How would you change MKs online experience?
posted11/29/2008 09:58 AM (UTC)by
ThePredator151
About Me
The Ultimate Mortal Kombat Experience
- Lead Graphic Designer - Mortal Kombat Online -

:G-play

:Story

:F-Design

:Cutout

:Get Sig

:Raiden

:Fans [1] [2]

:#LegendaryArts

Well, what you think?

For me:

- I want it to feel like I actually "went somewhere" when I get online. Make it so that it seems more "world-wide web". Think of the Matrix, only in how once Neo gets plugged in to the Matrix, the world is actually...the world. The movie opens up quite a bit from it seeming like they're trapped on that ship that they're on once he's in the Matrix. I don't mean complicate it more, I mean..."Open to Explore for Real Reason". And things to do, and options to exploit should be there. Couple modes for the player that plays for gameplay, couple for people that play for story, couple there for character whores (sry, lack of a better word)...ect

But, I like that playing online gives us the ability to play against folks from other cities, states, and countries. I think they should create something that makes it feel that way more just from going online. Simple aesthetic upgrade seems appropriate.

Another thing I liked was how the MKvsDc website functioned. I think that would be a good start. Scroll left//right//up//down....things roll left//right//up//down. Dojo doors maybe open and shut...something. NOT just "go in a room"....its too boring right now. Nothing is there to keep people interested besides talking shit.
========================

- For modes and stuff, there's plenty. So here's just one:

Scavenger Hunt // King of the Hill - We actually "kill eachother" trying to get whatever the prize is. I wouldn't set it up to where people "go into a match" (that'd get annoying fast). I'd have it more like these latest Call of Duty games where you're running through a map, but MK's comes to an End.

- Time clock is an option, but in particular, I like the idea of maybe having the prize hop around the map after some good time passes(5-10min?). For instance, I take Sub-Zero in, I fight off all these people, and when I get close to a "beacon" where the prize is...the damn thing moves away from that spot. Frustrating if I could see the prize, but didn't get there in time. But very gratifying if I am an excellent strategist and was able to get the prize in time.

- Fatalities could happen like in MkSm, or in MkA's Konquest modes. Little easy ones, and the consequence for the victim is re-spawning away from the prize beacon. We'd have to perform some easy combo, or fill up a bar like in MkSm or MkA first, in order to be able to perform a fatality. Nothing too difficult because the thought is that we'd be doing fatalities and stuff over and over in this mode. Fatalities should be really impressive though. No brutality stuff for this mode because you'd have to kill your opponent.

- The prize should never transport to, or close to a re-spawn location because there should only really be one re-spawn site. Why that seems fun to me, is because you'll have people wacking the crap out of each other, right around the re-spawn point so that they can get an early advantage. Maybe everyone starts at the bottom of a mountain, or in a hut//bar or something...idk.

Only exception to this, is when teams are involved. In that case, two re-spawn locations are necessary, and would make it feel a lot like playing through MKA's opening video. One member on the team that gets the prize wins the map for the team and they all reap the benefits.

Rewards could be:

- The Prize. Which is anything general like, a big chess of money, a crapload of experience points, power or rank upgrades (your characters stats make your character stronger), "everybody gets a new skill or special power (more moves for you to integrate into your fav or created character, or just another special power that you didn't know say Scorpion was capable of)....whatever.

Point is, the reward needs to make people desperately want them, and once we get to the point where we have most of the stuff that there is to get....then try to get the "highest score", or try to be the "highest ranking member on the team", or maybe by then, you're just playing to find the secret character in the game that's responsible for moving the damn prize around all this time. Never know. You might have to be of a certain stature, in order to be able to search for that secret character.

i.e., your character has to be able to withstand idk, immense heat, have the amphibian badge, and have to have the badge for 50 fatalities performed or something. Whatever....

- How many fatalities you performed. Really, this is just a badge or something to prove that you are a player that can, and has done a crapload of fatalities on other players. I don't think of this like a badge of honor, but more like a battle scar.

- Number of fights won w/o fatalities. Tougher, and should take you longer to achieve since doing a fatality would be the easy//quicker route but, the more fights you win w/o a fatality, the greater your personal points. Or whatever.

- No fights fought, no fatalities done, but you got the prize anyway. "Flawless Victory". Might be the greatest reward you could win.

- There should be "levels" for all of these: "Superb, Excellent,.....Pathetic"...ect Between 0-100pts = Pathetic......but between 50,000 and up = Magnificent and so on and so forth on up the pts scale.

The more points you rack up, the more __(pts?//$$? of some sort)__ you get for just playing the thing. If your team wins, you get your personal player pts, and a team bonus.

In levels though. If you put in some good work, and you are the player that captures the prize for your team...you get ___(something unique that no one else knows about until they win like you did)___ in addition to your personal pts

You put in work, but your team looses? You take a "pay cut" on personal points dawg. lol

You don't do nothin', you don't get nothin' ha!
-------------

Other stuff I'd say, would be

:: Weapons, but that have a definite limit. Like throwing stars, bow & arrow.....or like Swords that break after one person uses them. A gun that actually runs out of bullets. That....or just little power orbs that pop up less than frequent, and at random all over the map so that you can use a special power if you need it.

These things can have different properties and purposes too. Like flight, or teleporting, or speed, or a portal. BUT, certain things, based on the character that you're using, you wouldn't be able to use. Like, Sub-Zero can't use Scorpions spear......but he can pick it up heheheh....as to prevent a near-by Scorpion player from being able to use it.

But you get it, "abilities". Swinging on things, climbing on things, running up things...ect. Weapons are not just things you can hold. They are things that give you some kind of advantage.

:: There should be a limit to how many of these things you can pick up, and for how long you can use or hold them. Or, maybe just filling up a certain amount of slots prevent you from overcoming some obstacle in the map (like, you need to be able to swing across something in order to get to the prize, but all your slots are filled up with stuff that other players need. In other words, "You tried to prevent some other character from getting some weapon too much, filled up your slots, and now you can't get the prize"..ect)

For that instance, you should be able to "dump" some, or all of that stuff. But you run the risk of giving the other players an unfair advantage against you if they find the spot where you dumped some or all of that stuff off. And besides that, you have to come back to that spot, or find a different way to get to the prize. But what if you're so close you can see it? eh?

=====================================

Anyway....that's one of the little modes. All this typing makes it seem more complicated than I think it would play.

Your turn. How would you change MKs online experience?
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.