They might as well show us Sonya...
posted11/18/2010 03:55 PM (UTC)by
MK_Fanatic_
With all of the leaked pictures and her unconfirmed (but 100% expected) appearance in the game, they might as well show us what she can do in game.

I mean, we KNOW she's gonna be in it. The MK team should just show her finally so we can move onto someone new.
We KNOW Raiden and Shao Khan is in this game and they haven't shown us what they can do in game either. They might as well say "you got us That's Sonya here's the in focus vs picture and her character select picture" They won't show her ingame until She and they are ready.
LucaTurilli
11/11/2010 06:29 AM (UTC)
Ion3008 Wrote:
We KNOW Raiden and Shao Khan is in this game and they haven't shown us what they can do in game either. They might as well say "you got us That's Sonya here's the in focus vs picture and her character select picture" They won't show her ingame until She and they are ready.

/Thread.
ThePredator151
About Me
The Ultimate Mortal Kombat Experience
- Lead Graphic Designer - Mortal Kombat Online -

:G-play

:Story

:F-Design

:Cutout

:Get Sig

:Raiden

:Fans [1] [2]

:#LegendaryArts

11/11/2010 06:29 AM (UTC)
Yea, but then what about the cat and mouse game...?

Soon as we've seen what Sonya's got..they might as well show us the next one, and the next one, and the next one.

I like the suspense personally, and I hope they keep this sort of pace going. I feel it's more exciting that way. We get to speculate and so on this way which, again is a part of the the whole cat and mouse thing.
queve
11/11/2010 06:36 AM (UTC)
Sonya was pretty much the first confirmed character when WB trademarked her name back in November of last year (and later on February her voice actress confirmed it).

I'm super excited to see what they are going to do with her in this game. She looks fantastic:

I'm really loooooving the hair.

Also, this picture pretty much settles that very small yet very big controversial picture of the mystery character. It's definitely Sonya:

Mystery Character

I think they will definitely reveal her next considering all the little hints and easter eggs they've been showing us of her (in the first 2 MKasts, the Pit Video, GTTV show, etc).
samuhai
About Me

11/11/2010 06:39 AM (UTC)
queve Wrote:
Sonya was pretty much the first confirmed character when WB trademarked her name back in November of last year.

I'm super excited to see what they are going to do with her in this game. She looks fantastic:

I'm really loooooving the hair.

Also, this picture pretty much settles that very small yet very big controversial picture of the mystery character. It's definitely Sonya:

Mystery Character

Where'd that pic come from? Is that an interpretation of that silhouetted character select?
MK_Fanatic_
11/11/2010 06:43 AM (UTC)
It's from a leaked picture of the character select screen.
queve
11/11/2010 06:45 AM (UTC)
From here:

The thread!

I'm quite shocked these images have been revealed like this. Where did they originally come from? I have no idea.

But, whatever the case, this almost certainly means that Sonya will be the next big reveal. grin

LucaTurilli
11/11/2010 06:46 AM (UTC)
She is very Jill Valentine-esque.

queve
11/11/2010 07:02 AM (UTC)
LucaTurilli Wrote:
She is very Jill Valentine-esque.

And she has something very Lara-ish and Nina-ish to her as well. Like a pissed off version of those three girls:

I'm loving the new look.
fijikungfu
About Me

-Courtesy of TheCypher-

11/11/2010 07:02 AM (UTC)
OMG @ that thread, if that is Ermac, I am truly impressed... he's giving off that badass mystic aura that "if all else fails, call Ermac"...
Where'd all those pics come from, anyway? Those have got to be real, considering the Scorp and Sub ones are their actual costumes...
LucaTurilli
11/11/2010 07:06 AM (UTC)
I actually don't like this new look. Every fighting game has the "blond girl" character...

Sonya has been rather distinct looking, but now she too closely resembles Nina Williams, Sarah Bryant and others.

Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
11/11/2010 07:09 AM (UTC)
I think I'm getting a little bit of a Linda Hamilton vibe.
LucaTurilli
11/11/2010 07:11 AM (UTC)
Mick-Lucifer Wrote:
I think I'm getting a little bit of a Linda Hamilton vibe.

Ya know, I feel that a little too. But very vaguely...
queve
11/11/2010 07:24 AM (UTC)
LucaTurilli Wrote:
I actually don't like this new look. Every fighting game has the "blond girl" character...

Sonya has been rather distinct looking, but now she too closely resembles Nina Williams, Sarah Bryant and others.

I think we'll be able to fully judge this matter once we get a high quality render of Miss Blade.

Hurry up Mk team! grin
LucaTurilli
11/11/2010 07:26 AM (UTC)
Queve, I wonder, could they do anything to Sonya that you would disapprove of? You seem to be head-over-heels in love with the character.
Demon_0
About Me

Avatar is part of fanart created by Esau13

11/11/2010 07:31 AM (UTC)
Maybe if they gave her a dick. Otherwise, I don't think so
LucaTurilli
11/11/2010 07:35 AM (UTC)
Didn't they do that in MK vs DCU?
queve
11/11/2010 07:40 AM (UTC)
LucaTurilli Wrote:
Queve, I wonder, could they do anything to Sonya that you would disapprove of? You seem to be head-over-heels in love with the character.

Yes. This:

Demon_0 Wrote:
Maybe if they gave her a dick. Otherwise, I don't think so

lol.

On a serious note, yeah, I've actually disapproved of quite a lot in regards to Sonya:

* The unnecessary beret in MKvsDC.
* The MKDA's jacket sleeves were just too big for her.
* The extreme ridiculously tough expression in her face on the MK:SM render.
* The stupid idea of taking away all her trademarks in MKDA.
* The stupid idea of having Sonya fight in an underwear and without her pants: Beautiful, but, no thanks.
* More later.

And I would totally disapprove of even more if they actually started to mess her up or ruin her. She is my fave after all, so, gotta speak my mind if something is wrong.

LucaTurilli Wrote:
Didn't they do that in MK vs DCU?

LOL, that was actually another female character. wink

Come to think of it, Sonya had more balls and a bigger dick than most characters in that game. She seriously kicked ass in that game.
m0s3pH
About Me

Mortal Kombat Online - Community Manager

| Twitch | YouTube | Lawful Chaos |

Signature and avatar by ThePredator151

11/11/2010 07:42 AM (UTC)
fijikungfu Wrote:
OMG @ that thread, if that is Ermac, I am truly impressed... he's giving off that badass mystic aura that "if all else fails, call Ermac"...
Where'd all those pics come from, anyway? Those have got to be real, considering the Scorp and Sub ones are their actual costumes...

I concur with this. If that's what Ermac is going to look like in-game, then they knocked it out of the park. There isn't a damn thing you can do to improve that costume and he finally has a badass look to match the badass moves and abilities he has. Now if only they can improve his fatalities a bit. I really like the one that he has in the PAL version of MKSM, but it's too dependent on what stage you're on, so it wouldn't work. The standard repeated TK Slam is fine with me, but if his second one is this, all the better. Nice job, UR, by the way.

As far as Sonya goes, sure, let's see her. Might as well at this point. My favorite look of hers was the MK3 look, but I doubt we'll get anything close to that. As long as it isn't the MK4 costume, I can't really complain. Wasn't feeling the hat. I'm more interested, however, in what she'll play like in-game and how they approach her storyline, with regards to whether or not they plan to change anything about it.
Demon_0
About Me

11/11/2010 07:42 AM (UTC)
See, I never was a big fan of that crossover game... Guess I missed some plot twists here and there.
LucaTurilli
11/11/2010 07:48 AM (UTC)
Yea, THE RAGE made Kitana grow a penis and Sonya a manjaw and facial hair.
Demon_0
About Me

11/11/2010 07:49 AM (UTC)
I actually lol-ed at that
LucaTurilli
11/11/2010 07:58 AM (UTC)
Word. I'm such a stinker.
Lokheit
11/11/2010 08:05 AM (UTC)
Why was that thread with Sonya Goro and Ermac closed when 109129387319082670923 threads about what ifs, and possible rumored reveals aren't closed? O_O Goro and Ermac looked really authentic, you can see that:

Here: http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b351/JustinRex/SubZero2011.png

And here: http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b351/JustinRex/Scorpion2011.png

The man standing next to the poseters (official MK2011 posters of Scorp and SZ), is wearing the same that he did here:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b351/JustinRex/Goro2011.png

And here:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b351/JustinRex/ermac.jpg

So they are all part of the same gallery or the guy posing was another person who had the same clothes, nearly confirmed they are part of the game, and much more interesting than 95% of the what if threads, can't see the reason for it being locked. And the sonya image is part of the selection screen, more accurate than the blurry image thread and closer to a confirmation.
Pages: 4
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.