Official Cyrax Strategy & Combo Superthread!
posted12/27/2012 06:48 AM (UTC)by
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!

Cyrax is the funky disco robot with a groove straight from the distant future of 1984 and a fresh World Game Cup 2012 victory just added to his legend! Let's celebrate this highly skilled Motswana warrior recruited by the Lin Kuei by recruiting his natural fighting skills for our official strategy superthreads!

Discuss all your Cyrax strategy, combos, and moves in this thread!
[1 = FP :: 2 = BP :: 3 = FK :: 4 = BK]

Basic Attacks
Yank - Away + 1
Uppercut - Down + 2
Blast Overhead - Away + 2
Tooth and Nail - Toward + 2
Side Kick - Away + 3
Hop Kick - Up + 4
Sweep - Away + 4

Chain Combos
See Saw - 1, 1, 1
Steel Fists - 1, 2, 1
Power Plant - 1, 2, 3
Mustard - 2, 1, 2
Saw Enough - 2, 2, Toward + 1
Kombat Boots - 3, 3, 4
Cyber Beatdown - Away + 1, 2, 1, 2 [Press Rapidly]

Fast Tags (Tag Mode)
Automation - Away + 2, Tag

Tag Combos (Tag Mode)
Number Cruncher - Away + 1, Tag
High Tech - 1, 2, Tag
Short Circuit - 2, 1, Tag

Special Moves
Bomb (Close) - Away, Away, 4
Bomb (Medium) - Toward, Toward, 4
Bomb (Far) - Away, Away, Toward, 4
Net - Away, Away, 3
Teleport - Down, Away, 1 [Aerial]
Buzzsaw - Away, Toward, 2
Reverse Kick - Down, Toward, 3
Ragdoll - Down, Toward, 3, Throw [Press Immediately]
Anti-Air - Down, Toward, 1 [Juggle]

Finishing Moves
Buzz Kill - Toward, Down, Toward, Away, 2 [Close]
Nothing but Net - Away, Down, Away, Toward, 1 [Jump]
Stage Fatality - Down, Up, Block [Varied]
Babality - Down, Toward, Away, 2 [Jump]

Threads for all the other characters will come soon. Please do not create new threads for them. Official superthreads will be easily accessed via the sticky menu.

So, what Cyrax tips you got guys? Throw 'em down!
Unknown265
02/21/2012 10:47 PM (UTC)
I don't play Cyrax much, but I have learned some things by watching Cyrax players kick my fighter around. After using a net in a combo and juggling your opponent, throw out an EX Bomb, then spew a medium bomb from your chest cavity and net your opponent a second time in the combo for a near-unescapable reset.

Mine reaction whereupon this technique was performed on me:

WHAT THE HELL?!?! These Cyrax players keep figuring out new ways to wreck sh** up!!
totheark
02/21/2012 11:59 PM (UTC)
I'll share what little I know about this character.

His Human form has a safe teleport. His buzzsaw is an overhead. EX Ragdoll starts off as a low. His gameplan is a net and a dream. You can trick opponents by doing 2,1 then instantly going to 1,1, - .

That's all I got.

Nephrite
02/26/2012 07:22 PM (UTC)
His Cyber Beatdown chain combo is actually a command grab and it gives him a safe jump-in.

It's good to drop the last hit of his juggle combos on purpose in exchange for a bomb to set up traps.

Don't get hit by a net and avoid the bombs when you fight against Cyrax. Also, be extra careful with your meter management, save it for the breakers. If you get caught in a net and you expect Cyrax player to use the enhanced bomb to juggle you, it is sometimes good to use the breaker after he does the enhanced bomb, that way your total meter disadvantage will end up -1 instead of -2 at the cost of some extra damage.

His pokes seem to be very good too.

Overall, I play Cyrax just for fun here and there. I never studied his gameplay properties, this is all coming from my experience of playing as him casually and fighting other Cyrax players (online).

smile
Spaceman
02/27/2012 01:53 AM (UTC)
Non Meter combos:
-JIP, 2, 1, net, NJP, B2, dash, 121 air grab or rag doll kick for like 35% damage.
-JIP, 2, 1, net, JIP, 121 ragdoll kick and throw for a very easy to do 33% (i think thats the damage at least)

Some no meter, non guaranteed bomb set ups i use:
-2,1, net, jip, 121 medium bomb.

-If net catches them in the air i teleport to the other side and do a medium bomb as soon as i appear (which normally is the duration of time it takes to do a bomb after a net, sometimes u may need a slight hesitation before doing the bomb) and then dash in and do 2,2 which will push them onto the medium bomb. after the bomb pops them up i do NJP, b2, dash, 121 air grab.

-JIP, 2, 1, net, NJP, B2, medium bomb, dash in 2,2 onto medium bomb, when medium bomb pops them up--NJP, B2, dash, 121 air grab. NOTE: opponent can do a wake up attack to get out of this set up, but use that to your advantage, dash in and block and then punish their wake up if possible.

Guaranteed Reset:
JIP, 21 net, JIP 21 En Bomb, medium bomb, slight dash canceled into 123 close bomb, back dash and catch with net so they stagger onto close bomb, NJP, B2, dash, 121 air grab. roughly 75% damage.

***NOTE: to a beginner this might look way harder than it actually is. break it into separate steps and practice from there. Most people have trouble with slight dash into 123 close bomb. I fuck up there all the time and straight up don't even try for this combo if the lag is super bad. The trick tho is doing the 123 when they are about shoulder height or a little under because if they're too low they won't be popped up by the medium bomb and if they're too high the 3 part of 123 will wiff and they'll miss the bomb.

-sometimes after the "B2, dash" part towards the end i follow up with 2, net (net will hold them in air because of reset), teleport to the other side, dash in and wait for the second they land to do the command grab, which then allows me to dash in and mix them up. You can also wait for them to land and do a 3,3 net to get another combo or cross them up if you expect them to try and break or poke out of the command grab.

Regular bnb for 60%
JIP, 21 net, JIP, 21 EN. bomb, medium bomb, uppercut (opponent will land on medium bomb and be popped up), NJP, B2, dash, 121 air grab OR ragdoll but ragdoll isnt as consistent.

Wannabe Cyrax Vortex idea i stole from Mustard and simplified:
JIP, 2, 1, net, JIP, 2, 1, En bomb, medium bomb, uppercut, (wait for bomb to blow them into the air) NJP, b2, F2, net (second net will put them in stagger state), dash in and try for a command grab, or try and put them back in another net for another combo, or simply hit them with a block string.
****NOTE: This one is tricky and has been hit or miss for me. Firstly if u wanna make it even simpler switch out the F2, net with just 2 net, but i think the F2 MIGHT give more advantage but honestly I don't really know. Secondly this seems to vary a lot based on the height in which you hit them with F2, net. the closer they are to the ground the quicker it seems i am able to dash after the second net and catch them in stagger state. Thirdly, people interrupt me all the time or jump out, but a lot of people will just block or get caught by the string. All in all i need more practice with this one because i don't fully understand it yet.

My Go to corner bnb:
-2, 1, net, back dash, JIP, 2, 1, En. bomb, close bomb, 2,2 (opponent will be blown up by bomb), NJP (causes splat effect), close bomb, dash in and 3,3 to keep opponent on close bomb (but realize opponent can interrupt with wake up attack), NJP, B2, dash, 121 air grab.

Little Tricks to note
-F2 gives advantage on hit, but must be canceled into air grab because the second part of it will knock them across the screen. If i have my opponent in a net and don't have meter sometimes i will F2, air grab which causes them to stagger backwards and puts me right in front of them. From there the ONLY thing they can do is block so read your opponent. If they are not holding block you can hit them with a 3,3 into net, or if maybe they are block happy or wise to this set up you can go for a command grab. If you wanna play it say safe simply 334 or 212 or basically just finish any string.
-334 gives slight advantage on block. After this attack dash in and poke or d4 to dash in for a set up.
-121, D1, Ragdoll cannot be interrupted and is a very good block string as it is safe and a lot of the time you can catch people with another D1 ragdoll. However when i use this it can be a little clunky even with slight lag so i normally just do 121 ragdoll, and then D1 ragdoll, NJP, or air grab.
-in the corner after a 212 hits you can dash in for an uninterrupted 3,3 net or 334 depending on whether or not you think your opponent is holding block.

I'll post more when i think of it. I'll also try and add some stuff on his command grab which is IMHO the best thing cyrax has going for him other than the reset.
Nephrite
02/27/2012 11:37 AM (UTC)
Spaceman Wrote:
Little Tricks to note
-F2 gives advantage on hit, but must be canceled into air grab because the second part of it will knock them across the screen. If i have my opponent in a net and don't have meter sometimes i will F2, air grab which causes them to stagger backwards and puts me right in front of them. From there the ONLY thing they can do is block so read your opponent.

-121, D1, Ragdoll cannot be interrupted and is a very good block string as it is safe and a lot of the time you can catch people with another D1 ragdoll.

Oh wow, I didn't know about these lovely dirty tricks. Very nice! I'll definitely have to try these out.

glasses
Unknown265
02/29/2012 05:09 AM (UTC)
Researched the web for information on the differences between Cyber Cyrax and Human Cyrax:

Human:
-Teleport is safe in the reappearing frames.
-21 has slightly better reach and hitbox.
-Buzzsaw has bigger hitbox.
-121 can combo into Buzzsaw.
-His Buzzsaw has a slightly bigger pushback when blocked.
-In his 1,1,1 string, the last 1 has a bigger hitbox.
-His standing 1 has a better hitbox.
-His bombs have a shorter detonation time.
-The Midbomb can hit the opponent from fullscreen.
-Bombs roll farther.
-Slower Net.
-Better recovery on Net.
-X-ray has a bigger hitbox (1,2,1 can link into X-ray).

Cyborg:
-Responds better to bomb commands.
-If a bomb is already deployed, launches a second bomb faster.
-Faster Bomb recovery.
-Bigger Bomb explosion radius.
-Can teleport again right away after teleporting, Human Cyrax has to wait a second before he is able to teleport again.
-Faster Buzzsaw.
-Net is launched faster.
-Could possibly have a higher damage output.
Unknown265
08/14/2012 11:43 PM (UTC)
Spaceman has made a great contribution to the Cyrax Strategy & Combo Superthread.

Edit: No, no, no ,no, NOOOOO!!!!!!! I derped hard and posted in this thread when I should've posted in the Cyrax Help thread by Asesino. ;_;
TheDarkPassenger
08/26/2012 12:04 AM (UTC)
@Spaceman wrote up a great piece, I'll just add a larger reset (it's in the 80s)

2,1 xx Net, Dash Back, JIP, 2,1 xx ES Bomb, B+2 xx Far Bomb, 1,2,1 xx Close Bomb, Back Dash, Net, NJP, B+2, 1,2,1 xx Ragdoll

The reset occurs at the second net. On the Far Bomb, it has to come out perfectly as you recover from B+2. On the B+2, only the second hit can hit for it to work properly--experiment with different timings to get a feel for only the second hit popping them up.
GoobieDoob
About Me

Signature made by Zmoke

12/27/2012 06:48 AM (UTC)
The easiest way to play Cyrax is by continually doing this:

1) Bomb Medium
2) If they go toward, use Close Bomb/if they go backward, use Far Bomb
3) Any of the bombs can or cannot be enhanced
4) Use any Net
5) Jump Forward and kick, then Air Throw, then Ragdoll
6) Grab and pull
7) Uppercut

OR

1) Sticky Bomb . . . Sticky Bomb
2) Uppercut
3) If quick uppercut reaction code. . .
4A) jump toward and kick then uppercut
4B) Net and sticky bomb

Damage effects robots by a very small margine: Cyber has More Armor, but harder to play as; Human get bruised easier, but easier to play as
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.