MK10 Community Wishlist. Youre gonna want to check this out!
posted06/19/2014 11:02 PM (UTC)by
hankypanky1
This is a work in progress thread for forum member's suggestions for a possible Mortal Kombat 10. I CANNOT guarantee any Netherrealm Studios employees will be reading this, but you know how it is.

MK10 DLC Character Requests! Voting & Popularity (click this)

Features request:

Break into manageable parts. Leave your suggestions here. The sky is the limit.
Updated 01/06/14 (UK), 06/01/14 (USA)
=====Delay until 2015 to allow expanded features.
=====Full-size history of MK, all inclusive artbook! Character designs, unmade characters, stages, concepts! EVERYTHING!
=====Able to optionally use Street Fighter-style hold-back-blocking instead of Mortal Kombat-style Button-blocking in Mortal Kombat X. It wouldn't give anybody any advantages and would actually make you more vulnerable to crossups than in Mortal Kombat-style Button-blocking, because in Mortal-Kombat-style Button-blocking, attacks are blocked the same way whether the opponent is on the left OR the right, unlike Street Fighter
=====As cyborgs get more damaged, we see tiny sparks appear around them a little bit.
=====Personalized intro/outro dialogue based on character relationships.
=====Nimble characters to do Tricking/Team Tricking during cutscenes and during the fights for get ups after each round.

Click this

List of moves for reference purposes: Roundoff Arabian, Roundoff Back 360, Raiz, Chuck Up, Roundoff Back 720, Aerial, Frontflip, Webster, Backtuck, Side Flip, Kip Up, Cartwheel Back-Tuck, Kick The Moon, Corkscrew, Butterfly Kick And Twist, Butterfly Twist Swing Through, Butterfly Twist Vault, Parkour Roll, Dive Roll, Round Off, Cartwheel, Handstand, 540 Cresdent, 540 Kick, Backflip Jujimufu, Au Batido, Backflip, Backhand Spring, Cheat Gainer, Double Leg, Flash Kick, Single Leg, Tornado Kick.

=====Realistic Foot Planting - Inverse Kinematics With foot-planting and a robust next-gen animations engine, combined with motion capture, it will remove the canned animations in the game, you'll never see sliding feet, skipped animations, or repetitive jerky movements in MK. Athletes shift and move like real people instead of just hovering around a flat plane floating inside your TV or PC. Foot placement, along with accurate momentum, combine to bring the third trick to life.

Realistic Foot Planting - Inverse Kinematics

=====Using the cloud technology just like Forza, have the game be able to study your game play and essentially clone you and your skills into the game. Allowing you to play against cloned AI of yourself

=====Full theatre system including PANCAM for all game modes so you can watch with friends (have more than one person in your party) and you can use a mic when in or out of theatre mode. Evolve into a mode where we can edit it like a machinima, add special effects, and onomonopeas. Different Zoom Levels . Actual slow-mo. Rewind with left trigger. Mesh clips together. Group editing. Upload to youtube. Tag videos. More Camera Angles, the ability to adjust each camera angle to your liking. And have it show the gamertags of who was playing in that match. While this would be great to go back and rewatch great matches between you and other players, I'll admit that the main reason why I want this is to have proof when reporting someone that's using a hacked moveset or exploiting glitches. I'm running into these people so many times I'm starting to recognize them by gamertag. How is it that they haven't been punished yet? I can't be the only one reporting them, right? Well, with this feature, we'll at least have proof of what's going on and we can send it to the moderators so they'll know it's not just us trying to get someone in trouble for no reason. You send the video and say "Look. He's cheating. There's his gamertag. Handle it."

=====Alternate weather versions (separate stages you could pick) such as sunny, rain, snow, lightning, sandstorms, fog, blizzards etc and morning, day , evening, and night

=====Custom water. If Tekken can do it, MK can do it. Adjustable Depth, color, Temperature (icebergs and glaciers form when you make water cold, and bubbles and steam comes when you make it hot), Current/wave directions, and water flow speed (Stagnant water, or rivers moving so fast they kill you if you step in them). Ground is covered by water like the island stage from MK vs DCU to see the water change into a dark red with all the blood that was spilled throughout a battle.
=====3DCG intro. Two sides of the story in storymode! One from the Heroes perspective and one from the Villains. Everyone should get a turn. Keep the cutscenes, but please change it so that we're not stuck with one character for a chapter. It forces the writers to put a character in fights they don't need to be in. Add nameless mooks to kill in story mode rather than constantly fight Sektor, Reptile and Baraka etc. A policeman that a bad guy can kill and a tarkatan a good guy can kill etc.
=====Team Battle mode. Allows players to make teams of up to 8 fighters and battle against a friend or CPU. After one character is defeated, the next one in line replaces them. The winner of each match will stay on and receive a slight increase in health. The last team standing will be the winner.

=====Tournament mode. Up to 16 players can take part in online tournaments. Players can also organize and host their own tournaments and stream them.

=====1P VS CPU in Versus mode - so I can pick the opponent and stage I want (as opposed to just random opponents/stages in Arcade mode)
=====CPU VS CPU in Versus mode - So I can watch max difficulty CPU characters fight on a stage that I choose.

=====4K graphics
=====Friendship (finisher) especially now with the story mode that imposes several comradeship, you'd think that Jax wouldn't rip off Sonya's arms and smash her head, no matter how annoyed he is with her at the moment, etc.
=====More funny Easter Eggs.

=====Some sort of system where if you quit too many times it will put you on a probation period and not allow you to access online features.

=====Bring chat back, but add in a spam filter so if you're annoying it will just temporarily mute you.

===== Bring back Chess.
=====Spectator mode. Users can watch other fights in real time (or of course those that are uploaded) and vote on things like Fight of the Year.

===== Turn the announcer off or have the option to turn the volume down on it
=====A stage with a castle, red full moon and northern lights (sky).

=====Better matchmaking. Search for players based on their true skill rank, then you could search for players 'any skill', 'same skill' or 'higher skill' rank.

=====Subsurface Scattering. It makes skin look more realistic (same technique used in the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition).

=====Tressfx tech for the hair (freeflowing hair). Hair Smoke could look awesome with better hair physics.

Tomb Raider TressFX Hair: ON & OFF Comparison

=====Online Training mode. In this mode, players will be able to invite their friends to play with them in the training arena under practice conditions.

=====Costume preview on character select screen.

=====All characters unlocked from start. No progression based unlocks. At least, not ones that affect gameplay.

=====Stance change is useless, remove it

=====Search region specific. Europe, USA Central, USA West, USA East. No region lock for online modes. At least give us the choice of competing with our friends from the other regions on private sessions.

=====GGPO netcode.

=====Player status 'online', 'away' and 'be right back'.

=====Import Facebook friends.

=====Leaderboard stat tracking.

=====The connect section allows the user to create and join community groups. Groups are several people who share one similar interest (Such as Chuck Norris, for example) that play Mortal Kombat. This lets people meet new friends that share each other's interests. To join a group, the user simply has to add that group's group tag (i.e. #MKfans). The user is allowed to be a part of 20 groups at once. Popular groups will be showcased in Featured Groups. The user can also create and join clans. Unlike groups, the user must be invited by the clan leader to join the clan.
=====Track your Mortal Kombat performance with rich game statistics in Nekropolis. Highest damage combo, most hits, win to loss ratio with said character, etc..
=====Choose your destiny.

=====More attractive feminine faces. Unique body models.
=====Multitiered stages

Khrome Took this from Zmoke
=====A white ninja is missing in MK after more than 20 years but Khrome can fill that spot. Khrome with mimetic polyalloy (liquid metal) powers like the T-1000 from Terminator 2 and T-1001 from the Sarah Connor Chronicles. There are no white ninjas in MK currently so to make him look less like Smoke, u can make Khrome in white and silver, his skin should be like the Silver Surfer but with a ninja costume over it. Also Plasma grenade as one of his moves and look of grenade can be like logo of Google Chrome. The mask from Shinobi

Liquid Metal is really cool, look what it can do:

Click this

Here is a short clip of T-1001 (from the Sarah Connor Chronicles) showing how liquid metal is an awesome ability.

T-1001 Shirley Manson

=====Colour edit mode. Editing the colours of a characters outfit. Instead of having 10-12 preset colours, like SF4, you can change individual colours on a character from a larger selection of colours. So with, say, Ryu, you can set his gi colour, his belt colour, his gloves colour, his headband colour, even his skin and hair colours (UV colours)
=====Multiple layer tattoo creator. Like a tattoo creator with multiple layers that you can piece together.
=====Custom matches with certain handicaps e.g.
Option to disable the Super Meter, HUD, X-Ray attacks, blood, battle damage
=====Tag X-Rays. Stage Xrays. Although X-Ray moves are awesome, it’s weird seeing them done twice in the same round with SubZero freezing and cracking the same organ or someone able to fight perfectly after suffering a broken leg. Make them more “down to earth” and maybe only able to be done once a round. Also, some of the x-ray moves look like fatalities in and among themselves. I don’t think anyone could keep fighting after having Baraka shove a three foot blade through their eye socket.
=====Characters to use their abilities/theme in fatalities. Mix up the stage fatality endings. Instead of having the same animation for each character, (Someone falling of The Pit, landing on the same spike with the exact same organ being impaled and forced through the body.) we wouldn’t know how they would meet their demise. Maybe the character could miss the spikes entirely and smack into the ground. Maybe only their arm could hit a spike and be ripped off. The possibilities are endless and this concept couldn’t only be applied to The Pit. Someone could land on the hook in the Dead Pool and slowly be lowered into the acid. Or instead of someone stomping their opponent’s head into the lava everytime on the Hell stage, maybe they’ll get fully tossed in or thrown to that Cerberus creature in the background. The same concept of differing animations could be applied to fatalities as well. Just to mix it up, we might not be sure how Scorpion will dice up his felled opponent. What body part will Reptile rip off with his tongue and eat this time? (possible the leg, leaving his opponent to bleed to death...) Again, the possibilities of “random animations” are endless and could add a whole new dimension and diversity to Mortal Kombat.

===== A shallow Pit with wild animals at the bottom. Lions or snakes or scorpions etc. Lions for instance could fight over the body, ripping apart limbs an’ such etc.
=====Limited destructible environments. Maps that change as you play similar to the levolution on Battlefield 4, but on a smaller scale.

=====Electronic beats for MKX. They are catchy and raises hype. Street fighter has some catchy beats. Electronic beats can work in MK, do it like The Exorcist's theme song.

Listen here

The Exorcist theme

This awesome Electronic song in a Eastern Martial Arts Film called Raging Phoenix

Click this

=====Future Character Costume Designs

NRS must make faces as hot as Red Sonja's face. She was ranked first in Comics Buyer's Guide's "100 Sexiest Women in Comics" list.

The most important thing is that the outfits are practical but match the characters' personalities at the same time. Although my runway (fashion) pictures of the dresses wouldn't be form-fitting for fighting, redesigning the bottom of the costume to panties/knickers would work with the whole top covered up except for slightly showing of breasts, that way it’s still naughty but nice. As they are magnificent royal female warriors they should look high value and not wear such revealing clothes like the girl next door. Less clothing only works for certain situations like sexually charged environment such as strip clubs and nightclubs where it’s OK whatever girls choose to wear. Also it's less likely the wounds/cuts will be seen on flesh if their top is more covered up.

Shoes Shoes Shoes

Dress

More accessories

Trench Coat

Inspiring Hair Styles

This is how America's Next Top Model does it Warrior Style. See high-fashion can work in MK.

Click this for hi-res pictures (minus)
Click this for hi-res pictures (photobucket)
Rockchalk5477
06/28/2013 06:38 PM (UTC)
Clicky link here
Okay...
"A little blood, No fatalities, Aurora background, Freeflowing hair, Cosplay costumes..."

Why wouldn't there be fatalities and tons of blood in a Mortal Kombat game?
Mortal Kombat is copious blood and ridiculous violence.
This wishlist is literally less than two pages of text, and the other 49 are pictures of fashion models and shoes. Did someone have a foot fetish?
Can anyone actually imagine the females of MK fighting in outfits like this?
Ridiculous.
lukas_ws
06/29/2013 05:02 AM (UTC)
hallo
furious
Icebaby
06/29/2013 11:17 PM (UTC)
Ooh, I sense something I want to nitpick...

1. Dynamic Weather

Yeah, that's a nice touch for an arena, but then that means more space will be wasted for something that really isn't necessary to have.

2. A little blood.

Um, Mortal Kombat defied a generation of video games when it debuted back in 1992, and most of it WAS because of the gore that was added in. Having little blood means we're going back to a Teen rating, and last time I checked, not too many people, mainly 95% of the community basically DESPISED that.

3. No Fatalities

Then say goodbye to Mortal Kombat.

4. Some tournament mode

Meh. Indifferent.

5. Frost be included with Tanya second.

This I'll actually agree with.

6. No locked content

Seriously? I like unlocking things, a lot of games have that... What's so bad about unlocking things?

7. Panarom backgrounds

A wide view of a picture? Why would you want a wide view of a picture?

8. Aurora background

Um... okay?

9. Theater Mode

Or you could just basically get a program for your computer that helps you record gameplay since a LOT of people have. (And something I would like to get soon)

10. Searching for players of same skill

Okay, I'm going to say bullshit on this because there isn't a particular "skill" that you can be. You either know your characters' shit, you spam your characters' shit, or you play like shit. You can't just "look up" someone's skill if they're one of the top players and they got there by spamming... unless you're a spammer that would like to go up against a spammer... But this I just think is ridiculous.

11. Freeflowing hair

I hope whoever asked for this does understand that hair is basically the HARDEST thing to animate on a human being. Just ask Pixar, they basically created an entire 3D animation program to work specifically on the hair for the main character in Brave... All 1000+ strands of hair. Or Sully from Monsters Inc. 2.3 million strands of hair that took on average 12 hours to animate a single frame for him. Yeah, just remember that.

12. Online practice mode

Or how about just use the Practice Mode they have for us already. What are we supposed to practice exactly?

13. Costume preview on select screen

Or you could have it where we can see the character in the viewer mode and remember what the costumes look like from there.

14. Voice changing during fights

What? Your voice doesn't change when you're fighting... unless you want to hear constant heavy breathing, and if I want to do that, I'll go have fucking sex.

15. Cosplay costumes

What?

16. All characters unlocked from start

Well that's bogus. Sure my favorite Mortal Kombat (Mortal Kombat 2) Didn't really have any characters to unlock in a way, but still, I'd rather unlock some characters than having all of them right there at the beginning.

17. Remove unblockables

No.

18. Search region specific.

Huh?

19. Stun Meter.

This isn't Street Fighter, we don't stun our enemies a whole lot unless you're doing a special move.

20. Dedicated Servers.

What?

21. Players' status.

This isn't World of Warcraft where if you don't touch your character for a while, it automatically says "AFK." No... Some people are just assholes that don't feel like playing and sit in the lobbies, literally, there are people that just do that...

22. Use organ music a lot

Why? The music is just fine, could have been a little bit clearer in the latest game but the the music is just fine and has been for a very long time.

23. Import Facebook friends.

Why must everything include Facebook now?

24. Leaderboard stuff

They sort of have that.

25. Joining groups.

Or you could look up online for fansites and join them since they basically do that on all of them.

26. Track performance

They have that... just look up your statistics and they tell you how many wins and loses you have. Dir.

Shoes

You know, after the whole nitpicking issues we've fought during the latest game, it seems that a lot of people does NOT enjoy having women wearing heels. So no to that.

Accessories

Details are a nice touch, but they serve no purpose in a fighting game. Sorry.

Outfits

Majority of them are grotesque.

I will say, this may seem harsh, but this list isn't worth any time for anyone of the employees of Netherrealm Studio. I don't know how you can make a fighting game turn into a "classy" fighting game when fighting games have one point to them and that's to beat down the other person to where they cannot get up. I'm not sure how classy you can get that to be. Not to mention, you're talking about a game that literally created the ESRB rating system. Everyone LOVES the gore and the violence this game has and when it was reduced for MK vs DC, people freaked the hell out because it wasn't Mortal Kombat we were playing. To make a list about what you want to change in Mortal Kombat, at least have them where they make sense. Some of these are already happening such as the training mode. I really don't see how or why we need to train online because people play differently. You're never really going to get the same fight out of everyone. Or have it where you understand how creating a game works. As I stated before, hair is one of the hardest things to animate, and I should know since I am an animator and have professors that have worked on featured films who also agree with that statement. It's a hard thing to get down, it would mean that the whole team would basically have to put so much time and effort to get every strand of hair to act properly as how hair acts... That is just impossible to do, so they make it look like what they did. Sure, I didn't appreciate Kitana's hair looking like what it does, and the only way to fix it is if they decide to chop her hair off...

I understand that I basically just ripped apart this whole list and probably seemed a bit rude, but come on... You have to admit some of these requests are a bit silly to see... "No fatalities" is just something I refuse to even think that it could happen... and be taken seriously by Boon himself.
Martin_Jacob22
07/02/2013 11:30 AM (UTC)
Tears in my eyes! From laughing at Ice Babys response. Cant even eat my food right now.

I agree with her except the costume preview on screen. Other fighting games have that. I think it would be nice if MK had it.
hankypanky1
07/03/2013 07:42 PM (UTC)
Not needed
hankypanky1
07/08/2013 01:04 PM (UTC)
Not needed
Icebaby
07/08/2013 09:00 PM (UTC)
hankypanky1 Wrote:
I've uploaded some flats shoes designs in Original post or view them here

Flats shoes
http://www.docspal.com/viewer?id=evgemjgn-3504167

I've uplaoded it also:

http://www.speedyshare.com/wU6mm/A-modelling-agency-were-casting-for-fighting-girls.one

Yeah because shoes are totally what people will die over in re-designs and such.

Oh I am so jelly over the way the creators made Mileena's shoes, I want to just cry for not having them myself.
mwgrant0
07/09/2013 01:08 AM (UTC)
Icebaby Wrote:
hankypanky1 Wrote:
I've uploaded some flats shoes designs in Original post or view them here

Flats shoes
http://www.docspal.com/viewer?id=evgemjgn-3504167

I've uplaoded it also:

http://www.speedyshare.com/wU6mm/A-modelling-agency-were-casting-for-fighting-girls.one

Yeah because shoes are totally what people will die over in re-designs and such.

Oh I am so jelly over the way the creators made Mileena's shoes, I want to just cry for not having them myself.

Yeah, thats kinda creepy. Not everything is about shoes noobsmoke mk.
hankypanky1
07/30/2013 02:03 PM (UTC)
First post updated. Way to go.
Coltess
08/05/2013 06:53 AM (UTC)
I have but one simple request.

A and B cups.

That is my request.
hankypanky1
08/24/2013 05:43 PM (UTC)
First post updated. That would be all.
DistraughtOverlord
08/27/2013 02:08 PM (UTC)
This would be annoying. No, No and no. You don't ask for a dog to be a cat more than you ask from a cat to bark. Many fighting games have no Fatalities and look more "Classy" than MK. It was first made to be violent, agressive and somewhat borderline satirical. Not happy with that? Stop playing MK.
hankypanky1
08/28/2013 03:14 AM (UTC)
Not needed
Malice
About Me

THERE IS NO KNOWLEDGE THAT IS NOT POWER

08/28/2013 07:32 AM (UTC)
Did I seriously just read someone saying that ALL the MK games character costumes lacked creativity? MK is not some hipsters paradise. It is a display of things dark, esoteric, brutal and horrific. And to go along with the general sentiment IT"S A FIGHTING GAME. I mean what the hell are you going to do next, ask the US Military to stop using Camo because it just simply does not have enough flair?

And besides, who the hell wears designer cloths into battle? These are Shaolin Monks, Ninjas, Mercenaries, Soldiers, The Undead, Cyborgs, Sorcerers, Half Dragon, Full Dragon, Vampires, Reptilians, Oni, Protector Gods, Fallen Elder Gods and Mokap. And who has time to give a shit about hair when your playing a fast paced fighting game that is running at 60 FPS.

And we've had organ music in MK, because it made sense for that arena. Every single time the blood or fatalities were toned down or made to look less realistic (CLASSY) their was major fan backlash. MK home release, MK3, MK:DA, MKA, MKVDCU just to name a few.

After the massive achievement that was MK2011 in areas such as gameplay, graphics, depth, character and background design you should be kneeling at Netherrealm's feet saying "Thank you sir, may I have another." If you seem to hate most everything about MK then stop playing it.

And if I seem rude, GOOD. Since John Carmack has been wrapping his brain around how to program volumetric water into a game and have it run faster then 0.000000000000000001 FPS since 1998 I'd say you've got about 2 more gaming generations before Kitana can have hair as "CLASSY" as the Kardashian's.

And I'm spent.
hankypanky1
08/28/2013 02:36 PM (UTC)
Not needed
legoslayer10
08/28/2013 04:10 PM (UTC)
Really...

There is SO much wrong with this post...

I don't even know where to begin,

You want NO Fatalities; Then it's not MK.
You want organ music; not in EVERY arena. When I'm dashing back and forth, trying to rip heads off, I don't want slow church music. I want upbeat, heavy guitars or low pitched choir voices with evil-sounding chants.
You wan fashion-designers to choose costumes; Not even gonna go here. WAY too much wrong with this.

I'd go on, but I'd be here forever, and I have a life outside of my coputer.
hankypanky1
08/28/2013 07:28 PM (UTC)
Fashion designers design damn good costumes. They do this for a living. Game designers design costumes behind a computer screen. u will see some unique designs that are mesmerizing and inspiring. Just because they're fashion designers doesn't mean its not gonna work for a character in a game.
DistraughtOverlord
08/28/2013 08:04 PM (UTC)
MK has great original characters and they were once really well designed 4 the most of them. There's no need for them to hire any damn Professional designer, no matter how talented they are or where they're from, which at first isn't a factor to their natural talent. Final.

If the team sticks to making them characters great in all aspects, they can do something good.
daryui
About Me
08/28/2013 09:05 PM (UTC)
Just because fashion designers can design clothing doesn't mean they can create a good vg character.

The stuff you want is taking what makes MK into something else with just the MK name.
hankypanky1
08/28/2013 11:33 PM (UTC)
The costumes designs is varied from western to eastern styles so there is big scope. The designs are phenomenal and damn good looking.
Icebaby
08/29/2013 02:30 AM (UTC)
hankypanky1 Wrote:
The costumes designs is varied from western to eastern styles so there is big scope. The designs are phenomenal and damn good looking.

Says you and only you.
Malice
About Me

THERE IS NO KNOWLEDGE THAT IS NOT POWER

08/29/2013 04:33 AM (UTC)
And those designs do not always translate into a video game. The reason Netherrealm hires people inside the industry to do this is because they know what they're doing. The team may go through half a dozen designs until they can actually make one work in 3D. When you design an outfit for a computer generated character there are many facets you have to understand about how you take a 2D concept and make it a 3D proof of concept. In this time you may see 3 different concepts come together as one. Designing a video game should be left to people that know how to design a video game. End of story.
DistraughtOverlord
08/29/2013 12:29 PM (UTC)
And video games designers, in this case an already established franchise such as MK are criticized enough each time there's something wrong with someone's favorite character. I mean look at the rants concerning like half of the MK9 roster in terms of look.

I Wonder where would be the sense in paying great and well paied fashion designers, along with what the rest of a game like MK can cost these days, instead of hiring ppl from the industry, that already do this for a living. When a team surely knows how stupid an idea is deemed by the fans when we feel there's something wrong with it. And yes, i wouldn't shy away from repeating how much this was a stupid idea and move. Because honestly, it's how it sounds to me.

hankypanky1
08/29/2013 12:30 PM (UTC)
Real fashion designers don't get it right on the first go. They take many attempts to perfect the costume for runway.
Pages: 8
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.