Sticky HDTrans MK Gameplay Primer Petition
posted02/17/2005 01:20 AM (UTC)by
TonyTheTiger
About Me

TonyTheTiger - Forum Director

Mortal Kombat Online - The Ultimate Mortal Kombat Experience
-
Nintendo is comprised of three Japanese words. Nin, Ten, Dou, and when combined it means we kicked the holy shit outta Atari.

I know it's weird to make a thread about another thread but for months there has been a clamor to get this thread (click here) stickied on the Deception forum. Sadly, that has not yet been heard. The thread in question has never left the first two pages (mostly remaining on the first) since August 20, 2004. It's going to be six months old in a few days. The reason it lasted so long is because it is probably the most useful thread on the entire site being filled with tons of information (27 pages worth) about MK and fighting games in general. By analyzing every detail found within MK: Deception, the participants (there have been many) created a wealth of knowledge to be shared with anyone willing to browse through it. The number of dragon points given out alone is a testament to that (Thanks, ~Crow~grin). I will start by saying (I really like using parentheses) that I think it is about time the thread in question gets a sticky to sit alongside the Deception Tier List and High Level Gameplay thread. There is no reason not to sticky it because the information is useful for anyone new to MK or anyone who wants to learn more about it. It covers everything and will probably still be useful by the time MK7 comes out assuming Boon and Co. retain many of the same elements. So I hereby (I love that word...and parentheses) make the humble request to support the effort to get that thread stickied! Who's with me! glassesI should run for public office.glasses

Signed,
Leader of the Mascots
Konqrr
About Me
MKII is a Glorified RPG...Turn Based Chip Damage!
02/17/2005 01:01 AM (UTC)
Signed.
DrCube
02/17/2005 01:02 AM (UTC)
Signed.
krackerjack
02/17/2005 01:06 AM (UTC)
The first post alone contains more useful information than at least half of the threads on the first few pages combined. It shouldn't be let to go to waste.
Even if people were to stop posting in that thread altogether (which I don't see happening), it would still be invaluable.

In fact, it could be made the place where people could come to ask about any gameplay related issues they don't understand or would like to discuss, whether it be MK, or another fighting game.

I'd like it stickied.
~Crow~
02/17/2005 01:20 AM (UTC)
Very well. I believe the thread has earned it.