The recent downtime. (POST BUGS HERE!) -- Updated 16 May
posted02/13/2008 05:13 AM (UTC)by
D'Arque Bishop
About Me

D'Arque Bishop - Sysadmin
drkbish@mortalkombatonline.com

Mortal Kombat Online - The Ultimate Mortal Kombat Experience
-
For a dark man shall enter the House of God...

Hey there,

As everyone likely noticed, we had a severe server problem over the past week. If you hadn't noticed and want to learn more, click here to learn more. In any event, we thank you all for your patience and support while we worked to bring the site back online. It wasn't easy and it took a while, but we're mostly up and running.

However, as some of you might have noticed, the key word here is "mostly". Visitors to MK Warehouse have doubtless noticed the site is offline. A software conflict between two modules was the issue causing the final site bugs, and disabling one of the modules temporarily killed MK Warehouse. I'll be working over the next day or so to get it back online.

In the meantime, we'd like for you to let us know if you find any bugs that have come up after the server crash/migration. Either email me or respond to this thread, and we'll look into them ASAP.

Again, we thank you for your support and well-wishes while we worked to get the site back up and running. In the midst of the stress and rush to get everything fixed, it was greatly appreciated by all of us. smile

EDIT - 3:00 PM CDT 16 May - MK Warehouse is back up, and we appear to have corrected the underlying issues that forced us to close it. Let us know you guys encounter any issues.
~Crow~
05/15/2007 02:53 AM (UTC)
Hmm.
TonyTheTiger
About Me

TonyTheTiger - Forum Director

Mortal Kombat Online - The Ultimate Mortal Kombat Experience
-
Nintendo is comprised of three Japanese words. Nin, Ten, Dou, and when combined it means we kicked the holy shit outta Atari.

05/15/2007 03:44 AM (UTC)
Will do.
ThePredator151
About Me
The Ultimate Mortal Kombat Experience
- Lead Graphic Designer - Mortal Kombat Online -

:G-play

:Story

:F-Design

:Cutout

:Get Sig

:Raiden

:Fans [1] [2]

:#LegendaryArts

05/15/2007 03:44 AM (UTC)
Nothing so far.....

"Surfing" now...

Thank you.
outworld222
05/15/2007 04:09 AM (UTC)
Thank you very much.
RyanRaiden
05/15/2007 04:21 AM (UTC)
Thank you very much Mr. Bishop and CCShadow =D!!

-Ryan C.
sean79
About Me
05/15/2007 06:35 AM (UTC)
Its great that MKO is back, but I've noticed that its going slower than usual, although it may be my computor, anyone else experiencing this?
sean79 Wrote:Its great that MKO is back, but I've noticed that its going slower than usual, although it may be my computor, anyone else experiencing this?

Its going the way it usually does for me.

i was wondering. Did the blackout effect the PM system. Such as lose of PMs sent / recived like the posts and threads that where made?

Also, The posts and threads that were lost during the blackout, Is there anyway of recovering them, or do they simply have to be remade / reposted again?
D'Arque Bishop
05/15/2007 11:59 AM (UTC)
DragoNEn3rgY Wrote:
i was wondering. Did the blackout effect the PM system. Such as lose of PMs sent / recived like the posts and threads that where made?

Also, The posts and threads that were lost during the blackout, Is there anyway of recovering them, or do they simply have to be remade / reposted again?

Anything that was posted after around 8-9 AM EDT on the 9th was lost, whether it was PMs, threads, comments, etc.
SarahMR85
About Me

Thanks to Dragonenergy for the incredible sig!:-)
05/15/2007 03:31 PM (UTC)
DArqueBishop Wrote:
DragoNEn3rgY Wrote:

Anything that was posted after around 8-9 AM EDT on the 9th was lost, whether it was PMs, threads, comments, etc.

Uh-oh. I think that's right around the time I sent Pink_Ranger the PM for the first challenge. sad

-SMR-
TheMkGeek
05/15/2007 07:39 PM (UTC)
No probs for me, site works great so far, and allot faster also, so a big thank you to the Mods! Good work guys!
MegaBabe
About Me
♪♫♪♪♫♪
05/15/2007 07:40 PM (UTC)
At least you got it back up but I'll look around for bugs.
redman
05/16/2007 03:34 AM (UTC)
Well, i'm glad to see the site back up, i owe it to CCShadow, And DArque Bishop, you guys are good.EDIT: I found no bugs.
Toxik
About Me
05/16/2007 03:46 AM (UTC)
Okay.
MegaBabe
About Me
♪♫♪♪♫♪
05/16/2007 06:04 PM (UTC)
On second thought, you might want to post this message in other forums as people in the fanart were asking about MKW so obviously they don't check any other forums. :/
JusFahKinSuPah
05/16/2007 07:10 PM (UTC)
Thanks for the info about the Warehouse, I have patience, at least I know the problem is being worked on grin
DarqloverDB
05/16/2007 08:31 PM (UTC)
As I have said before, I better be loved around here because I am getting neglected. *pouts* Again, just cute when I pout. Mostly just wanted to also say hi to those who have met me and wonder if I even come here. Good work on the site guys. I know that it hasn't been a barrel of laughs with getting things straight. furious
Good to see the site back up and running. Feels great to be back after the downtime.

Since you said to post bugs that we encounter, I just thought I would point out that MKW doesn't seem to work on Opera, but it does on Internet Explorer and Firefox. The error encountered in Opera: "Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL which is required for WordPress." A friend of mine also encountered this.
redman
05/17/2007 12:37 AM (UTC)
Well, i did find one bug.. The time change. It's about 15 minutes ahead, i didn't change my time but wtf? Can you fix it?
D'Arque Bishop
05/17/2007 01:33 AM (UTC)
EdenianSorcererofDarkness Wrote:
Good to see the site back up and running. Feels great to be back after the downtime.

Since you said to post bugs that we encounter, I just thought I would point out that MKW doesn't seem to work on Opera, but it does on Internet Explorer and Firefox.

The error encountered in Opera: "Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL which is required for WordPress." A friend of mine also encountered this.

Do a forced refresh on the page.

That error is a server-side error that has been eliminated. The only way you should be seeing it is if it's cached on your PC.
Thank you, DArqueBishop. MKW is now working once more on Opera.
devilwithin
About Me
The boy kicked out at the world. The world kicked back a lot fuckin' harder.

MK Online Featured User 31/3/2010 12/4/2011
-----------------------Gifts-----------------------
Shinnok-fan64 - s3Kt0r
05/17/2007 03:27 PM (UTC)
The time on fourm is 15 minutes ahead
D'Arque Bishop
05/17/2007 04:25 PM (UTC)
devilwithin Wrote:

Yeah, I'm trying to fix that issue now. Be warned that from 11:10 AM to about 11:25 AM CDT, you may get the "it has been less than a minute since you last posted" error when posting because of the time correction.
redman
05/17/2007 08:19 PM (UTC)
devilwithin Wrote:

Thats what isaid...
mKomBATouttahell
05/18/2007 02:40 AM (UTC)
The avatars are little dots.
Pages: 2
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.