JADEdSCORPION
01/12/2011 06:57 PM (UTC)
Jaded-Raven Wrote:
JADEdSCORPION Wrote:
I love her new look! I think that render they have of her is lighter than her in-game model. Her in game model where she's fighting Kitana looks pretty dark to me. I love it. The only weird thing about her fighting in-game is that it doesn't show the sash in front? Or maybe the physics is making it move to the side?

Yeah, I haven't been able to get a proper look at that sash/loincloth either. I'm rather curious how it is attached to the rest of her costume and how it looks like overall. The same with her armbands. :P

I think her sash/loincloth is just attached as a general extension of her torso clothing. The torso port continues down to her crotch and then trails off down past her knees. I can see from the scans that that sash is RATHER long. Which...is why I'm so confused that I don't see it in the fighting model. Maybe it broke or is part of battle damage? lol I also agree that she should have retained her choker from MKD. I thought it was a nice touch and completed the design.
Jaded-Raven
01/12/2011 07:03 PM (UTC)
JADEdSCORPION Wrote:
Jaded-Raven Wrote:
JADEdSCORPION Wrote:
I love her new look! I think that render they have of her is lighter than her in-game model. Her in game model where she's fighting Kitana looks pretty dark to me. I love it. The only weird thing about her fighting in-game is that it doesn't show the sash in front? Or maybe the physics is making it move to the side?

Yeah, I haven't been able to get a proper look at that sash/loincloth either. I'm rather curious how it is attached to the rest of her costume and how it looks like overall. The same with her armbands. :P

I think her sash/loincloth is just attached as a general extension of her torso clothing. The torso port continues down to her crotch and then trails off down past her knees. I can see from the scans that that sash is RATHER long. Which...is why I'm so confused that I don't see it in the fighting model. Maybe it broke or is part of battle damage? lol I also agree that she should have retained her choker from MKD. I thought it was a nice touch and completed the design.

Being colourblind, I think that it prevents me from seeing the sash on her scan render, as there's that list of confirmed characters in front of it. Because I can really not see it! XD
So thanks for the description, I can imagine how it looks like now. ^^
Leo
About Me

01/12/2011 07:27 PM (UTC)
Jaded-Raven Wrote:
When you say Jade looks like Kitana, then what exactly do you mean? Is it the outift?

Yes. Physically, she is different enough, but the very clothing on her body detracts from that - again, not something that should happen in a game prioritizing individuality.

Jaded-Raven Wrote:
There are three things the three girls share in their outfits: The mask, the cleavage and the crossing strings. And even those three things are different from one another. They're supposed to share some similarities as they are Shao Kahn's assassins and their outfits are some kind of uniform of sorts.

Ok, but see, that's fan-made reasoning. A good one, of course, but fan-made nonetheless. I've never shaken off the sensation that the palette swaps of the olden days were nothing more than an "easy way out", a way to have a bigger roster without much creativity being involved, and I never liked it. It is why I was so pleased with how different the female "ninjas" became with time. They were individual characters, finally, with their own distinct look, personality, and place in the story. Now we're going all the back in the looks department, and it irks me.

Jaded-Raven Wrote:
Like Scorpion and Sub-Zero have similarities as well. They are hooded, they wear masks, their outfits are V-shaped and they have loincloths... And they are supposed to resemble eachother, at least somewhat, as the game takes place where they were all palette swaps of one another.

Sub-Zero and Scorpion are different enough, yes. Even Reptile is! Ermac, look how unique he looks now as compared to his UMK3 version. Jade and Kitana don't have as much differentiation going on, at least when it comes to their primary costumes (the thought of the alternates is what keeps me from being too bothered by all these similarities). Take Scorpion and Sub-Zero's masks, for instance - their designs are very different. The only real similarity is that both of their mouths are covered. Kitana, Jade, and Mileena's masks are pretty much all the same. Why does Mileena not have a veil instead of the mask? Why didn't they do something different with Jade's mask design? Subtle, creative additions would make such a huge difference for me. Not need to just tape some cloth over the girls' mouths when you've given so much more attention to the male ninjas.

Jaded-Raven Wrote:
I am no fan of palette swaps, but I find their outfits different enough from one another to be their own Individual designs. They are not as individual from one another as they were in MKDA-MKA, no, but again, they are not supposed to.

There are differences, but as I've stated, I just wish there were plenty more. It's just not enough, at least in the females' case. And honestly, I have to disagree with saying that they are not supposed to be as individual as they were in DA-A. Like I said before, the "assassin uniform" idea is good, but fan-made. Palette-swapping has always been a lazy process, and I don't think they should be going back to that frame of mind (or even close to it) this late in the game.
Jaded-Raven
01/12/2011 07:36 PM (UTC)
Okay, here's an explanation that isn't fan-made.

The outfits are supposed to resemble their original outfits from the three first games, but with a fresh and updated look. Some of the characters look closer to their original looks than others, but that was basically the idea of this game. And that is what Jade's outfit does. And because Jade was a palette swap of Kitana, then their outfits have some comparisons.

So there you go.
MK2US
01/12/2011 07:46 PM (UTC)
What about her eyes???? No one mentioned if her eyes color is green or not.
Devan
01/12/2011 07:46 PM (UTC)
I know one thing Ms.Jade better have her staff in her normal attacks and it needs to have the glow around it!
Leo
About Me

01/12/2011 07:47 PM (UTC)
Jaded-Raven Wrote:

The outfits are supposed to resemble their original outfits from the three first games, but with a fresh and updated look. Some of the characters look closer to their original looks than others, but that was basically the idea of this game. And that is what Jade's outfit does. And because Jade was a palette swap of Kitana, then their outfits have some comparisons.

So there you go.

The basic idea of this game was for some characters to look closer to their original looks than others? I don't follow...

Overall, your post more succinctly restated your previous one. I guess it just comes down to how accepting we each are toward the (IMO) overstated similarities between the female ninjas, when subtle additions would've made such a bigger impact. You're very accepting, whereas I'm not for the various reasons I've already mentioned.
JADEdSCORPION
01/12/2011 07:47 PM (UTC)
I don't think they look anything alike. The days of palette swaps are over and NRS has done a nice job of retaining original designs while simultaneously updating it for the present in my opinion.

1.) Kitana's costume has more flowy elements. It has details in it that signify that she is indeed royalty. The intricate flowing designs and the sash down the center indicate that she is royal. Jade, however, has no such details from what we can see. Her costume is a lot more straightforward. The sash in the front is similar but it's attached to a skintight and simple corset.

2.)Their upper bodies are different. Kitana has a short cropped top while Jade has a corset that goes straight down to below her navel.

3.) Jade is ten times darker than Kitana. :-p

4.)Their masks have totally different designs. Jade's has two black lines going down both the left and right. The top of Jade's mask is also embroidered with black and gold.
Jaded-Raven
01/12/2011 07:49 PM (UTC)
MK2US Wrote:
What about her eyes???? No one mentioned if her eyes color is green or not.

Now that you mention it, I find the scans too dark to define her eyecolour. Good question though. Is anyone able to see it?

LeoBrZ81 Wrote:
Jaded-Raven Wrote:

So there you go.

The basic idea of this game was for some characters to look closer to their original looks than others? I don't follow...

Overall, your post more succinctly restated your previous one. I guess it just comes down to how accepting we each are toward the (IMO) overstated similarities between the female ninjas, when subtle additions would've made such a bigger impact. You're very accepting, whereas I'm not for the various reasons I've already mentioned.

Hehe, what I meant was that some characters resemble their original outfits while others look further from their original looks. Like you said, Reptile looks nothing like his original look where as the three assassin girls look closer to theirs.

And yeah, I guess it is a question about personal preferences and acceptance. That said, if this was an all new MK that happens after Armageddon instead of being a loop back to the past, then I wouldn't be as acceptive of it. I accept this because it is a hint back to the past three games.

Heh, sorry if I seem to repeat myself, I don't mean to. I guess I'm just not that good at explaining myself when trying to prove a point, if I think I had already described it.
skein
About Me
01/12/2011 07:52 PM (UTC)
I like how Jade looks, but I would love to see a second costume where she doesn't wear a mask and shows her face.

I know that MK is famous for ninja masks, but I would like to see the fighters faces as well. But I guess they will milk DLC for this to happen.
daryui
About Me
01/12/2011 10:05 PM (UTC)
About Jade:

Green Eyes..

The loincloth can be seen in the screenshot...
It appears to be attached to her torso garment and has a gold ring...(Look in the box with the list of confirmed characters, you can see part of the render)

------------------------------------------

That's all for now....

QueenSindel(TheBitch)
01/12/2011 11:23 PM (UTC)
Jade if simply my favorite of the ninjas. I'll take the stealthy soldier who lurks in the shadows over the tramp and the bimbo anyday.

Not only is she the only one who actually acts like a ninja, but I like how she's a tough chick as well, unlike Mileena with her eye-rolling "ooh la la" personality and Kitana with her eye-rolling delicate flower shit.

As if that's not enough, she looks better than the other two. Her MKD Alt was just the bomb. And her amazon woman primary shows just how warrior-like she is.

Kitana has always failed in the wardrobe department. She has yet to wear anything that requires one thought of sincere effort to create, and other than her MKD primary, Mileena has been the same. Post 2D, Jade has had TWO rockin' costumes.

Move-wise... Even there Jade is superior imo. She uses more mystical attacks like the Vanishing Winds, Shadow King, and Evasion Aura, while the other two tend to have bland generic moves. Well Kitana's Fan Lift is cool and Mileena's Sky Kick Teleport is cool, but other than that... bland. Not Jade though. She's got more than 1 creative move up her sleeve.

So overall, I'm glad she's back and I hope they make her as fun as she always is. And glad that she and Sindel (my fav chars) don't show anything we haven't seen before. Unlike K n M who are stripped down as if they're life depended on it, Jade and Sindel get to wear a little more. Yay.

Jade's gonna be great. I know it. If she plays as good as she looks, I can definitely say I'm not worried.
Zeb**
01/13/2011 12:51 AM (UTC)
I have zoomed in on the scan a bit and it seems Jade's eyes indeed look a little green or at least brown-green. It's quite hard to tell, but in any case they are greenish.
Thibideau
01/13/2011 01:05 AM (UTC)
Being my second favorite character, I am so STOKED that she's been confirmed and from what I've seen she looks fantastic. The gold against the green is a very nice touch. I would love to see some gameplay vids but something tells me we won't get much of anything until a month before release.

But oh well, I can breathe a sigh of relief knowing she made the game.
wdm6789
01/13/2011 01:11 AM (UTC)
I am very glad to see Jade made it in, I had my doubts for a little bit, but I knew in the end Jade would be in the game, She was in MK2 and UMK3, so if she wasnt in I was going to be pretty pissed. Kitana, Jade, and Sindel are all in, hell yeah. They all look great. Im really curious to see how they will make Jade's fighting style, Sindel's as well, Since they keep emphasizing how "individual" the characters will be this time around. Kitana and Mileena's fighting styles are great and fit them very well, Im hoping Jade is similar to Kitana, but moves more like a ninja, Kitana moves more like a gymnast or ballerina, which works for her, but Jade should be more stealthy ninja.
Jumpman11
01/13/2011 01:29 AM (UTC)
they really made jade beautiful in this, lets hope she plays as good as she looks
-NIGHTWOLF-
01/13/2011 01:55 AM (UTC)
Jaded-Raven Wrote:
Bi-on-iC Wrote:
Where're the HQ pics??? I can't find them confused

It is against forum rules to ask for and post scans or links to scans. But search on google and I'm sure you'll find them.

I found a scan in you're sig. How it got aprooved I'll never know. Does look nice though.
JADEdSCORPION
01/13/2011 02:01 AM (UTC)
-NIGHTWOLF- Wrote:
Jaded-Raven Wrote:
Bi-on-iC Wrote:

It is against forum rules to ask for and post scans or links to scans. But search on google and I'm sure you'll find them.

I found a scan in you're sig. How it got aprooved I'll never know. Does look nice though.

Seriously. I got banned for having the scan of Jade as my just my avatar and he can flaunt her all gloriously and shit! lol The sig looks awesome though.
StevenTaing
01/13/2011 09:06 AM (UTC)
I'm glad that to see that the chick assassin trinity is complete with the addition of Jade. I'll definitely try her out.

but what I really want to say is..

TC has an awesome sig. lol.
Jaded-Raven
01/13/2011 09:07 AM (UTC)
daryui Wrote:
About Jade:

Green Eyes..

The loincloth can be seen in the screenshot...
It appears to be attached to her torso garment and has a gold ring...(Look in the box with the list of confirmed characters, you can see part of the render)

------------------------------------------

That's all for now....

Thank you for the eyecolour update. ^^
I still have trouble seeing her loincloth, but I have noticed that there is some golden ring or medallion just at the start of the loincloth.

-NIGHTWOLF- Wrote:
Jaded-Raven Wrote:
Bi-on-iC Wrote:

I asked Kombat if it would be alright or against the rules before I put it as my sig. He told me that because it is so heavily edited, then it would be alright. I'm just glad that it got approved. ^^
It also gives people an idea of how Jade appears like.
Jaded-Raven
01/14/2011 05:55 PM (UTC)
I have updated the top post with a storyline idea for Jade.
I hope you like it. ^^
wdm6789
01/15/2011 08:40 AM (UTC)
Most of the story is good, though I think Edenians were proficient fighters as well. I dont think Sindel would have competed in the tournament and If Jade was old enough for all of this then she would be much older than Kitana. It does give a way for Kitana to have found out about Edenia, but I like Jade and Kitana growing up together and being the same age.
Jaded-Raven
01/15/2011 09:41 AM (UTC)
wdm6789 Wrote:
Most of the story is good, though I think Edenians were proficient fighters as well. I dont think Sindel would have competed in the tournament and If Jade was old enough for all of this then she would be much older than Kitana. It does give a way for Kitana to have found out about Edenia, but I like Jade and Kitana growing up together and being the same age.

Thanks for your input. ^^

I don't see a reason for Edenians having been proficient fighters in the past. Edenia is all about peace and sereene beauty. They use magic over technology, they didn't need to fight.

The reason I had Sindel train and fight in the tournament is because I don't buy the whole "she was resurrected from the dead and then she suddenly knew how to fight". But again, Sindel doesn't rely on her fighting skills, more on her powers (the shriek, the fireballs, the flying), so the idea of Edenians not originally being fighters is reflected on her.

And also, we are never given a reason why Shao Kahn made Jade his personal assassin along with Kitana, so I find this a nice explanation.

I'm not the greatest of writers, but I hope you enjoyed it none the less. :)
RazorsEdge701
01/15/2011 09:49 AM (UTC)
Jaded-Raven Wrote:
I don't see a reason for Edenians having been proficient fighters in the past. Edenia is all about peace and sereene beauty. They use magic over technology, they didn't need to fight.

Not necessarily true. Edenia clearly had a knighthood, as Sindel knighted Shujinko in Deception. (and trained him in their knights' fighting style herself, implying that she could have been a knight in the past, perhaps that's how she met and fell in love with Jerrod?) And past depictions of Edenia/Jerrod (non-canon ones, but that's the only depictions of Jerrod there are, so...yeah.) made them look very Camelot/King Arthur-esque, and Arthur was the heroic swordsman type. Jerrod did fight Kahn in battle, after all (albeit, he lost that fight)

And Armageddon establishes that Kahn actually had to try twice to successfully invade Edenia, his forces were fought off the first time, in battles which Argus's family had a big hand in. ('Course, maybe they did almost all the work, and the reason he won the second time was because the second time, Taven, Daegon, Orin, and Caro weren't around, they were in their caves on Earth...)
wdm6789
01/15/2011 09:49 AM (UTC)
They explain a lot about Edenia in MKD konquest mode, they give you little facts and stuff. Sindel talks about Edenian knights, so Im sure there were plenty of trained fighters and knights in Edenia's army. Also, have you seen the new scans on youtube, they are really good and it shows a close up of all the scans. Jade looks really good, we can see what her hair looks like, she has a low pony tail and her her hair is free, not braided or anything and it looks like its about mid back length.
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.