The Road to Wrestlemania XXIX (April 7, 2013)
posted04/10/2013 04:31 PM (UTC)by
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!

WWE Championship Match
John Cena versus The Rock (c)
The Undertaker versus CM Punk
No Holds Barred Triple H Pink Slip Match
Brock Lesnar versus Triple H
World Heavyweight Championship Match
Jack Swagger versus Alberto Del Rio (c)
Six-Man Tag Team Match
Randy Orton, Sheamus & Big Show vs The Shield
Tag Team Championship Match
Dolph Ziggler & Big E Langston vs Team Hell No (c)
Ryback versus Mark Henry
Chris Jericho versus Fandango
Eight-Person Intergender Tag Team Match
Tons of Funk & The Funkadactyls vs Rhodes Scholars & The Bellas

The hefty, meaty, delicious, much-to-discuss, biggest PPV of the wrestling calendar is on its way to taking shape. The Royal Rumble has passed, we believe we know the two major players heading in to 2013. Let's do this.

Royal Rumble Spoilers: (Highlight to reveal)
- The Rock d. CM Punk for the WWE title
- John Cena d. Ryback to win the Royal Rumble
SubMan799
01/28/2013 08:08 AM (UTC)
Rock/Cena/Punk
Lesnar/Taker
Ziggler/Jericho

There are your main events
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
01/28/2013 08:25 AM (UTC)
SubMan799 Wrote:
Lesnar/Taker

I hope so. Not expecting it. Even though, if they planned to pull anyone current, it's way too short to build it properly (especially if you buy into those Punk/Taker rumors).

At least nobody comes out poorly from the Lesnar match, you've got a wealth of history to build on, and you can maybe even pretend for a fleeting second that Lesnar is too strong for an increasingly weakened Undertaker.
KingBellsprout
01/28/2013 11:59 AM (UTC)
Nope. They are most likely going to do HHH Vs Lesnar part II.
legoslayer10
01/28/2013 12:46 PM (UTC)
TheNinjasRock071394 Wrote:
Nope. They are most likely going to do HHH Vs Lesnar part II.
Most likely. I, personally, was hoping for Cena vs. Taker, but, waht're you gonna do...
I actually see Ziggler losing his money in the bank because of waiting.
devilwithin
About Me
The boy kicked out at the world. The world kicked back a lot fuckin' harder.

MK Online Featured User 31/3/2010 12/4/2011
-----------------------Gifts-----------------------
Shinnok-fan64 - s3Kt0r
01/28/2013 12:53 PM (UTC)
Not happy that...

Spoilers: (Highlight to reveal)
Cena won rumble and The Rock won the title

So if I watch Wresltmania this year then it will be for Undertaker, Cm punk and The shield.
KingBellsprout
01/28/2013 04:04 PM (UTC)
It's being reported that Jericho is supposed to feud with Ziggler until Elimination Chamber and then turn heel and may possibly feud with Ryback for Wrestlemania. I don't see the sense behind that pairing but then again logic and WWE are never on the same page.
m0s3pH
About Me

Mortal Kombat Online - Community Manager

| Twitch | YouTube | Lawful Chaos |

Signature and avatar by ThePredator151

01/28/2013 09:13 PM (UTC)
This doesn't have much to do with Wrestlemania (yet) but someone on WrestleZone brought up the possibility that they run with an angle where The Shield's interference this whole time has been part of a conspiracy to take the title off of Punk. If this is what happened, it could have a huge impact on what's in store for Mania.

We're probably going to get Cena-Rock, HHH-Lesnar, Punk-Taker. Not because of any sort of great logic or booking, but because it's what will draw.
devilwithin
About Me

Shinnok-fan64 - s3Kt0r
01/29/2013 11:59 PM (UTC)
m0s3pH Wrote:
This doesn't have much to do with Wrestlemania (yet) but someone on WrestleZone brought up the possibility that they run with an angle where The Shield's interference this whole time has been part of a conspiracy to take the title off of Punk. If this is what happened, it could have a huge impact on what's in store for Mania.

That would be good story but let face it, wwe not that smart come up idea like that
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

01/30/2013 12:34 AM (UTC)
devilwithin Wrote:
m0s3pH Wrote:

That would be good story but let face it, wwe not that smart come up idea like that

Or they remember that these guys saved the title for Punk multiple times. Conspiracy is out; that would be beyond stupid. A last minute turn, or reveal that they've been working for The Rock and were somehow counting on the title strip stip... just too much to accept.

They're guilty of overlooking golden opportunities, but when they do, it's usually a crime of illogic -- a stupid swerve. They're not doing that. Cena won the Rumble, Rock won the title. We have an objective and we're using the formats to build it. Clean, simple, logical, effective. Muddying it would be a mistake. About the only twist that would add something: Cena heel turn.
SubMan799
01/30/2013 01:30 AM (UTC)
Well with Lesnar's contract extension I think I'll change my Mania predictions

Lesnar/HHH
Cena/Rock
Ziggler/Jericho
Taker/Punk
m0s3pH
About Me

Mortal Kombat Online - Community Manager

| Twitch | YouTube | Lawful Chaos |

Signature and avatar by ThePredator151

01/30/2013 01:36 AM (UTC)
Mick-Lucifer Wrote:
devilwithin Wrote:
m0s3pH Wrote:

Or they remember that these guys saved the title for Punk multiple times. Conspiracy is out; that would be beyond stupid. A last minute turn, or reveal that they've been working for The Rock and were somehow counting on the title strip stip... just too much to accept.

They're guilty of overlooking golden opportunities, but when they do, it's usually a crime of illogic -- a stupid swerve. They're not doing that. Cena won the Rumble, Rock won the title. We have an objective and we're using the formats to build it. Clean, simple, logical, effective. Muddying it would be a mistake. About the only twist that would add something: Cena heel turn.

Cena heel turn would wind up burying him because his merch sales would crater. Kids who don't know any better aren't going to want to buy a heel's t-shirts, and most who are on the up and up aren't buying Cena's stuff anyway. This wouldn't be the case if WWE didn't just push whoever was making the most money, but then again it's been that way for as long as I can remember.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

01/30/2013 07:50 AM (UTC)
m0s3pH Wrote:
Mick-Lucifer Wrote:
About the only twist that would add something: Cena heel turn.

Cena heel turn would wind up burying him because his merch sales would crater. Kids who don't know any better aren't going to want to buy a heel's t-shirts, and most who are on the up and up aren't buying Cena's stuff anyway. This wouldn't be the case if WWE didn't just push whoever was making the most money, but then again it's been that way for as long as I can remember.

Yeah. Not sure the match needs it, but if you were gonna add some unexpected twist -- that's probably the one to go with. Fills your time, but keeps it a clean, simple, logical marquee match.

As much as the t-shirt dollar argument seems sound, there's one circumstance that is slowly increasing in a heel turns favour and that's Cena's human physical shelf-life.

If you believe the rumors that he's in worse shape than anybody knows, his expiration date as a fulltime main event star will eventually come up. He's a limited guy already, his legacy may or may not be lacking in depth -- it could be a decision for the artform, or it might even be a decision that extends his usefulness.

With the unshakeable babyface persona he's had, there's probably never been a better situation to try to recreate the swing of Hogan's nWo turn. Like Hogan, the heel turn might actually win some people over again, especially if it's packaged and presented well. Just like nWo, they could conceivably recover those t-shirt sales (however unlikely).

If they went nuts and turned him for April, at the very least it would be giving Cena a really distinct Wrestlemania moment. Not just a wacky entrance or a super-cena win/build, but a fully fledged, legit, bonafide, memorable moment for all-time (if it played out).
legoslayer10
01/31/2013 03:21 AM (UTC)
A good heel turn could be along the lines of Cena paying the Shield to get Rock the title and try for revenge.
TheMkGeek
01/31/2013 06:19 AM (UTC)
I so would love to attend this live! Cineplex theaters is giving Scene members who purchase tickets to RR and EC a chance at two tickets to Mania
devilwithin
About Me

Shinnok-fan64 - s3Kt0r
01/31/2013 01:03 PM (UTC)
Mick-Lucifer Wrote:
m0s3pH Wrote:
Mick-Lucifer Wrote:
About the only twist that would add something: Cena heel turn.

Yeah. Not sure the match needs it, but if you were gonna add some unexpected twist -- that's probably the one to go with. Fills your time, but keeps it a clean, simple, logical marquee match.

As much as the t-shirt dollar argument seems sound, there's one circumstance that is slowly increasing in a heel turns favour and that's Cena's human physical shelf-life.

If you believe the rumors that he's in worse shape than anybody knows, his expiration date as a fulltime main event star will eventually come up. He's a limited guy already, his legacy may or may not be lacking in depth -- it could be a decision for the artform, or it might even be a decision that extends his usefulness.

With the unshakeable babyface persona he's had, there's probably never been a better situation to try to recreate the swing of Hogan's nWo turn. Like Hogan, the heel turn might actually win some people over again, especially if it's packaged and presented well. Just like nWo, they could conceivably recover those t-shirt sales (however unlikely).

If they went nuts and turned him for April, at the very least it would be giving Cena a really distinct Wrestlemania moment. Not just a wacky entrance or a super-cena win/build, but a fully fledged, legit, bonafide, memorable moment for all-time (if it played out).

I would be happy with NEW Cena gimmick because I hate superman gimmick. That or get Ziggler teach Cena how to sell moves.

The Shield idea could work. Vince McMahon hired the shield make sure Punk kept the belt until RR where Vince wants The Rock win because he bigger star than Cena and Ryback put together.
TheMkGeek
02/02/2013 06:28 AM (UTC)
People enough with the Cena heel turn, it ain't going to,happen, ever so let it go, sheesh lol!

I hate the guy to but even if he turned heel, which he won't, it still likely wouldn't matter to very many people
devilwithin
About Me

Shinnok-fan64 - s3Kt0r
02/02/2013 11:41 AM (UTC)
TheMkGeek Wrote:
People enough with the Cena heel turn, it ain't going to,happen, ever so let it go, sheesh lol!

I hate the guy to but even if he turned heel, which he won't, it still likely wouldn't matter to very many people

Their just sick of superman gimmick. If he doesn't turn heel then at lease give him new gimmick
Zentile
02/02/2013 12:23 PM (UTC)
Uh... there's a wrestling thread?
legoslayer10
02/02/2013 02:59 PM (UTC)
Zentile Wrote:
Kinda contradictory since this was created by our webmaster.

A Cena heel turn would add so much more character to Cena. Even if WWE did try for a heel turn in him, more people would like the idee of a new Cena.
I mean, look how long and how much it took for Punk's heel turn to be accepted.
KingBellsprout
02/02/2013 09:23 PM (UTC)
Zentile Wrote:

Mick-Lucifer Wrote:

Wrestlemania XXIX thread. Lets try to avoid flooding the forum with wrestling topics, but give a subject as big as Mania the room it deserves. Discuss, enjoy, prosper.

In case going back one page in the wrestling thread takes up too much of your time.....
Zentile
02/03/2013 12:38 PM (UTC)
legoslayer10 Wrote:
Zentile Wrote:

I guess you don't know what contradictory means.
Kind of bizarre since it's the first time it's been done, and we've been through bigger Wrestlemanias. Whatever, fine with me.
legoslayer10
02/03/2013 02:59 PM (UTC)
Zentile Wrote:
legoslayer10 Wrote:
Zentile Wrote:

I guess you don't know what contradictory means.
Kind of bizarre since it's the first time it's been done, and we've been through bigger Wrestlemanias. Whatever, fine with me.
Uh...
Contradictory is a simple word, pal. It means that two statements assert the contrary, creating an inconsistency of logic.
Basically, it means that having the webmaster make this thread (under circumstances of not overloading a broad topic with constant talk of one.) creates a thread of defined logic based on the purpose it was created for. You stating you (I'm assuming this is correct, based on your words) thought that this should remain in the wrestling thread was contradictory to the webmaster creating it.

Now to the topic at hand,
'mania wil: have at least 5 main events:
Taker Match (Punk, more than likely)
Triple H Match (Lesnar)
Cena v. Rock
Zig. v. Jericho
Celebrity match (assuming this would be main.)
KingBellsprout
02/03/2013 04:11 PM (UTC)
legoslayer10 Wrote:

Triple H Match (Lesnar)
Cena v. Rock
Zig. v. Jericho

Let's go through these.

1. It is uncertain if Taker will even participate at Mania and honestly he doesn't have to.

2. Triple H Vs Lesnar will happen which is a waste of Lesnar's matches in his contract and a predictable match.

3. Once In A Lifetime. Twice. Predictable ending here.

4. No. Jericho is set to feud with Ziggler until Elimination Chamber and then turn heel where it is said that he may feud with Ryback for Wrestlemania. The pairing of them doesn't make sense but unlike The Rock, Jericho is good as a part time guy because instead of getting the title, he puts over other talent constantly.

5. I hope not.
TheMkGeek
02/05/2013 05:50 AM (UTC)
TheNinjasRock071394 Wrote:
legoslayer10 Wrote:

Triple H Match (Lesnar)
Cena v. Rock
Zig. v. Jericho

Let's go through these.

1. It is uncertain if Taker will even participate at Mania and honestly he doesn't have to.

2. Triple H Vs Lesnar will happen which is a waste of Lesnar's matches in his contract and a predictable match.

3. Once In A Lifetime. Twice. Predictable ending here.

4. No. Jericho is set to feud with Ziggler until Elimination Chamber and then turn heel where it is said that he may feud with Ryback for Wrestlemania. The pairing of them doesn't make sense but unlike The Rock, Jericho is good as a part time guy because instead of getting the title, he puts over other talent constantly.

5. I hope not.

Agreed, but where'd u hear or read about a possible Jericho heel turn and that he may feud with Ryback?

devilwithin Wrote:
TheMkGeek Wrote:

Their just sick of superman gimmick. If he doesn't turn heel then at lease give him new gimmick

Yeah not likely
Pages: 4
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.