Mortal Kombat HD Kommunity Edition Soundtrack
posted02/16/2015 06:29 AM (UTC)by
DjangoDrag
About Me

Hey guys!

If you have heard of Mortal Kombat HD: Kommunity Edition over on TRMK, then you might have heard that WB recently shut us down. Lame. I was working on the soundtrack for that project remaking all the MK1 tracks.

Since the game will never be, I've decided to share what I got (mostly) finished. I've been coming to MKO for years now so I definitely wanted to post it up here. Maybe someone here will get more use out of it than we did.

Feel free to post up what you guys think!

https://www.mediafire.com/?341wygoc86o2vvm
RazorsEdge701
06/04/2014 08:57 PM (UTC)
I love your stuff.

MK1 has always had my favorite soundtrack of any of the games. I love that it actually sounds like a Chinese movie from the 70's.
DjangoDrag
06/04/2014 09:02 PM (UTC)
MK1 really did have that 70's vibe. Almost Grindhousy at times. MK2 is still my favorite soundtrack, but MK1 was a blast to figure out and update.

Glad ya liked it!
WeaponTheory
About Me

"BEER ME!" - Noob Saibot

06/10/2014 10:04 PM (UTC)
I love the MKII Select theme and Attract Theme.
jack4813
06/11/2014 03:32 AM (UTC)
Your rendition of the MK1 character select music was awesome.
DjangoDrag
06/12/2014 05:14 AM (UTC)
Thanks very much guys. Im glad they're getting some use.
ThePredator151
About Me
The Ultimate Mortal Kombat Experience
- Lead Graphic Designer - Mortal Kombat Online -

:G-play

:Story

:F-Design

:Cutout

:Get Sig

:Raiden

:Fans [1] [2]

:#LegendaryArts

06/16/2014 04:17 AM (UTC)
Awesome work!

I don't have a fav at the moment. May be the character select theme...not sure yet but I like the liberties that were taken, all while keeping the skeleton of the music the same.

Great job.
ZombieMage101
06/17/2014 01:04 AM (UTC)
Awesome stuff!! Any chance of you remaking the MK3 music?
DjangoDrag
07/05/2014 03:03 AM (UTC)
Indeed! Ive got the UMK3 theme up on my YouTube channel now!

http://youtube.com/user/MeisterTracks

Thanks for all the kind words guys!
balkcsiaboot
07/05/2014 12:21 PM (UTC)
Now I know why NRS / WB shut down this project...

... you guys were going to make complete fools of them with this awesome shit.
Shadaloo
About Me
MK Khronology: 58.49% complete...
10/22/2014 11:18 PM (UTC)
I'd just like to say that after hearing these, I'd love to hear your take on the MKII themes. Great stuff, man.
DjangoDrag
11/07/2014 08:57 PM (UTC)
Shadaloo Wrote:
I'd just like to say that after hearing these, I'd love to hear your take on the MKII themes. Great stuff, man.

Thanks, man! I'm actually not sure what's in that download anymore haha. I did the MK2 and UMK3 Select Screen tracks a while back. If those aren't in there I'll post those up here as well.

Thanks again for the kind words!
EDIT: Here's my updated MK2 Select Screen track:
Mortal Kombat 2 Theme
And the UMK3 Select Screen track:
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 Theme
T-rex
About Me

01/07/2015 07:55 PM (UTC)
Came here fresh off of the latest Netherkast, because it finally told me who's responsible for the sick-ass intro and outro tracks I've been hearing.

This is fantastic work, man. The recent MK4 remix in particular is off the fucking hook. You left the basic melody intact, but actually turned it into a full-fledged track with a proper buildup instead of a 10-second loop. Can't wait to hear more, especially some more MK4 stuff. That game seriously needs some love.

Real shame about the project, though. I used to be a regular over at Bombergames around the time SORRv5 was released, and I remember spending the last few weeks prior to release telling everyone who tried spreading the news about it to keep their blasted mouths shut precisely for this reason. At the end, Sega still came down on Bomber literally days before release, but he somehow managed to leak it anyway, so it worked out better than expected at the end, but the point still stands.

Seriously, I think the only people who consistently get away with publicly announcing and releasing remakes and fan projects are the Sonicfags, and I suspect that's only because there's just too many of them out there for Sega to reasonably try and swat them all.
smokeman14
01/17/2015 10:23 PM (UTC)
Any possibility of doing more stages from MK 2 and 3?
DjangoDrag
02/06/2015 06:15 AM (UTC)
smokeman14 Wrote:

Definately! Any recommendations?
DjangoDrag
02/06/2015 06:17 AM (UTC)
T-rex Wrote:
Came here fresh off of the latest Netherkast, because it finally told me who's responsible for the sick-ass intro and outro tracks I've been hearing.

This is fantastic work, man. The recent MK4 remix in particular is off the fucking hook. You left the basic melody intact, but actually turned it into a full-fledged track with a proper buildup instead of a 10-second loop. Can't wait to hear more, especially some more MK4 stuff. That game seriously needs some love.

Real shame about the project, though. I used to be a regular over at Bombergames around the time SORRv5 was released, and I remember spending the last few weeks prior to release telling everyone who tried spreading the news about it to keep their blasted mouths shut precisely for this reason. At the end, Sega still came down on Bomber literally days before release, but he somehow managed to leak it anyway, so it worked out better than expected at the end, but the point still stands.

Seriously, I think the only people who consistently get away with publicly announcing and releasing remakes and fan projects are the Sonicfags, and I suspect that's only because there's just too many of them out there for Sega to reasonably try and swat them all.

Thanks a ton man! I totally agree about MK4 music. I love a lot of that game's music. Which ones do you like?
NickScryer
02/14/2015 11:30 AM (UTC)
Oh man you gotta do the Subway. Please please please!
smokeman14
02/16/2015 06:29 AM (UTC)
DjangoDrag Wrote:
smokeman14 Wrote:

Definately! Any recommendations?

The Temple/Church
The Bank/Kahn's Kave
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.