MK8 MK VS DC
posted04/18/2008 12:23 PM (UTC)by
joshualukin
Please read below: (This was posted on the IGN Boards)

Date Posted: 9/20 6:35am Subject: Mortal Kombat News!!!
"If anyone at all cares about Next Gen. Mortal Kombat. One of my best friends is developer for midway. He tells me that in new mortal kombat Outworld invades DC Universe. so far they have 10 most popular fighters from first 3 MK's and 10 characters from DC Universe. That also includes superman, greenlanter, batman, flash, ect.. Since you cant really kill superman and dc comics don't want to see their characters die in game, there will be no Fatalities (game will be rated T ). Midway is going for most photo realistic characters and totally destructible levels like in stranglehold. They are planning to release it in late 2008.

At first I was kind of pissed off to hear that new MK will not be rated M and there is no fatalities but at the same time we have to let companies try something new. Who knows maybe it will turn out better then some thought. "

Any truth to this or should he be burned at the stake for suggesting this tragedy?

furiousfuriousfuriousfuriousfuriousfurious
ThePredator151
About Me
The Ultimate Mortal Kombat Experience
- Lead Graphic Designer - Mortal Kombat Online -

:G-play

:Story

:F-Design

:Cutout

:Get Sig

:Raiden

:Fans [1] [2]

:#LegendaryArts

09/21/2007 03:21 PM (UTC)
"or"
MKfan99
About Me

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

09/21/2007 05:36 PM (UTC)
Oh yes.. Marvel vs DC ... thats TOTALLY the dark grisly mortal kombat Boon has been hinting about in interviews..... That story is a load of crap..
outworld222
09/21/2007 08:49 PM (UTC)
Load of crap.
Bull S**t
Subzeroforever
09/24/2007 04:51 AM (UTC)
lies!!!!!
killerspaz
09/24/2007 05:45 PM (UTC)
Biggest pile of horse crap!
Shao_Kahn88
09/24/2007 06:28 PM (UTC)
ha ha this made me laugh! What Bull Sh**
Vomit
About Me

09/24/2007 07:31 PM (UTC)
How do you clash MK with DC? There is no chemistry between those two. Wow, any idiot can make up a story to get attention these days.
ForcedDj
09/24/2007 08:49 PM (UTC)
This is what I think about that story.

BULLSHITNope
Unlikely
Eh.....
Maybe
Likely
Almost Certain
True.

Really, if Boon did that, then Mortal Kombat is fucked because no fatalities=no more of what made Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat. Think about it, if it changed to T, then it would be a lot worse(no more fatalities). If this is true, why not remove the 2 characters that are the most popular(Sub-Zero and Scorpion).

In other words, if this is not true, then its bullshit. If it is true, remove those characters to really change MK.
scorpionspupil
09/27/2007 07:21 PM (UTC)
Lies!!
Shinomune
09/27/2007 07:32 PM (UTC)
joshualukin Wrote:
Please read below: (This was posted on the IGN Boards)

Date Posted: 9/20 6:35am Subject: Mortal Kombat News!!!
"If anyone at all cares about Next Gen. Mortal Kombat. One of my best friends is developer for midway. He tells me that in new mortal kombat Outworld invades DC Universe. so far they have 10 most popular fighters from first 3 MK's and 10 characters from DC Universe. That also includes superman, greenlanter, batman, flash, ect.. Since you cant really kill superman and dc comics don't want to see their characters die in game, there will be no Fatalities (game will be rated T ). Midway is going for most photo realistic characters and totally destructible levels like in stranglehold. They are planning to release it in late 2008.

At first I was kind of pissed off to hear that new MK will not be rated M and there is no fatalities but at the same time we have to let companies try something new. Who knows maybe it will turn out better then some thought. "

Any truth to this or should he be burned at the stake for suggesting this tragedy?

furiousfuriousfuriousfuriousfuriousfurious

This post doesn't exist in IGN Boards.... Bullshit, pure Bullshit...
GrotesquetheBeast
About Me
I need a new sig, something with Kabal from UMK3 would be sweet. Just imagine that here
09/27/2007 10:04 PM (UTC)
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say, It's possible....

It wouldn't be all that far fetched, I mean, kingjolly made a thread about MK vs DC in the general boards.
mkflegend
09/27/2007 11:41 PM (UTC)
Vomit Wrote:
How do you clash MK with DC? There is no chemistry between those two. Wow, any idiot can make up a story to get attention these days.

The same could be said about Marvel vs. Capcom...

This idea should it be true will be interesting indeed, however there are key elements such as storyline, darkness, fatalities and such that I'll have a hard time seeing mixed in with the DC universe.

But yeah read Kingjolly's thread in the general, his source is a lot more valid then this one. KJ won't post anything unless there's a possibility, go to general. This story as GTB above me said might have some truth to it possibly...we'll have to wait and see.
Vapor
10/01/2007 05:51 PM (UTC)
What the fuck is wrong with you? This biggest pile of horseshit doesn't even exist!
MoodyShooter
About Me

Dedicated, hopeless...Li Mei fan.

10/01/2007 09:38 PM (UTC)
Until there is a screenshot posted by either Midway or DC, this is complete and utter bullshit.
VENOMOUS75
10/01/2007 11:22 PM (UTC)
If there is even a shred of truth to this, I wonder how characters like Bats and Supes would be handled? Neither one kills (Though, I do remember seeing Bats and Jason Todd Robin snap a couple of guys necks way back when, but...). Would be more believable if this were MK meets the Image Universe with Spawn joining the Earthrealm ranks and Malebolgia teaming up with Shao Kahn or Shinnok....

Well...Maybe there's some truth to it, but if there are no fatalities, then perhaps 2 MK games are coming out next year?
outworld222
10/01/2007 11:44 PM (UTC)
I personally take a side view to this. Remember when Ed was telling us he was reaching for a Gears of War dark feel to gaming? There is no possible way Superman going against Quan Chi does not make you snicker a little bit. My advice? Let us just wait till January and see what the result is. Let's not jump to conclusions here.
Darklord_Xel
10/02/2007 12:39 AM (UTC)
What a shitload of fuck.
Cyber_EV1L
10/02/2007 01:31 AM (UTC)
I don't see this anywhere on IGN...link please,before I get upset. o.0
Asesino
About Me
10/02/2007 10:41 PM (UTC)
Fuck Superman
Bull. Just bull. I say that MK8 will only be a rebirth story.
Cyber_EV1L
10/03/2007 01:57 AM (UTC)
Asesino Wrote:
Fuck Superman

People of MKO, listen to this man and listen to his words! MK vs. DC is the worst game I have heard ....EVER!
Ghoulie
About Me

Some people prefer the finer things in life. I'm alright just hangin' out with the ghost of Vincent Price.

10/03/2007 03:00 AM (UTC)
Asesino Wrote:
Fuck Superman

It is unwise to mess with the S.
VENOMOUS75
10/03/2007 04:15 AM (UTC)
Meh, he can kiss my s. Hulk smash! ;)
Pages: 7
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.