Everything you’d like to see about a character.
posted01/31/2008 04:17 PM (UTC)by
Drifting_Ravage
In here, you can give ideas as to what you would like to see with each character in the future if they were to return.

Sub-Zero

The Ice Effect
- Much more ice should come off of the frozen opponent once Sub-Zero strikes. The opponent is being engulfed in ice, yet it looks like only a small amount comes off them.
- As Sub-Zero strikes the frozen opponent, it should make a louder almost explosive like sound.
- If the opponent is frozen in the air, the opponent could fall directly down and receive the same amount of damage as an uppercut.
- If Sub-Zero doesn’t hit the opponent in time and they unthaw, instead of nothing happening, the opponent could burst out of the ice chamber with a fist in the air as the ice shatters around them.

New Move Ideas
Deep freeze
- Much like Sub-Zero’s MK2 fatality of the same name, except the opponent remains frozen for two hits instead of one or until they unthaw.

Blizzard
- Unleashing the full power of his amulet, Sub-Zero glows almost completely white, while a barrage of snow and icicles come charging at the opponent from the whole side of the screen Sub-Zero is on.

Blood Effect
- If Sub-Zero is beaten to the point of bleeding, to give him more characteristic, the blood could freeze over. Nothing too bulky, something like the lines on his face freeze. Or when he gets hit, it comes off in a cube like shape instead of the normal round way.

Fighting Style
- Dragon

Weapon
- Kori Blade

Throw
- I really liked his deadly alliance throw of freezing his opponent and surfing on them for a few feet. Maybe an upgraded version of this could be brought back in the future. Something like at the end of riding the frozen opponent, he jumps on it with both feet shattering it.

Attires
- I don’t really have any new ideas, but my favorites are both of his Deadly Alliance attires.

Storyline
- Sub-Zero almost has too much on his plate as it is. He's made quite a bit of enemies, not counting the ones that could potentially be against him. I'm interested in his conflict with Quan Chi, Noob Saibot and Sareena.
LycaniLLusion
01/31/2007 10:11 AM (UTC)
i think that his attire needs to change....maybe take a step away from the common ninja...maybe have him dress in an arctic fur style ninja kostume or make him like mk3 sub-zero without a hood
ThePredator151
About Me
The Ultimate Mortal Kombat Experience
- Lead Graphic Designer - Mortal Kombat Online -

:G-play

:Story

:F-Design

:Cutout

:Get Sig

:Raiden

:Fans [1] [2]

:#LegendaryArts

01/31/2007 11:35 AM (UTC)
Nice! You always provok instant Ideas from me D_R..especially elemenals.
I'll probably link and post this up in my stickie as well.

:::Future Sub-Zero Ideas:::

The Ice Effects: New Moves//Fatalities// Ect...

Well, with HD and all surrounding the future consoles, I wanna "see"//"hear" a few new "effects".

1. When the opponent is frozen with the "standard" ice blast, we should be able to see the opponents eyes moving around in fear beneath the ice. HA! Like what happenes in cartoons?! Lol! That'd be neat right? Mk humor (torcherous and deadly, but funny as hell!! hahah!)

2. Maybe the opponent, as a block of ice...wiggles or something like in God Of War, when Kratos gets turned to stone?? Idk

3. I want aggressor mode back. After accomplishing aggressor through a series of hits or completed combos, I wanna see the power of freeze incorporated in every...hit dealt. I've expressed this idea before to some detail actually and I NEED it!! Haha! To those that are new I'll explain breifly.

Every "Hp", every "Lk" Sub Zero deals to his oponent after "aggressor" is accomplished, he freezes a part of your body one at a time. Imagine this:

Punch-punch (frozen arm) Punch-Kick-kick(frozen leg) P-K-K-P-K
(frozen torso and thighs)
Each part of the combo will provok a limb to freeze after so many hits while sustaining the Aggressor title, but will also shatter with the following hit from SubZero.

And if you are good enough to finish a 10hit combo with this new SubZero, you will see your opponent trying to maintain his/her balance with a partially frozen torso and upper legs right as that famous MkTrilogy-like round-house blast them across the screen shattering all the ice 33%-35% damage...POW!! Fuck You!! Hahaha!!

4. When Subs' ice breaks it should sound like violently breaking glass. Big chunks of ice should sound like dropping a couple bowling balls in an apartment complex above you accompanied by the violently breaking class.

We should expect no less man...it's time MkTeam.

5. The "3-peice and a biscuit":
I think this should be a common manuver from all the characters, but just done differently. Some people would use punches, some people would use kicks....but a "3-peice" for SZ would go like this.

SubZero would punch 3times. 1-1-2==Left-Left-Right
Picture icicles.......Right? HA!!

But this move is a small damage, neusence type move because it should be easy to do for all the characters. And I think as far as showing the powers of that persons "element" or whatever while performing the 3-peice......I think it should be limited to only a couple characters. It could get stale really quick if Everybody showed off their element, or chi, or whatever during the 3-peice.

Just imagine a person that button mashes doing that move over and over and over.....NoW picture two button mashers...Get old Right? Yea.

6. The Shield:
I think Subby should literally throw up an ice shield. The move would kind of look like he was "signing" a large group of people to "come this way" but instead, it would create a large halve globe-like ice shield 3/4 of the way around him.

Should be very useful in a 3D envornment. People trying to agressivly come after Subby as he performed this shield would slide up and over the thing!!
(Cuz It's Ice! How cruel is that?!? Haha!) Maybe as they get so far onto the ground part of the shield...they start to slide towards SubZero, but now uncontrolably into a violent flip and hit the ground with some sort of dirsturbing bone cracking sound. Ouch!

Weapon-like projectiles might breifly stick into the shield
(picture Scorpions' harpoon getting stuck like it did in the tree in the first movie!!)
While energy or chi assaults might melt the shield a bit at a time but never get through.....MAkes sense to me right?

7. That Mk1 Movie Fatality!! The whole thing in wonderful cinematic beauty. OmG he's a grandMaster for gods sakes.

8. For another Fatality, SubZero stands at a distance and sommons famous Ice Clones from Lin Kuei past....They're Statue-like but somehow interestingly "real" to look at and they all stand perfectly positioned around the stunned looser....What happens next?

The ice statues become animated!! Yes, they come alive! Take a very quick but stone-like step forward And almost instantaeously stabb the victum with long crystal-like shards of ice!
.....or
They take a very unified, very dooming three steps forward Clump!............Clump!...........Clump! As they unshieth their crystal-swords and all say 5-10 clones slowly cut deep into the flesh of the victum hoisting him slightly up off of the ground. *blood gushes*
Oooouuu! The victum screams and moans into a death levitated by the Ice Clones still holding the Ice Swords.

Camera angles are a Must have to better express the pain and blood and...and...and.... lol
I suggest slowly rotating around this fatality until the victum is dead. Maybe the screen or music would pulsate to help realize the death of the character or something.....

Yea, I think fatalities on these newer consoles should be Terrifying mainly but also Brutal, Shocking, Disusting but Evil. They should associate with REAL human fears slightly more than anywhere in Mk Past. The new consoles coupled with the MkTeams abilities are far more than capable of any of the ideas listed thus far....

That's it for now......More later...
Shinnok-fan64
01/31/2007 11:54 AM (UTC)
first, i think Subby needs a new look. Shredder does look awesome, but i they're going into next-gen then they better give everyone a new costume.
Second, give him a better story. He had a good one until MKA, where Frost wanted him dead, but maybe his bio will rectify his story. Third, give him a new weapon. I love his sword, but he needs a new weapon as its getting old. Fourth, give him new specials. I want to see some really spectacualr moves with his ice powers in MK8. Finally, give him a new fatality.
kingjolly
01/31/2007 05:58 PM (UTC)
His whole body should be covered in ice as one of his custumes. Similar to Ice Man from x-men or glacier from killer instict.

Also his fighting style should be more reminiscent of a ninja style.
Ermacsmainman
About Me

how bout a cup of shut the hell up.

01/31/2007 08:37 PM (UTC)
Pred and D_R those are some great ideas.

Here is what i want to see.

SUB ZERO

Costume: I would love for Subby to have a new costume where he is encased fully in ice. However it would look silly. I think they should go for a look that shows us the power of the medallion he posseses inhis cosutmes.

Fighting Stance: The one he had in MKA was okay, i think Dragon is a better style for him though.

Weapon: THe kori blade needs an upgrade. It needs to have more than bitter blade as a combo.

Specials.

1. Keep classic freeze

2. Cold shoulder could do a little more damage without being considered to powerful.

3. Icy pillar should last longer

4. Instead of the ice clone have ice sheild. It works just like Shao Khans only it does 5% damage and freezes for a free hit.

5. Remember his fatality from MKT where he would uppercut his opponent onto the spike. Why not bring it back as a special. Doing from 9% to 11% damage

Throw: I like the one he has. It works well.

Fatalities

1. Pin Cushion
Sub Zero turns completly white. Then an icicle hits the opponent in the chest. He/She looks down at the icicle trying to pull it out when another hits them in the gut. . Then they reach at that one. Then 20-30 icicles hit he/she from all sides. Finally two hit one in each eye. Subs turns normal and goes into victory pose.

2.His leg freeze decapitate move from MKD

STory. If Subbys MKA ending is cannon have him keep fighting for his life against the elder gods and their champions.

THank you

EM
Ninja_Mime
02/01/2007 01:02 AM (UTC)
I like Sub-Zero, but they keep bringing back his shit costumes. He should never again wear the ninja attire. He should be more like MKDA Primary and MKD Alternate Sub-Zero.
JohnnyMel
02/01/2007 03:30 AM (UTC)
yo drifting ravange u got soem of the best ideas i heard o nthis sight, im lovign the blizzard move, subs shredder rip off needs 2 go and he needs better endings, give him a new and more intense rival 2 spice his story up
Drifting_Ravage
02/01/2007 05:51 AM (UTC)
Thanks for the input so far. smile

I’ll start the next character when I see this hardly getting any responses.
Sub-Zero_7th
02/02/2007 01:06 AM (UTC)
Cool thread Drifting_Ravage. Glad you started with my favorite, good ol' Subz.

Fighting Styles

I'd like to see him with Long Xing Quan (Dragon style Kung Fu). There are different Dragon styles, and Sub-Zero uses the one from Southern China, probably the Hakka Dragon style, which is fine. Depending on how the fighting mechanics will be in the next-gen MK's, I'd like to see the twisting and tearing techniques that Dragon style uses. To me, Dragon fits Sub-Zero a lot better than Shotokan, a style that is much more aggressive and external.

For his weapon, I don't mind him with the Kori Blade, but the way he used it MKA's intro seemed more like how a Jian (Straight Sword) would be used. I'm thinking that he should have a new ice sword called Cryo Blade and it should be thinner with the moves being somewhat of a cross between that of the Jian and the Dao (Broadsword) along with some of the Kori Blade moves.

Throws

I didn't like his MKD throw, and I felt his MKA throw was too simplistic. I think one of his throws should be his Dragon style throw from MKSM while another throw of his could be something ice-related.

Special Moves

Freeze: I think his Freeze should be like the MK4/MKG version except have MK1-ish Freeze look when the ice comes out. I'd like to see a charge to this move and at maximum charge, he could do the Polar Blast move his older brother could do in MKM: SZ.

Ice Clone: This is definitely a much needed move and an important part of his gameplay and strategy. I'd like to see the Ice Clone be like the UMK3/MKT version or MK4/MKG version. He definitely has to have Air Ice Clone.

Icy Pillar: I wasn't too fond of this move, but if it gets a bit of toning up, say...a cancel for it to trick the opponent, then I'm all for it returning. I still think the recovery time is too long and should be shortened a bit.

Cold Shoulder: I think this move is just ok, but I think it can be decent in that it's pretty fast, hits mid, travels distance, and knocks the opponent away.

Icy Slide: I know that Sub-Zero has grown beyond moves like these, but I like to see him use it again, especially as a good mixup between it and Cold Shoulder. For Sub-Zero's Slide, I'd like to see the classic MK1-MKT version of the move plus the ice track.

One thing that needs to change in regards to all the moves that freezes his opponents is when they are being frozen. I don't like how the opponent always leans back and freezes like in MKDA-MKA, and I'd rather have things go back to the way they were before MKDA with the freezing effects.

Overall Gameplay

Gameplay-wise, I think Sub-Zero should be well-rounded and kind of difficult to master. His gameplay style in the past MK games has always seemed to have leaned a bit more towards defense, and I think that's fine the way it is. He should be a character of great strategy and it should take good skill to use him properly as opposed to cheapness.

Storyline

Sub-Zero has one of the best storylines, imo. He has a lot going on with him, and he has grown and evolved into the Grandmaster he is now. One main thing that I feel his next-gen story needs to have is delving into the past of his ancestors and have part of his overall story tie into it. That way, we get some insights into who the voice in his armor is and if there is some kind of destiny that lies ahead in his future. I'd like to see backstory on who the Cryomancers were, what they were all about, how they came to be nearly extinct, and how some of the Cryomancers fled to Earthrealm and possibly other realms.

Another big part of Sub-Zero's story lies in which characters will be in the next-gen games. I hope to see characters like Sareena make it in. If Sektor and/or Noob Saibot make it, I'd like to see some interaction. I'm not sure in terms of characters like Quan Chi and Scorpion. If Noob Saibot will be in the next-gen games, it'd be nice to see Sub-Zero and Scorpion eventually team up to take him down or even Sub-Zero and Sareena.

I know that many feel that Sub-Zero is getting old with the whole Dragon Medallion thing, but to me, it seems as if he's going to have that longer life-span thing, kind of like Mr. Freeze. Some would like him to train an apprentice to one day take his place. I'm not too sure on that idea, but if it were to be done in the story, it should be for later on, not closer to the beginning.

Appearance

I'm sure they will have at least 2 costumes per character so for one costume, he definitely needs his ancestral armor look. Another look I'd like to see would be his MKD alternate costume except have a Dragon-ish type helmet on, kind of like the one Chow Yun Fat wore in Curse of the Golden Flower.

Here's a pic: http://www.24framespersecond.net/image/curse1.jpg

Of course, in addition to that kind of helmet, there should of course be the ninja-ish type armor mask. I'm thinking the Cryo mask from his MKDA alt would be good.

If they have at least three costumes per character, I wouldn't mind having a modified version of his MKDA primary costume look.

Fatalities

I don't have any particular ideas at the moment, but I'm very fond of his MKD Fatalities.

Voice

Imo, Sub-Zero is one of the more difficult characters in terms of finding the proper voice. He definitely needs to sound stern and mysterious.

Get-Up Animation

It should be like his MKD/MKA get up except that when he gets up, he shouldn't lean forward but instead flow into his unarmed fighting stance.

Victory Pose

It should be like his MKD/MKA victory pose except for the speed of his head coming up. It should be more like how it was in MKDA, and I'd like to see more of a zooming up on him like in MKDA. One possible thing I'd like to see would be for his mask to freeze, kind of like in the MK1 movie, but it's not really necessary.

Well, I guess that's about it for now. Once again, cool thread. Can't wait to do the next character. glasses
Sub-Zero-King
02/02/2007 04:41 AM (UTC)
Sub-zero my favorite kombatant. in terms of story they should somehow restore his youth. maybe by becoming a god at the end of armageddon he was restored youth? don't know. just want to see a young sub-zero. costume wise he should have 2 new costumes. id' like to see one kick ass ninja costume wearing the cryo mask, something like the DA alternate, and one unmasked.
special moves-needs some new ones. i liked the idea about the move called blizzard and the ice shield. maybe a new ground freeze that freezes the entire ground.
Fatalities-he should have 2 at least for mk8. one could be he freezes the opponents skull from the top of the head slowly to the neck then the spinal cord, then spine rip. the other could be he conjures clouds, it starts snowing, harder, then harder, then harder, and harder. finally the opponet is encased in ice. the camera zooms in on the frozen character when sub-zero slides to them and there eyes move back and forth franticly. sub-zero uppercuts the opponet into a million pieces and the frozen head hits the camera.
Drifting_Ravage
02/03/2007 04:11 AM (UTC)
Scorpion

New Move Ideas
Hellhand
- Similar to his UMK3 fatality, the fiery hand takes the opponent into a portal leading underground, and a second later the portal opens to shoots out the opponent smoking.

Hog tie
- Shoots his spear, but instead of it sinking into the opponents throat, it wraps around the opponent tripping them to the ground. Once the opponent has fallen, the spear is instantly recalled.

Awaiting portal
- He creates two portals, throws the opponent into one of them and awaits at the other one with his spear head in hand.

Inferno Spin
- Scorpion lights the rope of his spear on fire and spins furiously.

(No dps for these moves, I had these in another thread already.)

Blood Effect
- When Scorpion bleeds to give him more character, the blood could come out as lava similar to the first mortal kombat movie. He isn’t exactly human and different qualities would make him stand out more.

Fighting Style
A redesigned Ninjutsu.
- It fits his origin of Japan and matches his status as a former assassin.

Weapon
- His sword actually on fire at all times like his deception render. (Mugai Ryu)

Throw
- His throw in Armageddon was inventive enough, this doesn’t need to change.

Voice
- Imo, Boon does a great job with Scorpion’s voice. Though I would like to see different variations of what Scorpion says, like his old “Come here” or adding something like the movie’s “Get down here” to his throw.

Get-Up Animation
- I think it’s great how it already is, spearing the ceiling/sky and rising.

Victory Pose
- Also great how it already is, of spearing the cameraman.

Attires
- I liked his golden armor he wore as an alt in Armageddon, it’s basis was his Shirai Ryu attire, yet it had a lot to it.

- Another idea I’ve always liked is his Shirai Ryu attire being very ripped up, maybe the cloth could even be burnt on the edges. He has been through the depths of hell itself, and could show it in this form. There was a concept in deadly alliance like this, but his mask needed work.

- For an alt, I’d like to see him become more of a spiritual/ghost like nature and less human. Only his head is a skull because of the way he died, his flaming skull could be shown again. And since they are using a better graphical system. He could actually look similar to his alt render in Deadly Alliance.

Storyline
- Striving for eventual redemption, realizing his faults in the past. This was how he was in the past, this isn’t a new concept.

Remember:
MK1: Waiting until the tournament to fight his murderer when he very well could have struck early.
MK2: Realizing this Sub-Zero was not the same he killed, and in return attoning for his sins by being this Sub-Zero’s guardian.
MK3: Turning on Shao Kahn, his only chance of being released from the netherrealm.

Only recently in MKA and Shaolin Monks have they turned Scorpion into a total moron angry at everybody. In Shaolin Monks, he’s a random bad guy against the earth's heroes. And in MKA, he’s preventing all of existence from being saved because the elder gods half assed resurrected his clan. WTF is that? Maybe this is how the MK team likes him, I’m not really sure.

*PS, does anybody know how to make the link that jumps down to a certain section in the page? That would make it look a lot nicer.
LycaniLLusion
02/03/2007 04:51 AM (UTC)
i pretty much think the same things as you drift...especially the spiritual look,he definatly needs to look less human if hes to be in the next game i also think that his spear should be more like the living one in the first movie....and you should be able to control it to go up or down kinda like how kung loas hat throw used to be the toasty fatality should become a special move i think....kinda like sektors flamethrower special instead its coming out the mouth and you should be able to move the flame up or down just incase shooting it straight dont hit em....like if the opponent is in the air you can shoot the flames up
Ermacsmainman
About Me

how bout a cup of shut the hell up.

02/03/2007 02:53 PM (UTC)
Scorpion huh

Well.

COSTUME:

I would also like his primary to be his flaming skull costume from DA

As for his alternate, i would like to have it be him when he was human, Hanzo Hasashi.

FIGHTING STYLE:

I think he should keep Hapkido, although he was good with moi fah.

WEAPON STYLE:

I like his mugai ryu. It has a fair amount of range which is good.

SPECIAL MOVES:

1.) Keep the spear

2.) Skull flamethrower. Like his fatality from mk1 where he would icenerate the opponent by breathing fire.

3.) Keep teleport punch

4.) Keep the backflip kick.

5.)Spinny spear: Scorp gives some slack to his spear and begins to spin in fast circles. However if miss, scorpion will be breifly dizzy.

FATALITIES:

1. Ruler of Hell: Scorpion sends flame down to his spear. He walks up to the opponent. He grabs hold of their throats and sends his spear right through it.

2. TOASTY: Need it.

STOTY:
GET RID OF QUAN CHI ALREADY MK TEAM!!!! Start up a new rivalry or somthing. end it with quan. Get in a spat with Kenshi i dunno
Sub-Zero_7th
02/03/2007 04:15 PM (UTC)
Next character is Scorpion, eh? Ok, here goes...

Fighting Styles

If there's one character that definitely needs a change in fighting styles, that character would have to be Scorpion. None of the unarmed styles he has been given make any sense for him, imo. To me, Ninjutsu is the style that he should've had. This is not just because of him being the only true ninja character in the MK games, but it's also because the founder of the Shirai Ryu, Takeda, is also the creator of Ninjutsu.

The thing about Ninjutsu is that the term itself doesn't really refer to a system of unarmed combat but instead refers to the methods of stealth and espionage along with infiltration and information gathering. The term "nin" not only refers to stealth and espionage, but it also refers to "patience" and "endurance". In terms of the actual styles of Ninjutsu, there are three that go under that label, which would be Togakure Ryu, Gyokushin Ryu, and Kumogakure Ryu.

There is one Samurai school called Tenshin Shoden Katori Shinto Ryu, which teaches Ninjutsu, but it is not a Ninjutsu style. Keep in mind that the Takamatsu-den fighting styles, save for Kukishin Ryu/Kukishinden Ryu and Tagaki Yoshin Ryu/Hontai Tagaki Yoshin Ryu, are highly suspect, especially ones like Togakure Ryu.

However, putting that aside, Scorpion's unarmed style should be Ninjutsu. Although there is no real specific style called Ninjutsu, the name should be used in the games for the sake of story purposes. In terms of techniques, it doesn't necessarily matter which of the three Ryu-ha it's based from. Togakure Ryu is the one that's publicly taught though I hear that you have to learn Gyokko Ryu and Koto Ryu first. Kumogakure Ryu is said to be a lot like Togakure Ryu in terms of its Taijutsu.

This style is known for its practicioners wearing demon masks and armored sleeves. A trademark weapon in Kumogakure Ryu is the Kamayari though I wouldn't want this to be Scorpion's weapon. As for Gyokushin Ryu, well, it's kind of complicated. I used to think that since it seems to come greatly from Gyokko Ryu that it would lean more towards defense, something I don't picture for Scorpion. Although I read about what someone who learned Gyokushin Ryu refer to it more as a Koppojutsu style and being more aggressive.

I guess that overall, I'd rather just go with the basis being from Togakure Ryu. His fighting stance should be one of the more offensive kamae, namely something along the lines of Jumonji no Kamae, which Kage Maru from the Virtua Fighter series, uses in his Hagakure Ryu style.

Jumonji no Kamae looks like this: http://www.weizmann.ac.il/home/tsafriri/bujinkan/picts/JUMONJI.GIF

The feet are in an L shape and the fists are in a Shitoken/Boshiken, which is a fist that has the thumbs out.

IF Ninjutsu can't really be done for Scorpion, then I would at the very LEAST like him to have something along the lines of Tatsumi Ryu, a Samurai fighting style that teaches Yawara, Kenjutsu, Sojutsu, Shurikenjutsu, etc.
----------
Yeah, that was long, but whatever...

Now, about his weapon...I HATE that they made his sword the stupid short, straight-bladed Ninja-To that the Ninja NEVER actually used.

The simple solution is one of two things...

He should either wield a Chisakatana, which is a shortened katana, or he should wield a curve-bladed Ninja-To/Ninpo Katana, which looks like this:

http://www.j-armory.com/Kurokage-Ninpo-1.jpg

Either one is fine.

As for the actual techniques and such, this leads to another thing I hated, the Mugai Ryu style. It's not the style itself that I hated, but the very fact that it was done so inaccurately that it was just annoying. No, I'm no expert on Mugai Ryu or any other systems of Kenjutsu and Iaijutsu, and my knowledge of these things are very little. However, I know of enough to know the stance and moves used in Scorpion's Mugai Ryu stance are total BS.

The stance and moves that were used in his Ninja Sword stance were much more accurate and that stance is an actual Japanese swordfighting stance.

For Scorpion's weapon style, I'm thinking that his stance should either be Seigan no Kamae or Kasumi no Kamae.

Seigan no Kamae looks like this: http://www.mbdojo.com/stances/kenjutsuseigan2.jpg

Kasumi no Kamae looks like this: http://www.mbdojo.com/stances/kenjutsukasumi3.jpg

The techniques, imo, should be derived from Togakure Ryu Bikenjutsu. Now whether that style uses either of those two stances, I don't know. It's more likely that it does.

Throws

His MKA throw is just fine though I'd for him to say "GET DOWN HERE!" when he pulls the opponent down with his spear.

For another throw, it should be a throw from Togakure Ryu.

Special Moves

Bloody Spear: I think for the animation, we should see his rear hand reach to his lower back to grab it. I feel that it should come out a bit faster and recover more quickly than it did in MKDA-MKA. Like with Sub-Zero's Freeze, I think Scorpion's Spear should also have a charge to it and should have the moves from MKSM. When he shoots the regular Bloody Spear, he should say "GET OVER HERE!" sometimes and "COME HERE!" other times.

Teleport Punch: I want his old Teleport Punch from MK1-MKG to return and yes, for it to be able to be done in the air like Sub-Zero's Ice Clone. One thing I would like to see for it in particular is have fiery effects. It can be sort of the same one from his MKA version of the move.

Summon Hellfire: This is Scorpion's best special move, from a gameplay perspective. I think he does need it, and to me, it gives him even more of an offensive edge to his overall gameplay style.

Fiery Flipkick: I didn't really use this move much, but I think he should keep it. It's a mid-hitting, knockdown move that's good for anti-air.

Scissor Leg Takedown: This is his move from MK2 where he drops down and uses his legs to take the opponent to the ground. I think it'd be good for him as he can dodge high and some mid attacks as well as most projectiles, and he'd have a decent low special to go with.

Overall Gameplay

Overall, Scorpion's gameplay style should be kind of the opposite of Sub-Zero's. While Sub-Zero is more advanced and leans a bit more towards defense, Scorpion should be easier to master and lean more towards offense. His Ninjutsu style should have lots of Koppojutsu influences and stick more towards striking than kicking, especially since Japanese martial arts styles tend to have a small focus on kicking techniques.

Storyline

Scorpion's storyline is currently one of the shittiest and that can also be said for his personality. I know some would think it strange for a warrior assassin to have honor and morals and such, but Scorpion is essentially someone who joined the Shirai Ryu as a means of providing a comfortable life for his wife and son. That shows he's someone who cares much for his family.

Ever since MKDA, he's been one big joke. The whole Scorpion/Sub-Zero thing is still unclear despite certain things such as Scorpion's myspace blog. Even so, his story is in desperate need for redemption, otherwise, I DO NOT want to see him return in the future games.

The trick with redeeming Scorpion's storyline is how to fix things by working from the mess that is his MKA storyline. Currently, he's pissed off at the Elder Gods for half-assing the resurrection of his fellow Shirai Ryu ninja. And guess what he wants? Yep, you guessed it...He wants REVENGE! Gee, like Scorpion hasn't wanted that before...*rolls eyes*

So yeah, one thing about Scorpion is that they need to stay away from the whole revenge plot. It's old, boring, redundant, and tiresome. He needs to accept the fact that his family are dead and move on from there. I'm saying he should forget about them. It's just that he needs to put his past behind him.

Another thing that annoys me about Scorpion's story in general, and this is also something that was since MKDA, is how Scorpion can die an infinite amount of times and always come back. Death needs to have meaning and consequence in MK, and this is something I've said before. This especially applies to characters like Scorpion. I think that if he were to get killed, his soul should wander the Netherrealm, without a body. That would make Scorpion more cautious.

Then there's his overall personality. I want the storywriters like John Vogel to bring back the old Scorpion, not the idiotic jackass from MKDA-MKA and MKSM, who goes around looking for trouble only to get his ass handed to him time and time again. He needs to stop being like an immature kid and grow up.

As for his next-gen storyline, well, we all know he's going to make it as he is Ed Boon's #1 favorite. So where to go? Well, that does partially depend on what the main story is and which characters are involved. Should he finally get his revenge on Quan Chi? I'd lean more towards yes. My reasoning is quite simple. If Quan Chi is still around, that means Scorpion will still be bent on revenge, and I'd like his story to stay away from revenge.

One thing I would like to have seen would be for Sub-Zero and Scorpion to team up to take down Noob Saibot. This would be something for much later in the storyline, and the alliance would not be an easy one. Scorpion wanting to take down Noob Saibot should not be out of hate or vengeance, but it should be out of taking responsibility for his actions, putting his past behind him, and putting a stop to a great evil that he helped create.

Other than that, I don't have any particular story ideas for him.

Appearance

In terms of his costumes, I like his MKD primary/MKA alternate and MKSM cinematic looks the best. I'm pretty sure his MKD primary costume is his Elder Gods' Champion costume, so since he's no longer their Champion, I think one of his costumes should be his MKSM cinematic costume.

The other costume should be something new. I'd personally like to see him with some kind of ninja armor look, kind of like what Kage Maru wears in his alternate costume.

Here's a pic of what I'm talking about: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/32/Vf8.jpg/450px-Vf8.jpg

I think it'd be cool to see, and I'd like it if he had a really Japanese-oriented costume to him.

Fatalities

I don't have any particular ideas for new fatalities at the moment. My top favorites for him would probably be his Spear Fatality from MKD and his spear-related fatality in MKSM.

Voice

His MKD/MKA voice is fine.

Get-Up Animation

It's fine as it is.

Victory Pose

It's fine as it is.
--------
Yes, that was one long post. I'm sure my other posts will also be lengthy. One thing I forgot to mention for Sub-Zero's Dragon style is that I'd like to see him use a more defense-oriented stance like the cat stance instead of the horse stance.

Anyway, I look forward to discussing about more characters. smile
ThePredator151
About Me
The Ultimate Mortal Kombat Experience
- Lead Graphic Designer - Mortal Kombat Online -

:G-play

:Story

:F-Design

:Cutout

:Get Sig

:Raiden

:Fans [1] [2]

:#LegendaryArts

02/04/2007 10:02 AM (UTC)
Geeze this is nice!

However, I'm gonna have to hit you in the head with some Scorpion ideas a little layda....for now??==

Just a "Bump"
GraveDigger
02/04/2007 02:18 PM (UTC)
Sub-Zero_7th, I think your idea of Scorpion teaming with Sub-Zero to defeat Noob Saibot is great. However, Scorpion has only "died" twice.

As for my own idea, I can't remember, but wasn't Scorpion's agreement with the elder gods that he too would return to full life? Or was it never stated? Because if Scorpion did become alive again, then that would open alot of doors for him, if only that he'd no longer seek revenge because he and his family are alive again.
Sub-Zero_7th
02/04/2007 08:51 PM (UTC)
GraveDigger Wrote:
Sub-Zero_7th, I think your idea of Scorpion teaming with Sub-Zero to defeat Noob Saibot is great. However, Scorpion has only "died" twice.

As for my own idea, I can't remember, but wasn't Scorpion's agreement with the elder gods that he too would return to full life? Or was it never stated? Because if Scorpion did become alive again, then that would open alot of doors for him, if only that he'd no longer seek revenge because he and his family are alive again.

Yes, I know Scorpion has only "died" twice. My point is that his deaths as a specter should be without consequence.

Scorpion's agreement with the Elder Gods was if he were successful in destroying Onaga, they would bring his clan back to life. There was nothing mentioned about him or his family also getting their lives back.

His family being alive is not the way to go, imo, namely because that cheapens things for him. Like I said before, he needs to put his past behind him and move on.
GraveDigger
02/04/2007 08:57 PM (UTC)
But what if he were alive again? Or should he remain a spectre? I can't decide, but does anyone else have opinions?

On one hand, Scorpion's probably cooler as an undead hellspawn than he would be as a living being. He has the hellfire and the skull/toasty, and the MK team could also incorporate some of Drifting_Ravage's ideas into him aswell.
However, if he were alive again, his story could possibly go many more places than it could go if he stayed dead. Maybe being a resident of hell has stripped Scorpion of his emotions, just as it did with Noob Saibot? Maybe that's why revenge and self-interest are the only things that motivate him? If that were so, then making Scorpion alive again could take his character for a full 360.

If he were human again, he'd probably still have his spear and teleport punch, but would he still have his hellfire? Maybe not, but he could still have his Backflip Kick, albiet without the flame effects. They could also give him the spinning Spear and the scissor takedown moves.
Sub-Frost055
02/04/2007 09:28 PM (UTC)
In MKSM where he twirls his spear around... i want that to come back that was funny and so damaging. when you do the next person... do Frost do Frost!!!grin
Sub-Zero_7th
02/04/2007 10:11 PM (UTC)
GraveDigger Wrote:
But what if he were alive again? Or should he remain a spectre? I can't decide, but does anyone else have opinions?

On one hand, Scorpion's probably cooler as an undead hellspawn than he would be as a living being. He has the hellfire and the skull/toasty, and the MK team could also incorporate some of Drifting_Ravage's ideas into him aswell.
However, if he were alive again, his story could possibly go many more places than it could go if he stayed dead. Maybe being a resident of hell has stripped Scorpion of his emotions, just as it did with Noob Saibot? Maybe that's why revenge and self-interest are the only things that motivate him? If that were so, then making Scorpion alive again could take his character for a full 360.

If he were human again, he'd probably still have his spear and teleport punch, but would he still have his hellfire? Maybe not, but he could still have his Backflip Kick, albiet without the flame effects. They could also give his the spinning move with his spear that Drifting_Ravage coined up, and/or the scissor takedown Sub-Zero_7th coined..

I'd rather he remain a specter. It's part of his tormented character.

I think because Scorpion's rage was so strong that he retained that when becoming a specter. Noob Saibot, on the other hand, lost his compassion when descending into the Netherrealm, and I think Quan Chi and Shinnok had much more control over his creation.

As a human, yeah, Scorpion would probably have the moves you mentioned.
KARATE
About Me
Thanks for the sig Pr0d1gYKomodo 1,

3 -

Mattthew -

PinkRanger -

Shinnok-fan64 -

Ulcatron 1,

3 -

Skinsley -

Nest1 -

Wiido -

Jago -

ThePredator151 -

RomanK -

MK2007 -

Pr0d1gY 1,

3 -

Bone 1,

2 -

Flameshang -

Barakaz_Cuz -

Hikari 1,

2 -

Kamionero -

Xtactics 1,

2 -

MINION -

DevilJin -

Mortalfool -

sbdjuggalos

Anybody want to make me a new sig?

02/05/2007 02:39 PM (UTC)
Well for Scorpion. I would like to see his "Take off his mask and blow fire fatality for one" They need to bring back his Alternate costume,Where his mask is off and his skull is on fire. I think his Dash move he had in UMK# should come back. I always thought it would be cool if he had like a air spear. For instance. If your opponent jumps then it would grab them. How about a new Hellfire move that has more depth.

Scorpion is one of my favorites and hedefinitely needs this work done on him. Sometimes i wish i could make the games. They would be so much more balanced.

Also,Driftingravage if you need a character idea you should use Kung Lao after the Scorpion opinions, that would be great.
Drifting_Ravage
02/09/2007 10:10 PM (UTC)
Liu Kang

New Move Ideas
The way of the White Lotus
- Using Liu Kang’s MK1 fatality as a regular move, (his Butterfly kick/Uppercut combo.)

Shaolin Focus (grapple/throw move)
- Liu Kang puts his hands together and bows, as he is doing this, the opponent attempts to strike him twice and misses. Liu Kang then comes out of a bow and in a slow motion effect spins around the opponent and elbows him hard in side.

Fighting Style
- Jun Fan
(As we all know, this was Bruce Lee's trademarked style, from which Kang was influenced from.)

Weapon
- Something like his dragon sword
(Perhaps others will have better weapon knowledge and know what monks would use.)

Voice
- Call me crazy, but I actually like his turkey gobbles. Maybe it’s the nostalgicness to it, lol I don’t know.

Get-Up Animation
- The way he spun around to get up in Armageddon was pretty cool, I don’t think it needs much improvement.

Victory Pose
- A simple bow would fit his character.

Attire
- A look more like a champion. Not to get too full of himself, but have him wear four medallions depicting each of his tournament victories. Maybe have him wear more gold/silver as an accent to his normal red and black colors.

Storyline
- If he does ever come back, I’d like to see him get a higher role. He doesn’t have to be directly involved with the story any longer, but become some sort of mentor or teacher.

(Sorry about the delay, the next character won’t take nearly as long. Also, I’ll get the original seven first.)
Ninja_Mime
02/10/2007 01:09 AM (UTC)
I want him gone.
Sub-Zero_7th
02/10/2007 02:37 AM (UTC)
Liu Kang

Fighting Styles

Jun Fan: Jun Fan is the Kung Fu style that Bruce Lee created. It incorporates techniques mainly from Wing Chun, Western Boxing, European Fencing, Savate, etc. It doesn't exactly have to have techniques from those styles though there is a basis in Wing Chun principles such as directness, simplicity, and economy of motion, to name a few. His fighting stance should be like the one in the MKSM intro.

His other style could either be Xiangxing Quan (Animal Imitating Boxing) or he could use a weapon such as the Er Jie Gun/Nisetsukon (Two-Section Staff/Nunchaku) or the San Jie Gun/Sansetsukon (Three-Secton Staff)

Throws

His MKD/MKA throw should be one of them. I thought it was fine. His other throw could be from Jun Fan.

Special Moves

High Dragon Fireball: This is his classic fireball move. It should be pretty fast, hit high, and should also be able to be done in the air, just like in the old MKs.

Low Dragon Fireball: The startup of this move should be a bit slower than that of the High Dragon Fireball's.

Flying Kick: I don't know why they changed this move when they put it in MKD, but I prefer the classic version.

Bicycle Kick: The startup animation should have him starting to run before he takes off into the move. There should be a cancel for the Bicycle Kick that has to be done before taking off of the ground. There could even be a mix-up between that and maybe doing a low side kick.

Fireburst Fireball: This is his charged up fireball move from MKSM. It should hit mid and knock the opponent down. There should be a slower startup than the other fireball moves, of course.

Overall Gameplay

Overall, Liu Kang should be a speed-based fighter with some tricks. His gameplay style should somewhat lean more towards offense, but not as much as someone like Scorpion, who leans a bit more towards offense.

Storyline

I think Liu Kang is one of those characters whose storylines have been underrated and overlooked. While I'm not a fan of him, I realize and understand that despite him once being the main hero and Champion of Mortal Kombat, he's no Gary Stu-ish character. In fact, he's a character who I'm sure has regrets as he has gone through tough times.

After his victory in Shang Tsung's Mortal Kombat tournament, he returns home to the Shaolin temple, only to find his fellow monks dead. In MK3, he loses his friend and ally, Kung Lao (though we learn in MKG that Kung Lao survived, but still...). In MK4, after Shinnok's defeat, Kitana offered him a place at her side as King of Edenia. However, Liu Kang, despite his love for Kitana, could not join her as he is bound by his responsibilities as Champion of Mortal Kombat and Protector of Earthrealm. Then in the events leading up to MKDA, he gets killed by the Deadly Alliance along with his soul being taken by Shang Tsung, the very person he defeated in the Mortal Kombat tournament.

Sometime after his burial, Raiden, the person that was his mentor and teacher and like a father to him, betrays him by desecrating Liu Kang's grave and using his body as a tool of destruction. Although Liu Kang and Nightwolf are trying to find a way to reunite Liu Kang's body with his spirit, I'm sure they won't be successful.

I think that it's time for Liu Kang to finally go. His spirit should ascend into the Heavens and rest in peace there.

Appearance

Since I don't want him to return, there's no real point in discussing his attires.

Fatalities

I like his exploding fireball and Dragon morph fatalities the best.

Voice

It should be a mix of his regular voice mixed in with some of the turkey-ish sounds.

Get-Up Animation

His MKA get up animation with the fiery effects from his MKSM get up animation would be fine.

Victory Pose

His MKD/MKA victory pose

Well, that's it for Liu Kang. I'm not a fan of him, and I think he needs to go.
Pages: 3
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.