rolling on the ground.

High Hover Bomb:
Used more as an anti air attack, Cyrax shoots a bomb out of his chest and has it float at a jump height.

Mileena:
Flip stab
Mileena flips forward with sais extended and jams both of them into the opponent's shoulders.

Scorpion:
Flip kick
The flip kick that Scorpion had in Deadly Alliance.
Tekunin_General
About Me

Twitter~Facebook~Youtube~~~~~PSN: Casselman/LockUpYourBones
01/22/2011 06:23 PM (UTC)
Given Sektor's 4 missile moves, TWO of which are homing missiles. I would like his straight missile's upgrade to be:

-Sektor - shoots a missile directly at the ground which then digitizes itslef and dissapears. The missile comes up UNDERNEATH the other character via digitization and upon hit, gives a popup in which he doesnt have to be right beside them. he can then utilize his ranged tactics.

-Scorpion - (im sick of people jumping spears)...Air Spear
unleash_your_tounge
About Me

"Life, for all it's anguish, is ours Miss Ives. It belongs to no other." - Ferdinand Lyle

01/22/2011 06:28 PM (UTC)
Casselman Wrote:
-Scorpion - (im sick of people jumping spears)...Air Spear

Well played, my good chum.
Pages: 2
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.