Wandering Jacqui Briggs Fan
About Me

My favorite kombatant is Jacqui Briggs and no one can change my mind!

Creator:Mortal Kombat Armageddon All-Stars, MK fanseries based on Total Drama.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf09CtI2VGXrXlYJdUB2zLcR1SNzFtRa6

06/23/2018 01:49 PM (UTC)
Sure fire for Onaga for me. Because I like dragons.
frabn
About Me

Well, you all got your Tremor now. Can we finally move on?

06/23/2018 03:33 PM (UTC)
Onaga.

I already wasn't fond of where the story was going in the 3D era, and the introduction of the Super Taven Bros. just completely killed it for me. I don't like either of them, though the one decent aspect of Daegon is that he is actually the grand master of the Red Dragon. Still, not enough to be interesting.

Onaga had a lot of lore pumped into his backstory that never really became realized in the storytelling of the games. With the way they do the story in this new generation of MK, Onaga could be poised to be developed as a serious big bad.
ErmaSco
06/23/2018 11:38 PM (UTC)
Onaga was super cool in MKDA's Raiden's ending. Felt like a big chunck of crap at MKD/A.

I don't like big final bosses. MKDA got it right.
DAEGON1
06/24/2018 01:07 AM (UTC)
Daegon was teased at the end of the MKX comics, so he'll probably be on MK11 which makes me happy. I vote for for him, of course.

I voted Sareena last round but didn't have anything to say.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
06/24/2018 06:29 AM (UTC)

TOURNAMENT BATTLE - ROUND 1:
Sindel versus Shao Kahn
#40 Supreme Ranking #11
2 wins 6 losses Record 10 wins 5 losses
Round 2 (2012) Best Result Quarters (2017)

With Outworld's invasion of Earthrealm thwarted; Sindel joined her victims as a revenant army staging a new attack. Two generations of warriors were forced to battle the powerful Edenian Queen as she marched agaisnt the Sky Temple on behalf of Shinnok. Though the fallen Elder God was vanquished, the revenant Sindel remains in the periphery as her daughter assumes control of the Netherrealm.

The threat of Shao Kahn led Raiden to create a new reality by reaching into the past. His gambit endangered the Earthrealm as the Outworld Emperor laid siege to a new world decimated of its heroes. Moments away from defeating the Thunder God, Shao Kahn was obliterated by the Elder Gods themselves! Twenty-five years later, Shao Kahn remains dead with the throne of Outworld occupied by those who would succeed his reign.

Sindel ended her life after Edenia was conquered by Shao Kahn, but if she can return as a corrupted revenant -- what of The Emperor? Could the roles be reversed? Sindel dwells in a Netherrealm now controlled by her daughter, while Shao Kahn's legacy shapes Outworld even after his obliteration. Who's next? FIGHT!

MKKitana
06/24/2018 10:41 AM (UTC)
Sindel.

Another of my top 5 characters. I think shes really underrated as a character and deserves a chance in this contest.
I loved her in the original timeline and in MK9. It would be rrally good to see how the developed her fighting style with the three variations and her personality via the intros.

Shao Kahn is an iconic enemy but hes not relevent to the storyline atm. I think it would be good if he came back but not as the resident big bad. That way he might get more development and personality.
About Me

06/24/2018 01:17 PM (UTC)
Didn't like either...

Voted for Sindel.
Detox
About Me

You work with what you got...not what you hope for.

06/24/2018 02:11 PM (UTC)
Many people have spoken of “Shao Kahn fatigue” over the years, but I can’t say I’m one of them. Shao Kahn is equal parts bloodthirsty savage and grand schemer. Every time you think he’s down, he shows up to rip your head off. He has a timeless design and remains one of the greatest bosses in fighting games, period. Crossing my fingers that he reappears in MK11.

Sindel is a character that is just one step above Jade status in my eyes. In the original timeline, she was integral to the plot of MK3 but has merely coasted on that relevance ever since. The new timeline did her no favors as she was apart of one of the most infamous scenes in NRS games history. Last seen as a revenant of hell, I have no doubt she remains by Kitana’s side for the foreseeable future.

Voted- Shao Kahn
MrMephistopheles
06/24/2018 02:19 PM (UTC)
Detox Wrote:
Many people have spoken of “Shao Kahn fatigue” over the years, but I can’t say I’m one of them. Shao Kahn is equal parts bloodthirsty savage and grand schemer. Every time you think he’s down, he shows up to rip your head off. He has a timeless design and remains one of the greatest bosses in fighting games, period. Crossing my fingers that he reappears in MK11.

Sindel is a character that is just one step above Jade status in my eyes. In the original timeline, she was integral to the plot of MK3 but has merely coasted on that relevance ever since. The new timeline did her no favors as she was apart of one of the most infamous scenes in NRS games history. Last seen as a revenant of hell, I have no doubt she remains by Kitana’s side for the foreseeable future.

Voted- Shao Kahn

In my head I think Shao Kahn is finished but in my heart I agree. Hes just too awesome!
I am more interested in Sindel at the moment now that Kitana and Liu have taken over the nether realm but if Shao Kahn came back I think that would be great too.
[Killswitch]
About Me

Shao Kahn did nothing wrong

06/24/2018 06:00 PM (UTC)
Sindel is a pretty cool character and I voted for her. I am one of those people, as Detox said earlier, that is actually fatigued by Shao Kahn. Make no mistake, though. I love the character. He's a classic for sure and he kicks my ass more often then not, but I'm glad they didn't use him at all in MKX. He could probably sit out one more game and be teased at the end of MK11's story. That would pretty pretty hype imo.
DAEGON1
06/24/2018 11:15 PM (UTC)
Shao Kahn, of course, he's one of the most iconic MK characters and remains the best boss. I never liked Sindel at all.
frabn
About Me

06/25/2018 02:34 AM (UTC)
Shao Kahn.

For all those complaining of Shao Kahn fatigue, he's honestly the least developed and represented villain in the series, while also being the most iconic. While the boss of MK2 and MK3, he had practically no development...he was just "the big bad emperor". It wasn't really until Armageddon's konquest mode and MK 2011 that he saw development as a character.

If you want to talk about "Fatigue" in a villain, look at Quan Chi. He's been either the big bad or part of the overall scheme for the better part of the last 20 years of Mortal Kombat.

Kahn is iconic, and I hope he makes a return as a playable characer in some form.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
06/25/2018 06:30 AM (UTC)

Smoke versus Kai
#8 Supreme Ranking #49
17 wins 5 losses Record 2 wins 5 losses
Champion (2013) Best Result Round 2 (2016)

Smoke escaped automation by the Lin Kuei, only to perish fighting to stop the Outworld invasion of Earth. Corrupted by Quan Chi's influence, Smoke now serves Netherrealm, appearing in Mortal Kombat X story mode as an antagonist to two generations of heroes hoping to stop Shinnok's rise. Seemingly masterless, Smoke's future remains uncertain as some of his fellow revenants establish a new rule in Hell.

Kai has not yet been seen during the new timeline. In the past, he was an emerging hero of the White Lotus Society who rescued Fujin and was recruited by Liu Kang into the Shaolin. He helped to defeat Shinnok and the demon hordes of Netherrealm who burned the Heavens. He then travelled the world seeking greater enlightenment, before returning to combat the forces of darkness during Armageddon.

Smoke toils in the inferno as a corrupt enenra, while Kai likely never met Liu Kang. The Netherrealm has changed both their lives in the new timeline - will it bring them together as enemies? Choose their destiny! FIGHT!

frabn
About Me

06/25/2018 02:29 PM (UTC)
Smoke, without question.

MK4 introduced some of the most boring new characters, and it's a tossup between Kai and Reiko as the most boring among them. Everything from his Bio "Kai is a member of White Lotus, he's doing some soul searching right now" to his ending "Nah, thanks Raiden, I'm just gonna go backpacking through Europe" was lazy and uninteresting.

Lame.

Smoke, after Reptile of course, may be the most iconic hidden character in the series. His sporadic playability throughout the games typically left everyone wanting to see more of him, though his personal story got kind of lost when Cyrax sort of cannibalized it. The new timeline made him much more interesting with the revelation that e channels the powers of a demon, which is sort of lying dormant within him (and became the dominant entity when he was a revenant).
About Me

06/25/2018 03:08 PM (UTC)
Kai deserves better.
Detox
About Me

06/26/2018 02:22 AM (UTC)
I’ve always liked Smoke, but keeping him human in the new timeline was a mistake. Being forced into automation and fighting(and failing) to regain his humanity is the tragic edge that has always made Smoke stand out. They tried to inject a bit of backstory with the “Enenra” thing, but it’s just kinda fallen flat. Personally, I’d like to see Enenra keep and corrupt Smoke’s human form. Meanwhile, Triborg becomes canon and Smoke’s consciousness gains control. That’s just me.

Kai is a character I’ve always wanted to catch on, but likely never will. He’s pretty much a blank slate in the new timeline. I honestly don’t know what they’d do with him. Here’s hoping, should he return for mk11, that they come up with something interesting.

Voted-Smoke
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

06/26/2018 06:30 AM (UTC)

Sonya Blade versus Kia
#18 Supreme Ranking #NA
9 wins 6 losses Record 0 wins 0 losses
Quarters (2013) Best Result Round 1 (2018)

Sonya Blade rose through the ranks of the Special Forces to serve as General twenty-five years after thwartng Shinnok's first invasion of Earth. Sonya advanced more than her career in Mortal Kombat X, overseeing a new generation of soldiers that includes her daughter Cassie! in MKX tie-in comics she held court with Outworld Emperor Kotal Kahn, chased down the Black Dragon clan, and returned to Shang Tsung's island to defeat Havik & Reiko! The General brought Jax back to active duty, orchestrating the capture of Quan Chi. She was there again when Shinnok was defeated a second time!

Kia is a Netherrealm demon who served Quan Chi as one of a trio of assassins. As reward for serving the Brotherhood of Shadow, the necromancer granted his asssassins beautiful human facades. Kia was a sub-boss in MK Mythologies: Sub-Zero, and was seen during Armageddon, where she battled Taven alongside her "sisters" Jataaka and Sareena. Her whereabouts during MKX are unknown. With Quan Chi seemingly destroyed, her future is as uncertain as ever.

General Sonya Blade was instrumental in defeating both of Shinnok's invasions, and brought about Quan Chi's apparent demise. Will Kia find a master in Netherrealm's new rulers, or seek vengeance for her old one? Choose their destiny! FIGHT!

Sonya since 92
About Me

Bladdy lovely Sig by Minion. PSN -rlg24 LIVE -WestcountryBlud

06/26/2018 07:26 AM (UTC)
Sonya. The First lady of Kombat
About Me

06/26/2018 01:03 PM (UTC)
Ugh, another character who never got enough screentime to focus my attention on her.

Voted Sonya.
frabn
About Me

06/26/2018 03:05 PM (UTC)
Kia getting a vote over Sonya proves that people are troll voting on this, as always.

Sonya.
DAEGON1
06/26/2018 05:34 PM (UTC)
I've never liked Sonya, but come on!

Last round I went with smoke, obviously.
malKilroy
06/26/2018 06:41 PM (UTC)
The (somewhat) Kerri Hoskins Mirror Match.

Although I like Sonya, I vote for the underdog in this match (Kia).
MKKitana
06/26/2018 09:20 PM (UTC)
Last round I went Kai because ive always thought Smoke is a bit overrated and i wasnt a fan in the last game.

This round....ugh.....Kia. Grudgingly.

Dislike both but went with her given that Yawnya Bland is pretty much my least favourite of the series
diirecthit
06/27/2018 12:19 AM (UTC)
MKKitana Wrote:
Last round I went Kai because ive always thought Smoke is a bit overrated and i wasnt a fan in the last game.

This round....ugh.....Kia. Grudgingly.

Dislike both but went with her given that Yawnya Bland is pretty much my least favourite of the series

Ironic coming from you, MKKitana.

On topic: Voted for the main female character of the series obviously!
Detox
About Me

06/27/2018 01:03 AM (UTC)
Voted-Sonya

Considering the opposition...probably don’t need to say much more than that.
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.