I wish Jacqui was a hot mixed race babe, shed be way more popular
posted03/02/2015 03:12 AM (UTC)by
bounce7
I think it's a missed opportunity.
mkmileena
About Me

Ethereal, ravenous, piercing. It's Mileena bitch.

Lovely signature by MINION

03/02/2015 01:25 AM (UTC)
what even
DjangoDrag
03/02/2015 01:26 AM (UTC)
whut
Rockchalk5477
03/02/2015 01:27 AM (UTC)
Hankypanky/Khrome, is that you again?
Nice work getting banned from both MKO and TYM.
bounce7
03/02/2015 01:34 AM (UTC)
Rockchalk5477 Wrote:
Hankypanky/Khrome, is that you again?
Nice work getting banned from both MKO and TYM.

Thanks, *****
The only reason she's not more popular is because she's only related to one known Kombatant, not two. That and Cassie is already the snarky character, which tends to be popular in this day and age for whatever reason.
Ultimachu
About Me
Twitter | DeviantArt | YouTube
"When you base your expectations only on what you see, you blind yourself to the possibilities of a new reality."
03/02/2015 01:38 AM (UTC)
How the hell would making her mixed make her more popular? confused
bounce7
03/02/2015 01:40 AM (UTC)
Ultimachu Wrote:

Because guys hit on white girls and mixed girls more than they do black girls.
Blade4693
03/02/2015 01:41 AM (UTC)
She might be mixed race, we don't know who her mother is. And yes I know she isn't lightskin, but not all mixed people are.

She doesn't need to be mixed race anyway, she is fine how she is.
bounce7
03/02/2015 01:43 AM (UTC)
Blade4693 Wrote:
She might be mixed race, we don't know who her mother is. And yes I know she isn't lightskin, but not all mixed people are.

She doesn't need to be mixed race anyway, she is fine how she is.

Best Newcomer?
Kotal Kahn (33.5%)
D'Vorah (10.2%)
Cassie Cage (22.1%)
Takashi Takeda (6.4%)
Jacqui Briggs (4.3%)
Kung Jin (4.8%)
Erron Black (15.6%)
Ferra/Torr (2.7%)

Jacqui is in second last place, if she was a hot mixed race babe, she'll be more popular.
KRINJ
03/02/2015 01:45 AM (UTC)
inane subject
SHAMEonNINJAS
03/02/2015 01:49 AM (UTC)
bounce7 Wrote:
Ultimachu Wrote:

That's funny. I'm not going to lie, black mixed chicks are some sexy creatures. Especially the black/Hispanic mix.
bounce7 Wrote:
Ultimachu Wrote:

First of all that just means they have boring taste if they only like white women, secondly, picking characters based on race or if you find polygons attractive is lame.
Blade4693
03/02/2015 01:51 AM (UTC)
Where did those percentages come from? An online forum poll? Or an official source?
stinky_thc_cloud
03/02/2015 01:51 AM (UTC)
lol... Guys, don't take the bait.
bounce7
03/02/2015 01:53 AM (UTC)
TigerStyle Wrote:
bounce7 Wrote:
Ultimachu Wrote:

First of all that just means they have boring taste if they only like white women, secondly, picking characters based on race or if you find polygons attractive is lame.

So Superman has boring taste because he likes Wonder Woman? Batman has boring taste because he likes Catwoman?
Blade4693 Wrote:
Where did those percentages come from? An online forum poll? Or an official source?

Boon's twitter
bounce7
03/02/2015 01:54 AM (UTC)
Blade4693 Wrote:

From this site's poll on left lol. MK Online User Poll
umbrascitor
About Me

Never shake hands with a man who wears his heart on his sleeve.

~ Master Fuji's Fortune Cookie

03/02/2015 01:55 AM (UTC)
KRINJ Wrote:
inane subject

True, but it does raise a question of why Jacqui actually isn't more popular. I'm thinking it's because 1) we haven't seen much of her in action yet, 2) her comic appearance hasn't impressed so far, 3) her name is too easy to make fun of, and 4) people are convinced Jax is also in and don't see why we need both, if they both have a robo-hands thing going on.

I think the winds might change when we actually see more than .4 seconds of her fighting. Kickboxer with flamethrowing power gauntlets? I'm intrigued.
Jax has just never been as popular as Sonya or Johnny Cage to begin with.
Avalanche739
03/02/2015 02:08 AM (UTC)
lol wow
SHAMEonNINJAS
03/02/2015 02:09 AM (UTC)
Nobody cares about jacqui because she hasn't done anything interesting yet lol. She's just some regular chick. She's just Cassie's life long friend like jade was to kitana. Jaqcui can be the obligatory stripper since mileena got owned.
I know you're kidding about the stripper thing but I hope we never get any of that again.

I mean it makes sense for Sheeva and Mileena to not really wear clothes since they're from Outworld and Edenians don't wear much either like Kitana or Sindel but goddamn did that start to get to be really lazy design choices. I don't care if they have big tits and asses as long as they have cool outfits like Mileena and Jacui's in MKX.
Gillbob316
03/02/2015 02:18 AM (UTC)
This franchise already has hot mixed race babes in the likes of Jade and Tanya.

And if you're saying, "But they're not mixed race" you've obviously never gotten drug into a forum debate about it.

Their skin tones have varied over different appearances (Jade's especially, as she's had more appearances). In some games Jade looks obviously Black. In others she looks more middle-eastern. Hell, in the movie canon she was Asian. And the fact that they're technically Edenian and don't adhere to the races/nationalities of Earth just leaves it completely ambiguous and totally open to debate amongst fans.

Fans have debated heatedly over whether Jade is black or not.

Frankly, I like that Jacqui is a definitively African-American Woman. If I'm not mistaken, she's technically the first in the series.
Pages: 3
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.