The game has a Run feature
posted07/19/2008 05:15 PM (UTC)by
mastermalone
About Me

-XB Live gamertag: I AM YOURDEATH -(PS2 Tag: MASTRMAL)

I don't know if any of you noticed this .....but.....this new MK game has a run feature. That is a very welcome addition! Finally after all these years, the damn game adds a run feature.

Bravo MK Team!

Why wasn't this feature brought to light in any of the videos?

Now all the turles that managed to run away from me in MKD/A will take their ass whippings like men.

If you would like to see for yourself, check out this E3 video

it clearly shows both Superman and Sub Zero doing short sprints. Superman sprints at 0:55, Subby sprints at 1:54 when he knocks Superman out. Looks good so far.

peace

Joe-Von-Zombie
About Me

Sig by MINION

07/18/2008 05:40 AM (UTC)
Awesome find sir and its about time
PapaRoachFan
07/18/2008 05:43 AM (UTC)
disregard this post
Quest2be1
About Me
Veteran@MortalKombatOnline.com
Moderator@MortalKombatUnited.com

07/18/2008 06:02 AM (UTC)
I have never used the run feature before. I am curious how this works.
DeathScepter
About Me

Save a life; Kill a necromorph

07/18/2008 07:25 AM (UTC)
it is more arggessive players like myself to get advantage and surprise attacks on turtles.

alnerating between jumps and running Mk3 thru mk4 is one good stragety that uses run.

Run/Sprint add a extra layer of stragety in itself.
ErmaSco
07/18/2008 07:42 AM (UTC)
DeathScepter Wrote:
it is more arggessive players like myself to get advantage and surprise attacks on turtles.

alnerating between jumps and running Mk3 thru mk4 is one good stragety that uses run.

Run/Sprint add a extra layer of stragety in itself.

Also it makes the players get confused confused

Noob Saibot would never be able to live without the run feature in MKT wink
T-rex
About Me

07/18/2008 08:00 AM (UTC)
Excellent find! I can't believe I didn't notice it.

Now all the whiners who complain about the combat being sluggish can finally shut up.
ThePredator151
About Me
The Ultimate Mortal Kombat Experience
- Lead Graphic Designer - Mortal Kombat Online -

:G-play

:Story

:F-Design

:Cutout

:Get Sig

:Raiden

:Fans [1] [2]

:#LegendaryArts

07/18/2008 08:03 AM (UTC)
Agreed, great addition back in the game.

Also seems to work well because we're gonna have to provoke 3D maneuvers with the joy stick. Either way I used both those features alot. Now, I can probably side-step and then run at you to mix things up a bit.

I welcome it.
JRC15
About Me

07/18/2008 09:32 AM (UTC)
I hope we see running attacks.
SubMan799
07/18/2008 12:59 PM (UTC)
The game was way too slow in the DA-A games. Hopefully this helps speed it up a bit
mkdfan
About Me
07/18/2008 02:13 PM (UTC)
Aww, the good ol' run feature. woo!
Ninja_Mime
07/18/2008 03:17 PM (UTC)
It's been too long. I'm glad it's in.
DrCube
07/18/2008 04:10 PM (UTC)
Actually, I'd hope that it's not a 'run feature', but instead the standard forward dash that every other fighter has.
lordbilly
07/18/2008 04:39 PM (UTC)
Finally, a run button! after all these years! Now, the game will be more fast paced than before.
MK-DA
About Me

07/18/2008 04:56 PM (UTC)
lordbilly Wrote:
Finally, a run button! after all these years! Now, the game will be more fast paced than before.

It's not a run button you have to tap forward twice, see the video below at 1:53
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/188499.html
ShoeUnited
About Me

Puto, ergo non est deus
Non opus est, si pretium non habetis.

07/18/2008 06:13 PM (UTC)
Double tap forward to run, you can do a different style of attack while running. you can sidestep. you can also roll on the ground away from your opponent.

You do not have an attack from a prone position in the game yet.

-Shoe
_JRF_
07/18/2008 06:35 PM (UTC)
Shoe,

Can you give a bit more detail about

side stepping
3d movement and jumping
and the button layout for the controller?

None who has been at E3 has really conversed much of this, and it's really annoying

mkflegend
07/18/2008 07:00 PM (UTC)
ShoeUnited Wrote:
Double tap forward to run, you can do a different style of attack while running. you can sidestep. you can also roll on the ground away from your opponent.

You do not have an attack from a prone position in the game yet.

-Shoe

Good find Malone, that's great this game will be like MK2+UMK3 hehe in a lot ways, can't wait.

And I believe you can wake up to(stay on the ground) in the GS video on stage, there's a part where after Sonya knocks down Superman a second time he stays on the ground longer then usual, thank goodness they brought that back from MKA because it helped LOTS online. lol This shot was at 13:59/14:00

I also noticed another thing, either this is a throw escape or a cancel due to both players trying the same thing at once I believe it's with Superman vs. Sub in one of the E3 vids, I can't remember which one but I think it was the Gametrailer or G4 but you see Supes and Sub try to throw/interactive klose mode and they both bounce off each other.

Quest2be1
About Me
Veteran@MortalKombatOnline.com
Moderator@MortalKombatUnited.com

07/18/2008 07:38 PM (UTC)
Thanks death, that sounds great for people like me who like to play strongly on the offensive.
mkflegend
07/18/2008 08:20 PM (UTC)
Yeah, and that means no more turtling Sub's hehehetongue ^ or in general at least not as much.

This I believe will take some getting used to for the "non-MK3, UMK4 and MK4" players that just played say MK:DA-MKA but I'm really happy the runs back yayyy!

_JRF_
07/18/2008 08:49 PM (UTC)
mkflegend Wrote:
Yeah, and that means no more turtling Sub's hehehetongue ^ or in general at least not as much.

This I believe will take some getting used to for the "non-MK3, UMK4 and MK4" players that just played say MK:DA-MKA but I'm really happy the runs back yayyy!

read above dude, its just a dash and NOT a run button.
Apocalypse27
07/18/2008 08:58 PM (UTC)
Very nice find Malone. This is great news.
TrueNoob
About Me

"There is no knowledge that is not power."

-MK3
07/18/2008 09:08 PM (UTC)
_JRF_ Wrote:
mkflegend Wrote:

Same damn thing, and I'm so glad it's in.
mkflegend
07/18/2008 09:15 PM (UTC)
_JRF_ Wrote:
mkflegend Wrote:

I know but it's an offensive tactic none the less which the past few MK's didn't have, all they had was a small dash back to get away. This is cooler and will make for a more aggressive game
Deathbearer
07/18/2008 10:09 PM (UTC)
I don't see why it's so amazing that there's a run feature but..okay.
Pages: 2
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.