:Story

:F-Design

:Cutout

:Get Sig

:Raiden

:Fans [1] [2]

:#LegendaryArts

05/07/2008 04:48 PM (UTC)
You know Mick, I was actually gonna mention the shoes as being part of what seems off to me. Seems like they tried too hard to um..."color code" him with the "yellar toes". lol

Doesn't look like they wanted a "sleek" sensible "ninja" design. Looks like they wanted an erratic design. Like "keep it simple stupid" isn't the modo with this design. haha... *clears throat*.

Anyway, far as the spandex, I think they might be too concentrated on lighting things. That "glossy" - plastic looking black color that the pants and other dark colored garments ends up looking like as a result of over-doing it. We'll see what it looks like moving around in the game though. But, compare the hazy, fabric look on the MKSM render I posted, to this new Scorpion about his pants.

The old one looks better in that aspect. Looks more realistic. Overall though, I think they're too stuck on the MK3-T Scorpion design. That's when they started in with the "spandex-ninja" design. Even then though, the design was really simple, easy on the eyes to tolerate for long periods of time. Check it out:

MK1: Front - Back -

MK2: Front - Back -

UMK3: Front - Back - Look at this newest picture of Scorpion now, around his hip. Where the ninja star, or, I think that's his spear...See the yellow on his pants right there? UMK3 nod, or what?

Those are easy to look at, and then, the MkSm Scorpion has the same quality about it iMo. Looks like they took all of them, and mixed them together in one outfit. Basically.
==

I agree on the MkDa Scorpion being something other than a cheap comic design. That's something from MKdA and MkD that I certainly appreciated...But I gotta disagree on the textures and all that. MkSm did better for fabric and lighting.

Here's another Scorpion render from MkDa.

Then, MkD Scorpion, or this one. The one I liked the most from last gen.

Says nothing for in-game, which is what I think this new picture could possibly be.

I also agree with the MK1 movie reference. It's part of what's making this new design ok.

The mask in particular.

============

*Shrugs* Like I was saying, this one's fine...it's just not impressive at all. Like they're usually pretty good about.
Sarumanthewhite
05/07/2008 04:48 PM (UTC)
Nice cleaned up image Bezou, my scanner isn't the best and the picture was quite small. But now it looks much better.
Uppercut Editions
About Me

Uppercut Editions - Mortal Kombat Encyclopedia Project Creator and Manager - Join Our Fight and Like the Mortal Kombat Encyclopedia Project on Facebook and Twitter -

05/07/2008 04:49 PM (UTC)
It would have been nicer to see a combination of Chains, unmasked Scorpion and lots of traditional ninja wear.

However, I'm not saddened by this new look. It's fine, I suppose. It just looks like Scorpion is a celebrated ninja and not a hellbound one who continuously escapes the Netherrealm.
PANOS_SOFOS
05/07/2008 04:50 PM (UTC)
I actually like...It has a super hero-like look...I like it a lot!!
Garlador
05/07/2008 04:59 PM (UTC)
PANOS_SOFOS Wrote:

Scorpion the Superhero.

I think a part of me just died inside.tongue
-Jago-
About Me
05/07/2008 05:00 PM (UTC)
Nice design, he kinda looks too space ninjaish though and not as serious. The gem thing on his head sorta reminds me of Ermac....but other than what all I said, he looks pretty badass.
PANOS_SOFOS
05/07/2008 05:01 PM (UTC)
Hahaha....dunno, I like it....It's a nice look! haha!
hwoarong
05/07/2008 05:07 PM (UTC)
I'm really liking the look, but i'm with everyone else on the shoulderpads and wrestling style belt.

But what's grabbing my attention the most is the Background. it appears we will have a hell stage for us to combat in. Looks cool
Deathbearer
05/07/2008 05:10 PM (UTC)
Garlador Wrote:
PANOS_SOFOS Wrote:

Scorpion the Superhero.

>

The world truely is coming to an end.
sub-scropion
About Me

Follow me on Twitter! ---> twitter.com/JayAyEmmyEs

05/07/2008 05:27 PM (UTC)
I like :) and love the oversized belt... Bling bling!!! O and best scorpion mask ever :)
reptilz
05/07/2008 05:31 PM (UTC)
I think his new outfit looks pretty good, better than MKDA, MKSM, and MKD. Not as good as the klassic costum that was his ALT in MKD and in MKA but still looks really good.

And as for his body this would be the best 3D version yet, he isn't FAT, and looks more real.

I dont like the boots and the belt bucket but everything else looks great. I cant wait to see Reptile.
WarriorPrincess
05/07/2008 05:47 PM (UTC)
I LIKE IT! I have no problem with Scorpains new costume design. It's well put together, except for maybe the shoes lol. Ooo, I can't wait to see Kitana !!! She hasn't had a new costume or hair style since Dead Alliance.
burger
05/07/2008 05:52 PM (UTC)
that costumes cool cant wait to see what reptiles gonna look like
reptilz
05/07/2008 06:00 PM (UTC)
Reptile better be ninja form thats all I know, and should have scale detail on his skin. no huge dinosaur feet though, normal feet and normal hands.
S-A-M666
05/07/2008 06:21 PM (UTC)
second picture of mk which is good
nice find,..............good
Bezou
About Me
05/07/2008 06:25 PM (UTC)
I'm just wondering how long it's gonna be before the mods get all delete-y because it's from a magazine scan.
MINION
About Me
Groundbreaking Debut | You[Tube] | deviantART | Twitter
05/07/2008 06:29 PM (UTC)
Wow. Speechless...
VENOMOUS75
05/07/2008 06:44 PM (UTC)
I like it. For the most part. I like that they made the mouthpiece similar to the movie Scorpion's I like the upper half of the costume the most, though I would not have gone with the shoulder guards. I don't like the way the loin cloth comes to a point, I feel it should have been squared/ Would have made the belt smaller, though I do like the scorpion designs surrounding the skull. The legs look as though they were studying Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden. I think I would have made the shin guards more pronounced, more armor-like. The shoes are fine. Overall, I like the concept of the character. But he's my favorite ninja, so I may be biased...
QueenSindel(TheBitch)
05/07/2008 06:52 PM (UTC)
Please tell me that the male characters will look THIS slim in the game instead of like the chunky wrestlers from MKDA - MKA.

Oh please God!
reptilz
05/07/2008 06:59 PM (UTC)
Im right with you QueenSindel.

MKDA-MKA all the male characters where over weight and make it look not realistic and made them look even more cartoony. MK1-MK4 had thin realistic body size characters, Im glad to see where getting that back again.
Nightcrow
05/07/2008 07:02 PM (UTC)
Looks great!

I particularly like these details:

- Kunai attached to his legs, a la Ryu Hayabusa;
- Skull / Scorpion Belt (though i find it quite big);
- Realistic muscle size, and not that exageratedly buff muscular structure that we see in these later games;
- Metal shoulder pieces of armor.

Looks really good so far, i hope for a more "asian / Ninja" style costume for his alternate, something like his DA's primary.
XTREEMIST
05/07/2008 07:16 PM (UTC)
FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
they got rid of that STUPID "body building ninja" look
100hitcombo
05/07/2008 07:18 PM (UTC)
HOR-RI-BLE!!!!!!!!!!!sad
Grimm
About Me

05/07/2008 07:23 PM (UTC)
It's a pretty cool look for him. Though he does look a bit skinnier than usual.
SlapnutsV1
05/07/2008 07:49 PM (UTC)
Works for me.

I wouldn't expect any characters' looks to drastically change until the next stand-alone MK game. MK vs. DC will be strictly familiarity.
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.