Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

What's Next?
Mortal Kombat 11 (82.6%)
MK Action-Adventure (8.6%)
MK HD Re-release (3.2%)
WWE Immortals (0%)
MK Krossover (2.1%)
MK Special Forces (2.1%)
Other (1.0%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • May 19th, 2018
    Book of Souls Kombat Encyclopaedia Now Free eBook [Read On]
  • April 29th, 2018
    Shao Kahn Overthrows Onaga in PCS 1:3 Scale Statue [Read On]
  • April 18th, 2018
    DC Announces Injustice vs He-Man [Read On]
  • April 16th, 2018
    Classic Superman Brings Golden Age to Injustice 2 Mobile [Read On]
  • March 31st, 2018
    Confirmed Ready Player One MK Cameos [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

General Discussion

Discussing Anything and Everything That isn't MK.
Page of 4

~Crow~Posted: 08/06/2009 05:16 PMStatus ::
Ed Boon On Twitter!

Recently, Mortal Kombat series co-creator and project lead Ed Boon has been bitten by the Twitter bug. Due to Ed's plentiful updates with Mortal Kombat information as well as images, this thread is being created to house all the material in one, convenient location for the fans to easily access. With each new image added, this topic will be edited accordingly. When new additions are made to this news lead, it will be moved to the top of the thread listings. The most recent change will be listed first, while older material will be categorized by type and date originally released. Also, be sure to follow Ed Boon on Twitter yourself!

MK Deception Early Artwork

April 10, 2010: Found some old MK Deception box concepts made by and old ad agency.

MK Deception Box Concepts
Update: January 25, 2010 - Ed Boon has posted, "EEE!" The only explanation for this exclamation is his excitement about the E3 convention, and a hint that MK9 will make an appearance there.

Box Art for 'MK Realms'

Promo for beta of MKD - MK Realms

November 25, 2009: A little useless trivia. At one point we were going to call MK Deception...MK Realms. Cuz of all the....well, Realms.

MK vs DC goes 'Greatest Hits'

October 25, 2009: After selling over 2 million MKvsDCs, I'm psyched that it's going to Greatest Hits for the holidays! :)

MK1 Source Code - Sonya's Square Wave Flight - Written in 34010 Assembly:

MK1 Source Code Revealing Sonya's Square Wave Flight (Written in 34010 Assembly)

October 25, 2009: Even if you dont know 34010 assembly language you might figure this one out.

The origin of Reptile:

Pic of MK1 Find Reptile Contest

September 9, 2009: Dug up another old one. One Sunday I went through the KFC drive through on California & Irving Park. While waiting in line I realized that it would be really easy to make a 3rd ninja using Subzero & Scorpion's images, tinted green. I decided not to tell anyone on the team.

When I got back to work, I programmed some quick & obscure rules on how to find him and made his fights at the bottom of this pit & called him Reptile, which now I'm embarrassed by since that name is so generic. A few hours later he was in the game and I told no one.

A couple of weeks later I heard players talking about it at the Diversions arcade and weeks later I got this picture in the mail. Seems like one arcade REALLY got into the Reptile mystery & had a contest for the player that could find him first.

Here is the picture they sent me. love the way the Dragon they drew on the poster looks like a Dragon-Duck mutt.

Macaulay Culkin playing MK1::

Macaulay Culkin on MK1 Prototype

September 8, 2009: So...WAY back in the day, while working on MK3, we were asked to show Macaulay Culkin how we made our games. So he stopped by for a visit.

He brought his brother and some friends along & spent a few hours at Midway. During lunch he told us that Michael Jackson sent him...

a full size MK1 arcade cabinet. Here are a couple of pics from that day.

Pictures taken with a polaroid camera which screwed up.

Notice the rats nest of hardware screwed on to the cabinet of my work station. 1 programmer = 1 mess!

You might notice the (brick & blood) graphics on the cabinet. Those were the original graphics for NARC. But they were eventually replaced.

Behind the scenes:

MK1 Behind The Scenes Photo Of KanoMK9 Motion KaptureMK1 Behind The Scenes Photo Of Goro
MK1 Behind The Scenes Photo Of Sheeva

August 5, 2009: Rich Divizio motion capture work
July 30, 2009: MK9 fatality motion capture work
July 15, 2009: MK3 Sheeva stop-motion figure
June 20, 2009: MK1 Goro stop-motion figure

Concept art:

Ed Boon shows how MKDA used different models to show damage4 Player Kombat Beta SketchColored MK:DA Dairou Concept
MKvsDCU Joker Fatality conceptMK Deadly Revenge (Beta) and MK Tournament Edition (Final) Box ArtA Physical MKD Earthrealm Rap
MK Deception Falling Cliffs Arena Sketch by GoskieMKDA Test Your Sight SketchMKDA Male Vampire - Nitara's Counterpart
MKDA Beta Mavado (from Boon's Twitter)MKDA Swamp Beta LevelQuan Chi from cancelled MK vs DCU DLC

September 19, 2009: Damage in MKDA/MKD/MKA
August 12, 2009: Rough Concept for 4 Simultaneous Players
August 11, 2009: Colored Dairou concept
August 11, 2009: Colored Dairou concept
August 7, 2009: Joker fatality concept
August 5, 2009: MK: Deadly Revenge concept box art
August 4, 2009: MKD Earthrealm corkboard
August 3, 2009: Falling Cliffs concept art
August 1, 2009: Test Your Sight concept
July 31, 2009: MKDA character concept
July 30, 2009: Mavado concept
July 23, 2009: MKDA Swamp arena concept
July 7, 2009: Quan Chi DLC render

Other Games:

Screenshot of Scorpion From The GridNBA Jam Soul Chamber Hidden Court

August 19, 2009: Picture of Scorpion from The Grid
July 22, 2009: Discarded NBA Jam unlockable court

Note: Due to the nature of this topic, we will be unable to award our users who submit news leads for Twitter related updates. However, we do appreciate your continued support!

~Crow~Posted: 08/06/2009 05:17 PMStatus ::

Visits::39491
Nationality::Antarctica
RE: Ed Boon On Twitter!

Give me some time to work out the HTML kinks, not really my strong point.

Vash_15Posted: 08/06/2009 05:36 PMStatus ::

Visits::11780
Nationality::United States

Cool thread. While it was nice seeing new news every morning, this is good too. Nice idea ~Crow~!

~Crow~Posted: 08/06/2009 05:46 PMStatus ::

This is mostly done in anticipation of "major" news, such as information about the next game's release, story, characters, gameplay, etc. I certainly don't want to say that anything of these things aren't worthy to be reported about on the site, but imagine the overload of news threads once MK9 gets into full swing. Wouldn't be a pretty sight.

This way we can still keep track of Ed (and I personally think this method is better as it allows you to see everything without running all over the place) and be prepared not to have the forum flooded with news leads.

Nic-VPosted: 08/06/2009 06:13 PMStatus ::

Visits::2909
Nationality::Denmark

And control the angry masses

seanayPosted: 08/06/2009 06:40 PMStatus ::

Visits::9277
Nationality::United Kingdom

all the crap bundled together woo

TonyTheTigerPosted: 08/06/2009 06:43 PMStatus ::

Visits::17225

I support this. Far easier and neater to keep all the updates here. In fact, I missed one or two because the news leads were coming too quickly.

TonyTheTiger - Forum Director

Photobucket
Mortal Kombat Online - The Ultimate Mortal Kombat Experience
-
Nintendo is comprised of three Japanese words. Nin, Ten, Dou, and when combined it means we kicked the holy shit outta Atari.
ThePredator151Posted: 08/06/2009 06:46 PMStatus ::

Visits::1551

Yay!

Nic-V Wrote:
And control the angry masses

lol

The Ultimate Mortal Kombat Experience
- Lead Graphic Designer - Mortal Kombat Online -

:G-play :Story :F-Design :Cutout :Get Sig :Raiden :Fans [1] [2] :#LegendaryArts
RiyakouPosted: 08/06/2009 09:29 PMStatus ::

Visits::5625

Eew, an official thread.

Anyhoo, that Deadly Revenge cover looks like something I would have posted in the Fan Submission Forum. Predator, I don't wanna hear it... see it rather.

It's bad enough I owned up to it.

~Crow~Posted: 08/06/2009 11:48 PMStatus ::

With how negative you people are, it's no wonder we never get a "good" MK game. I don't blame them anymore honestly. This community honestly doesn't deserve it. I'd be ashamed to have Ed read any of these threads and see the way a lot of you are acting. I'd not give a crap about making a quality product for any of you. Most developers don't take the time to share little things like this with the fans, and all that's done here on what's the "biggest" MK site is moaning. I can't really imagine what any of them think if they stop by here. I guess they would realize their fanbase is composed of a lot of sniveling, whiny brats who don't appreciate friendly acts of kindness. He doesn't have to post this stuff you know.

I realize the every day threads were much, so I opted to make this one. Yet, people still post negativity. Can't please anyone I guess. I'm really fed up with attitudes of some of you at this point.

MINIONPosted: 08/07/2009 12:00 AMStatus ::

Visits::11469

~Crow~ Wrote:
With how negative you people are, it's no wonder we never get a "good" MK game. I don't blame them anymore honestly. This community honestly doesn't deserve it. I'd be ashamed to have Ed read any of these threads and see the way a lot of you are acting. I'd not give a crap about making a quality product for any of you. Most developers don't take the time to share little things like this with the fans, and all that's done here on what's the "biggest" MK site is moaning. I can't really imagine what any of them think if they stop by here. I guess they would realize their fanbase is composed of a lot of sniveling, whiny brats who don't appreciate friendly acts of kindness. He doesn't have to post this stuff you know.

I realize the every day threads were much, so I opted to make this one. Yet, people still post negativity. Can't please anyone I guess. I'm really fed up with attitudes of some of you at this point.

I agree. Beggars can't be Choosers. I know people expect MK9 news, but I assure you patience is a Virtue. I love MK but I figure when they get done what needs to be done theres no rush. The more media they drain from these new games, the more hype that is built, the more fans expect, the less quality we get from a game. I'm 90% sure WBidway is taking time to release top quality media. At least we will know that it's at least being done correctly. They have more money now to budget out these games. I wouldn't expect anything less then extreme care over MK9. My opinion at any rate.

P.S. Great job crow! Looks very well organized I like!

Groundbreaking Debut | You[Tube] | deviantART | Twitter
DrZoidbergPosted: 08/07/2009 12:09 AMStatus ::

Visits::788

Good idea to make this one topic but a feed of his account on the front page would be better.

RiyakouPosted: 08/07/2009 12:17 AMStatus ::

~Crow~ Wrote:
**a lot of stuff**

The bad games came before the ranting.

If they make something bad , we will say it, just like in the Fan Submission Forum.

You can stay fed up, because it's not our fault they made bad stuff.

~Crow~Posted: 08/07/2009 12:21 AMStatus ::

Riyakou Wrote:
~Crow~ Wrote:
**a lot of stuff**

The bad games came before the ranting.

If they make something bad , we will say it, just like in the Fan Submission Forum.

You can stay fed up, because it's not our fault they made bad stuff.

They didn't "make something bad" with this particular set of images is my point. He's using Twitter to reach out to the community, to try and share things with them, and you are all juvenile about it as usual.

If you don't like this or don't think it's "news", then guess what? Don't post in the topics. No one forced your hand, and yes I will and can say that if you don't have anything nice to say then say nothing at all. This isn't complaining about a product, this is just being an asshole because some of you must have nothing better to do in life than complain about something as petty as this.

No more. Off topic discussion ends. Either discuss the topic at hand or don't post at all. Don't whine about anything here being "not real news" or whine that there aren't any MK9 images.

RiyakouPosted: 08/07/2009 01:02 AMStatus ::

Fine.

ON TOPIC: the stuff sucks... except the Falling Cliffs, I still like that, though it's old.

Oh, and Quan Chi. My reason for staying loyal...

ThePredator151Posted: 08/07/2009 01:22 AMStatus ::

Riyakou Wrote:

Just stop with the negativity man, geez. It makes the community look bad when all Boon is doing is posting up stuff that we may or may not already know about.

I've tried to deliver the same exact message as ~Crow~ is doing here, to a few of you guys no doubt. Couple other threads at different times. The Quan Chi render release is one. It was resolved then, why start it up again with this thread, and with ~Crow~? Doesn't make sense.

That said, I'm glad Boon's reaching out, & allowing us to have access to him aside from just the coming game. AND I'm glad ~Crow~ made this consolidated thread for all the stuff.

Just put a sock in it with the negativity....anyone, really.

Vash_15Posted: 08/07/2009 01:40 AMStatus ::

Boon posted saying Twitpic isn't accepting his password and he was gonna post the first mk9 screen. He teases

RomanKPosted: 08/07/2009 02:14 AMStatus ::

Visits::4995

ThePredator151 Wrote:
Riyakou Wrote:

Just stop with the negativity man, geez. It makes the community look bad when all Boon is doing is posting up stuff that we may or may not already know about.

I've tried to deliver the same exact message as ~Crow~ is doing here, to a few of you guys no doubt. Couple other threads at different times. The Quan Chi render release is one. It was resolved then, why start it up again with this thread, and with ~Crow~? Doesn't make sense.

That said, I'm glad Boon's reaching out, & allowing us to have access to him aside from just the coming game. AND I'm glad ~Crow~ made this consolidated thread for all the stuff.

Just put a sock in it with the negativity....anyone, really.
Yeah I agree with you Pred and with crow as well.We need to support Ed and his team and hope for the best.Now with Warner Bros, we have a big chance with making an MK that has to do with what we want to say and if people are just negative, how can you expect anything good? I also like how Ed takes the time to keep us updated.As busy as everyone in the team is,he still finds the time to do it.

Photobucket
DrZoidbergPosted: 08/07/2009 02:25 AMStatus ::

Visits::788

Vash_15 Wrote:
Boon posted saying Twitpic isn't accepting his password and he was gonna post the first mk9 screen. He teases

So that means MK9 is confirmed! He never said if they were working on it or a spin-off. Don't know if it was a mistake. But another true Mortal Kombat is awesome news.

Nic-VPosted: 08/07/2009 03:11 AMStatus ::

Visits::2909
Nationality::Denmark

Vash_15 Wrote:

Just for clearance this is the exact quote:
"Twitpic doesn't want to accept my password tonight so no "making of pics"...2 bad cuz I was ready to upload the first MK9 screen shot. ;)"
He's playing with us

ShingoEXPosted: 08/07/2009 03:36 AMStatus ::

Visits::31468

DrZoidberg Wrote:
Vash_15 Wrote:

So that means MK9 is confirmed! He never said if they were working on it or a spin-off. Don't know if it was a mistake. But another true Mortal Kombat is awesome news.

Check his backlog on his Twitter. They're definitely working on the next MK (although I still think it should be MK8, not 9). They've already done some mocap work and are fiddling with ideas for fatalitites...

JironobouPosted: 08/07/2009 12:27 PMStatus ::

Visits::8085

damn, this is his newest post thing:

Twitpic doesn't want to accept my password tonight so no "making of pics"...2 bad cuz I was ready to upload the first MK9 screen shot. ;)

Terrible news, it seems I've returned...
Old Signature Collection
~Vash_15,redman~
If you can't read this you're short
ThePredator151Posted: 08/07/2009 12:53 PMStatus ::

I'm hoping they do a new and improved version of the MKD story mode. It may have been tedious for them judging by the board pictures, but I think it was a good investment. That mode made the game playable for at least 6months for me.

Running around, talking to the AI, trying to find all the stuff...ect. Alot of people don't like the meditating, and I agree it was kind of silly. But I think it gave the game a good work/reward balance. Maybe less of that sort of thing would work better (maybe only 5 secrets hidden like that next time).

I'd love it if they accomplish letting us use a dedicated (or not completely dedicated) KAKharacter system, and make us actual contestants in that stories MK contest. Then we can die like Art Lean vs Goro in the MK1 movie!

HA!

DrZoidberg Wrote:

Your avatar is awesome.

Vash_15Posted: 08/07/2009 01:20 PMStatus ::

I liked Meditating, the whole speed up time thing let me see the guys that were only there on certain days and times like Motaro.

MortalKombatdePosted: 08/07/2009 02:06 PMStatus ::

Visits::1413
Nationality::Germany

~Crow~ Wrote:

Thanx for posting this crow!!! you speak out what alot of people thinking .

i cant believe this was a good community back in the days. now its just a place for haters, and unthankful people.

MKO died a long time ago! so sad__

Page of 4

© 1998-2018 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.