Ant-Man: The Movie (2015 film)
posted10/19/2015 01:51 PM (UTC)by
TheGame100gunzAndClips
been awile since i have been back on the good old mko forums and thought id bring some information for the marvel fans

Rumors Galore About Marvel's Phase 3 Movies
Report claims big things are ahead for the Hulk.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/04/rumors-galore-about-marvels-phase-3-movies

Ant-Man’ and ‘Doctor Strange’ will lead the charge for Marvel’s Phase Three
http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/ant-man-doctor-strange-lead-charge-marvel-phase-010729880.html

spoiler in regards to ironman 3
EXCLUSIVE: About That ‘Iron Man 3′ Toy

http://latino-review.com/2013/01/29/exclusive-iron-man-3-toy/

Jiro
About Me

Kung Lao/Smoke main. Maker of puns and bad jokes.

02/05/2013 05:25 AM (UTC)
Wow... phase two is going to be short
this years and next years phase 2 films are

this year

iron man 3 this may

thor 2 november 8th 2013

next year

captain america 2 next year

guardians of the galaxy 2014.
Coltess
03/01/2013 08:05 AM (UTC)
Oh please God don't let them destroy Hank Pym forever the public's eye in one awful movie.

I've been defending Ant-Man for years; but If this movie is crap...
coltess Wrote:
Oh please God don't let them destroy Hank Pym forever the public's eye in one awful movie.

I've been defending Ant-Man for years; but If this movie is crap...

not juging till i see the trailer and besides it cant be as bad as megan fox as april o neil in bats turtle reboot
Jerrod
About Me
MKO Moderator, Story Writer, Actor
Signature by Pred
03/01/2013 04:31 PM (UTC)
Still waiting on Black Panther...
raidenthefridge
About Me

Thanks to MINION for taking my Siginity!

03/03/2013 10:12 PM (UTC)
Just to clarify "Phase 2" is everything after Avengers up to Avengers 2? and Phase 3 from Avengers 2 to Avengers 3?
raidenthefridge Wrote:
Just to clarify "Phase 2" is everything after Avengers up to Avengers 2? and Phase 3 from Avengers 2 to Avengers 3?

from what i understand ironman 3 thor 2 captain america 2 and guardians of the galaxy are phase 2 wile antman avengers 2 and world war hulk are phase 3 wich lead into avengers 3

rumors have surffaced about the plot to avengers 2 so without spoiling to much i will say hulk fans will be happy
now this is pretty interesting

so maybe gotg is still phase 1 perhaps?

Guardians of the Galaxy’ Will Be a Standalone Film Set “95% in Space”; Phase Two Will Explore Different Genres

Despite the presence of characters like Thor and Loki, the Marvel Cinematic Universe has mostly been grounded in an Earthbound reality. But Phase Two seems to be taking a more otherworldly bent, with Thor: The Dark World and Guardians of the Galaxy on the table.

We’ve already seen how Marvel Studios does Asgard thanks to the first Thor, but Guardians promises to take us into a whole new corner of the MCU. According to studio head Kevin Feige, Guardians will be set “95% in space.” And yes, that means we won’t see much of the Avengers out there. Hit the jump to read his comments.

In a recent interview with SFX (via Comic Book Movie), Feige was asked whether “cosmic” would be a “fair description” of Phase Two. He responded:

I wouldn’t say that in a broad sense. The Thor film and the Guardians Of The Galaxy film certainly are cosmic. Guardians and Thor will take the brunt of the cosmic side of the universe, particularly Guardians, which is 95% in space.

Moving the action away from Earth could prove tricky — just see John Carter or Green Lantern for examples of what happens when outer space movie travel goes awry. But Marvel’s track record is a good reason to be optimistic.

Whereas all five films of Phase One came together in The Avengers, Feige added that Guardians wouldn’t be as integral to The Avengers 2.

It’s much more of a standalone film. It takes place in the same universe. And when we’ve been on the other side of that universe in other movies, you might see those characteristics in Guardians, but the Avengers are not involved with what’s happening out there at this time.

But outer space isn’t all Phase Two will be about. Feige’s also excited about the more personal focus of the other Phase Two films, and the opportunity they offer to experiment with the typical comic book movie mold.

I think Iron Man 3 shows the other side of Phase 2, which is delving deeper into the characters. Throwing them on a much more personal journey. And Captain America will showcase... What’s exciting to me about Cap – sort of about Iron Man 3 too if you look at it – is it’s tonally almost like a different genre. Shane Black’s described Iron Man 3 as a Tom Clancy sort of political thriller, which I like a lot. We hired our directors on Cap because they loved our explanation that we really want to make a ’70s political thriller masquerading as a big superhero movie. Just like with the first film – we got Joe Johnston because we said, ‘We want to do a ’40s World War Two movie masquerading as a big superhero movie.’ I love that we’re doing a sequel to a film that’s a completely different genre than the first film. I think that’s fun. And the comics do it all the time.

Setting up a single, cohesive Marvel Cinematic Universe was a wildly ambitious idea to begin with, and now that the gamble has paid off it’s great to see they’re not just resting on their laurels. Marvel’s drive to keep trying new things and exploring new worlds is what keeps fans excited, even after half a dozen films.

http://www.slashfilm.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-will-be-a-standalone-film-set-95-in-space-phase-two-will-explore-different-genres/
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
03/19/2014 05:51 AM (UTC)
- Marvel Studios: Assembling a Universe Unleashes New Phase 2 Art

A little bit of pictorial hype for those who haven't seen the test footage.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
03/25/2014 09:25 PM (UTC)
- Marvel's 'Ant-Man' Eyes 'House Of Cards' Star

"Stoll, best known for his starring turn on Netflix's "House of Cards," is in early talks to join the cast of "Ant-Man." The Wrap first reported the news, but has no further details on who Stoll might be playing. For all we know, he's playing Ant-Man; after all, there are already two Ant-Men in the mix, with Paul Rudd playing Scott Lang and Michael Douglas on board as Hank Pym. What's one more Ant-Man between friends?"

This means nothing to me, but we kinda missed the whole Michael Douglas bombshell. Anybody got feelings about that? I don't know that I expected an Ant-Man movie to tow the line, but pushing the character that far back in age is a bummer, if you ask me. Likewise, I'm disappointed he [according to reports] won't be responsible for the creation of Avengers 2 baddy Ultron, or the Vision.

Ant-Man gets a bad, Aquaman-esque rap at times, but in comics terms he's actually got a pretty loaded canon. Even without the Avengers, it can be surprising some of the villains introduced through him, and there were the 60s pint-sized adventurer days that remain the clearest indication this is a hero with solo potential. Creating Ultron -- one of the Avengers' greatest foes -- is obviously a big one, though. Seems a real shame to sell the guy short for the sake of alternate conveniences.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

04/06/2014 02:13 AM (UTC)
- Marvel One-Shot: All Hail the King's Matt Gerald Cast as a Villain in Ant-Man

Clip from All Hail the King shows Gerald's White Power Dave in action. Wonder if this means Ant-Man's gonna be swinging by Blackgate.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

05/24/2014 05:55 AM (UTC)
- Edgar Wright Leaves "Ant-Man" Film Due to Creative Differences

Marvel and Edgar Wright jointly announced today that the studio and director have parted ways on ANT-MAN due to differences in their vision of the film. The decision to move on is amicable and does not impact the release date on July 17, 2015. A new director will be announced shortly.

Dun dun dunnnnn! Probably a wonder he stuck around as long as he did.
RazorsEdge701
05/24/2014 07:22 AM (UTC)
Given the history of this thing, I'd be willing to bet the reason for the split is Marvel went "Are you going to actually MAKE this movie or what?" and he didn't have an answer.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

05/24/2014 09:07 AM (UTC)
RazorsEdge701 Wrote:
Given the history of this thing, I'd be willing to bet the reason for the split is Marvel went "Are you going to actually MAKE this movie or what?" and he didn't have an answer.

Marvel's bottom line as a studio is about controlling the content, brand building, and doing it under a tight budget. I'm not gonna say they suffocate their talent or treat them poorly, but the further we go into this thing, the tighter their grip is becoming, and the more expendable their hires are.

We know Marvel have changed the trajectory of the Ant-Man movie over the looooong course of its development and pre-production. I've got to believe there was plenty of frustration on Wright's part. Whether or not that prompted him to leave, or made it easier to jump when questioned... I dunno.

If Marvel gave him the arse, I can't imagine he was complaining (and not just for contractual reasons).
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

05/24/2014 10:34 AM (UTC)

A show of support?
Coltess
05/24/2014 12:40 PM (UTC)
Can I not care about Edgar Wright? Is that OK? I've nothing against him, I just want a good Ant-Man film- from him or anyone else.

Also, I seem to recall people complaining that Edgar Wright was entrusted with this film's place in the Marvel Cinematic verse. People were exclaiming that he would corrupt phase 3. When did he win everyone over? I've nothing against him; I loved the Cornetto trilogy, but really

RazorsEdge701
05/24/2014 05:12 PM (UTC)
Well my primary problems with his concept of what Ant-Man should be were A) that it didn't get made before Avengers, preventing Hank and Jan from being on the roster, which it's too late to fix now...B) that it won't get made before Avengers 2, preventing Hank from being Ultron's creator, which it's too late to fix now...and C) That the plot is "Hank is an old man who was a hero in the 60's, Scott Lang is the main character, and Jan is Hank's daughter and Scott's love interest"...which even with Wright leaving and script rewrites, I believe is STILL their plan for the movie since they're hoping to keep the script they currently have and find another director as fast as possible.

Granted that I love Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, Scott Pilgrim, and...well, At World's End was fun I guess. I'm not sure how I really feel about it overall, but I enjoyed seeing a quiet, depressing movie about old men on a pub crawl take a sudden swerve in the middle where a dude get Rock Bottomed onto a bathroom floor so hard his head comes off and blue shit squirts out...

...but Wright or no Wright doesn't affect my opinion of this flick much 'cause I feel like they kinda already missed the mark.

Mick-Lucifer
About Me

05/26/2014 12:06 PM (UTC)
Sometimes you have friends in a relationship. You love each of them dearly as individuals and think they're amazing people. When they talk to you about their troubles, you do everything you can to support them, to keep them together, because if you love them both so much doesn't it make sense they should love each other? But little by little you realize, at heart, they aren't meant to be together - not because there's anything wrong with either of them, but they just don't have personalities that mesh in a comfortable way. They don't make each other happy. Although it's sad to see them split, when they do, you're surprisingly relieved, and excited to see where their lives take them next.

It's easy to try to make one party "right" and another party "wrong" when a breakup happens, but it often isn't that simple. Or perhaps it's even more simple than that - not everyone belongs in a relationship together. It doesn't mean they're not wonderful people.

And that's true of both Edgar Wright and Marvel. One of them isn't a person, but I think you get what I mean.

- Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn blogs about Wright.
05/26/2014 12:25 PM (UTC)
I still can't believe Ant-Man got a film before Wonder Woman.
RedSumac
05/26/2014 10:47 PM (UTC)
Riyakou Wrote:

Well, after Quicksilver received TWO adaptions on the big screen in before Flash, I don't think anyone can be surprised by anything anymore. grin
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

05/27/2014 09:40 PM (UTC)
- Edgar Wright breaks silence with a silent "Selfie."

UPDATE: Edgar Wright has deleted his "Selfie" from his twitter feed ( As you can see the tweet embeded above doesn't work anymore and the source doesn't exits either.) It is still unclear what he meant by posting the "selfie" in the first place and the fact he deleted it will raise even more questions. Perhaps this was an efford to avoid burning bridges but unfortunetely once something is out there for eveyone to see it's pretty inpossible to undo.

Seems like a nice enough gesture. It really sours me that there's a need to tip toe around this kind of thing. To go as safe as a peace sign, and then pull it. I can understand Marvel's desire to smother the fire as much as they can and keep it out of the idea space - to move on and keep the focus on the property - but... I suppose it's just a shame you can't rely on the audience to have the honest truth and move on from it. The price of the human element can be very draining.

Just quietly enjoying the spelling typos in CBM's update, as much as anything, though.
RazorsEdge701
05/28/2014 01:15 AM (UTC)
Riyakou Wrote:

People always say that but honestly, is Warner being like a decade behind where their superhero movies should be really a surprise anymore?
Coltess
05/28/2014 11:57 AM (UTC)
Riyakou Wrote:

I can. I detest Wonder Woman. I'd rather a claymation Lois Lane movie be greenlit than a Wonder Woman movie.
Pages: 4
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.