unseenwombat
04/11/2011 02:44 PM (UTC)
Okay, Smoke looks fairly good in-game.

I really wish I knew why they decided to make the versus and select renders of everyone, but especially him, look so bad though. His hair doesn't stick up like that, so why did they choose the render of him where it did?
queve
04/11/2011 02:49 PM (UTC)
I couldn't bring myself to see the Fatality.

I guess I want to keep it a surprise when the game finally comes out (or if its revealed in HQ later on).

His gameplay looks like a ton of fun and I'm most impressed and interested by his Smoke powers. He looks awesome!

This is the first time I've ever been so interested in Smoke.
jagro
About Me

04/11/2011 02:55 PM (UTC)
so...
after around a year of bitching, whining and more bitching about cut-point fatalities....
we finally have one that doesn't use it at all. a MELTING fatality no less. will have to see it in better quality of course, but....suddenly im thinking all the best fatalities are still to come.

great x-ray too, and his gameplay actually looks all right. smoke MAY still have hope as a good character wink
PaletteSwapped
04/11/2011 03:13 PM (UTC)
lol. Was right about the hair.
RocketBoy
04/11/2011 03:14 PM (UTC)
"This video is no longer available because the uploader has closed their YouTube account."

Damn. Having a life sucks.

Anyone save the videos?
rustytush
04/11/2011 03:17 PM (UTC)
RocketBoy Wrote:
"This video is no longer available because the uploader has closed their YouTube account."

Anyone save the videos?

here low res tho
Trini_Bwoi
04/11/2011 03:44 PM (UTC)
Why does everyone who puts up early footage suddenly close their account?!
KiShiDo
04/11/2011 03:46 PM (UTC)
But I want to know the anwer. Why his hair and pose look so absolutely like shit in the versus screen anc character select but a lot better in the gameplay.

Is it that hard to do NRS for a stand still pic?
Dontex
About Me

04/11/2011 03:48 PM (UTC)
Smoke is Dope....Ermac,Noob,and Smoke for the win...to bad there can't be three characters in tag like MvC3...cuz that would be a crazy team
ironman357thegod
About Me

bad kids, bad kids, whatcha gonna do sequel doesn't know what to do when he gets straight up shited by you.

04/11/2011 04:10 PM (UTC)
smoke looks dope as i knew he would
x1NF3RN0x
About Me

Frank West in Mortal Kombat? I wish! :)

04/11/2011 04:12 PM (UTC)
Trini_Bwoi Wrote:

I don't know? I remember when people got Halo Reach early and they posted all kinds of videos on it and their accounts are still open.
MKshizz
About Me

Thanks to MINION for the sig! My name is Ian, if you really care to know.

04/11/2011 04:24 PM (UTC)
rustytush Wrote:
RocketBoy Wrote:

Anyone save the videos?

here

low res tho

Thats my video. If you want me to I can post the original.
Demonshire
04/11/2011 04:33 PM (UTC)
Sub Zero and Smoke we're best friends in Lin Kuei. So in my copy of the game Sub will be Smoke's definite tag partner grin
TzarChasm
04/11/2011 04:35 PM (UTC)
It looks to me like Smoke's teleport punch is a low strike. That's going to wreak havoc on me because I have much slower reflexes to low attacks than I should admit. I already fear him. :(
Whiplash
04/11/2011 04:45 PM (UTC)
i dig his smoke bomb though, the one that works like Noob's wormhole. it'll tear up the crouch/blockers.
Nemesis316
04/11/2011 04:52 PM (UTC)
Words could not even begin to describe how pleased I am with that smokey mofo. Good work NRS!
Zmoke
04/11/2011 04:56 PM (UTC)
Chrome Wrote:
Ever since 1919 the national element of the Slovak National Council and the Hlinka party tried to lobby for autonomity and independence. The official idology of them being the same tribe is practically bullshit which alongside the Czech regime was called out by the Slovakians.

Our language is similar, yes, but it is not a dialect. Ethnically we are even more different. Hell, The Czechs themselves are still Czechs & Moravians.
Czechoslovakia throughout 1919 and 1938 was one of the ethnically the most diverse nations in Europe. In 1945 however came the mass deportation of Sudete Germans and Hungarians. Think on the scale of several 100,000 of people.

ONe of the reasons we went separate in 1993.9.1 is the fact that we are ethnically different and Slovakia desired total autonomity. Shame though, we had a killer hockey team together.

You indeed had one killer ice hockey team together that was almost unbeatable. Soon after your divergence, Finland won the ice hockey world championship in 1995, haha. But that was quite a milestone seeing that there are only five million people in here. Czech Republic alone has over ten million. Think about that. On topic, I'm glad that my all-time favorite fighter revealed to be the European i.e. Czech representer.

Smoke's Origins in Prague á la Double Helix

First of all things, I've got to say, that Smoke is stunning in gameplay! His storyline is also brilliant and his gameplay look is good too, and we still have yet to see his alternative costume. You can always update the looks and all but if the gameplay and story suck, there is not much hope. But when the gameplay (the most important) works - as it does - the character is safe. He will no doubt be one of my main fighters.

Gameplay > Plot > Looks

It seems that NetherRealm Studios tweaked Smoke's hair a little and possibly even darkened it, if you compare the video looks with the early jagged design. I never doubted Smoke but I admit that I did criticize his looks a little but there was a reason for that. His versus screen could have been a tad bit better but it's really just a cosmetic thing.

I have always seen potential in Human Smoke and I've been specifically a fan of Human Smoke since the day one. I'm glad that NRS has now utilized his potential, good work Ed Boon. Now, if you'll read to the original post in Human Smoke Reflections and the ideas at page 9, you will notice what ideas became true and what didn't. Smoke has really became a ninja-esque and unique fighter.

Scorpion is gold
Smoke is silver
Both rely in technique
Scorpion is pop
Smoke is underground
Scorpion is the fire
Smoke is the smoke
Both are ninjas with
nothing to lose
jeebus
04/11/2011 05:11 PM (UTC)
I agree that gameplay is important and that's what saved Smoke for me. Although if a character had god awful design...it would be hard for gameplay to redeem him completely. Luckily, my only real gripe was with Smoke's VS and select screen hair. I didn't HATE the leaked NRS pick but I'm still not sold on the hair. Luckily, that was the only downside. I like his metal plating and mask, so it isn't too hard to overlook the hair...especially since it doesn't stand up anime style. I'll still use his alt though ;)
OnagaJade
04/11/2011 05:17 PM (UTC)
Trini_Bwoi Wrote:

Because he is probably on the run from the police now.

How the new Mortal Kombat game leaked in Brazil before the release date

Apparently, the young Amazonian Kaleb Mayara is the first gamer to put his hands on the final version of the new Mortal Kombat game that will just be released for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 only on April 19.

The young man put a picture of himself with the game disc (reproduced above) and two low quality videos on Youtube, in one of them was the character Smoke, whose his movements had not been disclosed by Warner Games.

The news of the leaked game spread across the world through various games websites and blogs nationally and internationally. Now the only question that remains for everyone is: “How he did it?”

With just few information and some facts I could see, I can try to make a conclusion:

Kaleb Mayara is a young guy from Manaus city in the Amazon region of Brazil. The city was chosen in 1967 by the Brazilian government to be a free tax zone allowing foreign companies to assemble their products with low cost, selling more and generating jobs for the Brazilian people.

With the speed development of the gaming market in Brazil and abusive tax policy for the imported games, some companies decided to produce games for the Brazilian at Free Tax Zone in Manaus.

There are 2 major factories there. One is Sony DADC who produces Blu-Rays, where a good part of the movies that are released in Brazil come, and since the end of last year’s games also. Among the games that Sony has already produced in Manaus are Gran Turismo 5, Killzone 3 and Infamous 2.

Watching the video, just pay close attention to the fact that the disc is removed from a coverless box, a sign that the version it has leaked directly from the factory. Another important detail is the photo published on the internet where it displays the disc that marks the age recommendation (a huge number 18 marked on the disc) that is very different from that used regularly by the ESRB. In the corner of the disc is still possible to read the text in Portuguese: “All rights reserved”.

So, the final version of the game is just one of the copies in Portuguese that must have been stolen from a duplication factory as SONY DADC or any other that is producing the game.

For fans of the game on the internet Kaleb turned into a hero. As for game producers and the company Warner Games this is a major security breach that will bring trouble for many people. And for us game journalists is the fear to lose credibility of the game companies.

For a long time brazilian game journalists struggling to gain the confidence companies and producers. It is part of all our work have a good relationship with each of them, because this is how we have material to write our articles. That’s what pays our salaries.

As I got tired of saying here in this blog the gaming market is predictable because we have a chance to know in advance everything that will be released. The price we pay to have access to games and information in advance is our confidence and credibility. And in some cases, even considering all the rules is still very difficult to create a trustful relationship with all companies when something like this happens.

From personal experience, I’ve heard all kinds of excuses when asked for information, images or copies of service (samples). In some cases we are well served by companies such as Warner Games, Electronic Arts, Hudson, Konami, Ubisoft, Microsoft, Disney and Nintendo, but for a number of other companies we hear very often the famous: “For security reasons we do not send anything for Latin America and South America before the U.S. release.” That even though we need to work with Internet news that should be releases in portuguese at least in the same time as the north american websites, since a large part of the readers understand English language and read everything on north american websites first.

Link
Spider804
04/11/2011 05:25 PM (UTC)
Oh yeah, flip us the bird, why don't ya?
Dumbass. XD
DevilFearesMe
04/11/2011 05:51 PM (UTC)
I like Smokes gameplay, but i was not excited when i see it. But i'm so glad that finally Smoke has his own personality.

His X-Ray is not unique but the kick in the face saves it from being boring and is really brutal.

FINALLY!!!!! NO!!!!!! DISMEMBERING!!!! FAT!!!! Yeah i know.. capslock but i'm soooooo glad about it. It gives me hope that not every fatality is a head/arm/leg rip fatality.

By the way, his fatality looks fucking awesome. It fits him perfectly. Really good job, NRS.
Vomit
About Me

04/11/2011 06:17 PM (UTC)
Trini_Bwoi Wrote:

Because they are flagged down for Copyright Infringement, which often leads them to remove their videos. Once they get to a point where they are flagged down multiple times they are forced to close the account or get it permanently suspended. You'll see that a lot with Youtube accounts that upload gameplay videos of games that aren't released yet. Players who upload Street Fighter videos are always flagged and suspended.
SaurienDeity
04/11/2011 06:55 PM (UTC)
ello195 Wrote:
Is the bosses confirmed playable ? Btw smoke looks better than i thought, very cool

Still no news on bosses yet. Still all speculation. And I agree about Smoke.
Chrome
About Me

04/11/2011 07:06 PM (UTC)
OnagaJade Wrote:
Trini_Bwoi Wrote:

Because he is probably on the run from the police now.

How the new Mortal Kombat game leaked in Brazil before the release date

>Link

This man is the opposite of people wanting Tremor. He got Rigor Mortis in his right hand. Apparently you can get rigor mortis when your pre-eminent death is certified by rabid MK fans.

Seriously, what a tool.
ZeeDoctor
04/11/2011 08:00 PM (UTC)
Gameplay > Plot > Looks

That is VERY subjective.
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.