The Super Smash Bros. 4 News & Speculation Thread
posted01/05/2013 07:57 PM (UTC)by
legoslayer10
About Me

For all you Nintendnerds out there, listen to my words!

To start this off, we can almost 100% guarantee all original characters are returning. And to kill a few dreams, it was confirmed that no new EarthBound/ Mother or F-Zero characters would appear, so no Black Shadow.

Next, this game is meant to be released THIS year, thanks to help from Namco. So predict a few Namco characters, or just one. (I personally don't think Pac-Man will be a character, but hey, it's speculation! Have some FUN!)

It was expressed that Sakurai does NOT want to put in many Third-Party characters. Mayba, MAYBE another two and Snake and Sonic return. Maybe Shadow the Hedgehog could get a good appearance.

Now, to my OWN speculatory claims, so get ready for insanity...

You may not remember, but the original Final Fantasy was a Nintendo-only game. So, Final Fantasy characters ARE a small possibilities. Along with this, Kingdom Hearts has also made a 100% accurate contract with Nintendo, so maybe, Sora and maybe Riku appear.

Some characters have guaranteed returns, virtually. Mr. Game & Watch, for example, is among the true classics of Nintendo. Same with Pit. Many characters are just Nintendo classis that would have to return.

For too long, Samus has been the ONLY Metroid character. Ridley was an unplayable boss. But Ridley could easily be re-sized (Like Sonic, Toon Link, Mario, Pikachu, Bowser, and a few other characters) to be about Charizard sized.

How could a Mii not be present at this point? Even just a minor assist or cameo would easily work.

I would absolutely LOVE to see some more Animal Crossing relations. Tom Nook is a great choice to me. He has axes, shovels, fishing rods with hooks, and many other things he could find in the stores. Could Mario survive a deadly butterfly-net beatdown, or could Link take so many rapid shovels to the calf?

I'm a Rising-Sun fan. How about some Isaac?

Wolf Link, he was a nice trophy character, but how couldn't you love him? But now that Twilight Princess died, we really can't look forward to him. Maybe Young or Toon Link take his place...

Megama. Nothing more needed.

Pokemon Trainer needs a good rival. My idea, though a trainer with Eeveelutions would work, is a Yu-Gi-Oh! duelist. Dark Magician + Buster Blader + Dark Flare Knight. Final Smash, Polymerization.

Now for the one ridiculous wish I hae just to have fun with that could never happen, a good appearance by Master Chief! I know it won't happen magically like with Snake, but wouldn't you just love to Spartan Laser Yoshi off of Temple? Or Gravity Hammer a Falcon-Punch masher off the stage?

Now for arenas;
Temple. Duh, it's TEMPLE.
Corneria. See above.
Final destination.
Battlefield
Shadow Moses Island, considering Snake were to return.
Green Hill Zone, see above.
The Dark Margin from Kingdom Hearts.
The Mii Plaza or Wii Sports Resort's hotel on Wuhu Island.
A Duel Stadium for Duelist.
Dragonspiral Tower to take the place of Spear Pillar.
Skyworld
SMB Lv 1-1
The Halberd
Some other returning stages.
Buildable Stages
Now for a special stage set. Virtually just upgrade SmashVille, but make it more referencial to Animal Crossing. Fight on the ground on a hilltop with a ciy overlook. Name it Bashtown. Only the name change because in actual Animal Crossing Games, you can't have a town name with more than 8 characters.

And as it turns out, it WAS announced that creatable characters ARE a possibility.
Body Types could be used to chape your character;
Mario Body
Ness-Lucas Body
Link Body
Zelda/ Peach body
Marth Body
Animal Body Types; Mouse, wolf, ape, monkey, fox, hedgehog
Round (Kirby)
Toon Style little
Toon Style big
Winged
Robotic/ Mechanical; SSamus body, R.O..B body (Maybe Master Chief body)
Primid
Olimar/ Louie
A Mii download
Dragon Styles; Ridley, Charizard
Sprite

Changable features;
Clothing
Hat/hair
Clothing
Weapon (less)
Fighting Styles
Build-A-Final Smash creator (Smackdown Vs Raw Create-A Finisher style)

So, I've given some news and will continue to update the masses on the next big Fighting Game coming around, assuming a Mortal Kombat isn't annouced. Make your own legitimate or crazy speculations and good ideas as you wish, and have some fun with it. Anything on your mind, I won't judge. I said Master Chief. You could ask for Mappy or the diggers in Dig-Dug or today's newest characters like Connor Kenway or Nightmare from Soul Calibur. Stages from a classic video game like Metroid or the Pit as we knew it in MK1. Have some fun with your stuff. And yeah, shoot down all the stuff I posted that you don't like as speculation as much as you want. Just express your ssb4 wishes, thoughts, and other opinions as you wish.

See Also; Smash Bros. General Superthread
KungLaodoesntsuck
01/05/2013 05:54 AM (UTC)
Already a Super Smash Bros. thread pal.
legoslayer10
01/05/2013 06:19 AM (UTC)
Huh. That there is. Thanks for giving me a link and everything. Some copy and paste magic and we got a nice, long-ass post over there!
(Erik)
01/05/2013 04:11 PM (UTC)
Where was it confirmed that there won't be a new F-Zero character?
legoslayer10
01/05/2013 05:28 PM (UTC)
In an interview with Sakurai, he stated a few things that WON'T be new in the next game, like few new 3rd Parties. I know, it made me sad, too. I wanted Black Shadow. Bad.
mkwhopper
01/05/2013 06:18 PM (UTC)
Heard it's coming to the 3DS and Wii-U.
I don't have a Wii U yet so the 3DS will do for now.
This probably won't come out for another year or 2 ._.
legoslayer10
01/05/2013 07:57 PM (UTC)
I don't know wether to get a PS Vita for MK9 or get a 3DS anyway, so it all depends on other stuff announced for it.

And I agree, even though it was said to come out THIS year...
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.