Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 1 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
MK Online Site Updates
  • August 6th, 2018
    MKO's Interviews with the Film Cast: Coming Thursday [Read On]
  • July 29th, 2018
    MK Online Stream to Host Movie Star Q&A Friday [Read On]
  • July 23rd, 2018
    Kombat Kon Date Announced: October 27, 2018 [Read On]
  • July 23rd, 2018
    SDCC: Paris Jackson Cosplays Sonya at Comic-Con [Read On]
  • July 19th, 2018
    Review: Injustice vs. Masters of the Universe #1 [Read On]

MK Online User Poll

Kombat Kon 2018?
Get over here! (51.0%)
Out of kredits. (48.9%)

Forum Listings

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Mortal Kombat X

Discussing Mortal Kombat X and all things Kontemporary to it.
Page of 3

Mick-LuciferPosted: 11/01/2014 08:40 PMStatus ::
Kommunity: The NetherKast - Episode 1

Mortal Kombat Online is thrilled to support a new kommunity initiative called The NetherKast! The audio discussion series is a fan roundtable covering multiple facets of Mortal Kombat X and the series as a whole! The cast is completely free and can be listened to via YouTube:

Subscribe to The NetherKast on YouTube for live updates!

SHOW NOTES
00:01:47 - Sub-Zero
00:18:55 - Scorpion
00:47:03 - Kano
01:10:20 - Raiden
01:33:55 - Quan Chi
02:21:18 - Klassic Kombatant
Retrospective: Johnny Cage
The NetherKast is the work of user blackcyborg, who hosts the inaugural discussion with long time MK Online Users: TemperaryUserName, RazorsEdge701 & Shadaloo. Rounding out the MKOmmunity contribution is DjangoDrag - musician who provides a fantastic intro theme inspired by the original games!

The first episode is all about the klassic kombatants who've been confirmed to return in 2015! This marathon 2 hour 43 minute session features in depth overview and speculation regarding the Mortal Kombat X characters, story lines, and new gameplay mechanics!

Support the NetherKast by listening to the show, subscribing on YouTube, and sharing your feedback on the forum! Find more audio-visual Kombat Kontent by visiting the Mortal Kombat Online YouTube Archive!

blackcyborgPosted: 11/01/2014 09:30 PMStatus ::

Visits::18499
Nationality::United States
RE: Kommunity: The NetherKast - Episode 1

I just want to give everyone a heads up on what this is all about:

I wanted a dedicated MK podcast for us fans to tune into on a regular basis, for in-depth discussion on the entire series, with extra focus on MKX leading into the game. I love listening to podcasts while at work, driving, cleaning, playing games, or browsing the web. Hopefully this will give fellow diehard fans something to get them through the work day/boredom, and get a nice dose of MK audio along with the text they are used to reading.

We'll be doin this every week, usually on Wednesday nights.

This is a Kommunity podcast. And as such, we'd love to give everyone a chance to let their voice be heard, who wants to be. So if you want to guest on the show, send me a message! Everyone is welcome. :)

We hope to shorten the episodes up a bit going forward, as soon as we catch up on all the characters announced.

If there's any feedback, be sure to let us know! We want to make this a solid listening experience for everyone, as much as possible. We know we can't please everyone, but the more feedback we get, the better we know what people want/like.

Dragon Points:
Scott-HowellPosted: 11/01/2014 09:32 PMStatus ::

Visits::14619

Just saw this come through my Facebook news feed. Nice surprise! Thanks guys for contributing to this. I wish the podcast all the best.

Scott Howell - Administrator
scott@mortalkombatonline.com

Mortal Kombat Online - The Ultimate Mortal Kombat Experience

Hooky-FookyPosted: 11/01/2014 10:11 PMStatus ::

Visits::1061

Awesome idea! I'm looking forward to hearing more from you guys. Interesting to hear what you all sound like as well

Darkhound74Posted: 11/01/2014 10:54 PMStatus ::

Visits::5379

I've been wanting this on here for a while! I honestly like TALKING about MK rather than typing it.

Great job guys!

photo darkhound-cyrax-merge-sig_zpsd49cf8cd.png
ThePredator151Posted: 11/02/2014 12:17 AMStatus ::

Visits::1551

Awesome...was waiting for this kind of idea to swing back around again. With all respectable/long-time users speaking, this is a great opportunity for newer folks to tune in and learn, and to gain a more refined consensus among older users. Glad to see it again and I will be listening closely.

*multiple tabs open still listening*

The Ultimate Mortal Kombat Experience
- Lead Graphic Designer - Mortal Kombat Online -

:G-play :Story :F-Design :Cutout :Get Sig :Raiden :Fans [1] [2] :#LegendaryArts
Mojo6Posted: 11/02/2014 01:33 AMStatus ::

Visits::5150

Hell yeah guys! Haven't had the chance to listen to this yet but I'm happy to see some long time members of the community try and put community focused content out there. Looking forward to more!

Also as a tip. A lot of people (like myself) listen to podcasts via MP3 so if you want convert the Flv to MP3 and then host it to download I'd suggest the following:

- Convert from YouTube flv to MP3 using this site (or whichever you prefer).

- Upload it to Mediafire (just need an email to register for free up to 10gb storage).

Barakaz_cuzPosted: 11/02/2014 01:03 AMStatus ::

Visits::4009
Nationality::Zimbabwe

As one who mainly comes on here for news nowadays, this was really a treat. Actually hearing users whose posts I've read for so long interact without any filler and break-down MK piece by piece was really juicy. I can't wait for further installments.

I only wish this was around back when I was active, I would have died to hear tgrant or XiahouDun84 or Keith on one of these. Maybe Pred151 will get on one

PS: Loved the rapport between temp, blackcyborg, razor, and shadaloo. Intelligible, funny, and offered varying viewpoints and handled them like mature individuals. Hope these are the mainstays!

;-;
blackcyborgPosted: 11/02/2014 01:24 AMStatus ::

Barakaz_cuz Wrote:
As one who mainly comes on here for news nowadays, this was really a treat. Actually hearing users whose posts I've read for so long interact without any filler and break-down MK piece by piece was really juicy. I can't wait for further installments.

I only wish this was around back when I was active, I would have died to hear tgrant or XiahouDun84 or Keith on one of these. Maybe Pred151 will get on one

PS: Loved the rapport between temp, blackcyborg, razor, and shadaloo. Intelligible, funny, and offered varying viewpoints and handled them like mature individuals. Hope these are the mainstays!

This is exactly what we were hoping to hear! We're hoping we can offer this level of interest for everyone. We're going to be continually improving the quality, and listening to everyone's feedback in order to work out the kinks and offer something we can all dig. You bet we're the mainstays! We'll be having guests on as well!

Mojo6 Wrote:
Hell yeah guys! Haven't had the chance to listen to this yet but I'm happy to see some long time members of the community try and put community focused content out there. Looking forward to more!

Also as a tip. A lot of people (like myself) listen to podcasts via MP3 so if you want convert the Flv to MP3 and then host it to download I'd suggest the following:

- Convert from YouTube flv to MP3 using this site (or whichever you prefer).

- Upload it to Mediafire (just need an email to register for free up to 10gb storage).

Working on it! This is definitely something I'm wanting to offer. It is a podcast after all, an audio version for ease of listening/downloading is ideal.

krajaxPosted: 11/02/2014 01:36 AMStatus ::

Visits::3078

Great episode guys! Loved the discussion (personally finally got to hear RazorEdge's voice which I wasn't expecting so that was a big treat for me) especially on the God of Blunder and Quan Chi's psychological problems and his potential as a Bond villain. Quan Chi's voice actor Ronald Banks is actually a full-time theater actor so you're not to far away from the Shakespearean actor analogy :B

Your perspectives actually changed my view on the whole fatalities reception especially Scorpion's face slice and Quan Chi's cop-out with the telekinesis after making his opponent swallow his own sword not to mention Kano's coloring scheme with his chestpiece.

Now that you mention it I do worry about how the story will be presented especially MK9 (3 games being covered in 2 hours) so 25 years can give ALOT of potential for the characters with a the length time was more than 2 hours. I don't care about gamers complaining about the game's story length time there's a reason why it's called a Story Mode. To be frank I think Shinnok isn't as helpless as you portray him to be. I'm actually looking forward intially for Quan Chi to go forward with his plan especially using the Amulet against Shinnok, but voila Shinnok switches the real Amulet with a fake one for Quan Chi and turns the tables on him opposite of Troll Chi's MK4 ending. Or maybe Shinnok has hired a villain to turn to his side to betray Quan Chi especially where Tanya comes in. Who says a fallen Elder God can't be a master manipulator himself?

I'm actually curious how Shinnok will interact with Raiden and how he'll gleefully inflict his revenge on the Thunder God, depowering him after Raiden gets kicked out of God status and imprisoning him in the Netherrealm to watch his Earthrealm get consumed. I also want Shinnok somehow exact his revenge on Sub-Zero (if it's Bi-Han) for foiling his plans back in Mythologies and kill him along with his brother (if he gets "goodified") like Shinnok will be proclaiming "They will write a ballad of me of how I FINALLY killed the two Sub-Zeros with one fell swoop!" I agree Shinnok definitely needs more screentime maybe he can give a monologue in the Story trailer like Ultron did in the recent Avengers 2 trailer.

Going to switch on to Episode 2 online right now! Keep up the good work guys!

newt27Posted: 11/02/2014 01:51 AMStatus ::

Visits::799
Nationality::Canada

Awesome guys! Entertaining and I actually decided to listen to it instead of watching Netflix. As a member that is on and off of the forums (normally just becoming much more active a couple months before a games release), this is great!

OptimusGrimePosted: 11/02/2014 02:14 AMStatus ::

Visits::1397

blackcyborg Wrote:

This is a Kommunity podcast. And as such, we'd love to give everyone a chance to let their voice be heard, who wants to be. So if you want to guest on the show, send me a message! Everyone is welcome. :)

T-Rex. RedSumac. The audio showdown. Book it.

ThePredator151Posted: 11/02/2014 02:33 AMStatus ::

Visits::1551

Barakaz_cuz Wrote:

...we did one like this pre-MKvsDC's release in 2008. The RapidShare links in that thread should all be dead by now but I keep the thread clickable in my sig space as "Fans [2]". Click around on all the links in there, you could be surprised to find one or two of them still live. -- I still have the whole thing saved on my pc, come to think of it. Of what I remember, back then, not everyone could record, didn't have a mic...etc so, myself and my then girlfriend LilRabbitFoot ended up being the voices for most of us. The whole thing housed thoughts from myself, TonyTheTiger, GhostDragon, Sub-Zero7th, MickLucifer (voiced by himself), Jerrod, Garlador, and Pink_Ranger(voiced by LilRabbitFoot).

Even though the thread itself wasn't a huge hit here on the forums, it was actually received really well in private. Particularly, Vogel, Hector, and Hans became interested at different times after the thread was made...and that's all I can say about that interaction. So while I won't "claim" anything out-right, listening in to our fan assessment podcast, and then playing MK9 could allow you to see more than a few.... "coincidences." lol

I'm hoping these guys get an even better response than we did. The whole experience is awesome. -- Oh, and of course I'd participate in something like this. Absolutely.

Good to see you online again Barakaz_cuz.

blackcyborg Wrote:

TemperaryUserName Wrote:

RazorsEdge701 Wrote:

Shadaloo Wrote:

Couple likes and dislikes...

1.) That there's 4 of you in there kind of ushering in conversations about the different aspects of the game. I always like it when I can find the voice that speaks to the parts of the game that I relate to.

2.) That each segment for each character isn't stricken by the suggested time limit. Some of the best parts of the conversation happen once everyone gets relaxed in the Raiden and Quan Chi sections. Let the mojo flow bro...

Dislikes:

1.) Razor needs a "friend" in there. Some of his answers seemed short. I think it'd be interesting for us to hear the host or a friendly opposing force poke him for knowledge a bit more.

2.) Can the gameplay guys break down some of the terminology? Not to the point of "gameplay for dummies" style....but maybe something like it? Maybe sprinkle a few terms and their definitions here and there as the weeks go along.

3.) What was up with Shadaloo's voice in the beginning? Wasn't a huge deal but was it just a small technical issue?

___

Favorite parts of the discussion were points brought up about Raiden and Quan Chi. I think that may have been because these characters came a little later in the recording but, they seemed to be the most meaty parts. You all seemed to relax, conversate more than stick to the segments so much, and let the creative juices flow.

Overall I thought it was a great exchange. I used it as background stimulus as I sat here designing things.

The Ultimate Mortal Kombat Experience
- Lead Graphic Designer - Mortal Kombat Online -

:G-play :Story :F-Design :Cutout :Get Sig :Raiden :Fans [1] [2] :#LegendaryArts
blackcyborgPosted: 11/02/2014 03:21 AMStatus ::

ThePredator151 Wrote:
-snip-

Awesome review/feedback Predator! This is the kind of feedback we can really use to better things going forward, especially me trying to host something like this. I need to know what you guys want from the discussion, and these were some nice suggestions.

It was important that the 4 of us could cover the different aspects of the franchise. Temp covers the competitive aspects, Razor covering the story/lore, and Shadaloo and myself weighing in on the visuals/gameplay overall etc. I wanted a good variety, so nobody had any reason to say "this doesn't cover what I like about MK". Story, gameplay, characters, designs, outfits, fatalities, as well as the other mediums and forms of media MK has taken part in, it'll all get covered.

If you are referring to when they were all saying "hi" at the beginning, Shadaloo's voice, I'm not sure what the deal was with that.

Of course you're welcome on the show! Shoot me a message and we can exchange Skype info, and I'll add you to the list of people to have on in the following weeks.

---------------------------------------

I appreciate everyone's feedback thus far, keep it coming! An audio version was requested, so I spent the last couple of hours getting it submitted to itunes. I know not everyone is a fan of itunes, but it's one method of ease of an audio version for some. So that should be cleared in the next few days.

I'll be doing my best to improve the audio each episode, both in preparation with everyone, and in editing. Still learning some tricks to clean things up and whatnot.

ChromePosted: 11/02/2014 06:35 AMStatus ::

Visits::16005
Nationality::Hungary

Great stuff.

Actually you might reach out and get some of the old members back for this, Tgrant is around, only on mute. Libra, XiaoDhun, etc.

I have to admit, Razor you sound nothing like what I expected, or thought up in my heads.

Sig1 photo Chrome-sig_zps5a62b1b1.jpg
shaokahn67Posted: 11/02/2014 06:43 AMStatus ::

Visits::1102
Nationality::Japan

Hi guys,
Great first show, love hearing people discuss mk with the same kind of passion and enthusiasm we see in these forums.
Do you guys record the show over Skype?
I'd love to get involved sometime but since Im based in Japan, time difference etc may be an issue.

ChromePosted: 11/02/2014 08:07 AMStatus ::

Visits::16005
Nationality::Hungary

What the hell, two dragon points only?

If anything this deserves a five.

Sig1 photo Chrome-sig_zps5a62b1b1.jpg
MK-NoobPosted: 11/02/2014 11:28 AMStatus ::

Visits::601
Nationality::Argentina

Great stuff here! I'm relatively new in this site but hearing some of the guys' voices (like Razor's) was cool. I'll listen the video completely when I have more time. Keep it up!

We share blood, we are not brothers
KenshiMaster16Posted: 11/02/2014 11:45 AMStatus ::

Visits::10270

Congrats guys. Love this idea and loved the episode. Very much looking forward to more of this.

Blade4693Posted: 11/02/2014 11:52 AMStatus ::

Visits::3252

Excellent video. I really enjoyed listening to this last night. I should have typed a comment as I was listening but it would have been way too long lol anyway good job guys, cant wait to hear the next installment.

gorostilllivesPosted: 11/02/2014 11:55 AMStatus ::

Visits::4988

Awesome idea, great way to hype MKX!!

IcebabyPosted: 11/02/2014 12:03 PMStatus ::

Visits::11648

I enjoyed this a lot. And I agree with Grime. We need a T. rex and Red episode.

I think I might be down for your next one since my bashful and shyness seemed to get the best of me for the first one.

ShadalooPosted: 11/02/2014 12:19 PMStatus ::

Visits::7067
Nationality::Canada

Thanks for all the kind words and support, guys!

This was the first time I've ever done a podcast of any kind, so I hadn't really considered how fast I normally talk, or how much I was shifting about while speaking. I'm refining my performance as we go, and soon I'll sound a bit less like a mumbly meth addict.

MK Khronology: 58.49% complete...
SkynotePosted: 11/02/2014 12:32 PMStatus ::

Visits::52

Great stuff, guys! I look forward to hearing more, and it's interesting to hear the members' actual voices.

KenshiMaster16Posted: 11/02/2014 12:39 PMStatus ::

Visits::10270

Shadaloo Wrote:
Thanks for all the kind words and support, guys!

This was the first time I've ever done a podcast of any kind, so I didn't really considered how fast I normally talk, or how much I was shifting about while speaking. I'm refining my performance as we go, and soon I'll sound a bit less like a mumbly meth addict.

You guys all sounded great regardless so don't worry about it.

Page of 3

© 1998-2018 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.