*15th Update* 22 fan-made Jade animations + 3 other animations
posted05/19/2011 01:09 AM (UTC)by
Jaded-Raven
First I want to apologize about how sucky they look. XD
I am not a master sprite- or animation maker. However, I was inspired by FrozenWorm's thread where he's done some great animations. In a thread I made on the Mortal Kombat (2011) forum, I encouraged people to write down their ideas of giving the characters additional special moves. As an example I suggested that Jade would get a handstand spin kick.

You can see the thread here:
http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/forum/showmessage.cds?id=129848

Anyways, I felt like actually giving Jade such a handstand spin kick move, and it evolved into me doing several other animations. I've made my own versions of her old moves as well as added another special move (inspired by Frost89's words), so I played around with some sprites and animations and this is the result:

Razor-Rang: I made the "boomerang" triple-bladed and gave it a green trail.

Blazing Nitro Kick: Instead of having her glowing and smoking green, I made it like her MKD version with a green trail instead.

Sliding Nitro Kick: Here's a variation of the Blazing Nitro Kick, but a slide instead.

Diving Nitro Kick: And another variation, this time an aerial dive kick.

Rapid Nitro Kick: This one is inspired by Chun Li's Lightning Kick from Street Fighter. (Gave it some more variation of kicks)

Flying Nitro Kick: Just a simple straightforward flying kick with a green trail.

Thrusting Nitro Kick: This is inspired from Cammy's Cannon Spike from Street Fighter series.

Dodging Shadows: Instead of flashing like crazy, being a hazard to people with epilepsy, I toned it down to fading into green and back again.

Vanishing Winds: Instead of having her spin around in green smoke, I made her vanish in a green flash and appear behind the opponent, making an axe heel kick, like Kitana in MKvsDCU.

Vanishing Winds (2): This looks more like her actual Vanishing Winds move, and with an added axe heel kick. Up to you to decide which one looks the best. ^^

Vanishing Winds (3): Regular Vanishing Winds with no axe heel kick, and a tad faster.

Aerial Vanishing Winds: And here's a variation of Vanishing Winds where Jade reappears in the air and makes the axe heel kick.

Backflip Kick: After Frost89 suggested this move, I couldn't help but making it. :P (I've edited it to make the landing look a bit cooler and tweaked it to go less towards and more upwards instead)

Backflip Nitro Kick: I've made a new variation of the backflip kick with a green trail this time. You decide which looks best. ;)

Handstand Spin Kick: This was the first animation I made, and the most difficult one to make as well. I think it turned out well though. :)

Aerial Spin Kick: The Handstand Spin Kick, but without the handstand. It appears alot more Chun Li'ish this time around and I think the animation looks smoother on this one as well.

Cannon Drill: This is Tanya's special move, and also the special move of one of my other favourite characters, Cammy from Street Fighter. Thought I'd make it for Jade as well.

Kinetic Staff Slam: Inspired by her AOE attack from MK: Shaolin Monks where she jumps up and slams her staff into the ground.

Ultra Combo/Brutality: I am a big fan of the Killer Instinct series and I think that game has the coolest combo-gameplay. One of the finishing combos is called an Ultra Combo, somewhat like MK's Brutality. Here's one for Jade and it's supposed to be a 20 hit combo - the Backflip Nitro Kick gives three hits in this. (A big file, so give it time to load)

Ultra Combo/Brutality 2: A variation of the above Ultra Combo, but with the new Aerial Spin Kick instead of the Handstand version. (A big file, so give it time to load)

Double Fan Throw: This is Jade using Kitana's fans and throwing them at the opponent. I will at a later point turn the fans' colour into brass to match the ones Jade uses in MK2. ^^

Green Touch Fatality: Inspired by Jade's fatality in the old Mortal Kombat card-game. Again using Kitana's fans, but will change it to brass soon enough. You can see the card here:

Sindel Flying: By request of GauntletStorm I made a little Sindel animation of her flying up and vanishing.

Mileena Sai Slam: By request of Mileenaownz12345 I made a Mileena animation of her jumping up and then slamming her sais into the floor.

Johnny Cage's Flash Punch: By request of FrozenWorm I made a Cage animation of him doing a special move like Flash from MKvsDCU.

I hope you guys like it. ^^

(Thanks to FrozenWorm for allowing me to use some of his sprites in some of my animations. ^^)
unleash_your_tounge
About Me

"Life, for all it's anguish, is ours Miss Ives. It belongs to no other." - Ferdinand Lyle

01/22/2011 03:39 AM (UTC)
I dig it. :)
Don't fret, I'm awful with animations.
I think you did a really good job. It's very fluid and I like the roll at the end.
Jaded-Raven
01/22/2011 11:52 PM (UTC)
unleash_your_tounge Wrote:
I dig it. :)
Don't fret, I'm awful with animations.
I think you did a really good job. It's very fluid and I like the roll at the end.

Thanks for your compliment. ^^
The part that was hardest to make was making her spin around like that. I still don't find it as fluid as I'd wanted it to be, but oh well. :P
fedegita
01/23/2011 12:16 AM (UTC)
heaps cool, this should definitely get frozenworm's attention smile
Jaded-Raven
01/23/2011 12:24 AM (UTC)
fedegita Wrote:
heaps cool, this should definitely get frozenworm's attention smile

Oh, if he could make this animation even better and smoother, I would be ecstatic. :P
I love his animations.
tabmok99
About Me

For the most in-depth, in-detail, Mortal Kombat lore analysis vids, there's only one source:

https://www.youtube.com/tabmok99

01/23/2011 12:51 AM (UTC)
This was very well put together. FrozenWorm is the man, but I'm not sure this gives much to improve upon :)

As a side note, I would point out this move seems very Chun Li-esque.
Jaded-Raven
01/23/2011 01:18 AM (UTC)
]{0MBAT Wrote:
This was very well put together. FrozenWorm is the man, but I'm not sure this gives much to improve upon :)

As a side note, I would point out this move seems very Chun Li-esque.

That's probably because I was inspired by Chun Li's Spinning Bird Kick move. ;)
Thanks for the compliment. ^^
Kamionero
01/23/2011 01:23 AM (UTC)
I like it a lot! cool animation, and great idea.
Jaded-Raven
01/23/2011 01:46 AM (UTC)
Kamionero Wrote:
I like it a lot! cool animation, and great idea.

Thanks ^^

By the way, I have updated the animation. Look above to see. ^^
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
01/23/2011 02:59 AM (UTC)
Noticed this in your sig and thought it was really neat.
Cool concept, well executed. Great job!
Frost89
01/23/2011 05:51 AM (UTC)
i think this attack is perfect for jade, she always strikes me as the more agile/light of the three female ninjas. I'd love to see her do a backflip kick or something too
Jaded-Raven
01/23/2011 05:15 PM (UTC)
Frost89 Wrote:
i think this attack is perfect for jade, she always strikes me as the more agile/light of the three female ninjas. I'd love to see her do a backflip kick or something too

I've actually thought of that as well, however, both Cage and Scorpion has a backflip kick, so I'm not sure if it would be cool if she got one too.
She already has one of Cage's moves (the Blazing Nitro Kick), so taking yet another would just seem cheap.
Frost89
01/23/2011 08:57 PM (UTC)
Jaded-Raven Wrote:
I've actually thought of that as well, however, both Cage and Scorpion has a backflip kick, so I'm not sure if it would be cool if she got one too.
She already has one of Cage's moves (the Blazing Nitro Kick), so taking yet another would just seem cheap.

That's too bad sad In that case I'd love to see her do more cool athletic attacks with her stick, like maybe using it as leverage to do a vertical kick or something? Jade has so much untapped potential as a fighter
Jaded-Raven
01/23/2011 09:50 PM (UTC)
Frost89 Wrote:
Jaded-Raven Wrote:

That's too bad sad In that case I'd love to see her do more cool athletic attacks with her stick, like maybe using it as leverage to do a vertical kick or something? Jade has so much untapped potential as a fighter

I've made a new update, adding alot of new animations. Also made the backflip kick, inspired by your words. ^^

I hope you guys like it.
unleash_your_tounge
About Me

"Life, for all it's anguish, is ours Miss Ives. It belongs to no other." - Ferdinand Lyle

01/23/2011 10:40 PM (UTC)
I really like the Vanishing Winds Axl Kick! Very nice idea and she should definitely have a move like this.
Good job and keep 'em comin!
Jaded-Raven
01/23/2011 10:46 PM (UTC)
I really like the Vanishing Winds Axl Kick! Very nice idea and she should definitely have a move like this.

I need some inspiration. I don't know what other moves would fit Jade.
I'm thinking of making her spinning staff combo from UMK3 into a charging move animation, but that's about it.
GauntletStorm
01/23/2011 11:38 PM (UTC)
Amazing!!!! Wondering if you could do one of Sindel flying? :) But your work is amazing.
unleash_your_tounge
About Me

01/24/2011 12:10 AM (UTC)
Jaded-Raven Wrote:

I'm thinking of making her spinning staff combo from UMK3 into a charging move animation, but that's about it.

I always thought Jade needed a special involving her staff. Something like Goku does in DBZ Budokai, she takes it out, it extends and smashes the opponet in the face, or chest giving her some distance. Not sure how to execute that with sprites though. At least it'd be a challenge! :D
Jaded-Raven
01/24/2011 12:20 AM (UTC)
GauntletStorm Wrote:
Amazing!!!! Wondering if you could do one of Sindel flying? :) But your work is amazing.

Just for you, I made this cute little animation. Hope you like it. ;P

Jaded-Raven Wrote:

I always thought Jade needed a special involving her staff. Something like Goku does in DBZ Budokai, she takes it out, it extends and smashes the opponet in the face, or chest giving her some distance. Not sure how to execute that with sprites though. At least it'd be a challenge! :D

I'm not really into the whole staff-extending idea. Goku from DBZ was inspired by the chinese legend of the Monkey King who had a staff that could extend, and I don't want Jade to be inspired by a monkey. XD

However, I think I have an idea how to execute something alike... I'll try and see what I can do.
scaryharpy
01/24/2011 12:23 AM (UTC)

Great work!

Instead of her flashing white or green, why not make her transparent when projectiles pass through her? I always wondered.

Could you make her projectile look golden or like brass?

Again, great work!
Jaded-Raven
01/24/2011 12:26 AM (UTC)
scaryharpy Wrote:

Great work!

Instead of her flashing white or green, why not make her transparent when projectiles pass through her? I always wondered.

Could you make her projectile look golden or like brass?

Again, great work!

I actually thought about making her Dodging Shadows transparent, however, making a transparent animation would mean I need a background, or else it wouldn't work.

And why would her projectile be golden or brass?
Kamionero
01/24/2011 02:27 AM (UTC)
Jaded-Raven Wrote:
scaryharpy Wrote:

Probably to give her that MK2 feel, where her fans where that color.

I like the teleport kick flash effect, I'd love to see her actually do the spin before vanishing though.

The projectile idea w the flash trail i like a lot! if you could make it a bit smoother it'd be prime!

The only one i dont really like is the backflip kick, the sprites dont really lend themselves to a jumping backflip, the sprites would need a bit of editing to make it more convincing
Jaded-Raven
01/24/2011 03:41 AM (UTC)
Kamionero Wrote:
Jaded-Raven Wrote:

Probably to give her that MK2 feel, where her fans where that color.

I like the teleport kick flash effect, I'd love to see her actually do the spin before vanishing though.

The projectile idea w the flash trail i like a lot! if you could make it a bit smoother it'd be prime!

The only one i dont really like is the backflip kick, the sprites dont really lend themselves to a jumping backflip, the sprites would need a bit of editing to make it more convincing

Thanks for your input, I really appreciate it. I too think the Backflip Kick looks a bit odd as it is now, I will try and make some corrections to it so it will look more believable.

In the mean time I made a couple more moves for Jade. Look at top post to see them. ^^
Frost89
01/24/2011 07:50 AM (UTC)
I wonder what Jaded-Raven's up to ...

holy mother of jesus! wow

i love, love, love, all these attacks you gave Jade. Especially the backflip kick, thanks for making it!!

Look forward to seeing what you come up with next. Especially for Sindel
Jaded-Raven
01/24/2011 05:26 PM (UTC)
Frost89 Wrote:
I wonder what Jaded-Raven's up to ...

holy mother of jesus! wow

i love, love, love, all these attacks you gave Jade. Especially the backflip kick, thanks for making it!!

Look forward to seeing what you come up with next. Especially for Sindel

I wasn't really planning to do any Sindel animations, only Jade ones. The one I've made was a simple one for GauntletStorm. ^^
Pages: 4
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.