ThePredator151 Presents ..:::~The MK Fan Assessments~:::.. (KITANA)
posted01/09/2009 12:11 AM (UTC)by
ThePredator151
About Me
The Ultimate Mortal Kombat Experience
- Lead Graphic Designer - Mortal Kombat Online -

:G-play

:Story

:F-Design

:Cutout

:Get Sig

:Raiden

:Fans [1] [2]

:#LegendaryArts

Many of you know I've been doing the MKast Question Filter in response to the Mkasts that Hector and Hans put together for us.

We got a lot of our questions answered (greater half of 50 questions and concerns answered. Between 30-40, and even some extra stuff), had alot of fun getting their attention, and me, I got a couple shout outs -- out of the deal in the MKast 5 & 6.

So with most of the surface concerns addressed, and when things in both the MKO&MIDWAY; forums threads finally died down, I decided to ask some of our sub-surface members for their content in this "Assessment" of Mortal Kombat.

This is sort of a combination of the Rant Thread and the MKast Question Filter thread. This will be my final response to Hector and Hans asking to have fans "organize" our questions concerns. So...

Listen in and Check back often as there's still a couple more Mp3s coming.

If we missed something.....Point that out in this thread so it can at least be noted. Maybe the MKTeam will peek in.....really never know at this point.

Discuss, Critique, but above all, enjoy.

========================================

~~The Assessment MP3's & DownLoads~~

MP3's (Housed on MK Pavillion. Courtesy of ]{ombat [thx!] non-dwnloads)

Part 1

http://tabmok99.mortalkombatonline.com/The_Assessment_MP3_-_Gameplay_0-9min_Tony-Ghost.mp3

==============

Part 2

http://tabmok99.mortalkombatonline.com/The_Assessment_MP3_-_Gameplay_9-21min_Garlador-Pred.mp3

==============

Part 3

http://tabmok99.mortalkombatonline.com/The_Assessment_2hr_MP3_Story_20min_38sec_-_1hr_1min.mp3

==============

Part 4

http://tabmok99.mortalkombatonline.com/The_Assessment_MP3_Other_Stuff_1hr_1min_--_END.mp3

RapidShare:

(NOTE: Click "free user" and wait for the download option show up.)

1. Gameplay 1 0:00 - 09min 57sec - TonyTheTiger-GhostDragon

2. Gameplay 2 9-21min Garlador-ThePredator151

3. StoryTime 20min 38sec - 1hr 1min (40min total) XiahouDun84, Sub-Zero7th, MickLucifer, Jerrod, Garlador & ThePredator151

4. Aesthetics (Other Stuff// Mood//"Fluff" and what have you) 1hr 1min - END (56min total) Pink_Ranger, Mick-Lucifer, Garlador, & ThePredator151

and if those^^ links don't work for you.....

Filesavr.com

3. StoryTime 20min 38sec - 1hr 1min (40min total) XiahouDun84, Sub-Zero7th, MickLucifer, Jerrod, Garlador & ThePredator151

4. Aesthetics (Other Stuff// Mood//"Fluff" and what have you) 1hr 1min - END (56min total) Pink_Ranger, Mick-Lucifer, Garlador, & ThePredator151

Thanks to MineOut.

Corresponding links mentioned in recording:

Gameplay section:

From GhostDragon -

Zero Gravity

Last Hurrah for Chilvary

Jackie Chan vs Bennie "The Jet" Urquidez 1

Jackie Chan vs Bennie "The Jet" Urquidez 2 (Dragons Forever)

Long & Short Axe vs Silver Spear

5 element Ninjas

5 Deadly Venoms

Kid with the Golden Arm

Kung Fu Sparring Rotine

Bourne vs Desh

Bourne Ultimatum (behind the scenes)

Kyokushin Karate Demo

Martal Arts Choreography

Martial Arts Choreography 2 Shorter guy resembles how I think a character like Liu Kang would be taken care of thematically.

------

Aesthetics//Other Stuff Section:

ThePredator151- Mick-Lucifer

Silent Hill "fatality" Scene

The Mist

The Devils Rejects

Jet Li's Unleashed 3:45 into this vid

Painters Boris Vallejo & Julie Bell -- Luis Royo

Bar Fight1

Bar Fight2

"Fire" 1 // Martial Arts and "Fire//Lightning" 2

"Earthbending"

Martial Arts and "Water" 1 // Martial Arts and "Water" 2

Martial Arts and "Air" 1 // Martial Arts and "Air" 2 (+Jet Li)

~~ Just wanted to note that, we didn't know that we would agree or disagree as much as we did in this thing. There was no preemptive "meeting" or whatever. Everyones content came in at different times. Then I tried to fill in as many "blank spots" as possible.~~

=============Kitana Pg. 3=====================

Same thread on the MIDWAY Forums Again, Discuss, Critique, but above all, enjoy!
MINION
About Me
Groundbreaking Debut | You[Tube] | deviantART | Twitter
10/20/2008 02:17 AM (UTC)
What is this exactly bro? You interviewing people from the forum on opinions or?
ThePredator151
About Me

10/20/2008 02:26 AM (UTC)
This is an Audio version of us on the forums. It's really like, us critiquing Mortal Kombat as a consequence of MKvsDC. Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions, Complaints...ect.

It's like the Rant Thread + Mkast Question Filter combined from members on MKO that are definitely NOT pegged with the "n00b" label. Y'know, this is without all the "W1ll K0br4 b3 in11!!??!11" stuff.

Since I don't know many of the folks on the MIDWAY boards, I couldn't get any of them in on this....I wish I could've though.

==

It's funny you were the first post Min, I wanted you in here too but, at the time I couldn't get on the internet(cuz of that virus thing). So I had to kinda go ahead while offline.

There was a few other folks I wanted in here too but, this thing ended up being 2hrs long, and took something like 3wks now to finish.

I got a degree to earn..lol
khanswarrior15
10/20/2008 02:52 AM (UTC)
This excellent,Pred,I was waiting for something along these lines.Thank you for contributing to such a great cause.

; )
Mewzard
About Me

RIDER KIIIIICK!

10/20/2008 02:54 AM (UTC)
Any chance of getting the MK guys ti listen to this for MK9? ;) In any case, some nice points in there. While I feel they've made improvements...I'd like to see the next game take it to the next level.
MINION
About Me
10/20/2008 02:57 AM (UTC)
I'll join next one, with concerns I have, not much dislikes though. I have a USB mic so it's all good.
khanswarrior15
10/20/2008 02:58 AM (UTC)
MINION Wrote:
I'll join next one, with concerns I have, not much dislikes though. I have a USB mic so it's all good.

Sounds great ; )
MiNeOuT
About Me
10/20/2008 04:07 AM (UTC)
"You have reached the download limit for free-users. Would you like more?"

Pred you need to upload the files somewhere else.

ThePredator151
About Me

10/20/2008 04:20 AM (UTC)
MINION Wrote:

Oh hell yea.

Hey, why not hook it up and put it in here anyway?

MiNeOuT Wrote:
"You have reached the download limit for free-users. Would you like more?"

Pred you need to upload the files somewhere else.

What's another good one? Some of them cut off portions of the MP3...no matter how long or short I make them. I tried Webhost, and a couple other random ones, but to no avail.

I'll take suggestions.
ThePredator151
About Me

10/20/2008 04:40 AM (UTC)
Will do...

In the meantime, this is one of those examples and can serve as a hold over until I get all of them uploaded on a couple sites. Giving options seems to be key here.

Gameplay:

WebFileHost

Should be about 21min, but I think it's short . Let me see if I can find the Story one that I uploaded earlier. Look to the bottom of the page for the red counter. Wait for the download option.

Gameplay:

File Savr

Story:

File Savr

Let me know if everything lines up right. Like if the beginning of the Storytime mp3 (it begins with me saying "Storytime"), lines up with the end of the gameplay mp3 (It ends where I say "it's as simple as that")

All the ones that work, I'll put them in the first post.

Note: That WebFileHost link took me FOREVER to download, and I got a pretty good computer. I would advise trying these other ones as well, to see which one is fastest downloaded for you.
MiNeOuT
About Me
10/20/2008 05:03 AM (UTC)
The bottom file doesn't work.
MINION
About Me
10/20/2008 05:29 AM (UTC)
I just made a commentary video, about my opinions on MK. Since none really hear me speak about it much. Need to edit and what not, but will post in here ASAP. It's pretty long, but you will finally know my thoughts on MK in all seriousness. smile

If that's cool with you pred? I don't really wanna make a new thread for this. You can include it into your main post, as a separate part? glasses
ThePredator151
About Me

10/20/2008 05:45 AM (UTC)
MINION Wrote:
I just made a commentary video, about my opinions on MK. Since none really hear me speak about it much. Need to edit and what not, but will post in here ASAP. It's pretty long, but you will finally know my thoughts on MK in all seriousness. smile

If that's cool with you pred? I don't really wanna make a new thread for this. You can include it into your main post, as a separate part? glasses

You got it. It'll be open for discussion like the other stuff.

Also, I need more feedback on the links and such. I need to know if it's isolated to MineOut or not.

Is everyone receiving the Mp3's fine?

I don't wanna be spending days just trying to upload these things.
MINION
About Me
10/20/2008 06:12 AM (UTC)
All 3 worked for me. Here's a Trusted Site:

http://www.zshare.net/
Check
10/20/2008 08:05 AM (UTC)
predator, great job man. why not come to me for the gameplay though? ;(
i really need to get in on this and devote myself entirely. i have not been taking advantage of these mkast opportunitys. but now i can actually lay it out all at once and they can listen to my MKast!! this is great! i really need to get my mic workin. what id give for just 15 minutes on the phone with hans/hector
how long do we have to get this in?
ThePredator151 Wrote:
MINION Wrote:

You got it. It'll be open for discussion like the other stuff.
Also, I need more feedback on the links and such. I need to know if it's isolated to MineOut or not.

ill check out the links tommorow or maybe even a little later, depending how i feel.
BrotherHoodOfShadow
About Me

Mortal Kombat player "REO".

TWITTER - https://twitter.com/MK_REO

TWITCH - www.twitch.tv/reo_MK

10/20/2008 08:32 AM (UTC)
hmm this could turn out good, go for it check! =)
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
10/20/2008 08:56 AM (UTC)
ThePredator151 Wrote:
If we missed something.....Point that out in this thread so it can at least be noted. Maybe the MKTeam will peek in.....really never know at this point.

Discuss, Critique, but above all, enjoy.
========================================
~~The Assessment DownLoads~~
RapidShare:
(NOTE: Click "free user" and wait for the download option show up.)

3. StoryTime 20min 38sec - 1hr 1min (40min total) XiahouDun84, Sub-Zero7th, MickLucifer, Jerrod, & ThePredator151

Because apparently a few people missed it...

Good stuff! Overall, a pretty interesting information/discussion dump!
I didn't have any trouble downloading, but that was earlier.
ThePredator151
About Me

10/20/2008 09:49 AM (UTC)
Check Wrote:
predator, great job man. why not come to me for the gameplay though? ;(

i really need to get in on this and devote myself entirely. i have not been taking advantage of these mkast opportunitys. but now i can actually lay it out all at once and they can listen to my MKast!! this is great! i really need to get my mic workin. what id give for just 15 minutes on the phone with hans/hector

how long do we have to get this in?

1. Thanks.

2. How long? Mmm...until you think they've stopped tweaking the engine for MK9? lol idk.

I wasn't really doing it with a precondition besides for them to hear us say these things instead of maybe, having to read through everything when they do stop through here.

I suppose this whole thing could be sort of a "challenge" to the MkTeam to see if "they still got it in them" but, idk.

3. My wish list was you, Check(technical), Malone(technical), GTrax(technical), TTT(technical segue), GhostDragon(martial artist), Chrome(martial artist), and Sub-Zero7th(martial artist) on gameplay. But I had to go with the flow man. Plus, like I was saying to Minion, this thing would have been 3-4 hours long instead then, AND I was dealing with that whole virus thing in the middle of all of this. AND I moved into my first house during this thing. Gotta go with the flow, and at the time I couldn't get to all you guys. Trax was outta town for instance.

Hm....I guess this actually took me longer than a month to complete.

4. Um...please do post up a link to your MP3 or Video or w/e. I'll put it right up in there so that they have a multi media list to refer to over the course of the next game or so.

This type of thing could also serve them better if they're gonna be "fixing things" during MkvsDC's release.

Mick-Lucifer Wrote:
Good stuff! Overall, a pretty interesting information/discussion dump!
I didn't have any trouble downloading, but that was earlier.

Pleased to see a positive from you. As you know, the initial concept for using your bytes was a little different but, I think it worked well enough.

You have a couple more appearances in this upload that's coming. I ended up talking alot though. There's just so much stuff.

=====

"Aesthetics and Other Stuff" coming up!

This will be the biggest one, coming in @ 56min. It's got the "Outro" attached to it so, be sure to check the first post.

After that is finally uploaded, I hope to get some healthy feedback.
Nic-V
10/20/2008 11:24 AM (UTC)
Cool stuff grin
As for a place to upload I'd recommend Megaupload. They've never given me problems
MiNeOuT
About Me
10/20/2008 05:58 PM (UTC)

The "Aesthetics" link is taking forever to download.

ThePredator151 Wrote:

All the links in the first post work, it's just that we have to wait 15 minutes after downloading one file for the next to work.

================================== UPDATE:

I've uploaded the files to filesavr.com.

Uppercut Editions
About Me

Uppercut Editions - Mortal Kombat Encyclopedia Project Creator and Manager - Join Our Fight and Like the Mortal Kombat Encyclopedia Project on Facebook and Twitter -

10/20/2008 07:49 PM (UTC)
This had better be posted on the Midway Forums.
ThePredator151
About Me

10/20/2008 08:30 PM (UTC)
Ninja_Arts Wrote:
This had better be posted on the Midway Forums.

It's here

I'm gonna make a thread over there too in a second. I wanted to finish updating this one before I did that though.

Hold on.

===============

@ MkTeam:

Staying in tune with the "feedback I wanted from the recordings, I see something that looks like it may be "my bright idea". It Looks like "Close Kombat" in MKvsDC, is kin to an idea I had a while ago. I'll have to find the thread in the Future Forum that I mentioned it in.

The intent of that idea was as a test your might kind of thing, or something in the practice area of the game, or even as a "situation" that one could suddenly "find" themselves subjected to in the story mode.

I was thinking that this "close kombat" mechanism should contribute to building a characters strengths, attributes and stuff (do well, get stronger//experience and be more capable of greater moves and so on that you could take with you into the arcade ladder). Think like the practice dummy in Fight Night Round 3, but more interactive, more intuitive, especially more rewarding, and with a "sparing partner"//sensei instead of just hitting the stagnate dummy on the specific, "indicated" spots.

Look here at Jet Li vs Michael in Jet Li's Unleashed. 3:45 into the vid. I mentioned it months ago. lol

I hope it works if this is indeed the case, I'm glad people that have played it, seem to like it alot. Still stand by what I said about "interruptions" during realtime gameplay in general though. The less things feel like an interruption, the better. No pauses, breaks in the flow of a fight, ect. There should only be "levels" of ease or complexity.

Hence, how capable the player is, to being able to attack or defend....like another idea in the Aesthetics section about the Graveyard arena. Like, if a corpse were to creep up and grab your foot, shaking it off should be able to happen quickly, and I wouldn't want to leave out instances were you're being attacked when the thing grabbed your foot. You should still be able to fight through that complication. You should still be able to defend yourself with your other limbs. You'd just, definitely NOT be the aggressor in that particular situation, until you were able to get "that little bastard" off your leg. haha... Maybe pushing a "kick button" would do the trick, but you'd calculate when a beneficial time to do it was, if you werre in an intense fight.

Anyway, that's the idea.

In this thread I'll try to explain some of these ideas better. (lol) My fault.
JackBurton
About Me

When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yes sir, the check is in the mail."

10/20/2008 08:40 PM (UTC)
Wow, Predator, Jack Burton is thoroughly impressed by how much you bust your ass. This is sure to be awesome.

I just had to take a minute to say that. I'm eager to see how exactly this goes. Gives me more pride in the franchise to know our voice is heard and stuff...

And THAT'S what Jack Burton has to say at this time.
Ninjakata
About Me

Life is a journey. Enjoy it.

10/20/2008 11:30 PM (UTC)
My God. That was awesome! I've downloaded and listened to all of them. This is some freaking firepower right here man. Excellent work!

There were so many great points made. I didn't really get a true grasp of how jacked up some of the characters storylines were until this recent listen. Everything said about the gameplay was spot on. The high/low 50/50 fest was like a frustrating game of chance, especially when playing MKD and MKA online. I hope that online is drastically different and better for MK vs DC and future games.

I think that since they are nearly done with MK vs DC Boon and the team should sit down and have a meeting in which all the members listen to this MK fan assessment, take notes, and lay down a master plan to bring this franchise back to its former glory.

I would like to hear feedback from Hector and others in a future blog or Mkast to see if the team will take these things into consideration.
Pages: 3
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.