Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
01/14/2014 04:22 AM (UTC)
Royal Rumble Blu-Ray had the same issue this year. They've gone from a full episode of RAW (and other highlights), to just highlights. This year they didn't even include the Cesaro/Miz US title match - very disappointing! Same deal with music and menus. Disappointing, but Rumbles are the only PPVs I've bought in years, so I'm sure it stings less. [Short undercards don't help.]

Tough to argue with six months of PPV and back catalogue for the price of ordering Wrestlemania on PPV. WWE Network makes a lot of economic sense if you're already ordering/buying product. I'm not, so I don't know that I'll start. Now that the British Tagged Classics DVDs are out of print (and consequently escalating to ridiculous prices) it might become the better option.

I've well and truly got the Royal Rumble shine. Another solid episode of RAW (which is brought me to the thread)! I'm surprised they're putting so much behind Batista's return. Not disappointed, though.

Orton & Cena are at their serviceable best and with guys like Lesnar, Henry, Batista & Big Show lurking around, that helps. I can appreciate the '03 throwback of Big Show and what seems like a more present Brock Lesnar, even if I'm not sold on the logic of it. Could be effective to use Lesnar as a transitional challenger in February, but I don't know how the Elimination Chamber would factor into that.

Great developments with Danielson and The Wyatts! A little less interested in CM Punk right now, but The New Age Outlaws are another story. Engaging once again. If they've got it in them, I'd love to see them in the tag division, even on a lighter load. Could be an interesting match-up for Goldust & Cody Rhodes -- who I'm disappointed to see are in the Rumble. I don't really like double duty, and I would've liked to see the tag belts stay hot with regular PPV defences. Wonder if the Rumble will build to a pre-Mania split, or if they're in it for the long haul. Wish Goldust would at least spray those belts gold!
samus_aran3900
About Me
IRC member DECEPTION
#MicksDesk, #gamiz, #tmk, #mortalkombat
01/15/2014 12:35 AM (UTC)
Ultimate Warrior, is the first inductee in the. WWE 2014 HOF! smile
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
01/15/2014 12:36 AM (UTC)
samus_aran3900 Wrote:
Ultimate Warrior, is the first inductee in the. WWE 2014 HOF! smile

Pretty wild! The promo on RAW for it was neon shades of great.
Arthur Zonatto
01/16/2014 06:51 PM (UTC)
Umm, who are Cody & Goldie facing at the Rumble again? For a TagDivision this improved, they ain't treating it so nicely. Well, at least it's better than the Divas Divison (congrats AJ Lee xD)

P.S.: Cesaro's WrestleMania moment will be swinging Big Show.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

01/17/2014 02:11 AM (UTC)
Shinnok619 Wrote:
Umm, who are Cody & Goldie facing at the Rumble again? For a TagDivision this improved, they ain't treating it so nicely.

Hmmm... Road Dogg & Billy Gunn added to the Rumble [on Smackdown]. I wonder if they're there for CM Punk to take out, or for The Rhodes to dash. Maybe it'll develop into an undercard tag match before January 26?

Have to agree. Disappointing when any PPV passes without a tag title defense, let alone the Royal Rumble.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

01/18/2014 01:00 PM (UTC)
Very sad, the passing of Mae Young.

I really only know her from the wacky days of WWF 1999/2000+, but she's obviously a pretty unique, special ambassador for wrestling. She could teach the young divas of today a thing or two, no doubt.

http://www.wwe.com/superstars/maeyoung
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

01/26/2014 04:04 PM (UTC)
Royal Rumble picks:
- Goldust & Cody Rhodes still champs [DQ finish?]
- Bryan Danielson
- Brock Lesnar
- Randy Orton
- Bryan Danielson wins Royal Rumble
SubMan799
01/26/2014 06:01 PM (UTC)
I'll take Punk winning the Rumble. I just hope Batista doesn't win
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

01/27/2014 04:44 AM (UTC)
The Road to Wrestlemania XXX has begun.

Yes, we have a general wrestling thread. Don't forget: we pop a new thread out for any new major release (movies, games) and they don't come much more major than Mania! If you missed out last year: Remember to be inviting and encouraging to anyone jumping on the Wrestlemania bandwagon. Cheers.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

01/28/2014 09:14 AM (UTC)
SubMan799 Wrote:
I'll take Punk winning the Rumble. I just hope Batista doesn't win

Ricardo Snow
01/29/2014 06:57 AM (UTC)
WWE Removed CM Punk from all upcoming events. He tells Vince McMahon, "I'm going home."

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dcjpg

??? I don't understand.

Spoilers: (Highlight to reveal)
maybe it has to do with the DBry RR situation...

Maybe it is kayfabe
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

02/23/2014 11:33 AM (UTC)
Who's watching Elimination Chamber?

Picks:
- Ryback & Curtis Axel
- Titus O'Neil
- The Usos (via DQ? Count out?)
- Big E
- Batista
- The Shield
- Randy Orton
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

02/25/2014 06:23 PM (UTC)
Anybody got any stories/experiences with the Network?
JRC15
About Me

02/26/2014 04:47 AM (UTC)
I heard it lags terribly.
KingBellsprout
02/26/2014 05:55 AM (UTC)
Mick-Lucifer Wrote:
Anybody got any stories/experiences with the Network?

There was trouble logging into it on my xbox but via WWE.com I have not experienced any lag at all while watching stuff. I was disappointed when I didn't see every Raw on the network.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

02/28/2014 12:03 PM (UTC)
TheNinjasRock071394 Wrote:
There was trouble logging into it on my xbox but via WWE.com I have not experienced any lag at all while watching stuff. I was disappointed when I didn't see every Raw on the network.

Not surprising there've been a few hiccups. Curious that something like Royal Rumble 2011 isn't up. Wonder if they're working on getting all the RAWs up over time, or if they'll be part of the filtered updates.

Anybody check out NXT Arrival? Sounds like it was a really solid show!

Cesaro d. Sami Zayn
Mojo Rawley d. CJ Parker
The Ascension (c) d. Scotty 2 Hotty & Grandmaster Sexay [NXT Tag titles]
Paige (c) d. Emma [NXT Womens title]
Tyler Breeze & Xavier Woods fought to a tie
Adrian Neville d. Bo Dallas (c) [NXT Championship] (Ladder match)
KingBellsprout
02/28/2014 05:36 PM (UTC)
Mick-Lucifer Wrote:
TheNinjasRock071394 Wrote:

Not surprising there've been a few hiccups. Curious that something like Royal Rumble 2011 isn't up. Wonder if they're working on getting all the RAWs up over time, or if they'll be part of the filtered updates.

Anybody check out NXT Arrival? Sounds like it was a really solid show!

Cesaro d. Sami Zayn
Mojo Rawley d. CJ Parker
The Ascension (c) d. Scotty 2 Hotty & Grandmaster Sexay [NXT Tag titles]
Paige (c) d. Emma [NXT Womens title]
Tyler Breeze & Xavier Woods fought to a tie
Adrian Neville d. Bo Dallas (c) [NXT Championship] (Ladder match)

Yea I saw it. The Cesaro vs Zayn match was just as good as their 2 out of 3 falls match from a while back. Paige vs Emma was also really good. Breeze and Woods didn't really fight to a tie.... Rusev kinda just came out and destroyed both of them. I had the main event mostly as background noise because I really don't have much interest in Adrian Neville (something about his look bugs me) but I caught the ending where he won. It seemed like a decent match from the commentary I was hearing though.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

03/02/2014 09:07 PM (UTC)
Wrestling Observer reporting internal source says CM Punk back this RAW.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

03/04/2014 10:32 PM (UTC)
Mick-Lucifer Wrote:
Wrestling Observer reporting internal source says CM Punk back this RAW.

I'm loving what was probably one of the boldest examples of Meltzer reporting deliberately fed false info. The only thing better was the way WWE handled the situation. Pretty bold approach and pretty effective. I'm not really a big believer in Heyman's brilliance as a mouthpiece, but he did a pretty good job curving the Chicago/Punk focus back around to the matter of the moment: Brock Lesnar taking on Undertaker. Good energy, solid material.

Lesnar did a pretty good job keeping the ball in the air, too. Enjoyed Henry.

The Usos winning the titles on RAW felt much more appropriate than I would've expected, too. Again, a strong foot forward to mitigate a hostile crowd. Just wish this kind of meaty stuff was the norm.
Detox
About Me

You work with what you got...not what you hope for.

03/04/2014 11:54 PM (UTC)
Mick-Lucifer Wrote:

Lesnar did a pretty good job keeping the ball in the air, too.

And the monitors...don't forget the monitors. Dude's gonna brain somebody one day.

And yeah, major dick move by Meltzer. "Now I'm not saying he's gonna be there...but somebody says he's absolutely gonna be there...but not me."

Great build up for Bryan vs HHH.

Shield vs Wyatt family delivers again. I must admit though, watching the shield fall apart is kinda tearing my heart out. Had to happen sometime I guess.

The Usos finally winning the belts was great. Now I just want the Outlaws to go full on "Grumpy Old Men". I loved hearing them complain the first match after winning the titles.

No Punk in Chicago. That really made this whole thing settle in. Sad.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

03/13/2014 07:33 AM (UTC)
- Who is the Reigning Linear WWE Champion?

Oh my god, I love this! Beautiful!
JohnBoyAdvance
03/13/2014 02:37 PM (UTC)
Im totally down with Kane being a 3 time WWE champion.

And Bad News Barrett being our current champion. I'm warming to his character tbh. The trollface and the stupidly high podium. He needs that one bit of bad news that will get him nuclear heat though. Anyone knows why he isn't wrestling though?
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

03/18/2014 05:24 AM (UTC)
- WWE Slam City: Superstars: The Finisher

I'm assuming Slam City is basically Triple H writing his own WWE fan-fiction.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

03/20/2014 09:04 PM (UTC)
For those interested: It should be noted that there's a whole lotta wrestling going down in the podcast superstream thread. There's never been a bigger and better time to be getting free pro wrestling audio. If you're missing the voice of Jim Ross, or want to hear a variety of stars talking all kinds of subjects -- that's gonna the place to get links. Be encouraged to drop your own and spin-off conversations in this thread.
acidslayer
03/29/2014 10:32 PM (UTC)
Got my Elimination Chamber 2014 on dvd.

Same thing as last years dvd lack of special features and same music at the main menu screen. It's getting very repetitive and quite lazy.

My 3 fav matches were the

WWE/World Title Chamber Match
Shield vs the Wyatt's
Uso's vs New Age Outlaws

Def say this years Chamber ppv was better then last years for sure, kinda wish Christian would of won the match though, also wish the Shield would of won there match.

What do you guys think of Elimination Chamber 2014. Did you like it/dislike it, could it of been better and etc.
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.