FTPTwo
12/13/2017 11:09 AM (UTC)
m0s3pH Wrote:
Figured I'd pop in real quick since a few of my old friends came back to share their stories. Some of my favorite memories include:

- The nights spent on Tinychat with my closest MKO buddies.
- Discussing story progression, character bios, and general franchise lore.
- Getting into the nuts and bolts of MKA and MK '11, posting combos, and feeling the hype for EVO and other major tournaments.
- Drive-By Thread. I still hate that it's gone.
- Having the opportunity to make a difference here via moderating and contributing to the staff.

Unrelated:

I see that the layout is more... centered now. I guess one giant block of black screen wasn't enough, might as well have two! Also, who approved these new themes? Three of them look like an LSD-induced vomiting spree and the fourth (Kano) just adds more black where it isn't needed, solely to differentiate it from the Kenshi (which is simply Ermac with black link text, woo boy the changes are drastic) theme. Seriously, someone please tell me that this wasn't the site update we'd waited years for. Actually wait, never mind. I already know the answer to that question. The fact that the default theme has almost as much of the vote as the four actual new themes combined says a lot. I'm gonna catch shit for this, but I don't care since I won't be here to read it. I checked out months ago. Good talk guys, keep in touch.

I remember all that awesomeness, Remember when I got banned for trolling some girl on your suggestion, but you didn't because favoritism? Good times! Remember when ya'll said I was unbanned but was still unable to post, forcing me to create a new account just to write this one years later. Only reason I'm here now is to check for MK11 after a few rounds of MKX got me thinking about the old stomping grounds again. It's nice to see most of the people I remember from the drive by thread are long gone, either banned or wiped off their profiles. And the site itself hasn't really been updated since 2004? Hell my high level gameplay sticky is still up even though MK2011 has been dead for years. It would take a seasoned web designer half a day to fart out a better website, but at least I still get that post dotcom boom nostalgia seeing this place hasn't changed.
boomboom
About Me

I hate this place.

02/23/2018 10:46 PM (UTC)
I think my favorite memories of this place were meeting the friends I met. While I'm only friends with 1 of them now, it was still nice having that kind of sense of belonging back then when I didn't feel like I belonged anywhere.
MyQueenSindel
04/12/2018 03:36 AM (UTC)
Favorite memory is Coltess.
NeoScorpion
09/12/2018 05:39 PM (UTC)
Pink_Ranger Wrote:
This one time on MK5.org.
hey!
bracesbox
11/08/2018 04:23 AM (UTC)
At the point when individuals would have bantered with WWF legend, I used to imagine that person was simply trolling yet turns out he simply had crap for cerebrums. I'll always remember when he thought individuals were hacking his record when we would cite and alter his posts.
12/13/2018 02:22 AM (UTC)
NeoScorpion Wrote:
Pink_Ranger Wrote:
This one time on MK5.org.
hey!

furious
m0s3pH
About Me

Mortal Kombat Online - Community Manager

| Twitch | YouTube | Lawful Chaos |

Signature and avatar by ThePredator151

12/13/2018 06:44 AM (UTC)
FTPTwo Wrote:
I remember all that awesomeness, Remember when I got banned for trolling some girl on your suggestion, but you didn't because favoritism? Good times!

Imagine holding this grudge for years on end and replying to a years old post to vent about it.

Never change, MKO.
JohnnyCage
About Me

Those were $500 sunglasses... Asshole

12/13/2018 04:19 PM (UTC)
Watching hyuga troll every one back in the MKDA days Hilarious. Also realizing they murdered liu Kang and liking the back to basics approach.

When this site was mk5.Org.

Blade tsung being in love with Jessica Biel

Finding guys to play mk with during mk9 and playing gears of war with same guys

Bitching about MkD

Wondering why everyone lost their shit over mk vs DC.

NFL pick em.

Discussing the mk movie titled domination that never happened.

JohnnyCage
About Me

Those were $500 sunglasses... Asshole

12/13/2018 04:31 PM (UTC)
m0s3pH Wrote:
FTPTwo Wrote:
I remember all that awesomeness, Remember when I got banned for trolling some girl on your suggestion, but you didn't because favoritism? Good times!

Imagine holding this grudge for years on end and replying to a years old post to vent about it.

Never change, MKO.

Hilarious!
firesnake
12/28/2018 09:26 AM (UTC)

When I first joined back in the MK DA days. Early 2001 i think. Watching all this new footage of johnny cage fighting someone on a quick time player

Masr
12/29/2018 06:28 PM (UTC)Edited 12/29/2018 08:32 PM (UTC)

The times when 'Ice baby', 'RazorsEdge' and 'MKHYPE' were around (even if we didn't always click).

Baraka_MK
01/14/2019 07:37 AM (UTC)

Hard to pick any one specific memory, but looking back my favorite memory overall is the gamers.com era, back when I really become an active participant here. Also, the hype and excitement for MK:DA after that Scorpion and Jax teaser was released was a truly wonderful time to be here.

Maybe this is premature, but I think later this week, my new all-time favorite MKO memory will be going to the MK11 Reveal event in Los Angeles and finally meeting my long time friend, the man who started it all, Scott Howell! I'm equal parts excited and nervous.

J-spit
About Me
Twilight Muthafuckin' Sparkle

Sig by TheCypher
02/23/2019 09:06 AM (UTC)Edited 02/24/2019 04:43 AM (UTC)
OhYesMar$h
Well. Let's just say I used to be here around 2008 under another name for about a good 3 years. I'm alot different. I'm grown. I have priorites that just don't allow me to be bored enough, and go nuts on MKO. lol

Let's see, when I look back though, ONLY the veterans remember how crazy it was, and I have a few questions of my own; Like what the hell happened to the Drive By thread, the rap battle tournaments, and those random poet conversations??

It's all good. It used to be a little more wild back then. They toned it down for the better.

I was sitting here wondering what it was that I remembered and I thank you for bringing up the Drive By thread.

I remember when that was shut down and it was either because some shit started there or the fallout following the thread's closing.

Bringing it up, I miss it once more.

Elder God Bezou
About Me

I'm on a mission to find the Kamidogu
Damashi says I'm the Champion
I'm meeting new friends
And stealing all their moves
Seeing the worlds and having lots of fun
I'm on a Konquest Adventure
I'm having the best 87 years of my life

03/01/2019 06:53 AM (UTC)

-Creating the greatest MK sprite comic of all time, the Adventures of Spirit Liu

-Becoming ]{0MBAT's slave to do a bunch of Flash animations.

-Arguing with countless people about how Quan Chi is just a shallow pretender to Shang Tsung's crown.

-Generally being a problematic piece of shit. I'm so much more zen now.

-That whole thing with Death Cargo, which never came out, just like we said it wouldn't.

Did we ever find out who Siduu101 was?

J-spit
About Me
Twilight Muthafuckin' Sparkle

Sig by TheCypher
03/07/2019 01:16 PM (UTC)
TheOnlyBezo

-Creating the greatest MK sprite comic of all time, the Adventures of Spirit Liu

-Becoming ]{0MBAT's slave to do a bunch of Flash animations.

-Arguing with countless people about how Quan Chi is just a shallow pretender to Shang Tsung's crown.

-Generally being a problematic piece of shit. I'm so much more zen now.

-That whole thing with Death Cargo, which never came out, just like we said it wouldn't.

Damn, Spirit Liu was the shit! Did I argue about this Quan Chi situation? I ask because MK9 and X DID piss me off when Quan Chi just kept getting his shine on while Shang got killed to power up a fucking Lich Queen.

Murcielago
About Me

Get that ass BANNED

04/08/2019 05:55 AM (UTC)Edited 04/08/2019 06:11 AM (UTC)

It's rough to answer that question, but I had some good memories.

• Learning and making sigs for folks was fun
  • Drive by thread was probably the best shit ever
  • MK9 KOTH with some members here was aight
  • The bullshit that spawned here

All in all wasn't too bad. Been lurking here and there recently. Place hasn't changed. Folks still bitch about the roster and immediately post asinine wishlists.

UlcaTron
05/07/2019 07:11 PM (UTC)
torchia
UlcaTron Wrote:
torchia Wrote:
I remember the voice chat days. I can't remember the name of the service, but that was fun.

Bloodline's "TOOOOOORRRRRCHIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAA" will stick with me forever.

Holy shit, yes. I have a version of this saved on my computer too!

Man, I forgot we got you to shave your facial hair into a Hitler 'stache. That was fantastic.

What a wonderful time in my life.

overkill_78
08/18/2019 05:26 AM (UTC)

Ahhh man. So many memories, lol. I went through my teen angst years on this site, so a lot of trolling and overall being an ass. Let's see...late nights in the IRC channel, chatting with everyone, being shadow banned for like 10 years and not being able to be unshadowed for one reason or another (I think it was because I trolled Crow too much), Temp's "be a fucking leader" post, making genuine friendships with a lot of people here, even if they didn't survive the ravages of time (especially Chan-Ming, she was definitely my best MKO friend, sorry everyone else!)

But honestly...signing up to the website was the greatest thing I've ever done in my life. It instilled a lifelong love of Mortal Kombat into me, even when, at times, I lost interest in the series and didn't play. I always came back to MK and subsequently MKO. And I'm glad I did, or else I wouldn't be where I am today.

I work at Netherrealm Studios.

100% serious. And that would not have been possible without MKO and everyone on the site. So thank you guys. Whether you liked me or didn't (or hell, even if you don't remember me) this place played a huge part in shaping my future.

Knightmare
About Me

Scott Howell - Co-founder
scott@mortalkombatonline.com

Mortal Kombat Online - The Ultimate Mortal Kombat Experience

08/28/2019 01:35 AM (UTC)

Thanks @overkill_78. Appreciate it buddy and hanging with us all these years.

MyQueenSindel
09/19/2019 10:08 PM (UTC)
Reading this quote....

"I'm like a cockroach nothing can stop me!!" - Coltess

I have used that quote outside of MKO.

I'll have to double down on this as my favorite memory. I was trying to recall this guy's username.

STEROLIZER
06/19/2020 03:53 AM (UTC)

I have a fond memory of a user by the name of FatSatan being named the #1 poster for all of the Gamers.com boards from back in the day, like 2001 or so. Not sure why thats a fond memory, but these forums made a huge deal about it and declared that day "FatSatan" day.

Baraka_MK
07/07/2020 08:41 AM (UTC)

I have a fond memory of a user by the name of FatSatan being named the #1 poster for all of the Gamers.com boards from back in the day, like 2001 or so. Not sure why thats a fond memory, but these forums made a huge deal about it and declared that day "FatSatan" day.

Long live, FatSatan! (He does still live, by the way. Reports of his death are greatly exaggerated.)

STEROLIZER
10/09/2020 06:33 AM (UTC)Edited 10/09/2020 06:36 AM (UTC)

Speaking of memories...

I have absolutely ZERO memory of whatever the hell is going on below lol

Jonin01 Said...

Source: https://www.mortalkombatonline.com/t/general/what-happened-to-this-site/rvx6Xtk4q8gD

---

I got banned in like 2003 or something. I have no idea why, but whatever it was, I'm sure I deserved it, as I was a Troll before that shit was fashionable. I got myself unbanned just this year. Did a search for my name, and found this topic made by Jonin in late December 2018 - less than a month from when I ran into the old crew at the MK11 reveal. So, whatever the heck I did it scarred Jonin so much that he felt the need to bring it up 15 years later.

C'mon Jonin , spill the beans would ya?

travelingwilbury
03/18/2021 12:38 AM (UTC)

Beat the Blade NFL Pick Em'

MKS' MKO Idol

Boot and Immune

nKo

Getting banned lol

Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.