DC Comics Batman 75th Anniversary: #Batman75
posted04/16/2014 09:04 PM (UTC)by
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!

- Warner Bros. Entertainment and DC Entertainment Celebrate Batman's 75th Anniversary

- Batman 75th anniversary: Warner Bros., DC reveal Bat-logo, Bat-plans

Sunday will mark 75 years since Batman first appeared in “Detective Comics” No. 27, and if you thought DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. were going to let that go unmarked, then you’re crazy enough for Arkham Asylum.

Today marks the beginning of brawling billionaire Bruce Wayne’s yearlong diamond jubilee, with the launch of the anniversary celebration’s online hub, www.Batman75.com, and the release of a commemorative logo that will feature on many DC comics and Warner Bros. products. And, Gothamites, July 23 is Batman Day: There will be celebrations at comic shops, bookstores and libraries, complete with a free Caped Crusader comic special to the occasion.

The months ahead also bring the “Batman Eternal” weekly comics series, the first-ever home video release of the ’60s “Batman” television series starring Adam West, convention events, a 25th anniversary edition DVD of Tim Burton’s Oscar-winning 1989 “Batman” film, new animated releases and more. There are also more screen takes on the Dark Knight’s legend in the works: the pilot episode for the live-action “Gotham” is in production for Fox, and Zack Snyder’s “Man of Steel” sequel, starring Ben Affleck as Batman alongside Henry Cavill’s Superman, is to begin filming for a 2016 release.

Related Threads on Mortal Kombat Online:
- Batman: Arkham Knight
- Man of Steel 2 Superthread (Superman vs Batman)
- Gotham (2014 Fox TV Series)
- Battle Arena Tournament Final: Batman versus Superman!
- Wouldnt a Batman World -only fighting game have been better ?
- Battle Arena Final: Batman vs Superman - The Conclusion!
- Demo Batman Combos (55-120%) by Check
- Midway Releases Batman Renders from Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe!
- Injustice: Arkham City Bonus Skins Trailer
- Injustice Deathstroke Bonus for Arkham Origins Pre-Order
- Are Sub-Zero and Batman really counterparts?
- does anyone here know ANY villains that arent Batman villains? (DC villain discussion)
- Batman: Arkham Asylum Superthread
- Batman: Arkham City *SPOILERS*
- Easter Egg: Kano Kombats Batman in Arkham City Lockdown!
- Battle Arena Week 1 Match Previews
- Injustice Battle Arena Superfight 1: Bane vs Batman
- Battle Arena Quarter Final Part 2 Match Previews
- Battle Arena Quarter Final: Batman v Wonder Woman
- Battle Arena Semi Final Match Previews
- Battle Arena Semi Final: Batman v The Flash
Coltess
03/27/2014 02:52 PM (UTC)
Holy septuagenarian Batman!

Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
03/27/2014 09:54 PM (UTC)
- Preview: Batman Eternal #1

As noted; Batman: Eternal is the 75th anniversary's weekly series.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

03/28/2014 10:02 PM (UTC)
- Holy 75th Anniversary, Batman! See the Caped Crusader's Evolution

Side Note: When I think Conde Nast, I think The Shadow. Kinda fun that the owners of one of Batman's key inspirations would join in the fun.

- When Is Batman's Birthday, Actually?

A nice look at the uncertainty of the exact date.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

03/29/2014 04:30 PM (UTC)

Awesome Damian sketch (presumably from ECCC). According to Chris Burnham, he banged this bad boy out in 5 minutes! [@TheBurnham]
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

04/04/2014 06:51 AM (UTC)
- Frank Cho recreates scene from ‘The Dark Knight Returns’

It's a shame Cho hates Superman, so. Digging his mug on the first page!

Cliff notes: Frank Cho hates Superman. Gets open Batman & Superman commission request. Takes cash. Recreates classic DKR scene.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

04/09/2014 06:13 PM (UTC)
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

04/09/2014 07:14 PM (UTC)
- 'Batman Eternal' Writer Scott Snyder Breaks Down Three Key Scenes [SPOILERS]

Snyder never fills me with confidence. I wish he did.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

04/16/2014 09:04 PM (UTC)
- Batman Eternal #2' Writer Explains Who The Heck The 'New' Bad Guys Are [SPOILERS]

Spoilers: (Highlight to reveal)
Not sure how I feel about the return of Carmine Falcone. Interesting, though.
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.