Zmoke
02/21/2011 04:03 PM (UTC)
Smoke Specials & Fatalities I've collected all the ideas through this topic into this one big post. If you still have something in mind, you can catch the others if you post your ideas soon enough.

You can reason your choice at will and comment along voting.

Either choose the best five ideas or rate every idea. Latter recommended.

#1: One I've posted since the dawn of time is that I'd love him to disappear, reappear behind the enemy, kick them in the back of the knees, and grab them in a headlock while covering their nose and mouth with the other hand. Then we'd see a ton of fumes emerging from that area and watch them struggle until he lets them go and they fall over face-first. -Shadaloo (Rate 1-5)

#2: I'd rather him turn into smoke-form and enter the opponent's body, then burst out of it like in Nightmare on Elm Street 2. -Dragonkeeper1982 (Rate 1-5)

#3: I think it's be a cool fatality if he turned himself into a gaseous form as clouds of dark fog rises from beneath the enemies feet. He pulls them into the ground until they are stuck from below the waist, re-appears in front of them and kicks the head clean off them. The body could sorta stagger backwards as blood fountains out of the dead body. Explaining comic. -NoobSaibot 5 (Rate 1-5)
#4: Well, I've always believed Shang's MKII body invasion should belong to him, but I had an idea for another one ages back where he de-solidifies his forearms and hands, phases them through the enemy's torso, re-solidifies, they give a sudden scream of pain, and he rips out their lungs. Hell, he could do that with any organ he chose. He could just solidify his fist in them somewhere, wouldn't even have to rip anything out. -Shadaloo (Rate 1-5)
#5: A second fatality of his would be to knock his opponent to their knees, cover their mouth from behind (similar to a neckbreaker position) and emits a steady stream of gas into the victim's lungs as they cough and splutter. He allows them to suffer and choke for a second or two before breaking his opponent's neck. -NoobSaibot5 (Rate 1-5)
#6: For special moves I was thinking he could have a parry move similar to Sub-Zero's Ice Parry from MKvsDC, except when he's attacked he merely dissipates into smoke vapor and re-appears behind the enemy with a surprise uppercut. Or maybe even a version of the Ice-Clone where he backflips away from the enemy as a way of maintaining distance from the foe, but leaves a large amount of Smog behind in the position he was standing in. This staggers the opponent as they choke and cough, disorientated by the gas, and also gives Smoke the opportunity to escape a close-range attack whilst stunning his foe in the process. -NoobSaibot5 (Rate 1-5)

#7: This is my old Human Smoke fatality idea. My fatality ideas tend to be a bit too elaborate. Smoke creates a smokescreen across the entire place. The enemy (lets say Kitana) is slowly wandering through it, being extremely cautious. Suddenly there is a flash of movement and Kitana gets punched in the face, another flash of movement and she gets punched in the stomach. She would then be on one knee and should look in front of her. She will see a silhouette (sp?) running toward her through the smoke. Kitana will scream in terror, and suddenly a sword (or any weapon) will burst out of her wide open mouth. Smoke was behind her and stabbed her through the back of the head and out the mouth. -Rastabortionist (Rate 1-5)

#8: Smoke disappears and reappears behind opponent, kicks them so they fall to their knee, then he beheads them, dissapears in smoke and lifts the opponents head up held high. -noobsmoke_mk (Rate 1-5)

#9: I do like the irony of Smoke trying to appeal to Hotaru,but since he fights to oppose control and restraint,it would make much more sense for him to ally himself with the Chaos Clerics. Besides,his element is smoke - shapeless,free-flowing and unrestrained. That's why I reckon that the very idea of containment and mindless obedience is utterly revolting to him on a very deep level. -T-rex (Rate 1-5)

#10: After seeing Liu's new Dragon Reversal Teleport thingy, I realized that if anyone were to have a counter/teleport, it'd have to be Smoke. -T-rex (Rate 1-5)

#11: I had this one idea about a special/super move Smoke might have. It works essentially like Reptile's invisibility,but with a different visual flair: 1. Smoke creates a massive smokescreen that covers the entire bottom half of the screen 2. Until the smokescreen starts dissolving (I'd say 5 seconds,give or take),Smoke is completely invisible. 3. -The opponent,on the other hand,is actually brightly highlighted,with a definite outline that makes any frame changes and possible counterattack attempts immediately obvious. I was thinking something along the lines of a heat signature or something. I imagine that'd be pretty unsettling for the opponent - smoke all around you,can't see shit,the attack can come from anywhere... And on top of that,he's feeling especially vulnerable because he's basically got a bullseye painted on his ass. 4. Making the smokescreen last a set amount of time with no regard to whether Smoke gets hit or not after activating it could help to further differentiate it from Reptile's. Smoke can't initiate the attack again. -T-rex (Rate 1-5)

#12: What if Human Smoke plays just like Cyber Smoke? I seriously love the idea. Yes he would still use a harpoon but I don't understand why HE can't have one just because Scorpion has one. It sure didn't stop him from having it in MK2, MK3, UMK3, and MKT. Plus it would be the only move Smoke and Scorpion would have in common. Their teleport would still be different. Scorpion jumps backwards and attacks from behind, and Smoke drops off screen and rises with an uppercut. You would have the look of Ninja Smoke with the familiarity of Cyber Smoke. Another gameplay option would be to give him two styles. Does anyone here play street fighter? There's a character in SFIV name Gen (he's also in the alpha series) and he has two fighting styles you can switch back n forth with while in battle. What if with Smoke you can go back n forth while in play? -RedVirtue (Rate 1-5)

#13: Smoke should be more gymnastic than Sub-Zero cos SZ is bulkier than him, so Smoke should move very fast. His moves could be glide-in-air (like snowboarders do), 720 spin-kick etc. Basically he should be as fast as Scorpion and strong as Sub-Zero hehe. His weapons should either be Kusarigama or a Shuriken or both lmao. Yup both. Kusarigama. -noobsmoke_mk (Rate 1-5)

#14: Smoke gets mad at sub for trying to reform the lin kuei at the end of the game, smoke walks away and finds a portal. on the other side something like this happens: ???= welcome my friend...// *steps out of shadows* // havik= to chaos! smoke becomes a cleric of chaos and travels back to earth, he then talks to sub-zero // smoke= I am now one with chaos... // subby= you are lin kuei! // smoke= no... not anymore, I shall bring upon the destruction of all organizations! no one shall be controlled ever again! // havik= I sense that we are no longer wanted in this realm... // *smoke and havik leave* // -cagedrage (Rate 1-5)

#15: X-RAY MOVE- smoke sticks his hand in their chest and fills it with smoke, opponent bends over coughing, smoke uses the nosebreaker grab cracking their skull // smoke pulls out the enemies intestine and chokes them to death with it // smoke breaks the opponents leg, arm, and neck // Alt cos. Havik // -cagedrage (Rate 1-5)

#16: no 1 to 1 copy of it but i think it should b included in some form. i mean yea he was basically a clone of scorpion but why not expand on his UMK3 ending? it said he was to study his ninja counterparts, so why not give him some moves similar to the other ninjas, but at the same time completely different. for example, no shared animations, and all moves would have a "smokey" twist to it...like, instead of a harpoon, maybe it could b a chain. he would fling out to have it tightly clench around the enemies neck. smoke would then real them in close enough to grab there face, covering there nose and mouth.(barrowed through inspiration, lol)
his hand would then emit smoke, engulfing the opponents head in a toxic smoke cloud, stunning them and giving the player a free hit.(like scorpion but different!) keep in mind this is all done in about the same amount of time the original spear move is done, so it'd b quicker than it reads, lol. just an idea of how they could make the moves his own instead of 1 to 1 copies. -Hitori (Rate 1-5)

#17: im wondering if he can materialize stuff out of his smoke powers. if so, consider this alternate. instead of a chain the move would start out with him empty handed, smoke would then move both his arms out to the side as if he was about to throw something. he would lurch both arms forward and halfway through the motion you would see smoke-like vapor start to form into 2 chains/ropes. -Hitori (Rate 1-5)

#18: 1st X-Ray: this ones very simple, Smoke dashes in all ninja like, fist cocked and loaded, he then delivers a punch to the jaw so powerful it fractures and dislocates it. following that punch(lets say it was delivered wit his left hand) he turns his back to his opponent in a sort of crouched stance and with his right arm lands a blow to the stomach with his elbow rupturing an organ and causing them to cough up blood. // 2nd X-Ray: (starts on the "player 1" side of the screen) Smoke would throw down a smoke bomb at his feat creating a shroud of smoke(of course lol) he would dash to the left (off screen) only to appear behind the opponent. the screen would darken and the x-ray move would begin. Smoke would grab them from behind, arm clenched tight around their neck. with the other arm he would place his hand over their face, releasing yet again, smoky vapors causing them to cough. with a quick jerk to the right he would fracture there neck and cause muscle damage, then he'd deliver a "This is Sparta!" kick to the back, fracturing the spine and breaking a rib or two. -Hitori (Rate 1-5)

#19: 1. Smoke retains his "borrowed moves" but they look way different (smokey). But the moves more or less have the same/similar effects they had before. Example- Smoke's harpoon is replaced by smoke/mist that draws you near.

2. Smoke has two play-styles in one character. You can transform back n forth between human and cyber. Human looks like a ninja but doesn't share any ninja moves. Cyber plays like MK3/UMK3. -RedVirtue (Rate 1-5)

#20: Special moves' name ideas: Detecting Smoke // Scum Suffocates // Incoming Torpedo // Threeway Death (using trident) // Now You're Out (teleport) // You're Stoned // Combi Trombi (spin move going back and forth taking opponent within) // (+) Human Smoke should only whisper in Mortal Kombat (2011). -Zmoke (Rate 1-5)

#21: Give Smoke a ghost-like move; he'd go for instance through floors, walls, people, etc. -Zmoke (Rate 1-5)

#22: In Mortal Kombat 10, Smoke could have a serious injury which would force him to rely on cybernetics he thought he avoided and what he hated. Smoke would still be a ninja but like Kano or Kabal and become an obdurated desperado. He obtained his cyborg legacy aback. Smoke could obtain his cyborg form back in many ways afterwards. The looks for Smoke after the #2 outcome would be similar to this: "Smoke BeautyShot". -Zmoke (Rate 1-5)

#23: The Smokes could be separated like in Smallville's season 8 (spoilers); Davis Bloome separated from his Kryptonian persona, Doomsday. If this was to happen, the Smokes should then differ greatly, human being in the Forces of Light and cyborg in the Forces of Evil. Something like Yin and Yang. -Zmoke (Rate 1-5)

#24: In his human form where he had no nano technology, it could be that Smoke had fire as an additional element. His special moves would be a lot more diverse. "Where there is smoke, there is fire." -Zmoke (Rate 1-5)

#25: Special Move: Smoke grabs the opponent behind, creating a big smoke puff around, vanishing and leaving only a smoke puff in the floor, ending with the opponent falling from the sky to the floor (and Smoke transforms back to his body form from the smoke puff). -Zmoke (Rate 1-5)

#26: Special Move: Boardwalk. Smoke rides a small cloud like a surf board towards the opponent (like Flying Kick but diagonal). This works the best to opponents who are in the middle of a jump. -Zmoke (Rate 1-5)

#27: Special Move: Bad Day. Smoke shoots a cloud projectile the same way Ermac shoots projectiles. Bad Day makes the opponent unable to use special moves for a small period. -Zmoke (Rate 1-5)

#28: Invisibility - I thought about this in reference to MK3-T, I had some other ideas first but, if they give it to him, it should probably look something like this. However, instead of the fire that is associated with that move back then, now it should only have pure smoke properties to it. On top of that, it's a move that could really work for both Primary (Human/Ninja Smoke), and Alternate (Cyborg Smoke) It just fits to me...idk. -ThePredator151 (Rate 1-5)

#29: Stinky Cloud - Mmm... I think they'll keep the name similar but I'd like to see them change it to a projectile. It could look like he threw a bag of flower at you, resulting in a big puff of smoke once it hits you. Might even be interesting to see him physically throw it like a baseball pitch or something. Y'know? Instead of what all the ninjas are doing; kneeling down and all that. See The Picture. It could also be interesting to see him blow a "smokey cloud" at you like MK3-T maskless Sub-Zero's fatality as a homage or reference of some sort. -- ((Extra)) I almost want them to scrap Stinky Fingers, just so that they can come up with something just as effective, but a little more interesting and creative than that. I like the "kung fu mojo" with his hands, but I think they can do better than that. -ThePredator151 (Rate 1-5)

#30: "NanoTake" - I came up with something like a plague sort of move for Smoke in that other thread. But, once again, after thinking about it, the plague seems more like a Shinnok sort of thing. Someone more powerful than Smoke should probably have control of plague... and with Shinnok being the "God of Despair" (whatever the hell that means), the plague seems more fitting with him. Instead, "NanoTake" for Smoke could replace Stinky Fingers. Could be a move where he does some sort of grabbing movement at a distance, but a cloud forms around the opponent and pulls them into Smoke a little bit. It would be a set up move. -ThePredator151 (Rate 1-5)

#31: "NanoBite" - A little bit like Nightwolf's chest reflection, Smoke instead dissolves to allow an incoming projectile pass through him. It would probably work like an "at a distance" counter. -ThePredator151 (Rate 1-5)

#32: Combos: Use his trident in his combos like with that axe back in MK3-Trilogy. -ThePredator151 (Rate 1-5)

Rating Options:

5: Excellent

4: Innovative

3: Moderate

2: Mediocre

1: Lackluster

The best ideas will be added to an enhanced original post for the starters. You may tweet about the original post to the developers then. I updated the original post. Post your votes (and ideas if you have something). Let the vote start.

How To Vote:

*Copy the list below, click "Reply" in this topic and paste it.

*Create another tab and read the reviews one by one from the vote post.

*After each idea, write down your rating to the post.

*Add your own thoughts after the numbers if you want.

*After you've posted it I will add the ratings to the end of each idea whenever I'll have time. *Alternatively you can read the ideas and post your five favorites instead. Rating is still preferred and you only have to rate each once. *Keep your eye on new interesting ideas that might emerge.

Example I:
1. 4
2. 5 (My favorite)
3. 3
4. 4 (Whole arms!) And so on...Example II: Favorites: 5, 7, 12, 21 & 30
My Ratings

My Favorites #, #, #, # & #
Mileena Stan
02/21/2011 04:43 PM (UTC)
Human smoke is better than Cyborg smoke. We already have Sektor and Cyrax so why do we need another one? Human smoke is so much better than cyborg yet he is continuously forgotten about by Ed and NRS.
Hitori
02/21/2011 05:55 PM (UTC)
@zmoke: WOOT!
Hitori
02/21/2011 05:58 PM (UTC)
Zmoke Wrote:
daryui Wrote:

PWNEDgrin
ThePredator151
About Me
The Ultimate Mortal Kombat Experience
- Lead Graphic Designer - Mortal Kombat Online -

:G-play

:Story

:F-Design

:Cutout

:Get Sig

:Raiden

:Fans [1] [2]

:#LegendaryArts

02/21/2011 06:16 PM (UTC)
I had some time so I went ahead and read through this entire thread. My growing interest in this character is due to you guys, the real Smoke fans (although it did start with Jerrod a while back). I think there's always room to learn another character, and so I think I have at least, through reading you guys' input and ideas, gained an appreciation and respect for Smoke. That all said, here's my ideas. I did post in another Smoke thread but, I just kinda replied in there. This post should be a little more thoughtful and specific. Anyway, here we go...

Appearance

With respect to what I understand of his story, it only seems correct for him to initially be seen in Human/Ninja form. For this, I primarily like Aculeus' Human Smoke bio written by SmokeNc-017. I looked long and hard at JAX007's Human Smoke 2010, and I like it, but I just like Aculeus' a lot more.

For some sort of segue or compromise for gameplay's sake, or just an idea for what he might look like after his automation, I like the idea of him appearing mainly human. So I agree with whoever it was that said the recently famed FANART by a guy named Sathe Beauty Shots look good for his retooled cyborg self. Again, this is just if they HAD to compromise, and excludes the idea of having two separate Smoke characters for the sake of his Human/Ninja self, and the Cyborg Smoke.

In case they went the route of having a primary/alternate situation that didn't screw with his capabilities in gameplay, I go back to Aculeus again, and like Aculeus' Cyber Smoke bio written by SmokeNc-017.

Story

From really taking in alot of what you guys have put down, I don't think there's any question that we've gotta see the events:

a.) Sub-Zero and Smoke escaping from the Lin Kuei in some capacity, and the moment where Smoke helps Sub-Zero get away.

I now want to see this too, and I think it should be epic to whatever proportion. It should be cinematic because it is a defining moments for Smoke and Sub-Zero alike.

I think it was Shadaloo, RazorsEdge, and T-Rex who described this scene to about what I'd like to see most. To where we might see them at Lin Kuei fighting they're way out... they get out...but then maybe Cyrax and Sektor catch up with them in a forest or something, and that's where Smokes selfless act happens in some kind of very dramatic way.

Whatever happens in this scene, we need to really feel Smokes selflessness. As well as maybe Sub-Zero's unwillingness to allow his friend to "hold off" Sektor and Cyrax by himself. We should get the feeling that Sub-zero kinda knows Smoke won't be able to do it on his own, but allows him (or maybe it's not Sub-Zero's conscious choice to allow Smoke to do this) for whatever reason. The picture I get in my head is that they might be tired from literally running a very long distance, maybe slightly wounded from the battle at the Lin Kuei temples, or simply unaware of the strength of Cyrax and Sektor, and therefor, outmatched.

b.) We've GOTTA see the automation scene take place.

This is his big transitional, traumatic moment. I don't see a reason why they'd ever think of omitting this crucial scene. Even if we don't get the "Selfless Scene" with Sub-Zero, the fights, the chase, and all that, I think this is the scene we absolutely NEED to see no matter what.

We've gotta really feel his unwillingness to be automated, and how sad and tragic this situation is for him. I mean, he could be a "tough guy" but, he should probably be fighting this thing from happening the whole way. And btw, I don't wanna see a cop out. By that I mean that they drug him or something waaay ahead of the automation chambers. That would be corny in my mind.

I imagine that once actually there in the automation chambers, and probably tied down to a operating table, there'd be a short but intense argument with one of the GrandMasters, and maybe Smoke tries to plea with what he believes is still a human part of Sektor and Cyrax. THEN they drug him.. and we skip to a first person view of him waking up automated.... fade to black.

From there I think we know what happens, or they could start to take him in whatever other direction, and we unlock what we have yet to see is his cyborg costume.

DONE.

Gameplay//Moves//Combos

Invisibility - I thought about this in reference to MK3-T, I had some other ideas first but, if they give it to him, it should probably look something like this:

However, instead of the fire that is associated with that move back then, now it should only have pure smoke properties to it. On top of that, it's a move that could really work for both Primary (Human/Ninja Smoke), and Alternate (Cyborg Smoke) It just fits to me...idk.

Teleport - Again, after really thinking about this move, I imagine they'll give him something similar to Batman's teleport via MKvsDC.(00:22seconds in) Think about it...

I think it'll have a similar appearance to it but, I'm not sure about whether it will perform the same way; with him coming down on your head like that or whatever. Properties will probably be the same to, what with it being a "stopping move" like that too. Y'gotta think, MKvsDC is the pallet from which they are taking some of the things that are in this game so, I anticipate it'll be something like that.

They might even sacrifice the invisibility move altogether because this teleport looks strikingly similar to the old MK3-T sprites I posted above.

Stinky Cloud - Mmm... I think they'll keep the name similar but I'd like to see them change it to a projectile. It could look like he threw a bag of flower at you, resulting in a big puff of smoke once it hits you. Might even be interesting to see him physically throw it like a baseball pitch or something. Y'know? Instead of what all the ninjas are doing; kneeling down and all that.

It could also be interesting to see him blow a "smokey cloud" at you like MK3-T maskless Sub-Zero's fatality as a homage or reference of some sort.

-- ((Extra)) I almost want them to scrap Stinky Fingers, just so that they can come up with something just as effective, but a little more interesting and creative than that. I like the "kung fu mojo" with his hands, but I think they can do better than that.

*new*"NanoTake" - I came up with something like a plague sort of move for Smoke in that other thread. But, once again, after thinking about it, the plague seems more like a Shinnok sort of thing. Someone more powerful than Smoke should probably have control of plague... and with Shinnok being the "God of Despair" (whatever the hell that means), the plague seems more fitting with him.

Instead, "NanoTake" for Smoke could replace Stinky Fingers. Could be a move where he does some sort of grabbing movement at a distance, but a cloud forms around the opponent and pulls them into Smoke a little bit. It would be a set up move.

*new*"NanoBite" - A little bit like Nightwolf's chest reflection, Smoke instead dissolves to allow an incoming projectile pass through him. It would probably work like an "at a distance" counter.

Combos -

Use his trident in his combos like with that axe back in MK3-Trilogy.

----
I think that's all I got. I'm not sure he should have throwing stars but, that could work for Smoke too I guess. Maybe when they hit you they turn into little puffs of smoke or something...idk.

What do you think?

((EDIT: Didn't see you posted new stuff. I started my post when the thread was still at the bottom of the front page))
ThePredator151
About Me

02/21/2011 06:26 PM (UTC)
Zmoke Wrote:

I'm editing your post because it's screwing with the sites formatting a little bit. Don't do anything to your post for a second. k?

EDIT: Should be good to go now Zmoke.
Zmoke
02/21/2011 07:03 PM (UTC)
That is brilliant, ThePredator151. I will post a reply to your post as soon as I've read it entirely including the links. I'm quite new with all the HTML codings so it's very nice that you edited it. I think that I will include some more information to the original post (like the Aculeus' pictures).

The vote post I recently posted must be a bit hard to approach. I will see what I can do with it. But when you post your votes like "#2, #27, #15, #10 and #19" (the best five) I will add the information to the vote post. The same goes with ratings you post. This is sort of a semi-final here, I will eliminate a big part of the ideas after a few votes so I can eventually choose the best and most favored alternatives to the original post.

The reply comes in roughly an hour.
ThePredator151
About Me

02/21/2011 07:10 PM (UTC)
Sweetness. Looking forward to it.

Also, a good resource for HTML on this site is the General HTML FAQ. You can go in there and post or practice the HTML that works on this site as much as you need.
Zmoke
02/21/2011 08:20 PM (UTC)
ThePredator151 Wrote:

You must have become another Smoke expert in here after reading that. We debated with RazorsEdge701 for a while in here but the most of the debate passed in another thread (I can't remember its name). However, I believe everything essential to Smoke is inside this topic.

I'm sure that if and when the two Smokes merge into one as in Sathe's vision, he will gain a lot attention and awe. If the automation repeats, in time one would think that the Human Ninja embodiment would leave behind and at one point he would have to be brought back in some way. It must be hard to satisfy both Human and Cyborg fans while keeping the plot sensible. Human Smoke should get the shaft now because he hasn't had it in the 3d era so far.

Both of the Smokes of Aculeus were superb. If Smoke turned into a cyborg in the end of MK2011 and was completely a cyborg in MK2013 the way Aculeus saw it, I would be fine with it. With MK2011 they just need to focus on the human version wherever the story leads Smoke then into.

I would imagine the escape scene quite grand with Sub-Zero and Smoke teaming up for the last time to escape the classic pair Cyrax and Sektor - thrilling Lin Kuei controversy. I want NRS to develop the plot so that they will leave Human Smoke a chance to come back story-wise. Maybe Smoke should retain his human body; the automation would just add cyborg parts to his body this time and not completely destroying it. He could have e.g. parts of his body like limbs in the elemental form and parts in muscle tissue if and when he would leave his cyborg entity one day. Your vision of the automation scene is quite cinematic. NRS would better not overlook the scenes of Lin Kuei decaying. But I'm personally open to new paths for Smoke as long as NRS puts effort to them and knows what they're doing.

May I add the special moves in the vote post? The teleport is something that I have thought of too. Maybe Smoke could have more Batman-esque moves too. The Armageddon moves were not fully established so they should not be written to a stone yet. They could very well be edited out or altered if necessary. NanoBite should veritably be one of Smoke's new moves.

NanoTake is original enough, unlike the popular teleports, and it fits for him. Could NanoTake work as the successor of both Stinky Fingers and Spear Throw? Trident is Smoke's own unique weapon and it would be more than welcome in MK2011. I wouldn't hold expectations with that one though, considering that Smoke didn't have a weapon in Armageddon either. That was a shame, but I believe it was due to him having two different forms in the game.

(To everyone) Now I absolutely must go offline. Post your votes and ratings in the mean time but you may expect new special moves (ThePredator151's) to be added tomorrow along with other updates like picture updates in the original post. See you tomorrow.
noobsmoke_mk
02/21/2011 09:27 PM (UTC)
I'd make a new thread
RedVirtue
02/22/2011 09:34 AM (UTC)
@ThePredator151:

As for the part where Smoke takes on Sektor and Cyrax,, I would imagine that Sub-Zero reluctantly let's Smoke fight them alone because he knows if he stayed to fight along side him Sub-Zero would have no chance either. He had to choose one of them being automated or both of them... wow

I'm totally digging your move-set ideas! The invisibility and teleport would look alike but they could make them look a little different so the opponent has to be paying attention to know what's coming. wink

Thanks for the great contribution btw. Stellar stuff.

@Hitori: Thanks for the compliment! I through together this signature this weekend!
Zmoke
02/22/2011 06:08 PM (UTC)
I will post my own ratings during this week as soon as possible. I already received one set of ratings. Basically you just need to post your ratings this way, in case you were wondering:

How To Vote:

*Copy the list below, click "Reply" in this topic and paste it.

*Create another tab and read the reviews one by one from the vote post.

*After each idea, write down your rating to the post.

*Add your own thoughts after the numbers if you want.

*After you've posted it I will add the ratings to the end of each idea whenever I'll have time. *Alternatively you can read the ideas and post your five favorites instead. Rating is still preferred and you only have to rate them once.

Example:
1. 4
2. 5 (My favorite)
3. 3
4. 4 (whole arms!) And so on...Example II: Favorites: 5, 7, 12, 21 & 30

My Ratings

One user recently messaged me his ratings via PM. However, post your ratings in this topic. With some ideas he wrote his own thoughts after the rating number but that is all voluntary. After your post I will add the ratings in the end of each idea whenever I'll find time. Hopefully we will see new ratings soon.

Your ratings may affect a lot - not too long and we will go to the finals where the worst ideas are eliminated (a big part) and the finalists will be added to the original post. But in the finals you will still have a chance to give each of them new ratings to see what are the best of the best.

noobsmoke_mk Wrote:
I'd make a new thread

In addition to this? Hmm... That's possible. I'd rather stick with this one for now though. @Hitori: The vote post is quite polished, is it not? Thank you a lot for your contributions, ThePredator151. I added the ideas of TP151 to the vote post but I will add the pictures to the original post later. I have been too busy to maintain this topic right in time but remember that your own contributions to this topic can make a change too.
RedFreak
02/22/2011 08:45 PM (UTC)
I feel making Smoke Cyber is kind of redundant when we have Cyrax taking the robot redemption story (assuming he is this time of course). It would also be nice for one of the ninjas to play up the stealthy ninja role since none of the others are. Plus I would like another human face to the Lin Kuei besides Sub-Zero.

Appearance wise I would give him baggy cloth clothing since we have enough leather ninjas. I'd give him a gas mask with two round canisters and his eyes uncovered. Then have a hood like Noob Saibot's pulled over his face pulled down more and not leather. Dark Grey Shirt and pants with Chrome shoulder pads, gauntlets, sash and boots. The pants I would like to be like Reptiles from MK4. I'm not a good artist so I hope the mental image will suffice.

Since Smoke is seen to have a good heart in MK3 and he works closely with Kuai Liang. I think it makes since that Smoke could be Sub-Zero's mentor. That would partly explain why he didn't turn out like his brother and give Mortal Kombat a good Mentor character besides Bo Rai Cho. It would also explain why he is sent with Sub-Zero in MK2. Unless I'm mistaken MK2 was Kuai Liang first big mission, so I would think his teacher would be there to look over him and do his own mission.

I really like the idea of smoke becoming a loner trying to escape the cyber ninjas. Smoke can take over the rivalry with cyber ninjas., So Sub-Zero can focus on Scorpion and Noob Saibot. Until Sektor gets his own clan later on and challenges Lin Kuei directly. Have Smoke popping in for an a assist every now and then, but not sticking around because he's being tracked. Well whatever the story turns out I just hope he doesn't become another minion character like before.

I think that Smoke should keep his spear in some fashion. I'd keep it a trident to pay homage to MK3 with a rope since he's going to be swinging it around and grappling with it. Smoke should swing it around himself making it an antiair instead of a stun. I'd also have him use the rope in his grabs and air grabs.

As for his actually supernatural abilities. Well I'll be sad if he doesn't have any disappear and counter moves using a smoke screengrin. I'd also like him to throw a slow moving cloud of smoke that slows down movement speed, disables special moves and doesn't let you jump.

For a fatality I'd have Smoke disappear in a puff of smoke. Appear above the opponent and catch their in a noose. Smoke lands and throws the spear into the ceiling dragging the opponent into the air and chocking them. Smoke then jumps onto there shoulders and snaps their neck. Fatality.
Human-Smoke-4-ever
About Me

Why couldn't this ending have happened?

02/22/2011 10:06 PM (UTC)
I think the Spear is inevitable since Boon said they would have their Classic moves. I kind of see Human Smoke as sort of an Adon/Ibuki style character. Using acrobatic style kicks and aerial attacks. I would say he could throw shurikens from the air but shurikens seems to be Noob's weapons now.

Hopefully they'll develop Human Smoke and leave Robo-Smoke as the non-canon entity this time.
RedVirtue
02/23/2011 05:57 AM (UTC)
@zmoke:
I wouldn't make a new thread. There's good history, ideas, comments, on this one.
Zmoke
02/23/2011 04:59 PM (UTC)
RedFreak Wrote:
Since Smoke is seen to have a good heart in MK3 and he works closely with Kuai Liang. I think it makes since that Smoke could be Sub-Zero's mentor. That would partly explain why he didn't turn out like his brother and give Mortal Kombat a good Mentor character besides Bo Rai Cho. It would also explain why he is sent with Sub-Zero in MK2. Unless I'm mistaken MK2 was Kuai Liang first big mission, so I would think his teacher would be there to look over him and do his own mission.

That's a good point. I think I disagree with the spear throw: Human Smoke was created in MKII. He turned into a cyborg in MK3. Human Smoke returned in UMK3 but his development had stopped due to storyline factors.

As Human Smoke, Noob Saibot was a version of Scorpion in MKII. He stayed in his form, he didn't obtain his trademark moves in MK3/UMK3 but he got them finally in MKT when he was fully developed. Human Smoke in the other hand is under development and that may lead in him obtaining unique special moves fitting to his identity.

I will add your ideas to the vote post if you don't mind RedFreak, during this week. Remember to rate the current ideas in there - you'll only have to rate them once. @RedVirtue: You are right. That's a reason I want to focus on this topic rather. I just wondered about the attention factor - more users would probably vote and rate then. But I suppose this will do fine.
RedVirtue
02/24/2011 07:24 AM (UTC)
Zmoke Wrote:
@RedVirtue: You are right. That's a reason I want to focus on this topic rather. I just wondered about the attention factor - more users would probably vote and rate then. But I suppose this will do fine.

Hmm you may have a point there. Things sure have slowed down here lately.

Anywho here's my votes:

1. 4
2. 5
3. 3
4. 5
5. 3
6. 5
7. 2
8. 3
9. 2
10. 5
11. 5
12. 5
13. 3
14. 2
15. 5 (no alt havik)
16. 5
17. 5 (ropes w/ original MK2-MKT sound)
18. 5
19. 4
20. 2
21. 5
22. 3
23. 3
24. 1
25. 4
26. 1
27. 1 (I think Noob has that move already)
ThePredator151
About Me

02/24/2011 09:23 AM (UTC)
Zmoke Wrote:

I think the issue with this poll is that it's too much. I haven't seen alot of threads that remain successful when everyone's idea is subject to open criticism like this. Another thing is that this is too long and too complicated to complete easily. Also, alot of people don't use tabs like we might so it's another hurtle to overcome in order to enjoy voting. You'd want there to be the least amount of complicated hurtles as possible. On the issue of length, it gets tiring imagining many ideas back to back like this. Most people won't take the time.

A good format for votes, polls, and stuff like this is:

a.) "Give me basic Info"
b.) "Give me Instructions & one or two Examples"
c.) "Let me go so I can try it."

===================================

Here are my votes.

My Ratings

1. 2
2. 2
3. 4
4. 3
5. 2
6. 4
7. 3
8. 3
9. 5
10. 5
11. 3
12. 1
13. 4
14. 4
15. 2
16. 2
17. 2
18. 1
19. 1
20. 4
21. 4
22. 5
23. 2
24. 1
25. 5
26. 2
27. 3
28. 5
29. 3
30. 3
31. 4
32. 5

later!
Jaded-Raven
02/24/2011 10:34 PM (UTC)
This is what I have to contribute to the conversation about Smoke...

I want Smoke to look like this!
robotrock
02/24/2011 11:09 PM (UTC)
Alright soo i have been a pretty hard mortal kombat fan for a while now but i don't really now too much about smoke even though he is my favorite character now i don't mean too sound like a noob but what is smoke's,cyrax's,and sektors stories and really how do they interact.

And here's something do you ever think maybe that those voice leaks that were out were intentional maybe just to throw us fans off like im not saying its not possible that all those characters won't be in the game like im really hoping that smoke is in it but what if those leaks were to maybe throw us off and he's not gunna use all of themwow
Kyzon
About Me

Skype: Kyzonxin 3DS: 3866-8042-6393 ha ha ha haaaaaa jack my swaggggggggggg

02/25/2011 04:29 PM (UTC)
Jaded-Raven Wrote:
This is what I have to contribute to the conversation about Smoke...

I want Smoke to look like this!

Well when you put it that way, I actually wouldn't mind an elemental smoke too much. It was just implemented terribly in past games.

To the subject at hand, i'll post my votes later
RedVirtue
02/25/2011 10:06 PM (UTC)
robotrock Wrote:
Alright soo i have been a pretty hard mortal kombat fan for a while now but i don't really now too much about smoke even though he is my favorite character now i don't mean too sound like a noob but what is smoke's,cyrax's,and sektors stories and really how do they interact.

And here's something do you ever think maybe that those voice leaks that were out were intentional maybe just to throw us fans off like im not saying its not possible that all those characters won't be in the game like im really hoping that smoke is in it but what if those leaks were to maybe throw us off and he's not gunna use all of themwow

As far as I know there were little to no interaction between the three characters in MK3-MKT. It seems like once they were automated they were all sent out to do something on their own... From what I understand of coarse. I haven't played those games in some time.
Sabinator
02/26/2011 02:53 AM (UTC)
Has anyone seen this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU2S3kLk8x8&feature;=feedu

or any one of that users fatalities they are pretty awesome have no idea how he does them but this one is human smoke

annilation
About Me

I feel so alone, gonna end up a Big ole pile of them bones.

02/26/2011 03:15 AM (UTC)
That fatality kicks ass
Cyborg_Hero
About Me
Veni Vincere
02/26/2011 03:15 AM (UTC)
Sabinator Wrote:
Has anyone seen this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU2S3kLk8x8&feature;=feedu

or any one of that users fatalities they are pretty awesome have no idea how he does them but this one is human smoke

I don't normally like PiranhaSoldier's stuff, but I wouldn't mind if that was in MK9. It's pretty badass, actually.
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.