Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 1 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Best Mobile Challenger?
Baraka (21.3%)
Jade (42.6%)
Lin Kuei Cybers (26.2%)
Freddy Krueger (9.8%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • December 15th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Limited Console Free Trial [Read On]
  • December 7th, 2017
    Atom Battles Black Manta in Gameplay Trailer [Read On]
  • November 28th, 2017
    Captain Marvel Almost Returned in Injustice Fighter Pack 0 [Read On]
  • November 23rd, 2017
    Mortal Kombat X Mobile - Punk Cassie Challenge [Read On]
  • November 18th, 2017
    Mortal Kombat Funko Store Signing - Sunday [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Media & Merchandise

Discussing Mortal Kombat in Movies, Television, New Media and Merchandising.
Page of 2

Tyrant-CenobitePosted: 07/24/2011 10:33 PMStatus ::
MK Legacy: Cyrax and Sektor - Series Finale is Now Available for Viewing!

After a long and much anticipated wait, the final episode of Mortal Kombat: Legacy was released yesterday at the San Diego Comic-Con International.

Cyrax and Sektor -- Cybernetic Lin Kuei Assassins in MK Legacy!

The episode can can be seen over at Machinima's Youtube Channel. The ninth and last episode of the exciting Mortal Kombat: Legacy series centers around the Lin Kuei's desire to transform all of its clan members into supreme Cyborg-assassins of great technology with Shane Warren Jones (Cyrax) and Peter Shinkoda (Sektor) becoming the first candidates for automation.

As previously confirmed in our Exclusive Interview with Shane W. Jones, the episode also features the surprising appearance of the Lin Kuei assassin, Hydro, a character that was created for the Mortal Kombat (Blood & Thunder) Malibu Comic Book series back in 1993.

Images of Hydro and the other Cyborgs were released by Kevin Tancharoen via his twitter account:

Cyborg0Cyborg1Cyborgs3

Meanwhile, co-creator of Mortal Kombat, Ed Boon, has been updating his own twitter account with updates concerning the MK: Legacy series such as a huge promotional banner featuring Sonya Blade and Jax along side Scorpion and Sub-Zero as well other things pertaining to the Comic-Con Event in San Diego:

Legacy0bannerLegacy1Key

The first eight episodes are still available online, providing IPv6 program testing does not limit access:

Though we are sad to see the end of the successful Mortal Kombat: Legacy Series, we can't help but to feel excited (and hopeful) for the future of Mortal Kombat, as the possibility of a new live-action film or extended television series is still not out of the question. We would like to thank and congratulate the entire MK:Legacy crew and cast for bringing this project to life.

For more information on the cast, crew, and build-up to the series, check out the Mortal Kombat Online Legacy Kompendium!

Mortal Kombat: Legacy episodes are available free to stream via Machinima, and to own on iTunes, Xbox Live and PlayStation Network [full story]!

Find more information about MK: Legacy, news, and other Q&A interviews in the MKO News Archive. Connect with MKO via Twitter (@MK_Online) and Facebook for competitions and live updates.

Special thanks to forum member Siang for submitting this News lead!

Think you've got a news story? Send your submissions to our MKO Newslead.

TheRealErmacPosted: 07/24/2011 10:38 PMStatus ::

Visits::273
Nationality::Heard Island and McDonald Islands
RE: MK Legacy: Cyrax and Sektor - Series Finale is Now Available for Viewing!

I beat the poster in posting this! in the wrong thread though.

iHeartXenomorphsPosted: 07/24/2011 10:48 PMStatus ::

Visits::637
Nationality::United States

Thanks a lot for not explaining jack shit to us about their relationship with each other, you know whether they were like brothers or rivals.

thanks for only showing us the automation procedure which had been briefly shown before but no one really cares about and you spent to much time on it when it didn't need to be there. Thanks for having hydro appear as a cyborg instead of being hunted down and automated. Thanks for making the lin keui look like some sort of evil syndicate instead of a clan of assassins. Thanks for including regular kano for no god damn reason. thanks for instead of sperating all of your videos into 2 part to go through the origins like Scorpion & Subzero, show videos about shit we already know almost everything about, like how kitana and mileena are rivals and were sisters. /sarcasm

ugh.

the fight scene was nice though.

but seriously, what the fuck? you didn't even give Cyrax the saw blade but you felt like replacing it with a blade, which you shouldn't have even done. if you aren't going to give he the saws or the bombs don't show us the lame substitutes.

really though? people new to the MK back story will now think Hydro is just a random android instead of a transformed ninja.

lettmanPosted: 07/24/2011 10:56 PMStatus ::

Visits::643
Nationality::United Kingdom

HERE COMES
THE COMPLIANS FOR A LOW BUGET FILM!!!!!

LynxFATEPosted: 07/24/2011 11:13 PMStatus ::

Visits::1666

No big complaints here...it was okay.

RegisthemanPosted: 07/24/2011 11:42 PMStatus ::

Visits::3969

I would of liked to have seen more B4 the automation like how cyrax got captured but I guess the directer couldn't do 2 parts like with the others that had two parts.Hydro isn't that important to me so I don't care for his backstory.
The fight scene was good though.

CageFan21Posted: 07/24/2011 11:45 PMStatus ::

Visits::670
Nationality::Honduras

We definately need to turn this into an MK Movie ASAP!!!!!!!! Good to see there is talent and enough tech to make a proper MK Movie.

DON'T MAKE A 2ND SEASON, WHAT WE REALLY NEED IS A MOVIE!!!!!!!!

Congrats to Mr. Tancharoen, as well as all his crew and Legacy Cast.

I really hope WB has an Mk Movie on the project!!!!!! MK Fans demand it.

Rockchalk5477Posted: 07/24/2011 11:46 PMStatus ::

Visits::12960

This is like watching an overzealous low-budget film. A very unenjoyable one.

JerrodPosted: 07/25/2011 12:01 AMStatus ::

Visits::9114
Nationality::Canada

Sorry to do this, but some of what you said kind of irked me a little...

iHeartXenomorphs Wrote:
Thanks a lot for not explaining jack shit to us about their relationship with each other, you know whether they were like brothers or rivals.

One's black and the other's Oriental. Do you really need to ask if they're brothers? Also, why is their relationship to each other so important? They are assassins who became cyborgs, one by loyalty and the other by force (despite the original canon having them both do it voluntarily).

iHeartXenomorphs Wrote:
Thanks for making the lin keui look like some sort of evil syndicate instead of a clan of assassins.

They are not just assassins, they are assassins for hire; they make money for their kills, they gain power by proxy. How are they not supposed to run like a real business? The Yakuza keep assassins in their payroll, there's no honour in killing for money, it's just business.

iHeartXenomorphs Wrote:
Thanks for including regular kano for no god damn reason.

They did it to show that the two organizations conduct business together, and that they had been before Jax fought against Kano. If you ask me, that sounds like something that can set up a future plot-point.

iHeartXenomorphs Wrote:
really though? people new to the MK back story will now think Hydro is just a random android instead of a transformed ninja.

I'd rather people remember that Hydro doesn't exist in the games or the official canon, but that's just me.

MKO Moderator, Story Writer, Actor
*Signature by Pred*
skinsleyPosted: 07/25/2011 12:51 AMStatus ::

Visits::5093
Nationality::England

So this is 100% the last episode of the series? so I can watch them all now.

Because I thought they were going to make 10...not 9 and im not watching 9, 10 minuit episodes just so I have to twiddle my thumbs for a week waiting.

Made by MINION.
johnny1upPosted: 07/25/2011 01:44 AMStatus ::

Visits::3633

Finally! Now when does season 2 start?

hey
SiangPosted: 07/25/2011 02:06 AMStatus ::

Visits::3125
Nationality::Australia

Thanks for clearing that up for people Jerrod. I thoroughly enjoyed this episode, and am hoping it will lead to a future movie release.

The backstory between Cyrax and Sektor was fine, people need to remember that this was filmed with the others.. WB wasn't going to give them a 20min episode for comic con when they commissioned it.

Great work Kevin

Human-Sub-Zero-4-everPosted: 07/25/2011 02:12 AMStatus ::

Visits::1667

I love this episode. Poor Hydro... at least he died a badass.

GrimmPosted: 07/25/2011 02:21 AMStatus ::

Visits::12940

It was just ok. Not good, not bad.

ThrawnPosted: 07/25/2011 03:30 AMStatus ::

Visits::296

That was probably the best episode of the series. Cool fight scenes and effects.

It really showed how evil the Lin Kuei is. And the Grand Master. Total control total obedience.

I do not want to see Smoke automated, so I've fine if there's no second season. I hate Cyber Smoke.

ThePredator151Posted: 07/25/2011 03:53 AMStatus ::

Visits::1547

That was excellent.... it did what it needed to do.

The Ultimate Mortal Kombat Experience
- Lead Graphic Designer - Mortal Kombat Online -

:G-play :Story :F-Design :Cutout :Get Sig :Raiden :Fans [1] [2] :#LegendaryArts
Vash_15Posted: 07/25/2011 04:37 AMStatus ::

Visits::11780

It was about what I expected from the series. No complaints.

FuJowPaiPosted: 07/25/2011 04:51 AMStatus ::

Visits::73
Nationality::Poland

FINALLY!!!

sonicherosfan1Posted: 07/25/2011 05:09 AMStatus ::

Visits::2646

Meh...9 straight episodes and I wasn't really impressed. Sorry.

InuShonenPosted: 07/25/2011 06:08 AMStatus ::

Visits::1081
Nationality::Taiwan

Jesus Christ.. finally..

CpmPandaPosted: 07/25/2011 08:06 AMStatus ::

Visits::105

I loved it! Seeing iconic MK characters come to life and not by some lame CGI they did this perfectly and with style! My only complaint is... not seeing specials or iconic fatalities. BUT...the custom fatality wasn't bad and it fits. It's not gory but it is very brutal which makes up for any flaws.

LOVE IT I JUST WANT MORE haha

RAIN
Human-Smoke-4-everPosted: 07/25/2011 09:31 AMStatus ::

Visits::1794
Nationality::Ireland

Thrawn Wrote:
That was probably the best episode of the series. Cool fight scenes and effects.

It really showed how evil the Lin Kuei is. And the Grand Master. Total control total obedience.

I do not want to see Smoke automated, so I've fine if there's no second season. I hate Cyber Smoke.

Smoke is rumored to be having a focus episode in Season 2 [if it happens] Whether or not he becomes a Cyborg during it or not is up in the air [like you I hope not. I hated Cyborg Smoke]

Hydro is also rumored to be getting an episode as well. Which could mean either it takes place before this episode or Hydro was rebuilt [Robo-Cop got torn apart alot worse than what happened to Hydro and was always able to be rebuilt so who knows]

Why couldn't this ending have happened?
KuaiLiangPosted: 07/25/2011 10:34 AMStatus ::

Visits::3115
Nationality::Argentina

This episode was awesome. My only, small complaint is that they used Cyrax's model for all three cyborgs, but they looked fucking great so I don't care that much.

PSN: manu_erizo
mkdfanPosted: 07/25/2011 10:59 AMStatus ::

Visits::8517
Nationality::England

Wow amazing effects!

I hope there's a 2nd season.

billybobthortonPosted: 07/25/2011 12:20 PMStatus ::

Visits::146
Nationality::United Kingdom

The effects were surprisingly good. There was clearly more money set aside for this episode than the others.

I am a little confused, however. I thought Cyrax and Sektor were supposed to be upgrades from Hydro, but it took both of them (attacking at the same time) to kill him. In the 1 vs. 1, Hyrdo seemed superior to each individually. Two cyborgs of skill X each are obviously better than one cyborg of skill X.

Maybe it's a Lin Kuei (sic?) thing I'm unaware of, but why have Hydro killed? I've never read the comic he's from, but he seemed just as much under control as Cyrax and Sektor were. That's one hell of an expensive test drone. At any rate, the "practical scenario" seemed like a contrived excuse to have three robots fighting each other. Not that I expect thorough R&D fidelity in a 10 min webisode, but some things seemed glaringly artificial (forgive the pun).

By the way, it does make good sense to replace Cyrax's buzz-saw with a straight blade. A blade seems more practical and technologically feasible. Again, realism is no plausible constraint on the MK Universe, but a little bit here and there is always welcome.

All in all, I enjoyed the episode. Hydro's surprise appearance was interesting, if somewhat unexplained. I still hope someone else directs any follow-on series or movie, but this episode was decent at least.

Page of 2

© 1998-2017 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.